PDA

View Full Version : Darkwolfe and JazzzLovr's Engagement Party!

JazzzLovr
11-11-2006, 11:28 PM
When: Sunday, December 17, noonish?
Where: Nzoner's gameroom (if you haven't been there before, please PM Nzoner for directions)

Help us celebrate our engagement by joining us at Nzoner's for a football party!

Wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and assorted smoked meats will be provided--the rest is up to you! I'll keep an updated sign-up list for food here in the thread starter.

BYOB and be sure to bring your own coolers.

Although the party is actually Sunday afternoon, Nzoner has offered to let people come in on Saturday and stay the night. There will be a Saturday night football game on in the gameroom. Again, PM Nzoner to make arrangements for that.

There will, of course, be pool, ping pong, darts, etc. There will be 7 televised games at noon, and all AFC West teams play at 3:00 that day (except Chiefs at Chargers). The AFC West games will be shown side by side. The Chiefs at Chargers game has been moved to Sunday night at 7:15.

A Chiefs Surprise Pack will be awarded for the best dressed Chiefs fan.

As with most of Nzoner's parties, please remember that there are no children allowed and please respect Mr. and Mrs. Nzoner's property as they are being kind enough to accommodate us in their home!

Please RSVP in this thread and also let me know what you're bringing so that I can keep the list updated.

Thanks!

FOOD LIST

Darkwolfe & JazzzLovr: Buffalo Wild Wings and salad
Phobia: an assortment of smoked meats
Mr. and Mrs. Nzoner: BBQ beans, broasted potatoes, hot fudge cake

Q&A

Where are you registered?
We're registered at JCPenney and Wal-mart. We also have a honeymoon registry. For more detailed information, PM me.

What's a honeymoon registry?
Darkwolfe and I have both been living on our own long enough that we don't really need a lot of household items. A honeymoon registry is an alternative. It allows people to contribute toward our honeymoon expenses, such as tours or airfare.

I've set it up on Paypal with no amount specified, so people who want to contribute can spend as much or as little as they want. The registry also lists our entire itinerary, so people can choose to contribute toward a specific part of our honeymoon, or they can just contribute toward a general honeymoon fund. Again, for more details, PM me.

luv
11-11-2006, 11:31 PM
IF I am able to come (we know my reputation for showing up at things), I was just wondering if you will be registered anywhere before then. Just in case there's some wedding shower I miss.

Cntrygal
11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
I'd love to surprise ya and make it.... but where does Nzoner live?

Mr. Kotter
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
How COOL. :clap:

I doubt I'll be able to make it, but it should be a BLAST for all you that may be able to make it.....:)I'd love to surprise ya and make it.... but where does Nzoner live?St. Joseph, MO

4 hours (maybe 3 for you, heh) south of my house on I-29.

JazzzLovr
11-11-2006, 11:40 PM
IF I am able to come (we know my reputation for showing up at things), I was just wondering if you will be registered anywhere before then. Just in case there's some wedding shower I miss.

I'm not really the wedding shower type. This is probably as close as there will be to a wedding shower, unless one of my friends is planning to surprise me.

We're registered at JCPenney and Wal-mart. I'll add that to the thread starter. I'm not going to put my full name out there for just anyone to see tho. I'll PM you.

And anyone else that wants to know (provided I trust you ;) ), just PM me.

Hope you can make it!

Phobia
11-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I think I may bring an assortment of smoked meats.

JazzzLovr
11-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Fabulous idea! Thanks! :D

Darkwolfe
11-11-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm going to aim for showing up, having a good time, and staying reasonably sober. Reasonably..... ;)

luv
Someone needs to sticky this thread.

Cntrygal
4 hours (maybe 3 for you, heh) south of my house on I-29.

STFU

11-11-2006, 11:56 PM
STFU
ROFL

JazzzLovr
11-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Someone needs to sticky this thread.

As luck would have it, I can do that. :D

11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
As luck would have it, I can do that. :D
Hi Mrs moderator :Pinky:

Logical
11-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Honeymoon registry? Condoms and Beer?

JazzzLovr
11-12-2006, 08:43 AM

Beer? Nah. I don't drink, and I certainly don't need to get Darkwolfe drunk in order to take advantage of him. :evil:

For anyone who's wondering, though...

