PDA

View Full Version : So what does everyone expect the BCS rankings to me tomorrow?

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I expect......

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Florida
4. Notre Dame
5. Michigan
6. Arkansas

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Michigan has to drop they lost.....

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I doubt ND will be in front of Michigan... Michigan beat them 47-21 @ ND earlier this year.

Michigan will be #4 in AP/ Harris poll

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM

they had a .1+ adv over USC going into this week... I see them dropping points, but i dont see them getting jumped by USC or Florida...

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM

They lost to Ohio State.

USC lost to Oregon State.

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:32 PM
They lost to Ohio State.

USC lost to Oregon State.

Doesn't matter......they lost later, and Michigan and Rutgers were the top 2 computer teams and they both lost.....Michigan at best is at 4.

And I and I'm sure alot of other people don't want to see a NC rematch of 2 teams that play every year, already played and are in the same conference.

the Talking Can
11-18-2006, 11:33 PM
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

that's what it should be....but they'll drop Michigan for losing late in the year....if you lose, lose early then you can overcome it...no doubt though, Michigan is the clear #2 in the nation

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
If USC runs the table and wins out, the BCS will rank them #2... right now though, I think they are a close #3...

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:37 PM
If USC runs the table and wins out, the BCS will rank them #2... right now though, I think they are a close #3...

Well, I've been saying that forever. I said it after the Oregon State game.

Even if it isn't USC I don't want to watch Ohio State and Michigan play again.

milkman
11-18-2006, 11:38 PM

A part of the BCS ranking is the human vote, and the human voters will drop Michigan down far enough in their vote to ensure that Michigan doesn't have any hope of a rematch with OSU in the NC.

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:39 PM
1 loss teams that are top contenders in Championship game...:

#2 Michigan lost to #1 OSU by 3 on the road
#3 Florida lost to #14 Auburn by 10
#4 USC lost to unranked Oregon State by 2
#5 ND lost to # 2 Michigan @ home by 26
#7 Arkansas lost to #4 USC by a billion...

Who deserves to go?

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Doesn't matter......they lost later

Date of loss > quality of opponent?

LaBamba
11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Date of loss > quality of opponent?

Usted es un fart en fuerte viento. Mi mujer podría golpear su asno con el pie.

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
A part of the BCS ranking is the human vote, and the human voters will drop Michigan down far enough in their vote to ensure that Michigan doesn't have any hope of a rematch with OSU in the NC.

They cant drop them further than #4 after losing to the #1 team in the nation, especially when they beat the #5 team (ND) by 26 @ ND... they cant put ND in front of Michigan....

Worst case, they dop them to #7 but I doubt it...

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:45 PM
They cant drop them further than #4 after losing to the #1 team in the nation, especially when they beat the #5 team (ND) by 26 @ ND... they cant put ND in front of Michigan....

Media loves ND........if they happen to beat USC I fully expect them at 2.

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Media loves ND........if they happen to beat USC I fully expect them at 2.

No, if Florida wins the SEC they will get the #2... although the game this weekend wasnt really helpful at all... why schedule a I-AA game this late, it hurts your Bcs chances...

LaBamba
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Quiénes dan una mierda sobre BCS. El fútbol americano es el mejor. Los muchachos del sissy que juegan la ropa interior de las señoras del desgaste del balompié de la universidad.

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
No, if Florida wins the SEC they will get the #2... although the game this weekend wasnt really helpful at all... why schedule a I-AA game this late, it hurts your Bcs chances...

Because these SEC teams believe their own conference hype and that SEC supremacy bullshit.

They all seem to think playing in the SEC means you can schedule no one on the non-con.

carlos3652

This happens if USC losses...

milkman

I think Mecca has the rankings right.

ND is the wild card.

USC wins they go to the NC.
They lose, and Florida wins the SEC, they go

If both USC and Florida lose, then ND goes.

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:51 PM
This happens if USC losses...

Yea but....USC isn't gonna lose, we're gonna pay for the National Title in a year most people, including me thought would be a bit of a down year.

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Quiénes dan una mierda sobre BCS. El fútbol americano es el mejor. Los muchachos del sissy que juegan la ropa interior de las señoras del desgaste del balompié de la universidad.

jajajajaja... mejicanos no entienden la importancia de la universidad... ya que no tienen el dinero para poder ir.... dejate de joder boludo...

milkman
11-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Yea but....USC isn't gonna lose, we're gonna pay for the National Title in a year most people, including me thought would be a bit of a down year.

The refs?
The BCS voters?

Who you gonna pay?

:)

Mecca
11-18-2006, 11:54 PM
The refs?
The BCS voters?

