PDA

View Full Version : Q&A 11-10, Herm Edwards-- Still nothing on Trent

Chiefs Pantalones
11-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Q: Trent Green went to the doctor’s yesterday. What are the results and is he cleared to practice?

HERM EDWARDS: “No, Tuesday. We will know if he’s cleared to do contact stuff. Today all he did was practice seven-on-seven again.”

Q: So, his status in the game will be exactly as it was last week? You’ll put Dee Brown in there running the option before you put Trent Green on the field, right?

EDWARDS: “Absolutely. Yes sir, that’s right.”

Q: Greg Wesley going to go?

EDWARDS: “He practiced. But he’s still questionable.

Q: Is this the first game where on both sides there are question marks with injuries, besides Trent’s injury?

EDWARDS: “Let me think. Yeah, for the most part. We’ve had a few guys nicked up on both sides. We’ve lost Brian (Waters) and our linebacker (Derrick Johnson) won’t play. Two starters won’t play for sure. But other than that, we’re a little wounded but we’ll be OK.”

Q: Overall, as you look at this week of practice do you have a feel for your team and when you give them your sermons…

EDWARDS: “You guys say that, not me.”

Q: But anyway, do you like what you see even though you have guys coming in and out of the lineup?

EDWARDS: “I think these players understand when we started this thing off and we had our off-season meeting we talked about some of the goals we were trying to achieve and the fact that along the way there are going to be some storms and what you have to realize is you’ve got to walk through the storms. If you walk through it and keep your composure eventually you’ll walk into a rainbow. Storms happen in the National Football League; you deal with them every week. These guys have done a pretty good job of doing that when things have maybe not gone the way you anticipate and guys have got nicked, they’ve kept going and kept trusting and believing.

“With that being said we’re starting the second half of the season and have a few storms we’re dealing with right now. The young guys now have to start playing and for some of these guys their college season is about over with. They’re used to being in the cafeteria and at the student union and going to basketball games. Well, you’ve got to get your rest if you’re a young players ‘cause there’s a lot of games left and a lot of football left. We’ll find out where we’re at and have a chance to win some games.”

Q: With that in mind, are you doing anything to give these guys a little mental vacation for a day or two?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, we have. We’ve cut back some reps in practice and the way we go about practice. I did the same thing when I was in New York this time of year, not resting players, but mentally you’ve got to rest them and physically you’ve got to do some different things, too, so they can continue to be fresh this month and especially next month.”

Q: Is your message different the second half of the season than it was the first half?

EDWARDS: “No, it’s different. There should be more anxiety in your belly now. The shape of the league all of a sudden after eight weeks has changed. You’re running out of games now. That’s why at the beginning of the season and you don’t start out real good you’re OK because there’s a lot of football left. But now there’s only eight weeks. Every game is very important and every time you win one you kind of separate yourself. If you lose them, it’s hard to catch up.

“I’m probably a little bit different now than I was earlier. You can ask the players.”

Q: You used to have a pretty good Jets following in Miami didn’t you? Lots of people go down there? A good team can have a pretty good draw there, right?

EDWARDS: “It can. It’s kind of a funny crowd. They remind a little bit of when you go to LA. They always have late-arriving crowds. That’s what you kind of do in LA. If you’re not late you’re really not important. There are so many things to do in Miami; the sun is always shining. You can get some tickets if you’re the opposing team.”

Q: Players say they don’t hear the fans except like in St. Louis last week when your people were almost as vocal as the home crowd.

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah, I’m hoping we still get that counted as a road game. There were a lot of Chiefs fans in St. Louis. It was shocking to me.”

Q: Earlier we talked about “must-win” games and with Denver and San Diego at 6-2, nobody can afford to lose now. Is that something you just keep your team mindful of?

EDWARDS: “Well, yeah. If you’re a player you know that. If you’re still in the hunt – which we feel we are – it’s important. Our division schedule really just starts the next couple of weeks because of the fact we’ve only played two division games. So, we still have a chance, but we’ve got to win games. That’s why I’m saying all of a sudden when you only have eight games left it’s tighter. You need to win as many as you can win down the stretch. I think if you win in November it sets up a very nice December.”

I hope they find out soon on Trent. At this rate, they might as well keep Huard in, LOL

milkman
11-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Q: Players say they don’t hear the fans except like in St. Louis last week when your people were almost as vocal as the home crowd.

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah, I’m hoping we still get that counted as a road game. There were a lot of Chiefs fans in St. Louis. It was shocking to me.”

LMAO

Kylo Ren
11-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

old_geezer
11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
EDWARDS: “I think these players understand when we started this thing off and we had our off-season meeting we talked about some of the goals we were trying to achieve and the fact that along the way there are going to be some storms and what you have to realize is you’ve got to walk through the storms. If you walk through it and keep your composure eventually you’ll walk into a rainbow. Storms happen in the National Football League; you deal with them every week. These guys have done a pretty good job of doing that when things have maybe not gone the way you anticipate and guys have got nicked, they’ve kept going and kept trusting and believing.

I like this so much better than Vermeil's constant whining about his "tough" schedule or all the breaks that went against him. I'm becoming an Edwards fan. He has a mental toughness that "Big Dick" lacked.

cdcox
11-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Nothing like a walking through a rainbow! Now that is some MF'n motivation!

KcMizzou
11-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Q: Is your message different the second half of the season than it was the first half?

EDWARDS: “No, it’s different. Uh huh. I see.
:hmmm:

HemiEd
11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Uh huh. I see.
:hmmm:

I had to read that twice myself. LMAO