PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Holthus just said..

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 11:39 AM
...if the Chiefs win at Miami on Sunday, that they will go on to win the division. However, he did not elaborate on how he's come to that conclusion.

Anybody buying that, or know why he thinks that?

Demonpenz
11-10-2006, 11:40 AM
happy hour starts early on fridays for mitch

DMAC
11-10-2006, 11:40 AM
:homer: + :BLVD:= Division Winners.

Kylo Ren
11-10-2006, 11:41 AM
San Diego and Denver play each other twice and we play the Raiders twice in the final 8 weeks.

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 11:41 AM
:homer:?
What, is he just a sunshine pumper?

morphius
11-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm more worried about taking care of business in the Oakland game. Especially if that is the game were Trent comes back.

DMAC
11-10-2006, 11:43 AM
What, is he just a sunshine pumper?I clarified.

Archie F. Swin
11-10-2006, 11:43 AM
That Holthus, he's an objective motorscooter!

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I clarified.
LMAO Gotcha, that explains a lot.

Hootie
11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I guarantee we win the division.

We have the best team.

Denver is the worst of the three.

StcChief
11-10-2006, 11:52 AM

We have the best team.

I'm taking that to the bank. ROFL

our chances are as good as anyone at this point.

boogblaster
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Ball-control Blitz Ball-control Blitz Ball-control Blitz

Wa-Z
11-10-2006, 12:18 PM
:homer: + :BLVD:= Division Winners.
ROFL

Deberg_1990
11-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Id almost consider this a MUST WIN because its an AFC game and we need to up our conference record for tie-breaker scenarios.

Luzap
11-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I can understand it...

To make the playoffs, we have to assume we'll win our remaining home games. That leaves Miami, Cleveland, San Diego, and Oakland on the road.

If we take Miami, we could lose all our remaining road games and still end up 10-6.
Most likely we will drop the San Diego game, but if we take Miami and Cleveland, or Miami and Oakland, it could put us at 11-5 and in the drivers seat for the Division or at least a wild card.

Luz
it would also give us some insurance in case we drop a home game...

HemiEd
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
San Diego and Denver play each other twice and we play the Raiders twice in the final 8 weeks.

And to continue, we still have Denver at Arrowhead. Weather should be nice for the Chiefs trip to San Diego. Chiefs should be no worse than .500 with those two, maybe .750

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Id almost consider this a MUST WIN because its an AFC game and we need to up our conference record for tie-breaker scenarios.
That really doesn't matter anymore because the rest of our games are AFC games.

penguinz
11-10-2006, 12:47 PM
12-4 here we come

Gravedigger
11-10-2006, 01:41 PM
First we have to win at Miami but I'd say our pivitol game is against Denver on Thanksgiving. I know it's at home and we usually win against Denver at home but Denver is leading the division atm. San Diego is hot and cold and they could fail but if we don't stand up to Denver then they'll win the division.

Gonzo
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM

We have the best team.

That is going on my sig. :p

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 01:51 PM
That is going on my sig. :p
Mine's better.

htismaqe
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I agree with Mitch.

Calcountry
11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm more worried about taking care of business in the Oakland game. Especially if that is the game were Trent comes back.If we win this Sunday with Huard, 2 consecutive road victories, then Green needs to keep his seat until his head feels really really really good. Or, until Huard gets choppy.

Sorry for all you hero worshipers. Green is a great guy, but this is a professional football team, and they are winning, go with it.

CoMoChief
11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
The only way we win the division is that we have to beat DEN and @SD. We also have to take care of OAK as well.

Gonzo
11-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Mine's better.

I wonder how much he had to drink that day.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-10-2006, 03:36 PM
The only way we win the division is to have a better record than Denver, San Diego, and Oakland.

Damn, I'm smart. I amaze myself sometimes.

djwells
11-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Possibly:

SD - lost to Bal, beat Pitt, beat Stl, Cincy week 10, Seattle week 16
Den - beat Bal, beat Pitt, lost to Stl, Cincy week 16, Seattle week 13
KC - week 14, lost to Pitt, beat Stl, lost to Cincy, beat Seattle

Common not listed, Clev and Ariz - both of which should be beat by all three

SD - Wins out with KC split and Denv split 12-4 and 3-2 common opp
Den - Wins out with KC split and SD split 12-4 and 4-1 common opp
KC - Wins out with DEN split and SD split 12-4 and 3-2 common opp

KC needs SD to lose to Cincy and Seattle and split with KC and Den;
needs Den to lose to Cincy and Seattle and split with KC and SD

A good thing to keep in mind is that Alexander and Hasselback should be back for Seattle before either SD or Den and that bodes well for KC. Cincy is already playing for their playoff lives so SD and Den are also playing this team with its back against the wall.

If KC wins out SD will be one game back if they split with Den. If Den sweeps SD then SD is two games back and Den is one game up on the Chiefs. At any rate Den would have a better common opponent record and would take the tie-breaker with KC if it came to that.

KC might be okay if they win all but the SD game.

Spott
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
That's odd. That would only give us 6 wins. I don't think that 6-10 would win the division.

CupidStunt
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM
We need to get to 8-3 hoping Denver loses one of their next two. And if they don't we're both 8-3 with 5 left.

All we can do is keep winning. We can afford to drop another game but not two unless the tiebreakers begin to swing in our favor (which is unlikely).

dtebbe
11-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't think Denver and SD have played each other yet, so once they beat each other up, and if we keep winning... things could really get interesting....

DT

ChiefFan31
11-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and make a prediction of my own.

If we win down in Miami...we will be 6-3.

Winners of 4 straight, I might add.

Skip Towne
11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
The only way we win the division is to have a better record than Denver, San Diego, and Oakland.

