PDA

View Full Version : Petro is an azzhole!!

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Petro just picked the Chiefs to Lose down in Miami!! This dumbazz was Jack Harry's special guest. He also said that the Fins were a dangerous team?? ROFL

Phobia
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I think he has a point.

Sure-Oz
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
They could beat us...it is in Miami afterall, but we should be guaranteed 2 ints from Harrington.

I see Huard playing well, he is going to be playing his former team. I think we should def. win and we kicked ass last time we went down there.

kcxiv
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Fins can beat anyone with that D they got. Its all of matter of thier O clicking. It didnt early on, its starting to somewhat now.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Alot of people are picking that it doesn't make him an asshole......the Chiefs history in Miami is really bad.

morphius
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Other then our last trip to Miami we have always played horrible there, we shouldn't lose, but God knows this is the KC Chiefs...

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Alot of people are picking that it doesn't make him an asshole......the Chiefs history in Miami is really bad.

I kind of already thought he was an azzhole anyway. But to go on TV and predict a loss- :banghead:

The Bears gave them the game-unless we have a complete meltdown-we should kick their azzes like we did last year on 4 days rest.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Petro's probably my favorite KC radio personality.

He's right that this game could be trouble. KC better come to play.

Basileus777
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
He might be right, this is going to be a tougher game than the last 2 weeks.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I kind of already thought he was an azzhole anyway. But to go on TV and predict a loss- :banghead:
How in the hell does that make him an asshole?

He can't be in 100% full on homer mode all the time.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Petro's probably my favorite KC radio personality.

He's right that this game could be trouble. KC better come to play.

See it would be better if he said that-but to predict a loss-that is what the National Media is for. Damm, show some support for our team after 3 straight wins and getting back in the Playoff hunt.

I think we have a solid team-and he should give them the benefit of the doubt. Jack, just sat there like an idiot.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:35 PM
He might be right, this is going to be a tougher game than the last 2 weeks.

You really think the fins are better than St. Louis and Seattle??

One word...... Joey

Basileus777
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM

One word...... Joey

Miami actually has a defense, Seattle and St. Louis don't. Seattle was at home and this is a second consecutive road game. Our banged up defense is going to have to play much better if we want to win.

morphius
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Jack, just sat there like an idiot.

That is what he gets paid for, or have you not been paying attention :D

gblowfish
11-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Historically, the Chiefs have never played well in Florida, no matter what. Somebody ought to run down our historical record Vs Miami, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville playing in Florida.

When we won last year, it was a freak thing. Friday night game, before a hurricane, bunches of their fans high tailing for higher ground. Once in a lifetime situation.

This time may be a little different. Turnovers are the key. We need to get more than they do. Also, we've got a much bigger injury problem now, especially on defense. Guys are getting nicked up, and it won't get much better because we had an early bye week.

I think this game is a pick em at this point.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Petro also said he expects Green back because he still has a huge contract that the Chiefs would have to deal with.
Yep that is the only reason to bring him back??

Called Herm a Waffle-for taking a step back.

siberian khatru
11-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Petro also said Jimi Hendrix was a better guitarist than Alex Lifeson. WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Waffle Edwards does have a nice ring to it.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Petro also said Jimi Hendrix was a better guitarist than Alex Lifeson. WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always playing the Rush card ehh. Everyone knows that Alex is better. :) Jimi is a close second though.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2006, 07:46 PM
See it would be better if he said that-but to predict a loss-that is what the National Media is for. Damm, show some support for our team after 3 straight wins and getting back in the Playoff hunt.

I think we have a solid team-and he should give them the benefit of the doubt. Jack, just sat there like an idiot.

Petro's job is not to be a Chiefs fan - it's to talk about sports and have an opinion. Who cares if he picked Miami? It's the safe bet, considering injuries to the offensive line, injuries on defense (specifically, DJ), the Chiefs record in Florida and the fact they're going for their fourth straight win.

