PDA

View Full Version : Curious: Would anybody here like to see Moss in Red?

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I've thought about and a team might be able to get him for fairly cheap. What's the opinions here at the Planet?

VonneMarie
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
No.

Crush
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Hell no, he would be the "I" in Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2006, 06:22 PM
No. Hes not worth it.

Havent you seen his comments?? Hes putting personal goals above the team. Screw him. I hope he stays there and rots.

Frankie
No, he has much talent and no heart.

Thig Lyfe
Yeah! He was awesome today!

JBucc
11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Only if he redoes his contract to the league minimun and they'll take Hicks for him.

jAZ
11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
If Herm thinks he could coach Randy, I'd be happy to have him here.

Mecca
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Moss is all about liking the coach he plays for and the team atleast being decently competitive......it's the Raiders they're awful.

I'd take the guy he's more talented than any WR we have and we aren't awful....

BigRock
CP said just this past week on Sirius that he'd never sign Moss, so it's moot.

milkman
As long as it's his blood, yeah.

Chiefs red, HELL NO.

Mecca
11-19-2006, 06:25 PM
CP said just this past week on Sirius that he'd never sign Moss, so it's moot.

Yea well what year of the 5 year plan is this again.......

the Talking Can
11-19-2006, 06:31 PM
no ****ing way

he is a loser and a cancer and a lazy pos..

Frankie
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Only if he redoes his contract to the league minimun and they'll take Hicks for him.
Interesting you said "and" and not "or."

Sure-Oz
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
If he actually tried to play on the team he disliked and upped his shitty value he might be wanted by other teams. He has an ungodly amount of talent, its his douch bag attitude that gets him nowhere.

Bwana
11-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Not unless by red you mean blood. The guy is as big of a headcase as TO, with half the work ethic.

gblowfish
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Uhhh...no.
He's a loser, baby.

Easy 6
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is LJ's show, muss will never accept second fiddle to anyone.

He wont sacrifice his body to block.

He will take plays off.

He will cry the moment things look tough.

He will do his damndest to avoid the middle.

He wont buy into Herms ball control philosophy.

He is a dog and should take his millions home to wherever and spend the rest of his days fishing and wondering how good he could have been if he wasnt a GIANT PUSSY.

redbrian
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
He would not play the way the Chiefs want the WR to play, he would never block or run a pattern that he was not actually going to get the ball on.

Thig Lyfe
11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
There were run plays today when Moss barely even moved.

milkman
11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Not unless by red you mean blood. The guy is as big of a headcase as TO, with half the work ethic.

Great minds, as they say....

As long as it's his blood, yeah.

Chiefs red, HELL NO.

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 06:57 PM
He has been known to take a lot of plays off which gives away the play to defensive backs.

DaFace
11-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I would take TO before I would take Moss.

Roughly translated, that means "Hell no."

Bwana
11-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Great minds, as they say....

Heh! Nice

:)

DaFace
11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
And not that it really matters, but Carl Peterson was asked that question on the radio last week. I can't remember which show it was, but his response was "Absolutely not."

runnercyclist
11-19-2006, 07:01 PM
He is right where he belongs.

jidar
11-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Let him fester in Oakland. He and the Raiders deserve each other.

Gaz
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
No.

Never ask again.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thought folks had more sense than that.

boogblaster
11-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Only if the fans before games, get to take him under the bleachers and kick him in the balls....

Lonewolf Ed
11-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Moss would have to put forth effort to raise his game to that of an underachiever. His intanglibles, such as concentration gaps, team chemistry dissolution, and so on, lead to only one answer:

NO!!

Chiefnj
11-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Nope. Unlike other attention craving problematic WR's - Moss doesn't even try. At least the other guys give it their all each week.

slappyhappy
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM
:rolleyes: There's no way that could happen, just like Parcels getting TO, never happen. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
11-20-2006, 08:44 AM
If by "In red" you mean a santa suit, working a mall somewhere far from Kansas City, then yes.

On the last INT, did you see him even raise his arms in a attempt to catch that ball? Knock it away from the DB? No, you didn't. He's a quitter. moss has no heart, and doesn't belong in KC.

dj56dt58
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
moss has no heart, and doesn't belong in KC.
Sounds like he mght fit in on defense

Lzen
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Thought folks had more sense than that.

Liar. :p

Frankie
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Frankly, I'd rather have KATE moss.