Damn, I'm smart. I amaze myself sometimes.
I'm amazed you remember to breathe.

RINGLEADER
11-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, if we win at Miami I predict wins at home against Oakland and Denver will follow. That will leave us at 8-3.

During the same stretch I expect Denver to go 2-1 with wins at Oakland and against San Diego and the aforementioned loss to KC, so that leaves them at 8-3.

And during that same stretch I see the Chargers going 1-2 with back-to-back losses at Cincy and Denver followed by a get well game at home against Oakland, leaving them at 7-4.

What happens next? For the stretch run KC faces at Cleveland, Baltimore, at San Diego then Oakland, then back home against Jacksonville. A tough schedule but I give up the home games as well as 2-1 from the road games (yes, loss at San Diego I suspect). We finish up 11-5.

Denver, meanwhile, has Seattle at home, back to back road games against San Diego and Arizona, then back-to-back home games against Cincy and the Niners. Only see one loss there so they end up 4-1 in that stretch and go 11-5.

San Diego faces at Buffalo, home against Denver then KC, at Seattle and close up with Arizona at home. They might slip up against Denver or Seattle on the road but I give them a 5-0 run. They finish 11-5.

So we have three teams atop the AFC West at 11-5. All three will have divisional records of 4-2. This is where the best percentage in common games comes in. If my projections hold true Denver will take the division with one loss to St. Louis. Provided San Diego drops one this week they have two common losses to us Baltimore and Cincy. This is where our losses to Cincy and Pittsburgh bite us in the butt.

So in this scenario Denver takes the division unless they stumble somewhere that I don't see.

I won't even venture a guess on the wild-card. Conceivably the Jets, Cincy, and Jacksonville will be playing against us and San Diego for the two wild cards -- but again, our conference record really hurts. The first tie-breaker is head to head so if Balitmore wins the AFC North the Chiefs and Chargers would be at a disadvantage against Cincy and potentially an advantage against Jacksonville. If Cincy pulls out the division and we end up tied in some respect with Balitmore we hold the advantage over them and San Diego.

But if we manage to only drop one more game we'll still have four conference losses (right now the Jets have four, Cincy has two, Jacksonville has two and San Diego has two). In my projections there will be two more conference losses for San Diego and at least one more conference loss for Cincy.

I don't see Jacksonville hanging on with just one more loss besides KC. They play the Giants, at Buffalo and Miami (should win but they have good defense), and Indy and New England at home. So unless their only other loss is against us the rest of the way we take then on the head-to-head.

So our competitor for the final spot if it's a Cincy - San Diego - Kansas City knot for the two wild cards you'd have Cincy getting one (provided they only lose the one game I have them losing which I don't think will be the case - but let's say they do) because both the Chargers and Chiefs will have lost to them. That leaves San Diego and KC fighting for the last one. In that case it would go to best W/L in common games, minimum four which would yield records of 9-3 for the Bolts and 9-3 for the Chiefs.

Then it goes to strength of victory -- and I don't see the 100+ point differential that the Bolts have amassed to date getting dented. So they'd get the final spot.

Well that sucked. :(

The game this week between the Chargers and Bengals (that Cincy MUST win) and that last game against Jacksonville at home (which has the makings of a playoff game -- as do every other game we play from here on out) are going to be crucial it seems.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Denver won't win on the road in San Diego. They will also get beat by Seattle or Cincinatti. As will the Chargers.

CHIEFS WIN THE DIVISION!

BTW, I have us finishing 12-4. Call me a homer if you will.

teedubya
11-10-2006, 06:42 PM
I thought this thread said "Mitch Holthus just Died."

:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
You know what's sad? It's sad that we might end 10-6 again and missing the playoffs...again.

Hootie
11-10-2006, 07:16 PM
WE'LL WIN OUR DIVISION.

I ALREADY GUARANTEED IT.

STOP QUESTIONING ME.

stevieray
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I've been going to MH's radio show for a couple of years now, and I willl say that I've never seen him as enthused about the team as he is now.

remember he said if we win.

Bugeater
11-10-2006, 08:10 PM
You know what's sad? It's sad that we might end 10-6 again and missing the playoffs...again.
I could easily see that happening. :banghead:

dtebbe
11-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Denver won't win on the road in San Diego. They will also get beat by Seattle or Cincinatti. As will the Chargers.

CHIEFS WIN THE DIVISION!

BTW, I have us finishing 12-4. Call me a homer if you will.

HOMER

Toad
11-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Possibly:

SD - lost to Bal, beat Pitt, beat Stl, Cincy week 10, Seattle week 16
Den - beat Bal, beat Pitt, lost to Stl, Cincy week 16, Seattle week 13
KC - week 14, lost to Pitt, beat Stl, lost to Cincy, beat Seattle

Common not listed, Clev and Ariz - both of which should be beat by all three

SD - Wins out with KC split and Denv split 12-4 and 3-2 common opp
Den - Wins out with KC split and SD split 12-4 and 4-1 common opp
KC - Wins out with DEN split and SD split 12-4 and 3-2 common opp

KC needs SD to lose to Cincy and Seattle and split with KC and Den;
needs Den to lose to Cincy and Seattle and split with KC and SD

A good thing to keep in mind is that Alexander and Hasselback should be back for Seattle before either SD or Den and that bodes well for KC. Cincy is already playing for their playoff lives so SD and Den are also playing this team with its back against the wall.

If KC wins out SD will be one game back if they split with Den. If Den sweeps SD then SD is two games back and Den is one game up on the Chiefs. At any rate Den would have a better common opponent record and would take the tie-breaker with KC if it came to that.

KC might be okay if they win all but the SD game.

Pretty good summary, although a lot can happen to change that up quickly. Good research though.