The odds aren't in the Chiefs favor.

the Talking Can
11-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Petro is the only radio personality in KC with any brains at all....I disagree with him, but he has reasons for his opinions unlike the other clowns...

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Petro is the only radio personality in KC with any brains at all....I disagree with him, but he has reasons for his opinions unlike the other clowns...

His reason was because they beat the Bears. Nevermind they have looked like crap the rest of the year. Bears had what 6 turnovers?

Eleazar
11-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Isn't the point of a prediction to say what you think will happen, not what you want to happen?

morphius
His reason was because they beat the Bears. Nevermind they have looked like crap the rest of the year. Bears had what 6 turnovers?
Well, we haven't done a great job of holding onto the ball in away games.

Pretty much if we give it away we could easily lose, if we don't we have a good chance to win.

Halfcan
Petro's job is not to be a Chiefs fan - it's to talk about sports and have an opinion. Who cares if he picked Miami? It's the safe bet, considering injuries to the offensive line, injuries on defense (specifically, DJ), the Chiefs record in Florida and the fact they're going for their fourth straight win.

I understand but why is the media ALWAYS against the Chiefs, it is a bunch of BS. They have been playing pretty well, so why not give them a break.

dirk digler
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM

Yep.

On a side note I am agreeing with Mecca alot more now so someone please shoot me. :)

jspchief
11-09-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Miami will be tough. Their offense sucks dick, and their defense is average.

If we lose to Miami, we can stop the play-offs talk...we're just another mediocre team.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I understand but why is the media ALWAYS against the Chiefs, it is a bunch of BS. LMAO

I'll wait for Zach to come along a deal with this.

Halfcan
Isn't the point of a prediction to say what you think will happen, not what you want to happen?

He has a right to his opinion- I just disagree.

NOBODY was picking us last week either when I said we were going to kick the Lambs azzes.

Archie F. Swin
I could have sworn Petro picked the Chiefs earlier this week on The Program

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:57 PM
LMAO

I'll wait for Zach to come along a deal with this.

Let them keep doubting us-we seem to do better as an Underdog anyway.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 07:57 PM
But... that's not what you said at all.

dirk digler
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM

NOBODY was picking us last week either when I said we were going to kick the Lambs azzes.

As long as the Chiefs keep winning who gives a ****?

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I could have sworn Petro picked the Chiefs earlier this week on The Program

Probably just did it so some dumbazz would start a thread on the Planet bitchin about it............ :hmmm: .............. :banghead:

Eleazar
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM

That's what I was thinking. I thought he was an azzhole who shouldn't be saying that.

Basileus777
11-09-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks Miami will be tough. Their offense sucks dick, and their defense is average.

If we lose to Miami, we can stop the play-offs talk...we're just another mediocre team.

Miami has a good defense:

#4 in total yards
#9 in scoring defense
#4 pass defense
#13 rush defense (but #4 in ypc)

And this is with a bad offense that turns over the ball and puts the defense in tough situations. Miami is playing at home coming off a big win. We are banged up and playing our second consecutive road game. We are a poor road team and are playing in Florida, a tough place for KC historically.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM

I think he is a dumbazz since its CHIEFS fans that make his ratings-and he goes on there pimping the 2-6 Fins who we just stomped the crap out of last year. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2006, 08:02 PM
I understand but why is the media ALWAYS against the Chiefs, it is a bunch of BS. They have been playing pretty well, so why not give them a break.

I guess the "Media" picks against the Chiefs so often because before this past weekend, the Chiefs were 0-18 on the road after November 1st since 1998. So it's a pretty safe bet that they're gonna lose on the road. In addition, I'm not sure which team you've been watching but this team hasn't won a playoff game since 1994 and have only played in one playoff game in the past 8 years.

Picking against the Chiefs has been like shooting fish in a barrel.

siberian khatru
11-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Yep.

On a side note I am agreeing with Mecca alot more now so someone please shoot me. :)

Be a man and pull the trigger yourself.

