PDA

View Full Version : How do you make friends?

Direckshun
11-18-2006, 10:20 PM
I've had kind of a lonely streak in my life the past few weeks. I am in a satisfying relationship, but it's with a woman from Chicago.

And socially? I've got nothin'. And it's largely because I haven't really had any friends around for a few weeks.

I'm wondering how I change that. How do I make some friends? I'm completely inept at it; all my friends are either friends from freaking high school or just acquaintances.

I realize it's probably not terribly bright posting this on a Saturday night, but there you have it. Recommendations?

siberian khatru
11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Become wealthy.

11-18-2006, 10:24 PM
ROFL

Be yourself..relax and have an I dont care attitude...I once asked a girl to dance at a club 16 years ago..she turned at me and said :rolleyes: with you???HA!!!..I said..thats ok...I have to take a shit anyway..my friends fell out of their chairs belly up in laughter..be yourself bro!!

cdcox
11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Do I look like Dale Carnigie or something?

SLAG
11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Easy..

Move outside your comfort zone..

do things out of the ordinary.. talk to people you wouldn't talk to...

you have to draw people to you.. and that may not be something your not comfortable doing but ya know... i will shuddup now

PinkFloyd
11-18-2006, 10:30 PM
ROFL

Be yourself..relax and have an I dont care attitude...I once asked a girl to dance at a club 16 years ago..she turned at me and said :rolleyes: with you???HA!!!..I said..thats ok...I have to take a shit anyway..my friends fell out of their chairs belly up in laughter..be yourself bro!!
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Thats funny as hell !!! Good line !!

milkman
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Do imaginary friends count?

stevieray
11-18-2006, 10:36 PM
go to a planet tailgate

blueballs
11-18-2006, 10:38 PM
if they don't like you
**** em
if they do like you
**** em
if they are male
piss on them

blueballs
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
pisssssssssss

stevieray
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
And miss the game??or make the game???

I take it you've never been to Arrowhead.

:)

11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I take it you've never been to Arrowhead.

:)
No..I have not..but..I was referring to legendary Senator Bob Dole's mysterious absence..only to remember, he never made it to the tailgate or the game..my bad!!

Bugeater
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Friends are just a pain in the ass 90% of the time. You're better off without them.

stevieray
11-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Friends are just a pain in the ass 90% of the time. You're better off without them.

people..people who need....people

Rain Man
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't think it's possible to make new friends after the age of 22. It's some kind of biological thing.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2006, 10:54 PM
And socially? I've got nothin'. And it's largely because I haven't really had any friends around for a few weeks.

You were one of the winners who waited in line 3 days for a PS3 werent you??

boogblaster
11-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Women are everywhere just break out the cash..guys want straight up, be yourself, no whinning, pay your way, help went needed friends...

el borracho
11-19-2006, 01:09 AM
How old are you?

What do you like to do?

BWillie
11-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Women are everywhere just break out the cash..guys want straight up, be yourself, no whinning, pay your way, help went needed friends...

Women don't count as friends. I believe he is talking about non-gay male bonding friendship

Stewie
11-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Most of my friends are people I work with. I have a couple of buddies from high school, but we rarely get together (mostly email jokes, etc.). It's not easy making friends when work and homelife take a large portion of your time.

|Zach|
11-19-2006, 03:33 AM
With baseball signals.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_xfH4LmgmY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_xfH4LmgmY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
11-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Step One

Stop posting here.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 04:06 AM
I've had kind of a lonely streak in my life the past few weeks. I am in a satisfying relationship, but it's with a woman from Chicago.

I'm wondering how I change that. How do I make some friends? I'm completely inept at it; all my friends are either friends from freaking high school or just acquaintances.

I realize it's probably not terribly bright posting this on a Saturday night, but there you have it. Recommendations?

LOSER!!!!

CHENZ A!
11-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Get a part time job bartending, or waiting tables, you'll always have people that want to go grab a drink.

Iowanian
11-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't try.

Just think of all the weekends you'll have free because you don't have to help anyone move, fix their car and whatnot.

I think its a little tougher when you get older....family obligations at home, work.....and other people your age with the same issues make it tougher to become "good friends" like in HS and college.

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I made a lot of new friends through my graduate classes... the only problem with that is the girls are too smart to believe my sh*t.

BWillie
11-19-2006, 04:46 PM

I actually kind of know how you feel. I moved here without knowing a soul from Iowa a few months ago. I only really have 2 guy friends here in Kansas City. I mean, I know alot of girls unfortunately that I have met at the bars or offline, but I don't really count them as friends. They aren't people I can really go to the bars and get trashed with, or go to sporting events, or actually have conversation that I deem interesting. I've really never had this problem before. I've always been surrounded by friends from high school and college and now they are all scattered across the country or still living in my hometown. It kinda sucks, but at the same time it's kind of peaceful to not have people calling me up every single day trying to get me to go out or help them out with something I really don't want to do.

Sure-Oz
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
there's always www.myspace.com

oh you want friends over 18, hmm

OctoberFart
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Rob a car and come to prison, lots of people looking for friends here.

cdcox
11-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Rob a car and come to prison, lots of people looking for friends here.

LMAO

the Talking Can
11-19-2006, 06:01 PM
ask hootie....