PDA

View Full Version : The Chief Of Staff

Phobia
11-10-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm kinda tired of see people tearing one another down over the so-called QB controversy. It inspired me to write this:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=588931

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I agree with everything you said-I am going for Green also-lol

Your best article so far.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Heh heh. You know you say that for every new article I post over here, don't you? I guess that means I'm improving. Heh heh.

Mosbonian
11-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Good article Phil....

mmaddog

TinyEvel
11-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Phil, what separates you from EnDelt. Physically?

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't understand the question, TE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-10-2006, 01:27 AM
That was a good piece. I'm guessing it emanated (in part) from a distaste of mud slinging in the recent elections--ultimately I think that you are right, and I like the analysis. It's unusual, but at the same time, it runs the risk of being a little reductive. You can't know that Herm will put in the QB that gives us the best chance to win, just like you weren't sure that Marty's decision was going to be the wrong one (100% sure at least). It's the uncertainty that people are arguing over, and that's why it's so volitile. People are afraid of the unknown and we don't know what's going to happen if Huard plays out the string, or Green comes back. Hence the stress, at least IMO.

TinyEvel
11-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't understand the question, TE.

I saw a pic of ENDelt, and I think you guys are twins, separated at birth.

TinyEvel
11-10-2006, 01:35 AM
BTW, great article.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Oh no, Brian and I look nothing alike save the goatee.

He's a lot taller and a lot skinnier. I'm a short, fat, big-headed troll.

Mosbonian
11-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Oh no, Brian and I look nothing alike save the goatee.

He's a lot taller and a lot skinnier. I'm a short, fat, big-headed troll.

Don't be so hard on yourself Phil....you're not short and fat. :)

mmaddog

Phobia
11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
That was a good piece. I'm guessing it emanated (in part) from a distaste of mud slinging in the recent elections--ultimately I think that you are right, and I like the analysis. It's unusual, but at the same time, it runs the risk of being a little reductive. You can't know that Herm will put in the QB that gives us the best chance to win, just like you weren't sure that Marty's decision was going to be the wrong one (100% sure at least). It's the uncertainty that people are arguing over, and that's why it's so volitile. People are afraid of the unknown and we don't know what's going to happen if Huard plays out the string, or Green comes back. Hence the stress, at least IMO.

No, you're right. We can't be certain of much under the current scenario. The only thing we can be certain of is impending backlash if the QB Herm selects doesn't take us to the promised land.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Heh heh. You know you say that for every new article I post over here, don't you? I guess that means I'm improving. Heh heh.

I would say you are maturing-getting more comfortable, and definately finding your own writing style. :clap:

greg63
11-10-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm kinda tired of see people tearing one another down over the so-called QB controversy. It inspired me to write this:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=588931

Nice read and I agree; although I would hate to see Green lose his starting spot again due to injury.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Nice read and I agree; although I would hate to see Green lose his starting spot again due to injury.

Exactly, I think Phob makes that pretty clear-Herm is screwed either way if it does not work out. :hmmm:

Bob Dole
11-10-2006, 01:53 AM

If it worked out the same way it did the last time he lost his starting spot to injury, Bob Dole wouldn't have any complaints.

Hootie
11-10-2006, 01:56 AM
If it worked out the same way it did the last time he lost his starting spot to injury, Bob Dole wouldn't have any complaints.
Agreed.

greg63
11-10-2006, 08:26 AM

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

Redcoats58
11-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Nice article Phil.

siberian khatru
11-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Phil, what separates you from EnDelt. Physically?

A crowbar.

Fish
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Nice Phil.... other than that first sentence...

boogblaster
11-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Green=best chance....

Skip Towne
11-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Let's use the Dick Vermeil plan. Trent plays two series then Huard plays a series.

StcChief
11-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice....read. Green gives us the best chance in long run.

to bad America doesn't have people playing on the same team. :)

Phobia
11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice....read. Green gives us the best chance in long run.

to bad America doesn't have people playing on the same team. :)

That was the underlying, bigger picture message. Heh. I tackle social issues. ;)

L.A. Chieffan
11-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Nice job man. I'm with ya all the way. We are all Chief fans and whatever happens happens. Green deserves a shot, Huard deserves a shot. I'm sick of all the fighting that's been going on around here. At least in the past few seasons we were all united in our hatred for the defense.
This isn't Grbac vs. Gannon II because NOBODY wanted Grbac to come back. (well, except for Marty)

alpha_omega
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Good article...thanks for sharing.

This line is great:
eleventy-billion dollars

Luzap
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Good job Phil.