Simply Red
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
As we all know any team can be dangerous. My best guess is we get a win by a couple of field-goals. But who knows.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I guess the "Media" picks against the Chiefs so often because before this past weekend, the Chiefs were 0-18 on the road after November 1st since 1998. So it's a pretty safe bet that they're gonna lose on the road. In addition, I'm not sure which team you've been watching but this team hasn't won a playoff game since 1994 and have only played in one playoff game in the past 8 years.

Picking against the Chiefs has been like shooting fish in a barrel.I think the Chiefs have a very good chance to win this week, hell I'd pick them to win. We seem to have a different mentality on the road under Herm. The team in gerneral has some toughness we havent seen in a long time.

I just think it's silly to call out a radio personality for picking against them. (for the very reasons you mentioned)

Bob Dole
11-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Miami just knocked off previously undefeated Chicago.

Bob Dole would consider them "dangerous".

Skip Towne
11-09-2006, 08:10 PM
How many yards can we expect out of LJ?

Simply Red
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Miami just knocked off previously undefeated Chicago.

Bob Dole would consider them "dangerous".

I agree. Almost all teams in the NFL are dangerous.

Not to "preach to the choir" too much.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Miami this year:

VS Steelers-got stomped-gave up 28 points Loss

VS Bills-lost to a poor team-gave up 16 points Loss

VS Titans squeaked out a win against a bad team Win

VS Texans-worst team in the NFl-Loss

VS Pats-gave up 20 points-Loss

VS Jets-gave up 20 points-Loss

Vs Packers at home-gave up 34 Points- got stomped-Loss

Vs Bears-got 6 turnovers-Won

VS Chiefs-gave up 35 points-got stomped-LOSS!!!!

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 08:21 PM

Gawd I can't wait til we win a Playoff game, I am sick of hearing about it.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 08:23 PM
If last week wasn't enough of a wake up call to you that any team can beat any team at anytime I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter what the records are the history of this matchup points to the Chiefs struggling with them....they should win but it will be close....

Also the Dolphins have something the Chiefs struggle with......great speed rusher on the outside, specifically the right side. If Sampson is playing I fear Taylor will make him his bitch all game.

HemiEd
11-09-2006, 08:27 PM

Now that statement does not endere him to me. Herm needs to make sure his options are open. If Huard wins this game, with all of the above statements outlining the issues he is up against, Herm should be able to look at it objectively. (wheew, that was to long of sentence, sorry.)

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
If last week wasn't enough of a wake up call to you that any team can beat any team at anytime I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter what the records are the history of this matchup points to the Chiefs struggling with them....they should win but it will be close....

Also the Dolphins have something the Chiefs struggle with......great speed rusher on the outside, specifically the right side. If Sampson is playing I fear Taylor will make him his bitch all game.

I think Joey is going to be meat on a hook.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I think Joey is going to be meat on a hook.

The Bears pass rush is a million times better than ours....this will be a tougher game than you think.

HemiEd
11-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I hope Joey is going to be meat on a hook.

fyp

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I like Petro's show, it is the best sports on the radio IMO. That said, I hope he's wrong on this one.

Did anyone else watch "Inside The NFL" on HBO this week? Because they had a whole segment showing old predictions that the so called "experts" on the show had made throughout the year.

They were wrong on more than half.

KC Jones
11-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we lose to Miami. They have a very good defense and we're playing in their house. As good as we've managed to play lately, this team still let Seattle take a 4th quarter lead in our house, got humiliated by a Steelers team that sucks, and has escaped with some pretty close wins against not so great teams.

KChiefs1
11-09-2006, 09:02 PM
The Chiefs have one or two games every year where they are suppose to win that they end up losing...this game & the Cleveland game scare the hell outta me.

beer bacon
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM

This is pretty damn stupid. The odds are in the Chiefs' favor. They have flat out been a better team then Miami this season. We don't need to act like are underdogs against a 2-6 team. That is just plain foolish. 5-3 > 2-6.