He and I have both been living on our own long enough that we don't really need a lot of household items. A honeymoon registry is an alternative. It allows people to contribute toward our honeymoon expenses, such as tours or airfare.

I've set it up on Paypal with no amount specified, so people who want to contribute can spend as much or as little as they want. The registry also lists our entire itinerary, so people can choose to contribute toward a specific part of our honeymoon, or they can just contribute toward a general honeymoon fund.

Over-Head
11-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Congrats!
If I were still a long haul trucker I'd say the chances of me showing were good!
Lucky for you two I retired from the highway 4 years ago :D

burt
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Congrats!
If I were still a long haul trucker I'd say the chances of me showing were good!
Lucky for you two I retired from the highway 4 years ago :D

Lucky for the highway.

Jilly
11-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Congratulations...

If you need any tips on surviving the bachelorette party, I've got plenty.

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Congratulations you two.

KChiefsQT
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Soooooooo how'd he pop the question?

Phobia
11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
He hasn't in a verbal manner yet. They have a body language engagement.

sedated
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM

I've always wanted to taste Phobia's meat

JazzzLovr
11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Soooooooo how'd he pop the question?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150661

:D

Nzoner
11-13-2006, 05:15 PM
The mrs is going to make a hot fudge cake or two depending on how many we end up with as it doesn't last long.

luv
11-14-2006, 01:37 AM
The mrs is going to make a hot fudge cake or two depending on how many we end up with as it doesn't last long.
Hey, I'll be in my new place and unpacked by then. I could bake something to bring up. I make an awesome pineapple-coconut cake. Or oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips. Or an apple spice cake. Or my Reese's cake.

It's been way too long since I've baked.

KChiefsQT
11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150661

Sounds romantic. CONGRATS!

Nzoner
11-14-2006, 09:53 AM

I just bought a whole case of Beaty's BBQ Sauce,1/2 original and 1/2 spicy.

chagrin
11-15-2006, 07:05 AM
I wish I could come up for this! Saving for my trip to Amsterdam, etc. It was great meeting you two and I am happy for ya!

OldTownChief
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Our office Christmas party is the night before so I hope you'll except my congratulations and understand if I don't show up.

Note to Joe: Don't close the screen door.

Phobia
11-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, it looks like it's just me, Jazzwolfe, Darklover, and the Nzoners. That's gonna be one wild party.

Nzoner
11-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Note to Joe: Don't close the screen door.

The screen door has been rescreened with what they call a pet screen,it's thick,dark and supposedly tough,however like I told my client who did the work,yeah but I'm not looking to stop a 35lb dog from getting outside I'm talking about 200 lb drunks.

Nzoner
11-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Well, it looks like it's just me, Jazzwolfe, Darklover, and the Nzoners. That's gonna be one wild party.

There may be one more,the jolly old fat man from up North said they were ahead of schedule this year and if they finish on time he could use a little R & R before his around the world trip.

JazzzLovr
11-16-2006, 10:19 AM
There may be one more,the jolly old fat man from up North said they were ahead of schedule this year and if they finish on time he could use a little R & R before his around the world trip.

Cool, I hadn't heard that go bo was going to be able to make it!

;)

Darkwolfe
11-16-2006, 10:21 AM
yeah but I'm not looking to stop a 35lb dog from getting outside I'm talking about 200 lb drunks.

Ouch. :redface:

:)

Bugeater
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I'll more than likely come down for this, I'm up for one more football fiesta at Nzoner's. I'll let you know about food once I can confirm it.

Katie
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Wow! I'm waaaaay behind on the latest social activities...I'm really happy for you Tammy! This sounds like a fun week-end trip, I'll have to check the hubby's schedule...

I'm sure no matter how many show up, Phil will keep leading the charge!

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Will there be any hot, single, young ladies attending this fine party??

JazzzLovr
11-18-2006, 09:21 PM

So far, just me, but I'll be married soon. :D

Darkwolfe
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM

:Poke: %(/ :bang: :Bartee:

Any questions?

Otter
11-19-2006, 01:30 AM

I thought no longer needing to to wear a condom was one of the perks of marrige!?!?

Conrats and Good Luck Guys :toast:

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 04:19 AM
:Poke: %(/ :bang: :Bartee:

Any questions?

jealous much?

