PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains tomorrow night baby!

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm heading to my first concert tomorrow night. I'm visiting a good friend in OKC and we're gonna go to the Alice in Chains concert down there. Their music rocks and I can;t wait! Anybody know who replaced Layne Staley though? I just hope he'll fit the part good enough...either way it's still gonna rock!!

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I think it is Emmitt Smith-he won the dancing thing, now wants to broaden his horizons.

chagrin
11-16-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't think I could ever see them without Staley, but then again I am an elite ass about music

Easy 6
11-16-2006, 08:45 PM
I got to see them open for KISS in St.Louis on the reunion tour, they sounded FANTASTIC even though Layne looked like a wax mannequin, like death brought to life for 45 minutes.

If Cantrell thinks he has a road worthy replacement i'm sure it will be worth the admission.

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 08:48 PM
I got to see them open for KISS in St.Louis on the reunion tour, they sounded FANTASTIC even though Layne looked like a wax mannequin, like death brought to life for 45 minutes.

If Cantrell thinks he has a road worthy replacement i'm sure it will be worth the admission.

Yep I saw that show-Alice had a nice sound-but you could tell Lane was tweaking big time.

Easy 6
11-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Yep I saw that show-Alice had a nice sound-but you could tell Lane was tweaking big time.

That concert was one of my top 5 moments in life, 2 bands i just plain loved.

KISS was everything i hoped they would be, it was a total time warp back to 78'.

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 08:56 PM
That concert was one of my top 5 moments in life, 2 bands i just plain loved.

KISS was everything i hoped they would be, it was a total time warp back to 78'.

True dat-I couldn't go see them in 78 because the stoopid Bible Thumpers were calling them Knights in Satan's Service-and it freaked my mom out. It was a real treat to see them-too bad that was not their retirement show-they have really sucked ass since then. Useing stand in for Ace and Peter and billing it the Original lineup was a new low for them.

Simplex3
11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
AIC minus Staley just ain't AIC. I love that band. My favorite of all time. I probably watch their unplugged DVD twice a month or more, even to this day.

stevieray
11-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Cantrell's voice is similar to Staleys, so coming close could be possible. Great band.

Love Jar of Flies

first concert? don't party so hard you miss it.

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2006, 09:18 PM
AIC minus Staley just ain't AIC. I love that band. My favorite of all time. I probably watch their unplugged DVD twice a month or more, even to this day.

ya, true that. Staley was AIC no doubt, but it'll still be fun and great music

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Cantrell's voice is similar to Staleys, so coming close could be possible. Great band.

Love Jar of Flies

first concert? don't party so hard you miss it.

ya, I'm 26 yrs old and never been to a real concert....should be a good experience hopefully!

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
ya, I'm 26 yrs old and never been to a real concert....should be a good experience hopefully!

Maybe you can get drunk and laid too for the trifecta.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Is it 1992 all over again??

stevieray
11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Is it 1992 all over again??

no, modern day music predicates reverting to talent..;)

thedude
11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm heading to my first concert tomorrow night. I'm visiting a good friend in OKC and we're gonna go to the Alice in Chains concert down there. Their music rocks and I can;t wait! Anybody know who replaced Layne Staley though? I just hope he'll fit the part good enough...either way it's still gonna rock!!

SICK. I was actually gonna try and fly out to KC for the Raiders game, and AIC concert this weekend. Those things are hard when you are broke though.

I get to see them on the 26th though which should kick total ****ing ass.

Let me know how the new singer performs.

Pitt Gorilla
11-16-2006, 10:35 PM

Love Jar of Flies

first concert? don't party so hard you miss it.Who would do Cantrell's harmonies? I would think they'd get a new lead and let Jerry continue the harmonies.

nychief
11-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Why don't you just go see a skynard concert or a beatles concert?

stevieray
11-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Who would do Cantrell's harmonies? I would think they'd get a new lead and let Jerry continue the harmonies.

I presume they have a new lead vocal.

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Why don't you just go see a skynard concert or a beatles concert?

I'd check out a skynard concert. What are ya tryin to say? older music sucks? you just go have fun at your nickleback or hinder concerts :p

Halfcan
11-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Skip Skynard-most boring show i ever seen. If I never hear Freebird again it will be too soon.

KCChiefsMan
11-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I must say, this was an outstanding concert! the new lead singer, I believe his name is William Duvall pretty much kicked ASS!!!! he sounded almost just like Staley, he kind of looked like Lenny Kravitz though. Also is was Gerry Cantrell's dad's birthday and the crowd sang happy b-day to him and he gave a speech which nobody could understand. It was a great show. AIC ROCKS!