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I like Petro's show, it is the best sports on the radio IMO. That said, I hope he's wrong on this one.Totally agree. I just dont care for the Friday "Stump the Chumps" stuff.

beer bacon
11-09-2006, 09:23 PM
The Chiefs have one or two games every year where they are suppose to win that they end up losing...this game & the Cleveland game scare the hell outta me.

The Herm Edwards led Chiefs do?

beer bacon
11-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Prediction: If the Dolphins get six turnovers against us on Sunday they will win.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Prediction: If the Dolphins get six turnovers against us on Sunday they will win.

Now that is something I can agree on.

L.A. Chieffan
11-09-2006, 09:41 PM

It's actually 0-18 on the road against teams that finished the season with a winning record. That stat is a joke, just like the Chiefs havent won in a dome that doesn't retract since 1997 until last week, or the Chiefs havent won on the road since the Cardinals won the world series since before 1983, and the Chiefs haven't won the road in the same season that Rutgers ended the season undefeated....etc etc

L.A. Chieffan
11-09-2006, 09:41 PM
who is this petros person? petros papadakis?
i hate that loser.

Skip Towne
11-09-2006, 09:42 PM
The Bears pass rush is a million times better than ours....
A million times huh?

Hammock Parties
11-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Skip, maybe 100? Miami's run defense is really good. This will be a big test.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 09:50 PM
A million times huh?
ROFL

Best in the Universe even.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Skip, maybe 100? Miami's run defense is really good. This will be a big test.

What Soren could have said-is that they have sold out the game and got the TV ban lifted-they are pumped up by beating the Bad News Bears and are as heal,thy as they have been all year-and they think Joey Kangaroo can get the job done now that we are missing out top tackler.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 09:53 PM
But that would take research.

morphius
11-09-2006, 09:58 PM
But that would take research.
Petro tends to do more research on things then most the other hacks in this town. Haven't listened to him much this year.

Valiant
11-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Petro just picked the Chiefs to Lose down in Miami!! This dumbazz was Jack Harry's special guest. He also said that the Fins were a dangerous team?? ROFL

Hell I picked the Chiefs to lose in miami...

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:32 PM

But you didn't go on TV and predict us to lose against the sorry Fins.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
But you didn't go on TV and predict us to lose against the sorry Fins.

Just because he works in the KC market doesn't mean he should be a homer.......if you just pick the Chiefs to win every week then that will make you "the homer guy who doesn't know shit" to people who know who you are.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Just because he works in the KC market doesn't mean he should be a homer.......if you just pick the Chiefs to win every week then that will make you "the homer guy who doesn't know shit" to people who know who you are.

I think he is a retard to think Miami is suddenly a strong team-they gave up 34 points to the Packers at home. I will be SHOCKED if we lose this game.

He could have said some good things about our team instead he was a d#ck and Pimped Miami. Jeez when they play good-people still have no respect for KC.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:40 PM

Folks picked us to lose down there last year too-we had a shitty record there-and were playing on a short week.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
It's because anyone who knows the Chiefs history in Miami knows they generally suck there even if Miami isn't good.........

How many times have the Chiefs lost a game they shouldn't have lost..........quite a few

Plus this team is still scattery on the road they aren't exactly great out there to be trusted yet.

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
who is this petros person? petros papadakis?
i hate that loser.

Soren Petro, he hosts a sports talk show on the radio in KC.

Skip Towne
11-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Petro tends to do more research on things then most the other hacks in this town. Haven't listened to him much this year.
Would you please learn the difference between then and than? Most of us did in the 5th grade.

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Totally agree. I just dont care for the Friday "Stump the Chumps" stuff.

Aww man, I used to love listening to Stump the Chumps on Friday afternoons, trying to get the questions right before my co-workers. Of course alot of them are just impossible.

morphius
11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Would you please learn the difference between then and than? Most of us did in the 5th grade.
Sure A'll get write on that...

Notice my lack of caring...

KcMizzou
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Would you please learn the difference between then and than? Most of us did in the 5th grade.Heh, Skip's back and ready to roll.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Soren Petro, he hosts a sports talk show on the radio in KC.