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 10:05 AM
married
soon

So... which is the operative word here?

cmh6476
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
maybe I can stop by for a bit, since nzoner thinks I keep ditching him :shrug:

Nzoner
11-20-2006, 09:16 AM
maybe I can stop by for a bit, since nzoner thinks I keep ditching him :shrug:

I don't recall ever using the word ditching,I mean it's not like you owe me money or anything,do you?

Seriously,since you're the one who introduced me to the Planet and we occasionaly run into one another at FFT and seeing that I've hosted 3 fundraisers and one football party(with major Planet involvement) and we live not 10 minutes from each other,I just thought we would've said hey over a beer by now.

cmh6476
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't recall ever using the word ditching,I mean it's not like you owe me money or anything,do you?

Seriously,since you're the one who introduced me to the Planet and we occasionaly run into one another at FFT and seeing that I've hosted 3 fundraisers and one football party(with major Planet involvement) and we live not 10 minutes from each other,I just thought we would've said hey over a beer by now.

yeah I hear ya. If I head to the Den game I'll definitely try and get in touch with ya. Wouldn't happen to have an extra ticket would ya? :)

also, the no-kiddies rule in the gameroom kinda puts a damper on my plans as well with a 17 month old and another one due in january!

But it's pretty sad that I've met 4 or 5 geeks from FFT but have yet to meet the only poster I know of over there from my hometown :(

Phobia
11-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I think he's scared after coming to one of my events at Buffalo Wild Wings.

cmh6476
11-20-2006, 01:18 PM
I think he's scared after coming to one of my events at Buffalo Wild Wings.
me? :shrug:

meh

Nzoner
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah I hear ya. If I head to the Den game I'll definitely try and get in touch with ya. Wouldn't happen to have an extra ticket would ya? :)

also, the no-kiddies rule in the gameroom kinda puts a damper on my plans as well with a 17 month old and another one due in january!

Sorry,no extra ticket and as for the kiddies,you simply tell the mrs you'd like to get away for one Sunday afternoon.

None of the other guys bring their wives either.

cmh6476
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry,no extra ticket and as for the kiddies,you simply tell the mrs you'd like to get away for one Sunday afternoon.

None of the other guys bring their wives either.

that's not an excuse, that's a Sunday occurrance :D

Darkwolfe
11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
jealous much?

Call me over-protective.
:p

Nzoner
11-22-2006, 10:32 PM
You know I didn't think of something when we chose this date,what if the Chargers-Chiefs game is picked for the flex game and is moved to Sunday night?

JBucc
11-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Good luck.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
You know I didn't think of something when we chose this date,what if the Chargers-Chiefs game is picked for the flex game and is moved to Sunday night?

Then ya'all will be pretty drunk by game time. ;)

Darkwolfe
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM

Shouldn't be a big deal for us. I have Mondays off again and Jazzz usually works from home that day of the week. As long as it doesn't give anyone else too much trouble it should be fine either way.

sedated
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM

ok, nostradamus

Nzoner
12-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Shouldn't be a big deal for us. I have Mondays off again and Jazzz usually works from home that day of the week. As long as it doesn't give anyone else too much trouble it should be fine either way.

One other thought is moving it to the 23rd with a Sat night against the Raiders.You'd have to check Phil's schedule but after seeing Jamie's post about being in town for the holidays.

Just a thought,whichever works for us.

Phobia
12-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm certain they're indisposed on the 23rd. I mean, I'm not their spokesman or anything but jazzz has informed me that their schedule is tight until after the new year.

JazzzLovr
12-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, David has to work Saturdays now, so we don't really have a rescheduling option at this point. The only day that we're both off work is Sunday, and all of those are booked until mid-January.

Phobia
12-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna need $150 for my role in announcing your unavailability, please.

Spokesmen aren't cheap anymore.

JazzzLovr
12-02-2006, 10:20 AM

You're not cheap anymore? Wow.

Are you still easy?

luv
12-04-2006, 12:51 AM

I don't know why, but I thought you should know that I actually took it upon myself to go down and introduce myself to Jazzz at the Thanksgiving game. They were almost done setting up for the halftime show, so we just basically said hi. I'd consider that making progress in meeting people, wouldn't you? I know it wasn't a gathering, but still...