Who you gonna pay?

:)

God damn it!

Well as long as you know what I meant....

HAHA......Kirk Herbstreit said Michigan would soundly beat Arkansas, Florida and USC..........Being a Big 10 homer or smoking crack which one?

LaBamba
11-18-2006, 11:54 PM
jajajajaja... mejicanos no entienden la importancia de la universidad... ya que no tienen el dinero para poder ir.... dejate de joder boludo...

Si la universidad es tan buena porqué es su español tan malo. En mi aldea nuestros perros hablan mejor que usted.

carlos3652
11-18-2006, 11:59 PM
I think Mecca has the rankings right.

ND is the wild card.

USC wins they go to the NC.
They lose, and Florida wins the SEC, they go

If both USC and Florida lose, then ND goes.

I completely understand what you are saying... but Michigan is still a factor...

Forget names for a second...

#1 team in the nation beats # 2 @ home by 3.

#2 team in the Nation beats # 5 (then #2) on the road by 26...

both #2 and #5 have 1 losses... but #5 will go to the championship game??????????????

Mecca
11-19-2006, 12:02 AM
I completely understand what you are saying... but Michigan is still a factor...

both #2 and #5 have 1 losses... but #5 will go to the championship game??????????????

I think you aren't factoring in the human factor.......

Media loves ND, anyone who likes the SEC or the PAC will also be dropping Michigan there are to many people thinking about their own interests there then factor in alot of people not wanting to see the 2 teams again and I think Michigans chances are slim and none.

carlos3652
11-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Si la universidad es tan buena porqué es su español tan malo. En mi aldea nuestros perros hablan mejor que usted.

anda cagar, yo soy de Argentina... mi castellano es perfecto pelotudo...

si voz no entendes mi idioma, nos sos latino...

y en tu aldea, los perros necesitan hablar... sino quien coje a las perras....

LaBamba
11-19-2006, 12:04 AM
anda cagar, yo soy de Argentina... mi castellano es perfecto pelotudo...

si voz no entendes mi idioma, nos sos latino...

y en tu aldea, los perros necesitan hablar... sino quien coje a las perras....

Ho ho. Usted me hace risa. En mi aldea las mujeres pondrían un vestido en usted y le dejaron hacer la tortilla.

milkman
11-19-2006, 12:05 AM

It's not about names.

It's about the voters ensring that the NC will not feature a rematch.

carlos3652
11-19-2006, 12:05 AM
I think you aren't factoring in the human factor.......

Media loves ND, anyone who likes the SEC or the PAC will also be dropping Michigan there are to many people thinking about their own interests there then factor in alot of people not wanting to see the 2 teams again and I think Michigans chances are slim and none.

I understand, I just think its bs... I dont want to see Michigan vs OSU again either... but I also dont want to see OSU win by 50

Mecca
11-19-2006, 12:08 AM
I understand, I just think its bs... I dont want to see Michigan vs OSU again either... but I also dont want to see OSU win by 50

OSU won't beat USC by no 50 points.......the worst loss USC has in the entire time Carrolls been there is something like 11.

carlos3652
11-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Ho ho. Usted me hace risa. En mi aldea las mujeres pondrían un vestido en usted y le dejaron hacer la tortilla.

tu castellano ya se esta deteriorando... deja de usar "the translator"...

Dude, give it up... your spanish is like the equivilent of HS Spanish 4...

Its: "Usted me hace reir... En mi aldes las mujeres se ponen un vestido..."

Learn to conjugate and we can have a serious throw down...

spanish n00b :p

Mecca
11-19-2006, 12:12 AM
It would be nice if I even knew what the hell you 2 were saying.

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Florida won't beat Arkansas. I know that a lot of you guys think Arkansas is overrated, but wait and see.

I'm just glad to see Rutgers get beat. Louisville was overrated and it showed...which really overrated Rutgers and Cincinnati let that be known today in a big way. I mean, they are kind of a Cinderella team and I'm glad for them that they raised their own bar this year. But common.....they're not a top 10 team.

carlos3652
11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
OSU won't beat USC by no 50 points.......the worst loss USC has in the entire time Carrolls been there is something like 11.

LOL... if USC makes it, they lose by double digits for sure, bank on it..

If Florida or ND makes it, they lose by 20+

Mecca
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM

I think some people forget the type of talent USC is putting on the field......yes most of the team is young and doesn't have alot of experience but this is 3 straight #1 recruiting classes.

Also I hope Arkansas keeps winning makes USC look better....

milkman
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM

USC has had a propensity this season to play at the level of it's opponent.