And really he is not that bad-I guess I am just tired of Jack Harry and everyone else giving the Chiefs no respect. Soren wants to create more controversy to boost his ratings-it is understandable. He did sound like a total azzhole though-you would think we were 2-6 and had got blown out by Green Bay at home by the way he was talking.

I am still pumped from the game last week-to me the Rams have a much stronger team.

morphius
11-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Heh, Skip's back and ready to roll.
It is good to see he's got his grump on. Without that and Dish TV he would be alone.

boogblaster
11-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Frick Pedro the Chiefs on paper stack-up pretty good against the Fish.. Hot weather was our enemy before down there in early season games..If the Fish could score I'd be concerned..But it is away and Chiefs football is a heart-breaker.....

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 10:53 PM
And really he is not that bad-I guess I am just tired of Jack Harry and everyone else giving the Chiefs no respect. Soren wants to create more controversy to boost his ratings-it is understandable. He did sound like a total azzhole though-you would think we were 2-6 and had got blown out by Green Bay at home by the way he was talking.

I am still pumped from the game last week-to me the Rams have a much stronger team.

I love your optimism, and I hope you're right.

I was watching MetroSports tonight, and I saw LJ mimick T.O., and put the ball on the ground and use it as a pillow during practice. And I was just thinking, man, I know it was just 15 seconds of practice, and he was just making a joke, but I hope these guys don't get too comfortable, and go out there and lay a turd like in Pitt.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:54 PM
It is good to see he's got his grump on. Without that and Dish TV he would be alone.

At least he picked the Chiefs to win this week-or was that Logical?? :hmmm:

morphius
11-09-2006, 10:55 PM

Do yourself a favor, don't listen to Harry, ever...

morphius
11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
At least he picked the Chiefs to win this week-or was that Logical?? :hmmm:
Well, at least he is a grammatically correct poser, LOL!

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I love your optimism, and I hope you're right.

I was watching MetroSports tonight, and I saw LJ mimick T.O., and put the ball on the ground and use it as a pillow during practice. And I was just thinking, man, I know it was just 15 seconds of practice, and he was just making a joke, but I hope these guys don't get too comfortable, and go out there and lay a turd like in Pitt.

That is Awesome-I wish someone would post that. Man LJ has really come out of his shell-Hard to believe he hated Papa Dick that much. If they don't already have Perfect Peyton's name on the award-LJ could be up for MVP if he keeps going at this pace.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Do yourself a favor, don't listen to Harry, ever...

Man the guy really hates the Chiefs-every time he is on it is like this

"Well good evening folks, I just can't for the life of me figure out what King Carl is doing with this team... I mean, first he.... :cuss: blah blah blah, then Herm, :cuss: blah blah blah... And I don't know about you folks, but I for one am pretty dog gone tired of all this monkey business with Trent Green. It is a real, shame this team is so bad."

:banghead:

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 11:05 PM
That is Awesome-I wish someone would post that. Man LJ has really come out of his shell-Hard to believe he hated Papa Dick that much. If they don't already have Perfect Peyton's name on the award-LJ could be up for MVP if he keeps going at this pace.

Am I the only one who saw this? I figured there was already a thread about it. :shrug:

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Am I the only one who saw this? I figured there was already a thread about it. :shrug:

First I heard about it. I would love to see it though. TO has Zero respect in the NFL.

Skip Towne
11-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Sure A'll get write on that...

Notice my lack of caring...
Which high school proudly graduated you?

Skip Towne
11-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Aren't you the guy who said you never made ANY lists until you were handed a mod job? Do you think that is an accident?

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Which high school proudly graduated you?

Same one as Petro. :)

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Aren't you the guy who said you never made ANY lists until you were handed a mod job? Do you think that is an accident?

Chiefs have an Asskicking List:

Dolphins
Faders
Cheatin Donks
Brownies
Thug Ravens
Over rated Steroid abusing Chargers
Stoopid Faders-for a second helpin of LJ
Jackuars

Herm is checking it twice to make sure noone misses out.