JazzzLovr
12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't know why, but I thought you should know that I actually took it upon myself to go down and introduce myself to Jazzz at the Thanksgiving game. They were almost done setting up for the halftime show, so we just basically said hi. I'd consider that making progress in meeting people, wouldn't you? I know it wasn't a gathering, but still...

And I've been meaning to PM you ever since, but being in the last weeks of my graduate course and the last month of my wedding planning, I have been pretty much meeting myself coming and going! I'm just hoping I can finish writing a paper today and get another one finished by Friday, then I can quit worrying about my class, at least!

BTW, that was an incredible game, wasn't it? I haven't heard the crowd being that loud in a long time.

So since I probably won't be doing a lot of PM-ing until late January, I'll just make this my official "Nice to have met you" post! :) Thanks for coming down to say hi. Sorry we didn't get to talk more, but as you said, the show was about to start. Of course, there are people here who would be surprised that you got one word out of me... :rolleyes:

Anyway, one last note that I thought you might get a kick out of.... When you came down to say hi, you were standing right about where David proposed to me. :)

Again, nice to finally meet you!

Tammie

PinkFloyd
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Why can't you people have a get together at a time I know I can make it..

Like maybe 3-4AM !!!!!!!! ROFL

Oh heck --- my bad.... Some of you people are still up at that time of the morning drinking ----- or passing out !!!

ROFL

Bob Dole
12-07-2006, 06:08 PM
It doesn't look like Bob Dole will be able to make it up for that weekend.

Someone please be sure to yell inappropriate things at loud volume during the prize drawing.

JazzzLovr
12-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Someone please be sure to yell inappropriate things at loud volume during the prize drawing.

Phil's going to be there. It's covered.

;) Sorry to hear you can't make it tho.

KS Smitty
12-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Congrats Tammie and David!

We wish you the best. Our 24th (ann) is Saturday so I don't think we'll make the party but in 2031 I expect a post inviting us to your 25th!!!!

May you be as happy as we have and remember: NEVER go to bed angry (you miss out on the good make-up sex if you do :drool: )

Kipp and Pam

Coach
12-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Congrats Darkwolfe and Jazzy. I wish I could be able to make it up, but unfortunately, I do have family plans during that weekend.

Nzoner
12-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Okay it's crunch time and Sunday night or not it's the holiday season so surely some of you can get off Monday and attend this gig to help this couple celebrate one of their few remaining nights of freedom.

Don't forget if anyone is seriously considering this,we have plenty of extra room so no hotel costs,plus we have NFL football Sat night all day sunday and sunday night.

Merry Christmas!!

JazzzLovr
12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
The thread starter has been updated since the game was moved to Sunday night. I'm going to un-sticky this thread, because I suspect most people are just skipping right past it at this point anyway.

For those of you who are attending, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us. For those who have let me know that they would like to be there but live too far away or have other things going on, thank you for your thoughts and your kind words. There were several of you that I had hoped would be able to be there, but I know this is a difficult time of the year to get people together with all the holiday stuff going on.

To everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tammie

Nzoner
12-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I for one have to say that being able to try Phil's ribs is worth the entire trip,that boy needs to open a bbq place,he'd give some old school KC joints a real run for their money.

JazzzLovr
12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
One last bump before tomorrow...

Phobia
12-17-2006, 12:03 AM
I for one have to say that being able to try Phil's ribs is worth the entire trip,that boy needs to open a bbq place,he'd give some old school KC joints a real run for their money.

You're gonna be disappointed tomorrow. We're having some pulled pork and pork loin. They were out of ribs at the store.

They didn't have any spares.

Smed1065
12-17-2006, 12:37 AM

I agree. I was there for the Turkey night game and tasted the best rinbs in my life by Phil. I should have took all the remainders with me but did not.

He says he has the best ribs and proved it to me (from Atlanta but knows KC ribs! grew up on them) and my family that still resides in KC.

I will be back next year for as game!

Nzoner
12-17-2006, 01:58 AM
You're gonna be disappointed tomorrow. We're having some pulled pork and pork loin. They were out of ribs at the store.

They didn't have any spares.

With 3 fantasy teams all playing for decent cash prizes tomorrow I'm hoping that's the only disappointment I'll have to endure.