PDA

View Full Version : Herm thoughts on Trent

dirk digler
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
**** off Pootie:

On QB Trent Green’s play: “I thought he did a good job, especially when he got hit. He got back up. He didn’t turn the ball over and that’s the thing you always worry about when the quarterback goes back and hasn’t played in a while. You want him to manage the ball and not turn the ball over. He didn’t try to do anything crazy with the football and made some good throws, especially in the four-minute situation when we had to score. That’s why he’s our quarterback and why he’s been a great quarterback, to be quite honest. He’s the guy at the end when you need seven games – and it’s a seven-game series for us – that he’s the guy who enables us to win football games. He did that and he did that with help. That’s why you bring a guy like that back. I’m a firm believer that there are reasons guys are starters. It’s not by accident.

“We didn’t throw the ball a whole lot. That was our intent. Trent hit some passes when he needed and at the end of the day it goes down to the fourth quarter again.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 04:42 PM
what did you expect him to say?

"Trent flat out sucked today. I made a bad decision by not starting Huard."

dirk digler
11-19-2006, 04:43 PM

I’m a firm believer that there are reasons guys are starters. It’s not by accident.

That is all that needs to be said

Hootie
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Trent could probably throw 19 interceptions in 1 game and still not be at fault, for anything...according to you guys.

dirk digler
11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Trent could probably throw 19 interceptions in 1 game and still not be at fault, for anything...according to you guys.

Really? I recall back a few years ago his nickname was TrINT to alot of people on here.

BigRock
11-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Just curious... what exactly do you think Huard would have done out there today, without Tony to throw to every time?

boogblaster
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Dumb-f#ck let it rest..Ive seen Green try to force plays, just like Brooks did at the end of the game..all QBs do..but Green had a good game today,he'll have a better game Thursday...........

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM

F#ck off Green hater.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Dumb-f#ck let it rest..Ive seen Green try to force plays, just like Brooks did at the end of the game..all QBs do..but Green had a good game today,he'll have a better game Thursday...........
Green had a good game today?

Ha.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Just curious... what exactly do you think Huard would have done out there today, without Tony to throw to every time?
Not sure.

In fact, I'm more upset with the playcalling than Trent.

However, we've heard this whole offseason/season/etc... about how Trent knew the playbook better than the coaching staff, and how he can audible now, and blah blah blah...where was that today?

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:03 PM
all I'm saying is, we can officially shut up about how Green's return is going to somehow transform our offense to something it is not. He will not be an upgrade to Huard...can he perform as well as Huard did? I think so...but today, he wasn't anywhere close.

Did Gonzalez play a roll in that? Probably...but hey.

Bowser
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Why is it some people are so good at finding the rough in the diamond?

the Talking Can
11-19-2006, 05:07 PM
is there a single ****ing thread that isn't going to be ruined today by hootie's hatred for Trent?

WE WON.....an all we get is non-stop crying....

Herm just agreed with all of us: you are the dumbest human drawing a breath....now go find somewhere else to pout about a win....we'd like to enjoy it

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:08 PM
hatred?

There is no hatred, despite what you may believe.

I have a red, a white, and a black Trent Green jersey. I love Trent. BUT, I'm a Chiefs fan and I think Huard is a better fit for THIS offense.

Sorry.

unlurking
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Obviously he would have thrown so many TD passes the NFL would allow him to pro-rate them over the rest of the season, effectively winning the Super Bowl in the 10th game of the season for the first time in history.

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
We still don't know how much they are allowing Trent to audible, particularly in his first game back. No, he didn't have a great game. He wasn't allowed to. He did throw that Kennison pass really short.

His passing percentage was good, his reads were good.....at least he wouldn't have gotten Gonzy killed because he looked at different receivers. If Gonzy played today, he would have still been playing next week.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:11 PM
lmao.

It's Huards fault Gonzo is hurt?

SOMEONE SHOOT HUARD FOR TRYING TO GET THE BALL TO OUR BEST RECEIVER...

Huard is damned if he does on this board, damned if he doesn't, and if anyone goes down, Huard goes down with him!

unlurking
hatred?

There is no hatred, despite what you may believe.

I have a red, a white, and a black Trent Green jersey. I love Trent. BUT, I'm a Chiefs fan and I think Huard is a better fit for THIS offense.

Sorry.
So when 99.9% of the world disagrees with you, they're all idiots right?

siberian khatru

It worked for Jesus.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
everyone on this board disagrees with me...because Trent has meant so much to this organization and community.

Me saying Huard is better for the team is like seeing your daughter cry after she is dumped for the first time for most of this board...

unlurking
11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
hahahaha

Sorry Pootie, didn't realize you were the son of God, my bad.

Sure-Oz
11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Who needs Herms thoughts when we got QB expert Hootie?!

unlurking
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
everyone on this board disagrees with me...because Trent has meant so much to this organization and community.

Me saying Huard is better for the team is like seeing your daughter cry after she is dumped for the first time for most of this board...
That dosn't even make sense retard.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah it does...

you're pissed off that someone might question Green's abilities...

Just like you'd be pissed off at the ****er who made your daughter cry.

Sure-Oz
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
learn how to put e's in the word doesn't

buuuuurnnn

redbrian
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
yeah it does...

The only one who seems pissed off and foaming at the mouth is you.

duncan_idaho
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Or because they saw Huard unable to complete a comeback last week... they saw him panic and rush under pressure and sail his passes all day... they saw him show poor pocket presence... they saw him give Yeremiah Bell time to recover and defend a wide open Eddie Kennison... they saw him refuse to step up and into his throws (thus sailing them).

They saw a backup QB play like a backup QB.

