PDA

View Full Version : I wish we had Marques Colston

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Why couldn't you have the foresight to draft him in the 5th round instead of Marcus Maxey?

FAX
11-17-2006, 06:17 PM
He's putting up some serious yards for the Almost Drowned Guys. But, it seems like they're throwing to him a lot, too.

A good pick.

FAX

KurtCobain
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
would be nice to replace parker with a rook.

RealSNR
11-17-2006, 06:23 PM
That Elvis Dumervil in Dungver is looking good too

Sure-Oz
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Almost everyone missed him, i heard he did shitty early on in NO camp, he's like the NFL's Albert Pujols.

Fish
11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
dude is the highlight of my FF team........

Sure-Oz
11-17-2006, 06:39 PM
dude is the highlight of my FF team........
I cut him cause i had vernon davis :banghead:

Fish
11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I cut him cause i had vernon davis :banghead:

http://static.flickr.com/48/140960729_dd7e96c2c8_m.jpg

Colston is outscoring my frickin QB (Brady) right now...........

Anyong Bluth
11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
dude is huge pick up, Brees is in love with him, so you can't fault anyone for missing this one, but the def. knew what they had in him early which is why they traded Stallworth before the season.

C-Mac
11-17-2006, 07:01 PM
I wish we had Marques Colston Dammit Carl! :cuss:

I dont have to wish.....he's on my FF team.

TEX
11-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Why couldn't you have the foresight to draft him in the 5th round instead of Marcus Maxey?

Because the draft just isn't long enough. I drafted Colston in round 20 of my fantacy draft. Everyone said,"WHO?" They know now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I'd rather have had Colston in the 6th than Tre Stallings. In fact, I'd rather have Colston than any of our non-Tamba draft picks right now :banghead:

Hootie
11-17-2006, 07:52 PM
I'd rather have had Colston in the 6th than Tre Stallings. In fact, I'd rather have Colston than any of our non-Tamba draft picks right now :banghead:
I'm sure every team is saying that...

And New Orleans was dumb for trading Stallworth for a shitty linebacker. They could've turned Stallworth into a 2nd round pick...I would've had no problems with the Chiefs giving their 2nd rounder for Stallworth...even if he is injury prone. Dude's got skills.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm sure every team is saying that...

And New Orleans was dumb for trading Stallworth for a shitty linebacker. They could've turned Stallworth into a 2nd round pick...I would've had no problems with the Chiefs giving their 2nd rounder for Stallworth...even if he is injury prone. Dude's got skills.

Javon Walker > Stallworth, and his 'value' was only round 2.

IIRC, they traded him for Simoneau and a draft choice (early 2nd day I think, but I'm not sure)

Hootie
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
eh.

I think, after a good year last year, Stallworth could've landed a 2nd round pick.

Simoneau isn't doing shit this year for the Saints...

Stallworth had almost 1,000 yards receiving last year...with Aaron Brooks throwing the ball to him.

DJJasonp
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
If Colston was on the Chiefs....he would have 200 yds receiving and no TD's....our offense (especially with Huard) isnt built to get the ball downfield, nor to get WR's TD's....

He would be bigfoot part 2....

Hootie
11-17-2006, 08:17 PM
except if he had 200 yards as a 7th rounder we'd all be ecstatic...

tk13
11-17-2006, 09:29 PM
From Bill Simmons' NFL picks column today...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061117

I have a friend that we'll call Someone Who Knows These Things. Let's just say he's connected with the league. I asked him how Marques Colston could slip to the seventh round last year and, apparently, SWKTT said that he would have gone higher but he feuded with his Hofstra coaches and they apparently bad mouthed him to all the NFL teams. This stuff happens more than you would think before the draft. Anyway, the day after he told me this, I was answering e-mails and watching "All The Right Moves" on cable, saw Craig T. Nelson bad mouthing Cruise's character to the college scouts and realized, "Wow, Colston is the Stefan Djordjevic of the NFL right now!" Those are the times when I miss having roommates. My old roommate Gallo would have totally appreciated that. Instead, I had the Sports Gal staring at me like I had three heads.

Hoover
11-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I think we should trade a first rounder for him...

The grass is always greener.

We got the steal of the century in LJ, and don't forget about players like Brian Waters and Will Shields. The NFL is full of stories like this.