PDA

View Full Version : **Official Fantasy Football Help/Opinions Thread**

hypersensitiveZO6
11-11-2006, 03:30 PM
If you have a question/need a second opinion on who to start for you FFL teams, post it in this thread.

Who should I start? I need to choose 2 of these Wideouts.

1. Chris Henry--at home against San Diego, occasionally has big weeks
2. Ernest Wilford--home against Houston, gelled well with Garrard
3. Devery Henderson-@ Pittsburg, huge game last week, could continue
4. Isaac Bruce--at Seatle, Sea def- gives up big plays

ferrarispider95
11-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Who should I start this week at qb?
Damon Huard
or
Trent Green

mylittlepony
11-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I would say Henderson and Bruce but I'm need to know if I should play Henderson myself.

I need to play 2:

Mike Furrey agaist SF
Devery Henderson against @PIT
Jerricho Cotchery against @NE
Terry Glenn against @ARI
Santana Moss against @PHI
Reggie Williams against HOU

I also have an option to pick up Muhsin Muhammad and cut one of my WR who should I cut?

Easy 6
11-11-2006, 04:30 PM
If you have a question/need a second opinion on who to start for you FFL teams, post it in this thread.

No question Bruce should be one, then Henry at home. Would say Henderson but they are at pitt.

Smed1065
11-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Bruce and trade!

Skyy God
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
I would say Henderson and Bruce but I'm need to know if I should play Henderson myself.

I need to play 2:

Mike Furrey agaist SF
Terry Glenn against @ARI

I also have an option to pick up Muhsin Muhammad and cut one of my WR who should I cut?

Cotchery. He's been a total bum for the last 4 weeks. I'd avoid cutting Henderson, b/c he's performed well when he's played and Horn's groin injury could linger. For this week, start Santana (if healthy) and Furrey against an aweful SF pass D.

Hyperlite, Bruce and Henderson.

mylittlepony
11-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Ive kept Cotchery because of Jets easy schedule. But I just realized Muhammed will have Greenbay and Detroit in potential semis and finals so I would do good in getting him as I am leading my division right now.

And thanks alot for your help

Skyy God
11-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Trade advice needed. Should I pull the trigger on a Colston & Barber III trade for Portis? I'm a little concerned that Colston will tail off in the 2nd half, especially if Horn isn't healthy. The Portis owner just lost Toomer this week and it looks like Glenn will be hobbled the rest of the year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Santana is now probable. He will play. Horn is doubtful. So the one guy should definitely play moss.

The first guy should play Henderson and Bruce. They will both get plenty of looks against shitiful secondaries.

stumppy
11-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Trade advice needed. Should I pull the trigger on a Colston & Barber III trade for Portis? I'm a little concerned that Colston will tail off in the 2nd half, especially if Horn isn't healthy. The Portis owner just lost Toomer this week and it looks like Glenn will be hobbled the rest of the year.

The only reason I would get rid of Colston, probably the Rookie of the year, is if you were stacked already at the WR position AND needed a RB bad.

Smed1065
11-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Exactly!

Dark Horse
11-11-2006, 07:28 PM

Are you out of your rabid assed mind? Start Bruce.

Smed1065
11-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Why, Portis is 10th in the league. I will trade for Colston, he leads so far?

Slap!

Please join

My league.

Colston is the winner this year?

Hello

hypersensitiveZO6
11-11-2006, 07:38 PM

I need to play 2:

Mike Furrey agaist SF
Terry Glenn against @ARI

I'd start Moss just about every week.

EDIT: My second choice was Henderson.

Cut Furrey.

Miles
11-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I'd start Moss just about every week. I'll have to say Glenn.

Cut Furrey.

Glenn will be inactive this week. Didn't even travel with the team.

Miles
11-11-2006, 07:43 PM

Depends on your dept at WR and RB. If you have a decent WR to plug in for the loss of Colston I would probably do it.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Glenn will be inactive this week. Didn't even travel with the team.

Thanks for telling me.

I had no idea.

Skyy God
11-11-2006, 07:46 PM
The only reason I would get rid of Colston, probably the Rookie of the year, is if you were stacked already at the WR position AND needed a RB bad.

It's a 2 RB/3 WR/2 Flex league. My other wides are Plax, Coles, Ocho Cinco and Chambers and my RBs are Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, and the A-Train. The rub is that I also have Gates, and it doesn't seem to make much sense to have Colston but not play him in the TE slot. Alternatively, I could try to package Gates & M. Barber, possibly for Rudi Johnson.

Simply Red
11-11-2006, 11:06 PM

pick up Tim Carter from NY Giants in Free-Agency. He'll get you 18 pts.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-11-2006, 11:09 PM
pick up Tim Carter from NY Giants in Free-Agency. He'll get you 18 pts.

Are you serious?

Skyy God
11-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Chambers or Plax? Also, Coles or Branch. I'm leaning towards the former in both.

noa
11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Chambers or Plax? Also, Coles or Branch. I'm leaning towards the former in both.

Plax and Branch. Plax has been awesome all year (except when injured) and Branch and Seneca Wallace seem to have good chemistry.