Or maybe not. That's what I saw, at least.

unlurking
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
learn how to put e's in the word doesn't

buuuuurnnn
Damn it Kelso!!!

:cuss:

unlurking
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
yeah it does...

Nice try. You're the emotional pussy here, whining because your man-love for Huard is unappreciated here. Are you sure that you aren't the daughter crying right now?

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Or because they saw Huard unable to complete a comeback last week... they saw him panic and rush under pressure and sail his passes all day... they saw him show poor pocket presence... they saw him give Yeremiah Bell time to recover and defend a wide open Eddie Kennison... they saw him refuse to step up and into his throws (thus sailing them).

They saw a backup QB play like a backup QB.

Or maybe not. That's what I saw, at least.
he has 3 4th quarter comebacks THIS YEAR alone...

don't get me started about Green's inability to come back in the 4th quarter...

we could go through just about every game in 2004 if you'd like

cdcox
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM

And this board was doing the same thing when LJ came in for an injured Priest. Oh, wait a minte, no they didn't.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
And this board was doing the same thing when LJ came in for an injured Priest. Oh, wait a minte, no they didn't.
I guarantee, somehow, somewhere, there are still planet members that think Priest is better than LJ...

I was calling for LJ long before Priest was injured though...anyone with any common sense had to be doing the same.

tk13
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Holy cow. Can someone get some tranquilizer, aisle Hootie please?

cdcox
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
I guarantee, somehow, somewhere, there are still planet members that think Priest is better than LJ...

Irony. Again.

siberian khatru
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Holy cow. Can someone get some tranquilizer, aisle Hootie please?

If you just showed up, you've probably read only a fraction of what's transpired this afternoon.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Irony. Again.

what?

KurtCobain
11-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Green had a good game today?

Ha.

What is wrong with you. Green did everything Huard could've done today. Huard might've even thrown some interceptions.

Thier D was good. Green handled it well.

jjjayb
11-19-2006, 05:41 PM
all I'm saying is, we can officially shut up about how Green's return is going to somehow transform our offense to something it is not. He will not be an upgrade to Huard...can he perform as well as Huard did? I think so...but today, he wasn't anywhere close.

Did Gonzalez play a roll in that? Probably...but hey.

Uhmm. I'd say he did just as well or better than Huard did last week in Miami.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
What is wrong with you. Green did everything Huard could've done today. Huard might've even thrown some interceptions.

Thier D was good. Green handled it well.
This is where I disagree...

I think every sack Green took today Huard would've avoided, except for maybe one.

Huard can make poor decisions, that's for sure, but he makes quick decisions, something Trent needs to start doing if he's going to be successful behind our line this year.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Uhmm. I'd say he did just as well or better than Huard did last week in Miami.
well obviously because we won...

but last week, for some reason, we threw the ball 38 ****in' times..when we should've just played smashmouth football like we did today.

cdcox
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM

what?

You pointing out that at least one person in so dilutional that they think Priest should start, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and the entire opinion of the board going against them.

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
You pointing out that at least one person in so dilutional that they think Priest should start, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and the entire opinion of the board going against them.
what's the evidence supporting Green getting his job back?

He obviously didn't prove that it belonged to him today. That's what I'm saying.

kcxiv
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM

we could go through just about every game in 2004 if you'd like
ughh. what do you call today? Was that the inability to come back in the 4th quarter you were talking about, or did we lose?

Hootie
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
ughh. what do you call today? Was that the inability to come back in the 4th quarter you were talking about, or did we lose?
nah, Trent did well on that last drive.

BUT

You point out ONE game where Huard didn't deliver in the 4th quarter...I pointed out the other THREE where he did, as well as the great performance he had against St. Louis on the road.

cdcox
11-19-2006, 05:55 PM
what's the evidence supporting Green getting his job back?

He obviously didn't prove that it belonged to him today. That's what I'm saying.

Green played bad the whole game.

But he came through on the final drive, when the game was on the line, despite having a bad day, despite poor line play, despite no Gonzo.

Green is a guy who can find a way to win, even when he's not having his best day.

Green has done this many times.

This is what a starter does for you.

You will never understand this.

Either becasue you refuse, or you are incapable.

jynni
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
This crap is just inane. It might make sense if Huard was some young off the bench rookie and the future of the team. He's a 33 year old career backup! He did what a good backup should do.

siberian khatru
11-19-2006, 06:01 PM
This crap is just inane. It might make sense if Huard was some young off the bench rookie and the future of the team. He's a 33 year old career backup! He did what a good backup should do.

See, Pootie, even girls make more sense than you.

:p

Hootie
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Green played bad the whole game.

But he came through on the final drive, when the game was on the line, despite having a bad day, despite poor line play, despite no Gonzo.

Green is a guy who can find a way to win, even when he's not having his best day.

Green has done this many times.

This is what a starter does for you.

You will never understand this.

Either becasue you refuse, or you are incapable.
no, this is a little myth you made up in your head...

Green hasn't won shit in KC...

Sure-Oz
11-19-2006, 06:33 PM
no, this is a little myth you made up in your head...

Green hasn't won shit in KC...
The best QB we've had in many years and you piss on his cheerios cuz your man crush isn't starting. You are a ****in hater.

the Talking Can
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
The best QB we've had in many years and you piss on his cheerios cuz your man crush isn't starting. You are a ****in hater.

he drinks the hater-ade!

jspchief
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM

we could go through just about every game in 2004 if you'd likeThe way Herm calls the game, we're going to be looking at a lot of 4th qtr "comebacks".

Twice when Huard was on the field late in the game needing a minimum of a FG he has fellen short. The one chance Green has had so far we won.