PDA

View Full Version : Out for the rest of the season....

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 12:07 AM
ChiefsPlanet News-
In what may prove to be the final sack of C-Mac's illustrious football career. Last Saturday at infamous West Side Football field in Rogers Arkansas, while making another sack against the opposing team adding to his massive sack total for the day, C-Mac went down. With the QB firmly in his grips and his way down, another fellow defensive team member while attempting to share the sack pushed the group while they were on the way down causing C-Mac to brace his impact completely with his left forearm. Upon getting up he to realizes that his left arm isnt where his brain had been asking it to be. He left the field under his own power and underwent very expensive surgery to repair the severed bone the next morning. This is his first broken bone ever even after playing through 8 years organized Football and 1 year of college Rugby. When asked about the injury C-Mac stated: "I really dont know why a grown man with 4 kids is playing tackle football...I feel like a complete idiot".

http://www.gigglesnfarts.com/Misc/broken-arm.jpg

Phobia
11-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Man up and walk it off.

SPchief
11-10-2006, 12:09 AM
why would you post a picture of your vagina on the planet?

Sack up and play pussy.

Rausch
11-10-2006, 12:10 AM
NOW I want in.

Hell's yeah.

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 12:12 AM
It was also my first stay at a hospital.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
So your out for flag football on Sat?? lol

Sorry to hear about that-seems like you are taking it in good spirits though.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Are we going to have a thanksgiving week game? I'm in town 11/19 through 11/23. I want to burn Phobia.

Rausch
11-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Are we going to have a thanksgiving week game? I'm in town 11/19 through 11/23. I want to burn Phobia.

Don't even.

I'm off that week, yer' $hit would get ruined...And I'd have better pics...

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
So your out for flag football on Sat?? lol

Sorry to hear about that-seems like you are taking it in good spirits though.

The pain killers are effective. :drool:
This is the first time since then that I felt like sitting and one finger typing.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Don't even.

I'm off that week, yer' $hit would get ruined...And I'd have better pics...

I was going to stay at his place originally. The photo ops would have been numerous. You have my word I will be snapping like crazy, though.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
The pain killers are effective. :drool:
This is the first time since then that I felt like sitting and one finger typing.
I hope you feel better soon. Man, if they kept you it must really be bad.

TinyEvel
11-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Is that your upper Arm?

NICE!

This is the reason I decided to bail early on my budding street luge career. Tho I was a competitive cyclist for about six years. Had one bad crash, got an ambulance ride, but didn't break any bones.

Rausch
11-10-2006, 12:27 AM
The chance to play MLB vs. tEH Goat's TE/FB/HB would be a dream.

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 12:40 AM
They drilled down thru my rotor cuff into the two severed bones, then hammered a titanium rod down thru both. Added about five set screws.
I'll be fine, twas quite the experience though.

wutamess
11-10-2006, 12:44 AM
That's the one reason why I refuse to play tackle football. physical 2-hand touch is just as good and competitive enough.

If I do... I'm like Chris Carter... All I do is catch touchdowns.

True story:
I pitched in KC Mens League over summer break in K.C. 2 outs and I threw a pitch. Batter swung and placed a nice bee-line to my outside of my shin. All I could do was jump to avoid it. The damned thing knocked me off of my feet.

I originally thought it was bruised and proceeded to pitch to the next batter. Tried throwing a fast ball and couldn't get any leverage on the leg. Long story short... Threw 3 straight curve balls and struck the guy out to end the game.

Pain got so bad I couldn't bear it anymore... X-rays 2-3 days later revealed fractured on the fibula.

Side Note:
I had planned on organizing a Thanksgiving game the weekend before or after (Probably both).

Bob Dole
11-10-2006, 12:51 AM

You planning on Phil laying down to take a nap on the 40 yard line?

Simplex3
11-10-2006, 12:58 AM
GoQueer couldn't burn Phil with a gas can and a box of matches.

Phobia
You planning on Phil laying down to take a nap on the 40 yard line?

Which is the only way I'm getting burned by a pasty lardass who lives in his momma's basement.

wutamess
While I'm talking about broken bone stories... Got another one.

Must've been 2000ish.
Playing Basketball in the Purdue Recreational Center in West Lafayette, Indiana. Somehow I get the ball on a fast break (I'm 5'8") and this (6'3"ish) guy is trailing me as a defender.

I get to my destination for the layup. Stopped & pump faked. By this time, big dude is already in the air trying to throw my stuff into never-ever land. When I jump up to shoot (after the pump fake), (on his way down) he firmly placed his hip bone onto the side of my nose... "The perfect storm". I immediately knew it was broken & went straight to the restroom to see how far it was to the side of my face.

Go to nose Dr. 1 week later & he suggests to have the angio-septoplasty(sp?) to repair the damage within the next week. I'm scared of hospitals and surgeries and this one didn't change my mind at all. The surgery wasn't the hard part after they knocked me out.

Coming to, I did hear the surgeon call 2 of his aides Wainches (sp?) in the recovery area and when he left the room they couldn't believe he referred to them as that and was upset while discussing it.

Back to story... They put my nose in a cast and packed it tight with 4 9" gauzes for inside support to wear until my next checkup 1-week (No breathing out of my nose for a week). Still not the hard part.

1 week later, I go back to the Dr. to have my packing removed. Mind you I'm scared to death of Dr's. He pull out 2 needle nose plier looking concoctions. one to spread my nostrils apart and to pull them open. The next pair was to remove the gauzes that was far up my nose.

1 week later, the sinus drainage has had time to dry with the gauzes stuck up in there against my sinus cavity. I've never felt a pain so horrible in my life when he pulled 3 of the 9" gauzes off of my dried sinus cavity. I couldn't take it no more and pleaded with him not to do the 4th until next visit. He agreed with my suggestion.