Nzoner
11-09-2006, 11:48 PM
I like Petro's show, it is the best sports on the radio IMO.

On a local basis I would agree but there is nothing like Sirus' NFL station I'm addicted.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Here ya go Petro!

Joey's career stats: QB Rating-67.8 In 62 Games he has 71 Int's 22 Fumbles with 8 Lost. Only 182.1 Y/G

79 Turnovers in 62 games. Jake the Fake Numbers-lol

Plus Detroit burned 3 #1s for Receivers to try and cover up the mistake of drafting him.

KC is going to add 4 more Turnovers to his stat sheet this Sunday!!!

Nzoner
11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Miami this year:

VS Titans squeaked out a win against a bad team Win

VS Texans-worst team in the NFl-Loss

That same "bad team" Titans that held Indy scoreless through an entire half and then only lost the game by 1 point on a last minute Manning pass.

That same "worst team" Texans that just recently beat the Jags 27-7 and went on the road last week to the G-men and gave them all they could handle only losing by 4.

My point is ANY GIVEN SUNDAY and before you go calling someone an azzhole for a prediction maybe you should watch the games a little closer.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:09 AM
That same "bad team" Titans that held Indy scoreless through an entire half and then only lost the game by 1 point on a last minute Manning pass.

That same "worst team" Texans that just recently beat the Jags 27-7 and went on the road last week to the G-men and gave them all they could handle only losing by 4.

My point is ANY GIVEN SUNDAY and before you go calling someone an azzhole for a prediction maybe you should watch the games a little closer.

Sorry but for the most part the Texans have been pretty bad. The only stats that matter is a Win or a Loss. Playing good a few quarters does not mean much.

And once again I called him that because we just came off a big win and he had nothing good to say about the Chiefs-and then picked them to lose based solely on the Bears handing the Fins the upset last week. All on TV that is. Sorry dude-he came off as a real azzhole!

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Maybe he is not so Negative and down on the Chiefs during his radio show. I have heard him a few times, but not a big fan. He is better than Keitzman if that counts?

Rausch
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Statistical convergence rarely proves me wrong in football betting...

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:16 AM
The Bears pass rush is a million times better than ours....this will be a tougher game than you think.

I would bet a million LJ will run at least 100 yards on the ground against them. And if you look at the stats when the Fins give up a 100 Yard game at home- it is not too good!

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Statistical convergence rarely proves me wrong in football betting...

Must be going for KC then.

CHENZ A!
11-10-2006, 09:13 AM
On a local basis I would agree but there is nothing like Sirus' NFL station I'm addicted.

That would be right up my alley, and make up a little for the fact that the assholes at Time Warner :cuss: won't give me the NFL Network. We have XM radio at work, and I think they pay monthly for it. For Sirius, you buy a reciever, and then pay each month or?

Bowser
11-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Somebody needs to stop Halfcan. The last time he predicted the Chiefs would "destroy" an opponent this season was against the Steelers.

His juju = bad.

alpha_omega
11-10-2006, 10:27 AM
It hasn't been that long ago that we couldn't even buy a win in Florida.

htismaqe
11-10-2006, 10:31 AM
This is pretty damn stupid. The odds are in the Chiefs' favor. They have flat out been a better team then Miami this season. We don't need to act like are underdogs against a 2-6 team. That is just plain foolish. 5-3 > 2-6.

No, the odds are far from being in the Chiefs favor.

2nd game of a 2-game road trip = loss most of the time

Bowser
11-10-2006, 10:48 AM
No, the odds are far from being in the Chiefs favor.

2nd game of a 2-game road trip = loss most of the time

It could be argued that the game in St. Louis wasn't an away game. I still get a kick out of Bulger having to go to a silent count in his own house.....