BigChiefFan
11-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Absolutely 100% NO. He was the difference maker in that game yesterday. Had he actually stepped up, we could have easily lost that game. His lazy-ass is what is contributing to them losing games, but his dumbass can figure that out.

trndobrd
11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Randy Moss is being wasted in Oakland. I'm not suprised that he is disgruntled. If he was in a different system he would be much more productive.

He would look great in red. No doubt in my mind that he is the missing piece for Arizona. They should really look into picking him up.

jspchief
11-20-2006, 10:19 AM
The guy has no heart. That's the only constant of his career. If it's easy he'll do it, but when it comes to the hard work part of the game he's a no-show. Not the kind of guy I want to root for on Sundays.

Besides, what the hell do you think he'd have to say in a Chiefs offense where WR is the third option?

Not only is he a bad teammate, he's a poor fit for this team. And he's on the downside of his career. No thank you.

Katie
11-20-2006, 10:26 AM
This is the official Monday morning joke, right?

carlos3652
11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
But he is a great WR /mecca

patteeu
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM
If Herm thinks he could coach Randy, I'd be happy to have him here.

Same here.

patteeu
11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Seriously, this is LJ's show, muss will never accept second fiddle to anyone.

He wont sacrifice his body to block.

Those are 2 really good points. Let me revise my opinion to "we probably have better options, but we need to find someone to play WR."

patteeu
11-20-2006, 10:40 AM
If by "In red" you mean a santa suit, working a mall somewhere far from Kansas City, then yes.

On the last INT, did you see him even raise his arms in a attempt to catch that ball? Knock it away from the DB? No, you didn't. He's a quitter. moss has no heart, and doesn't belong in KC.

Moss might leave a lot to be desired on many plays, but on that INT, there was nothing he could have possibly done to prevent it.

jspchief
11-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Moss might leave a lot to be desired on many plays, but on that INT, there was nothing he could have possibly done to prevent it.I agree. Gannon was making a big deal out of it, but I think there was nothing Moss could have done in that situation. It's pretty clear Gannon hates Moss. All game he was looking for another reason to trash him.

Moss half-asses his way through a lot of football. I'm not sure it was a factor on that play.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2006, 10:43 AM
I want Moss' talent but not his attitude.

RNR
11-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I agree. Gannon was making a big deal out of it, but I think there was nothing Moss could have done in that situation. It's pretty clear Gannon hates Moss. All game he was looking for another reason to trash him.

Moss half-asses his way through a lot of football. I'm not sure it was a factor on that play.
The fact he made no effort speaks loud. Most players would react on reflex. Moss is not Oaklands biggest problem, he is a part of it. On a team that was in the hunt for the playoffs he could be a playemaker. I didnt care for him before he signed and feel the same about him now.
To be honest if I was stuck on a team going nowhere I would be pissed too. That said a player should never quit.

Dark Horse
11-20-2006, 11:43 AM
on a side note. Do you think Jerry Jones will be able to resist fielding a Moss Owens duo? Think about it the 2 most talented guys ever to piss away their careers on the field together.

TRR
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
The guy I would like to see on KC is Jerry Porter. When he was coming out of the tunnel yesterday for pre-game, he looked at me and said, "Go Chiefs!" He seems like he knows a lot of people on the KC squad including Eddie Kennison and Rod Gardner.

MahiMike
11-20-2006, 12:05 PM
When will these GMs figure out that you have to pay per catch with these prima donnas?

chiefqueen
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Hell no, he would be the "I" in Chiefs.

But w/o the "I" we would just be the.............well, you get the idea.:hmmm:

jspchief
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
The guy I would like to see on KC is Jerry Porter. When he was coming out of the tunnel yesterday for pre-game, he looked at me and said, "Go Chiefs!" He seems like he knows a lot of people on the KC squad including Eddie Kennison and Rod Gardner.Really sounds like the type of guy I want on my team :rolleyes:

alpha_omega
11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Nyet!

BIG_DADDY
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
NO

Thig Lyfe
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Really sounds like the type of guy I want on my team :rolleyes:

Me too. He's a Chiefs fan!

TRR
11-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Really sounds like the type of guy I want on my team :rolleyes:

If I was treated as poorily as Jerry Porter, and had that much talent, I would definitely be as disgruntled as he is. I'd take Porter in a heartbeat over Samie Parker....You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Calcountry
11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Moss is a pussy. ;)

eazyb81
11-20-2006, 03:19 PM
My friend and I were talking about this scenario over the weekend.....I'd take Moss or Porter in a second. I would have no problem trading a 1st for Moss or a 2nd for Porter.