Needless to say, I pulled that sucker out that night with much less pain. It came out relatively easy & pain free.

I never want to experience that pain ever again.

wutamess
11-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Which is the only way I'm getting burned by a pasty lardass who lives in his momma's basement.

I think you've forgotten that you can get easily burned with a bummed knee at the moment.

You don't have very good self-actualization skills.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 01:12 AM
I think you've forgotten that you can get easily burned with a bummed knee at the moment.

You don't have very good self-actualization skills.

Bahahaha!!! My knees are completely healthy.

Bob Dole
11-10-2006, 01:13 AM

That's pretty much what Bob Dole was trying to say.

Even with that 75 pound misshapen gourd you call a head, Bob Dole is pretty sure you're not going to get burned by Fluff Daddy.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:22 AM
The knee is at least 75% healthy.

I have to be ready for a Warpaint vs. Coalition flag football game the 18th. Wow - that's coming up fast.

Coach
11-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Oh damn, that looked nasty. Surgery to put in metal plate and screws?

I haven't had any surgery thankfully, but I have suffered a few share of serious injuries, like a broken collarbone (twice) and a forearm.

Either way, hope that you recover for next season. Looks like I'll have to place you on IR, C-mac.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 01:40 AM
The knee is at least 75% healthy.

I have to be ready for a Warpaint vs. Coalition flag football game the 18th. Wow - that's coming up fast.

DAMMIT!!! My flight is arriving that day at 5 pm.

This isn't gonna happen.

Coach
11-10-2006, 01:41 AM

Heh, I'll burn you like Peyton Manning did to Foxworthy. :p

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:45 AM
DAMMIT!!! My flight is arriving that day at 5 pm.

This isn't gonna happen.

We planned it this way intentionally.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 01:50 AM
We planned it this way intentionally.

What's this bullshit? I don't ****in' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the ****s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have ****ed you in the ass Saturday. I **** you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6895/thebiglebowskijesusgx8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mosbonian
11-10-2006, 02:05 AM
That's the one reason why I refuse to play tackle football. physical 2-hand touch is just as good and competitive enough.

If I do... I'm like Chris Carter... All I do is catch touchdowns.

True story:
I pitched in KC Mens League over summer break in K.C. 2 outs and I threw a pitch. Batter swung and placed a nice bee-line to my outside of my shin. All I could do was jump to avoid it. The damned thing knocked me off of my feet.

I originally thought it was bruised and proceeded to pitch to the next batter. Tried throwing a fast ball and couldn't get any leverage on the leg. Long story short... Threw 3 straight curve balls and struck the guy out to end the game.

Pain got so bad I couldn't bear it anymore... X-rays 2-3 days later revealed fractured on the fibula.

Side Note:
I had planned on organizing a Thanksgiving game the weekend before or after (Probably both).

Same thing happened to me pitching in Slo-Pitch last year.

Did they give you a lecture about watching for a blood clot forming?

mmaddog

HemiEd
11-10-2006, 05:03 AM

That is what I was thinking, holy crap CMac. I got nothing except take care.

HemiEd
11-10-2006, 05:04 AM
They drilled down thru my rotor cuff into the two severed bones, then hammered a titanium rod down thru both. Added about five set screws.
I'll be fine, twas quite the experience though.

:(

Garcia Bronco
11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
In my left Elbow and have two plates with 7 screws in each one with a large bolt attached and wire wrapped around it

Skip Towne
11-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Damn, Craig, does this mean IR for you?

bkkcoh
11-10-2006, 08:13 AM
i had scoliosis and have my spine fused from T3 T11 and have a stainless steel rod with screws to support it.

cdcox
11-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I was disappointed in the picture. I was hoping for a on-the-scene shot of a nice compound facture, or at least an arm going off in some sick direction.

Hope your recovery goes well.

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Damn, Craig, does this mean IR for you?

Mr. Kotter
11-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Everytime I think of joining in such a game myself, I'll try to remember your tale.

Hope all goes well with the recovery and healing. :)

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Everytime I think of joining in such a game myself, I'll try to remember your tale.

Hope all goes well with the recovery and healing. :)

Thanks Mr. K and to the many other well wishers, I do appreciate it.

morphius
11-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Damn man! That doesn't look like fun at all. Hope it heals well for you soon.

Chief Chief
11-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Please tell me you were whacked out on excessive pain medication when ya delivered that Pulitzer-Prize-winning quote.

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Please tell me you were whacked out on excessive pain medication when ya delivered that Pulitzer-Prize-winning quote.
Was it that noticable?

C-Mac
11-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Damn man! That doesn't look like fun at all. Hope it heals well for you soon.
It sure takes the fun out of typing.

DaFace
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Ouch...I wondered why you weren't around last weekend. Good luck on a speedy recovery, man.

C-Mac
11-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Ouch...I wondered why you weren't around last weekend. Good luck on a speedy recovery, man.

Thanks Matt.
I tried to get the wife to bring my laptop to the hospital room so I could give you a heads up, she said "ya right". Funny thing my surgery was scheduled at 12:00(kickoff time) and as I was going in I was making light with the doctor saying he could wait till 3 or so if he wanted. He looked down at me and said "what....you a Chiefs fan too?" I then knew all would be well.

stumppy
11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
In my back I have two titanium support cages between L-4 and L-5 and a titanium plate that is screwed to S-1 and L-3.

Lzen
11-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Man up and walk it off.

Yeah right, you pussy. Where were you last time we played football in Raytown?

Smed1065
11-11-2006, 08:08 PM

You told me it was planned ahead of time and you would 'deal' with it if happened..

Reality is here and face it. No I do not baby sit!