Chief Faithful
11-10-2006, 11:09 AM

One word...... Joey

I don't think the fins are the worst enemy the worst enemy is going to be themselves. If the Chiefs take the fins lightly, come out flat, or don't play their best I think the fins can take this game. If Edwards has really turned the Chiefs into a tough team they will win.

banyon
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Petro is the only guy on 810 woth a damn and you blast him?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Petro also said he expects Green back because he still has a huge contract that the Chiefs would have to deal with.
Yep that is the only reason to bring him back??

Petro has been around KK far too long. I still like him, but he has become as combative as KK.

Herm has to be a Head Coach first. Saying Trent is going to be the starting QB is not the way to handle Damon's confidence. Or thank him for the job he has done

Stewie
11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Petro has been around KK far too long. I still like him, but he has become as combative as KK.

I think Petro is the best of the local sports talk hosts and I don't think he's even close to as bad as Keitzman. Petro has always been combative in his stance, but at least he doesn't pound his fist and guffaw the way KK does. That becomes especially annoying when Jack Harry is around KK. AND KK tries to stir things up by saying something controversial whether he believes it or not and winds up sounding stupid trying to defend it. (Not that it's hard for KK to sound stupid.)

As for Petro picking Miami? I don't have a problem with that. It very well could happen.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
i think he's an azzhole too ... but not because he thinks we might lose ....... rather because of his never ending contempt he has for the fans.

if his nose we pointed any higher up in the air he would drowned if it rained.

Nzoner
11-10-2006, 02:01 PM
That would be right up my alley, and make up a little for the fact that the assholes at Time Warner :cuss: won't give me the NFL Network. We have XM radio at work, and I think they pay monthly for it. For Sirius, you buy a reciever, and then pay each month or?

I'm assuming you can pay by the month,I pay by the year.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Somebody needs to stop Halfcan. The last time he predicted the Chiefs would "destroy" an opponent this season was against the Steelers.

His juju = bad.

Actually, it was just last week-when EVERYBODY was picking us to lose to the Lambs. I said we would Dominate them.

I think, if the Steelers came here that would have been a win-how was I to know they would party all night at a dildo convention and come out flat???

GoHuge
11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Actually, it was just last week-when EVERYBODY was picking us to lose to the Lambs. I said we would Dominate them.

I think, if the Steelers came here that would have been a win-how was I to know they would party all night at a dildo convention and come out flat???Petro is the best sports radio guy in town and the most informed. He does his research, looks at a game, breaks it down, and gives you his honest opinion of what he thinks is going to happen.

This is just a few things that Soren was probably basing his decision on. The Chiefs have lost 10 out of the last 12 times they've played in Florida. There still having alot of mental errors and this defense they are playing is very good with some serious playmakers. Both of our offense tackles are backups this week, this will be the first week in three years that our interior offensive lineman will have a new guy in because of Waters being out. Who ever plays in his spot will have not have played at all this year other than a few snaps against the Rams. DJ is out and Wesley might be. Those are some pretty important people missing especially when your playing Miami's D. Miami is coming off of a bye week and gained some confidence by beating the best team in the NFC (even if it was because of turnovers). Gonzalez is peobably going to have to stay home and help chip Jason Taylor so it isn't I-65 to Huard's blind side. These are the things an analyst looks at when making a pick on a game. There are alot of reasons the Chiefs could lose this game and Soren probably sees even more than the ones that are obvious to me.

His job is to try and inform the people listening and give his educated opinion. What kind of professional would he be if picked the Chiefs to win every game? Would he have any credibility or would anybody even listen to the guy on the radio if he made his preseason Chiefs pick and said "I think they'll go 16-0" Since he isn't 100% homer when he's brought on to break down a game he's an asshole? What the hell is wrong with you? On the prediction thread that was running the other day plenty of people where picking Miami. Are they assholes to? Or just Soren because he went on TV and said the 5-3 Chiefs could lose a road game. Did it hurt your feelings or something? :deevee:

Stewie
11-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey GoHuge39, do you lick Petro's boots? Kinda sounds like it.

KcMizzou
11-10-2006, 03:46 PM

His juju = bad.Meh. He predicts that every week.