Just imagine our offense with Moss or Porter stretching the field, Gonzo in the middle, and LJ coming out of the pocket for screens.

Halfcan
11-20-2006, 04:24 PM
no ****ing way

he is a loser and a cancer and a lazy pos..

Cowboys will trade for him- having Tony Homo I mean Romo throw to TO and Moss is too big of a temptation for Jerry Jones.

Remember you heard it hear first-Moss will be a Cowboy. Think of the Marketing?? Moss and TO a match made in heaven.

Frankie
11-21-2006, 09:49 AM
My friend and I were talking about this scenario over the weekend.....I'd take Moss or Porter in a second. I would have no problem trading a 1st for Moss or a 2nd for Porter.

Just imagine our offense with Moss or Porter stretching the field, Gonzo in the middle, and LJ coming out of the pocket for screens.
God I'm glad you are not our GM.

Frankie
11-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Cowboys will trade for him- having Tony Homo I mean Romo throw to TO and Moss is too big of a temptation for Jerry Jones.

Remember you heard it hear first-Moss will be a Cowboy. Think of the Marketing?? Moss and TO a match made in heaven.
That would make Glen available. :hmmm:

TEX
11-21-2006, 10:43 AM
That would make Glen available. :hmmm:

And then KC needs to POUNCE!

Fat Elvis
11-21-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.terragalleria.com/images/us-se/usfl4062.jpeg

Just looks sick to me....

Chiefnj
11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
If I was treated as poorily as Jerry Porter, and had that much talent, I would definitely be as disgruntled as he is. .

Poor Porter. 13 million in bonus money in 2005 and the coaches had the nerve to hope he would stick around camp and practice and be a team leader.

From the SFgate.:

Porter wants to be traded.

"Yes. Absolutely. I've told them that," Porter said on the team's first day of practice at training camp in Napa. Which, coincidentally, did not include Porter during the afternoon workout because of what Shell described as a strained calf muscle.

That's right. Day 1.

What a slap in the face to Shell. To owner Al Davis -- who handed Porter a $13 million signing bonus in 2005 to re-sign with the team -- and everyone else in Silver and Black.

How did it get so bad?

Shortly after Shell was hired Feb. 13, a reprise by Davis in the hope his moribund franchise might regain some semblance of respectability, Porter was summoned into the new boss' office for a get-to-know-you meeting.

As Porter recalls it, the conclave -- with wide receivers coach Fred Biletnikoff present -- went something like this:

"They were asking me what I was going to do as far as the offseason program goes," said Porter, who apparently already was bristling at Shell's take-charge approach. "And I told them, 'I just bought a place in Florida, so I'm going to go down to Florida and work with a trainer.' "

Porter continued. "And this is Freddie B talking. He said, 'What's the matter, stud, you're not gonna stay here for the program?' And I'm saying, 'Nah, I've got to get away and charge my batteries.'

"And (Biletnikoff) says, 'Well, your battery's not charged?'

"And I'm like, 'No.' "

From here, as Porter remembers it, the dialogue grew more heated.

Biletnikoff: "Your batteries aren't already charged?"

Porter: "No, they're not."

Biletnikoff: "So, what's the problem?"

Porter: "Well, for one thing, I don't like the way things are going around here."

At that point, Porter recalls, the head coach intervened.

"And then Art chimes in, 'Who the f -- do you think you are?' " Porter recalled. "And then it starts from there. Art says, 'Who ... do you think you're talking to?'

"And that was that." Porter said.

Yup. That would do it.

Later Tuesday, Shell did not dispute Porter's recollection of their meeting, but he definitely had a response.

"The culture is changing," Shell said firmly, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum.

"That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that.

"A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge."

Porter, who tends to tease with his talent, and obliterate good will with his attitude, obviously has a problem with that.

But why in the heck would you say something so inflammatory -- "I don't like the way things are going around here" -- to a new head coach? What was he thinking?

"I just didn't. I'm not going to sit here and bring those issues up because I just don't like what (the issues) were about," said Porter, when asked to be more specific about why he's so unhappy. "But nothing can be done about it. I'm not the GM. So we had our little rift.