They have a lot of talent, but a lot of youth.

I think OSU will win, but it'll be closer than many people might think, especially given the amout of time off between the final regular season game and the NC.

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 12:23 AM
[.

Also I hope Arkansas keeps winning makes USC look better....[/QUOTE]

I would like to see Arkansas get another shot at USC in a Bowl game...I don't think it would look quite the same as the first game this year.

carlos3652
11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
USC has had a propensity this season to play at the level of it's opponent.

They have a lot of talent, but a lot of youth.

I think OSU will win, but it'll be closer than many people might think, especially given the amout of time off between the final regular season game and the NC.

I think USC will lose by 14, I believe USC would be the best contender (other than Michigan, who would have lost by 11 had it not scored the garbage time td and 2pt conv)

I think if Florida or ND represent, then OSU wins by 21+

OSU looks unstoppable at this point...

Also USC looks to dominate hte PAC 10 for another 3 years, and actually be National Champions angain when their talent develops next year...

milkman
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I think USC will lose by 14, I believe USC would be the best contender (other than Michigan, who would have lost by 11 had it not scored the garbage time td and 2pt conv)

Also USC looks to dominate hte PAC 10 for another 3 years, and actually be National Champions angain when their talent develops next year...

We are going to find out if you're right, since SC, Florida or ND will play OSU in the NC.

Mojo Rising
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Ohio State now has 50+ days off. The College system is ridiculous.

Mecca
11-19-2006, 12:40 AM

Let's not mention USC has 5 star RB, LB and OT already commited in this years recruiting........

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Who really gives a flyin f#ck-it is college football-it means shiot to nobody but you

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2006, 04:17 AM
I don't want to see Notre Dame, Florida, or USC get pounded by Ohio State. Michigan gives them the best game, which means, they are clearly number two in the nation.

I wish it could be different, but there needs to be a rematch or it will get ugly in the title game.

If it were up to me, there would be a playoff of the top 10 or 16 teams, but life isn't perfect. College football could be so much better, but it sucks because of the BCS.

HMc
11-19-2006, 04:20 AM
why can't they use the 50 day break for a playoff series? use this B(c)S ranking system to get a top 8 then go from there

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
I don't want to see Notre Dame, Florida, or USC get pounded by Ohio State. Michigan gives them the best game, which means, they are clearly number two in the nation.

I wish it could be different, but there needs to be a rematch or it will get ugly in the title game.

If it were up to me, there would be a playoff of the top 10 or 16 teams, but life isn't perfect.

I agree 111000% but I am a little fugged up-so yeah tha is it-you know what i said-well what you said -yep

Chiefs Pantalones
11-19-2006, 04:31 AM
I agree 111000% but I am a little fugged up-so yeah tha is it-you know what i said-well what you said -yep

They need to get rid of bowl games, they are so gay.

No one cares who won the toilet.com bowl or whatever.

HMc
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Don't some of the lamer bowl games have participants that have like .500 records or something? What's the fuggin point of that?

HMc
11-19-2006, 06:39 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/GaylordHotelsMusicCityBowlLogo.png

milkman
11-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Don't some of the lamer bowl games have participants that have like .500 records or something? What's the fuggin point of that?

The Bowl system has become about as relevant as the post season NIT in basketball.

CupidStunt
11-19-2006, 07:47 AM
No way in hell Michigan is leapfrogged by the Domers.

Worst case scenario they're #4, best case scenario #3.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2006, 07:48 AM

Don't listen to Mecca's SEC supremacy non-conf. scheduling bullshit.

Florida scheduled Western Carolina because they couldn't find a D-I school to play. The NCAA didn't approve a 12th game for this season until April 2005 and the rest of Florida's schedule was already set. November 18 was the only open date (other than the bye week between Alabama-LSU-Auburn-Georgia) and all the D-I schools they contacted already had scheduled opponents those dates.

You can read about it here:

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200661117086

Otherwise, the thread is about BCS rankings and here's what I'd LIKE to see (not sure it'll happen, but it's possible):

1. OSU
2. USC
3. Florida
4. Michigan
5. Notre Dumb
6. Arkansas

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Florida won't beat Arkansas. I know that a lot of you guys think Arkansas is overrated, but wait and see.

I disagree. Gator bait.

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 08:58 AM
God damn it!

Well as long as you know what I meant....

HAHA......Kirk Herbstreit said Michigan would soundly beat Arkansas, Florida and USC..........Being a Big 10 homer or smoking crack which one?

I didn't understand all the "Michigan is such a great team" stuff last night... they should have lost by 3+ scores.