Brock
11-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Is this finally the week to dust off Stallworth? I also have Fitzgerald.

noa
11-12-2006, 10:29 AM
It's a 2 RB/3 WR/2 Flex league. My other wides are Plax, Coles, Ocho Cinco and Chambers and my RBs are Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, and the A-Train. The rub is that I also have Gates, and it doesn't seem to make much sense to have Colston but not play him in the TE slot. Alternatively, I could try to package Gates & M. Barber, possibly for Rudi Johnson.

I say make the trade. You will have an excellent group of RBs and still a decent group of WRs. I would also recommend starting A Train this week.

Simply Red
11-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Are you serious?

Remember last week I said Garrard would get one 20 pts. He put up I believe 24 for me. No guarantees for Carter but he'll see most receptions today.

DJay23
11-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd start Moss just about every week.

No!

I have Moss in one of my leagues. He has scored 42 points so far this year. He got 24 of those in ONE big game. The rest of the weeks he's been disappointing. The most besides the 24 pointer was 6 points.

I had him on the bench the week of his big game and played him the next 3 weeks OVER Plax. That sucked. Moss is always a candidate to go insane, but it's been the exception rather than the rule this year. Inconsistent as all hell.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-12-2006, 10:51 AM
No!

I have Moss in one of my leagues. He has scored 42 points so far this year. He got 24 of those in ONE big game. The rest of the weeks he's been disappointing. The most besides the 24 pointer was 6 points.

I had him on the bench the week of his big game and played him the next 3 weeks OVER Plax. That sucked. Moss is always a candidate to go insane, but it's been the exception rather than the rule this year. Inconsistent as all hell.

That sucks. I guess don't start him.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Is this finally the week to dust off Stallworth? I also have Fitzgerald.

Hold on to them. Could bounce back. Look for trades if you can IMO.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Remember last week I said Garrard would get one 20 pts. He put up I believe 24 for me. No guarantees for Carter but he'll see most receptions today.

Thanks for the info, but Henderson put up 27 last week. Difficult to say.
I see Toomer/Plax are injured, but against Chicago?

mylittlepony
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi hate to ask this esp in light of whats happened and all. But I had Tony G as my only TE he looks to be out atleast two weeks. And I'm not familiar what teams have a strong TE position in their playcalling?

Do I pick up Wilson or what?

Archie Bunker
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi hate to ask this esp in light of whats happened and all. But I had Tony G as my only TE he looks to be out atleast two weeks. And I'm not familiar what teams have a strong TE position in their playcalling?

In my league I got lucky and Owen Daniels was still available so I grabbed him. I would look at Scaife(Titans), Martin(Packers), Wilson(KC), Smith(TB), Wiggins(MN).

Also Vernon Davis might be ready this week.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Like Bunker said, look for Daniels. I picked him up yesterday. There's a good chance he's still on the board.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-25-2006, 04:51 PM
QBs?

Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme (sp?), or Tom Brady

RBs?

Travis Henry, McGahee, or Kevin Barlow

chagrin
11-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I believe McGahee is out for a while, but maybe I heard wrong

hypersensitiveZO6
11-25-2006, 05:42 PM
He's actually supposed to play some this week.

He's probably out of the question anyway.

noa
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
QBs?

Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme (sp?), or Tom Brady

RBs?

Travis Henry, McGahee, or Kevin Barlow

Delhomme (Washington's D has been bad this year) and Henry.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Delhomme (Washington's D has been bad this year) and Henry.

That's what I thought.

noa
11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
That's what I thought.

Sorry about the bad advice. Looks like McGahee would have been the way to go. None of the QBs you listed had a good game.

mylittlepony
11-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Im playing for my conf this week. I need to start two WRs:

Furrey, Mike
Moss, Santana
Muhammad, Muhsin
Glenn, Terry
Henderson, Devery

Also need to start either a RB:

Barber, Marion
Jones, Kevin

icepick64
11-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Im playing for my conf this week. I need to start two WRs:

Furrey, Mike
Moss, Santana
Muhammad, Muhsin
Glenn, Terry
Henderson, Devery

Also need to start either a RB:

Barber, Marion
Jones, Kevin

Not sure who the lions are playing, but as far as WR goes, I would go with Terry glenn and henderson. If you have a solid running back start barber, otherwise go jones.

My question:
Who to start at QB:
Bulger Vs. Arizona (bulger has had 3 down weeks, lost all 3 games)
Vince Young vs Indy
Jeff Garcias Vs Carolina

Standard scoring I believe...

noa
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Not sure who the lions are playing, but as far as WR goes, I would go with Terry glenn and henderson. If you have a solid running back start barber, otherwise go jones.

My question:
Who to start at QB:
Bulger Vs. Arizona (bulger has had 3 down weeks, lost all 3 games)
Vince Young vs Indy
Jeff Garcias Vs Carolina

Standard scoring I believe...

I know Bulger has been struggling, but I still think he gets the nod.

noa
11-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I have a QB decision to make as well:

Delhomme vs. Eagles
Hasselbeck vs. Broncos
Air McNair vs. Cincy
Cutler vs. Seahags (more than likely Cutler won't put up good fantasy stats in his first game, but who knows)

whoppy
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
airnair is your safest bet

mylittlepony
11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh I forgot I have Santana Moss aswell.

Still start Glenn and Henderson?