Thanks for not being a media whore and playing to the ratings.
I have my own opinion, but Herm will make the decision and we have to decide if we support our coach or not.

Luz
QB Controversy is good for the media, bad for the team...

HemiEd
11-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Another good read, enjoyed it.

DeepSouth
11-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Not too bad Phobia.

penguinz
11-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I choose Pepsi.

JBucc
11-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I like Pepsi and Coke, but Dr. Pepper sucks ass.

ExtremeChief
11-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Not bad at all Pinky.

DaFace
11-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Good read, Phil. I think it's your best article yet, and I don't think I've ever said that before.

Fairplay
11-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Good job Phobia.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 03:40 PM
You guys are too kind. I'm really in search of a "fan" who will trash my stuff every week. You know how Gretz has the Deberg cat? I want one of him.

wilas101
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
You guys are too kind. I'm really in search of a "fan" who will trash my stuff every week. You know how Gretz has the Deberg cat? I want one of him.

I thought the article sucked because everyone knows eleventy billion dollars isn't right.

Herm only makes around tenity billion or so.

wilas101
11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Feel better? :)

Katie
11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I think Herm will go with Trent, unless he looks bad in practice. But if he picks Huard- fine. As Phil said, no matter who starts, they're both on the same team...

Thanks for reminding the nation, Phil.

JBucc
11-10-2006, 04:20 PM
I think Herm will go with Trent, unless he looks bad in practice. But if he picks Huard- fine. As Phil said, no matter who starts, they're both on the same team...

Thanks for reminding the nation, Phil.Who are you and why haven't I ever heard of you before?

Easy 6
11-10-2006, 04:37 PM
It was a very clever & timely idea to meld the QB controversy with the election. And there certainly is way to much pointless jaw jacking about our QB's.

Fairplay
11-10-2006, 04:41 PM

I would think GoChiefs would give it a thumbs down. He seems really picky when it comes to articles written by other people on here.
Except his own of course.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Gochiefs is my number 1 fan, which is why I question my own self-worth.

Fish
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Gochiefs is my number 1 fan, which is why I question my own self-worth.

:shake:

It's almost 5:00..... begin drinking immediately and get these kinds of thoughts outta your head....

Que Card QB
11-10-2006, 04:57 PM
You guys are too kind. I'm really in search of a "fan" who will trash my stuff every week. You know how Gretz has the Deberg cat? I want one of him.The political stuff was lame. You could've just started with "Trent Green has had bowel movements greater than Damon Huard." Hows that? ;)

Seriously though;
No other position in the NFL is so strongly and passionately debated. You don't hear people calling talk radio 24 hours a day to discuss the battle at middle linebacker. Kickers share their portion of scrutiny, and everybody is always interested in who wins, but there's not generally enough emotional investment to make much of a splash. I think you are on to something here that many people forget in this whole "controversy". The reason we're winning is not all Damon, nor would it be all Trent. It's LJ controlling the ball, T-go converting third downs, Damon throwing pretty safe passes, Herm motivating, and biggest of all, the defense is getting turnovers and preventing big plays.
Damon has had 9 fumbles in 8 games, lost 4--two (I believe) were hand offs to LJ--and he's thrown some terribly uncatchable screen passes to LJ and Dante. Yet despite those errors, he's done a great job making other plays when needed but you are so correct, the Chiefs are getting it done as a team, with Damon contributing his share. I say Trent will contribute more.

Phobia
11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
I really do appreciate everybody who takes a moment to provide the feedback and also those who read the column but don't feel compelled to respond.

I learn a lot from those who do respond. I think my writing has improved because I value your comments. It's interesting for me to review what you took from the column, especially when I intended to convey that message - such as the post by StcChief about Americans playing on the same team. But it's incredibly enlightening when somebody takes something from the column that wasn't actually intentional on my part.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I would think GoChiefs would give it a thumbs down.

I liked it. It was good.

He seems really picky when it comes to articles written by other people on here.

Not really.

Except his own of course.

That's because I ****ing rule.

Skip Towne
11-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Who are you and why haven't I ever heard of you before?
Because you are a n00b and she is a founder.

RedThat
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Nice article Phil :thumb:

It shouldn't really matter who starts. you're right, both are on the same team. And I'd like to add, either way, it feels good knowing we have 2 capable QB's.

Whoever can win us games, and whatever decision Herm thinks is necessary, us Chief fans should ride along with that. And support him.

I don't know if this the correct approach from a fans perspective? But in reality this all we can ask from ourselves.