TEX
11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
USC seems to be the only team ever to be able to lose late in the season to a bad team and still possibly get a shot at the title... :hmmm:

IMHO, since everyone keeps saying that the SEC is the toughest football conference, then its champion should get to play Ohio State for the title.

Man I hope Notre Dame takes care of USC so they don't get a shot.

FringeNC
11-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I just hope USC and Florida finish with one loss. Perhaps all the controversy will finally lead to the adoption of a playoff.

Basileus777
11-19-2006, 11:04 AM
OSU and Michigan should NOT rematch in January. I don't care if Florida and USC aren't as good as UM, it would not be fair for OSU to have to beat UM twice to win a title and UM only having to beat OSU once out of 2 tries. It is illogical for the 2 to play again.

Michigan had their shot at OSU, they fell short. Personally I think you should have to be a conference champ to play in the NC game anyway so I'd either give it to USC or the winner of the SEC.

JBucc
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Must've missed this thread

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. Arkansas
6. Notre Dame

banyon
11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
1. Ohio State
2. KU
3. Rutgers

Uncle_Ted
11-19-2006, 12:26 PM
OSU and Michigan should NOT rematch in January. I don't care if Florida and USC aren't as good as UM, it would not be fair for OSU to have to beat UM twice to win a title and UM only having to beat OSU once out of 2 tries. It is illogical for the 2 to play again.

I heard Craig James say that last night on ABC, and I still think it is one of the most retarded things I have heard this year (and it's been a looooong year).

Let's extrapolate that rule to other contexts ... hmmm... here's one: say the Chiefs and the Seahawks meet in the Superbowl. Well guess what? We can break out the champagne as soon as we win the AFC, because the Chiefs automatically win!!! After all, it wouldn't be "fair" for the Chiefs to have to beat the Seahawks again after they already beat them in the regular season.

BCS means #1 vs. #2. Not #1 vs. #3 because #1 and #2 already played during the regular season. I'd rather have a playoff system, but for now it's what we're stuck with.

And I hate Michigan.

chop
11-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Michigan should retain the #2 spot. I don't care when they lost. I think they are the better team. The system is supposed to be emotionless. Michigan record and performance still should keep them #2 in the country.

DaKCMan AP
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I heard Craig James say that last night on ABC, and I still think it is one of the most retarded things I have heard this year (and it's been a looooong year).

Let's extrapolate that rule to other contexts ... hmmm... here's one: say the Chiefs and the Seahawks meet in the Superbowl. Well guess what? We can break out the champagne as soon as we win the AFC, because the Chiefs automatically win!!! After all, it wouldn't be "fair" for the Chiefs to have to beat the Seahawks again after they already beat them in the regular season.

BCS means #1 vs. #2. Not #1 vs. #3 because #1 and #2 already played during the regular season. I'd rather have a playoff system, but for now it's what we're stuck with.

And I hate Michigan.

Your analogy doesn't work. The NFL has a playoff system. College football does not. How do you determine that Michigan is #2 when USC, Florida, Arkansas, Notre Dumb all have 1-loss. The NFL solves it through a playoff system where regular season just determines seeding. College football needs a playoff OR a plus-1 system.

The way it is now someone from USC, Michigan and Florida can all argue until we're blue in the face over who is better without having a definitive answer unless they play.

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM

Not really... all else equal, had the game been in September it would be the same controversy without the teams having to play back to back. It would be just like North/South teams playing each other a second time in the Big 12 Championship.

I'd still like to see the SEC's best against OSU, but whatever happens we should get some good matchups.

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

OSU 1.000
Michigan .9263
USC .9188
Florida .8838
Notre Dame .8198
Arkansas .8065

USC could just Michigan with a win against ND, and Florida could move up with a win against Arkansas.... stupid BCS :banghead:

Bob Dole
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

OSU 1.000
Michigan .9263
USC .9188
Florida .8838
Notre Dame .8198
Arkansas .8065

USC could just Michigan with a win against ND, and Florida could move up with a win against Arkansas.... stupid BCS :banghead:

That's got to be bothersome, what with a second-tier SEC team that close on the heels of the almighty Trojans.

Bearcat
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
That's got to be bothersome, what with a second-tier SEC team that close on the heels of the almighty Trojans.

Too bad USC plays in the Pac10. It would be great for us to see them showcase their domination of the world by destroying teams from a higher quality conference that has more than 2 BCS-ranked teams... like the Big East.

carlos3652
11-20-2006, 12:54 AM
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Arkansas

Thank you...

Good Article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AlfuQhYbFQwAp9qngWvMWwE5nYcB?slug=ap-bcsstandings&prov=ap&type=lgns