PDA

View Full Version : Today is the first day of the rest of my life

thedude
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Today, I begin to set foot down the path which has witnessed the imprints of many before, but on this glorious day a new mark will exist on this path, and that is my own!

I get to spend the entire day today working on my transfer applications to college. It is the first step towards attending a 4 year university, aside from going to community college. So anyone with any cool thoughts, stories, recollections, anecdotes, tales, fables, parables, or other regurgitations of past events that would be be of interest to myself, and to that of the general welfare of Chiefs Planet that pertains to both the college experience and the application/college review process, please invest time in this thread and share what you know!

Less than 10 months before I finally move out and start on my own. WOO HOO!! And Im already in UC Davis, so at this point I'm playing with house money with everything else. Im ready to :BLVD: myself stupid and hopefully get a little :hump:.

Please share stories or advice or other funny things that will enhance the value of this thread!

PBJ

Demonpenz
11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Bachlors degree is like a high school degree these days. Make sure you get into a good grad school.

JimNasium
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Don't do it. The world still need ditch diggers and fry cooks.

Calcountry
11-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Spend lots of time on the internet, I did when I went to college.

rad
11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Wear flip-flops in the shower. I have warts all over my feet.

thedude
11-18-2006, 07:04 PM

Don't worry, I plan to apply at McDonald's as soon as I graduate. Im just going to get drunk.

Like some schools are football factories, Im going to a drunk factory school. Its a shame there is no drinking league I can get drafted into.

Bachlors degree is like a high school degree these days. Make sure you get into a good grad school.

Yeah definitely. Hopefully i can churn out a couple good years and get into Haas for grad school.

DanT
11-18-2006, 07:30 PM
When you go to UC Davis, you can watch the Chiefs games at The Graduate (http://www.davisgrad.com/), a great bar at Russell Blvd. and Anderson, across the street from campus. They have all the NFL games and there's usually a couple of us Chiefs fans there.

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Good luck stud.

thedude
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
When you go to UC Davis, you can watch the Chiefs games at The Graduate (http://www.davisgrad.com/), a great bar at Russell Blvd. and Anderson, across the street from campus. They have all the NFL games and there's usually a couple of us Chiefs fans there.

WOO! Thats pretty cool. I knew there would be someone from Davis or that went there here. I always seem to meet people from Davis. Its really wierd.

MichaelH
11-18-2006, 08:30 PM

I thought that's what the Mexicans were for.

thedude
11-18-2006, 08:32 PM
The opinions and statements contained in this thread do not necesarrily reflect the personal sentiments of thread creator, thedude.