PDA

View Full Version : Observations and Experiences at the Sports Bar

Rain Man
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Random observations and musings.

1. A woman at the table next to me was a very loud Chiefs fan who cheered and groaned as if her life depended on it. Yet she did not know the name of our quarterback, and when Tony G. couldn't haul in a touchdown pass at one point, she said, "That guy is a butterfingers."

2. I've mentioned before the nazi assistant manager at the ESPNzone. He's the guy who gets off on making people move or leave because of "policy". There was a prolonged altercation between him and some customer today because there were a bunch of empty tables, but he wouldn't seat the guy because "policy requires you to have a group of three or more to sit at a table." What a rod. At one point, the customer went over and gestured at a group of empty tables and there was some jawing. I heard the nazi assistant manager say, "Calling me a son of a bitch isn't going to get you a table." I hate that guy.

3. This team is going nowhere with this type of road strategy. We're playing a two-down game plan on road games where, if we don't get a first down in the first two plays, we surrender the possession and use a run or short pass to try to pick up a few yards on third down prior to the punt. That type of game plan only works against very weak teams or teams that have an identical game plan. It's very, very sad because it dooms us to a losing record on the road every year, and it reminds of the pathetic days of Paul Hackett. I don't think they're just doing it to keep a leash on Huard, either.

4. My waitress was a friendly young blonde of reasonable cuteness. At one point, I hear some guy standing behind me ask her if she was 21 or 22. He said something about serving alcohol, so I thought maybe it was an alcohol inspector. The conversation continued, and he asked her if she was a model or interested in modeling. Come on. I looked around, and it was some froglike dude who was trying to hit on my waitress. He was waaaaaay out of his league, but he was relentless. He kept asking her for her phone number and she kept saying no, but she was too polite to tell him to copulate himself, and he kept asking and kept asking and kept asking. As a man, I was embarrassed, because this guy had no class at all. Finally, I reached back and grabbed the girl's shoulder and told her to bring me Dr. Pepper, and gave her a reason to escape. The frog guy left, and when she brought me my Dr. Pepper, she thanked me profusely for getting her away. If I was single, I would've possibly expected a thank-you breast flash or something, but since I was married, I was hoping for a free dessert. Alas, all I got was thanks, so I guess chivalry was my reward.

5. Jared Allen is a legitimate star. On a day when the coaching staff played to lose, Allen gave 100 percent effort the whole time. He almost won the game by himself. **** you, Mike Solari. I hate it when the coaches expect to lose.

6. There was some obnoxious Eagles fan who cheered and whistled as loud as he could any time something good happened for the Eagles. Cheering is fine and I've got no problem with it, but come on, don't make a fool out of yourself. Keep it under 120 decibels.

7. When I left, some dude was on the street yelling his head off. Apparently, he was getting a ticket for riding a bike on the pedestrian mall. The downtown monitor people were getting an earful from him, and the police were on their way, and this guy was apoplectic. The funny thing is that, as he was yelling, another guy on the bike came down the pedestrian mall. I was hoping he'd see him since he was already out of control, but unfortunately he was too busy yelling at the monitors and didn't see the bike go right by him.

8. If I'm playing against the Chiefs at home for the rest of the year, I put 9 guys in the box at all times. Guaranteed win. **** you, Mike Solari.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Expletives from Rain Man. You know he's really pissed off.

Thig Lyfe
11-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Good observations. I second the **** you to Mike Solari. And we need to vote Jared Allen to the Pro Bowl, he definitely deserves it.

siberian khatru
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
You're the James Lileks of Chiefs Planet.

noa
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Which ESPNzone did you go to? I don't know if they have this policy everywhere, but the one in DC makes you pay $10 per person per hour, so I haven't been back.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
i wonder why we haven't signed Allen to a contract extension.

blueballs
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM
she was being nice and saving
you from feeling like you need to
leave a big tip

Rain Man
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM

The word was actually d*a*n*g, but I'm still really ticked off.

grandllama
11-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Good observations. I second the **** you to Mike Solari. And we need to vote Jared Allen to the Pro Bowl, he definitely deserves it.

ditto and ditto

dtebbe
11-12-2006, 04:41 PM

That's because he's the one that got the ticket for riding the bike in the mall... ROFL

DT

the Talking Can
11-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Random observations and musings.

1. A woman at the table next to me was a very loud Chiefs fan who cheered and groaned as if her life depended on it. Yet she did not know the name of our quarterback, and when Tony G. couldn't haul in a touchdown pass at one point, she said, "That guy is a butterfingers."

2. I've mentioned before the nazi assistant manager at the ESPNzone. He's the guy who gets off on making people move or leave because of "policy". There was a prolonged altercation between him and some customer today because there were a bunch of empty tables, but he wouldn't seat the guy because "policy requires you to have a group of three or more to sit at a table." What a rod. At one point, the customer went over and gestured at a group of empty tables and there was some jawing. I heard the nazi assistant manager say, "Calling me a son of a bitch isn't going to get you a table." I hate that guy.

3. This team is going nowhere with this type of road strategy. We're playing a two-down game plan on road games where, if we don't get a first down in the first two plays, we surrender the possession and use a run or short pass to try to pick up a few yards on third down prior to the punt. That type of game plan only works against very weak teams or teams that have an identical game plan. It's very, very sad because it dooms us to a losing record on the road every year, and it reminds of the pathetic days of Paul Hackett. I don't think they're just doing it to keep a leash on Huard, either.

4. My waitress was a friendly young blonde of reasonable cuteness. At one point, I hear some guy standing behind me ask her if she was 21 or 22. He said something about serving alcohol, so I thought maybe it was an alcohol inspector. The conversation continued, and he asked her if she was a model or interested in modeling. Come on. I looked around, and it was some froglike dude who was trying to hit on my waitress. He was waaaaaay out of his league, but he was relentless. He kept asking her for her phone number and she kept saying no, but she was too polite to tell him to copulate himself, and he kept asking and kept asking and kept asking. As a man, I was embarrassed, because this guy had no class at all. Finally, I reached back and grabbed the girl's shoulder and told her to bring me Dr. Pepper, and gave her a reason to escape. The frog guy left, and when she brought me my Dr. Pepper, she thanked me profusely for getting her away. If I was single, I would've possibly expected a thank-you breast flash or something, but since I was married, I was hoping for a free dessert. Alas, all I got was thanks, so I guess chivalry was my reward.

5. Jared Allen is a legitimate star. On a day when the coaching staff played to lose, Allen gave 100 percent effort the whole time. He almost won the game by himself. **** you, Mike Solari. I hate it when the coaches expect to lose.

6. There was some obnoxious Eagles fan who cheered and whistled as loud as he could any time something good happened for the Eagles. Cheering is fine and I've got no problem with it, but come on, don't make a fool out of yourself. Keep it under 120 decibels.

7. When I left, some dude was on the street yelling his head off. Apparently, he was getting a ticket for riding a bike on the pedestrian mall. The downtown monitor people were getting an earful from him, and the police were on their way, and this guy was apoplectic. The funny thing is that, as he was yelling, another guy on the bike came down the pedestrian mall. I was hoping he'd see him since he was already out of control, but unfortunately he was too busy yelling at the monitors and didn't see the bike go right by him.

8. If I'm playing against the Chiefs at home for the rest of the year, I put 9 guys in the box at all times. Guaranteed win. **** you, Mike Solari.

Rain Man on FIRE.

#3 is so spot on.

And Jared Allen makes a game changing play EVERY game. This guy will be one of Carl's great draft picks.