PDA

View Full Version : What is your Thanksgiving routine going to be this year?

|Zach|
11-19-2006, 11:24 PM
I had to move hell and earth to get off for this day but I am driving up from Springtown to do the family\food thing and then we are all off for the game. Haven't made it to one all year until now. I plan on celebrating our win with some friends on plaza doing the lights thing. I lucked out being in a family full of Chiefs fans.

Will most of you folks be able to watch the game? Will you be creeping around away from the family to catch it on TV?

Simplex3
11-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm sure my mom thinks she gets to turn the TV off during dinner but she'll know better come Thursday.

Frazod
11-19-2006, 11:27 PM
This will be a great excuse to bug out of the inlaws' house early. They know me well enough by now to realize I speak the truth when I say they don't want me watching this game in their house. :grr:

|Zach|
11-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Niiice

KurtCobain
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanksgiving off from work, unpaid vacation just so I "can spend time with the family" AKA watch the chiefs game. I'm going to my grandmother's house so the family can see the kid, and more than likely all the men there will be downstairs screaming at the TV.

It'll be a wonderous day off.

Simplex3
This will be a great excuse to bug out of the inlaws' house early. They know me well enough by now to realize I speak the truth when I say they don't want me watching this game in their house. :grr:
Why, you gonna bust a cap in their fridge?

Sure-Oz
Wed night dinner at my familys house. Thurs afternoon thanksgiving at their place, then later that night thanksgiving at their friends place and watch the Chiefs and be a fatass till i work friday morning.

Frazod
Why, you gonna bust a cap in their fridge?

Maybe..... :evil:

BWillie
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm gettin drunk Wednesday night, sleeping until 2 and then tailgating. I love Thanksgiving games, it gives me an excuse not to drive 5 hours to see family.

TinyEvel
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I was chewing my fingernails knowing we are going to the wife's uncle's house.
Then I found out "dinner" is at 2 pm. :clap:
plenty of time to catch up, eat the good meal and get back home in time for kickoff. PBJ

OnTheWarpath15
11-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Have dinner early in STL with in-laws at 1:00......

Drive 3.5 hours in a food coma to KC.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2006, 11:34 PM
My family is all Chiefs fans so we planned our day around the game. Also we all have NFL network is was just who had the biggest tv, so my mom and dad won out.

BWillie
11-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Have dinner early in STL with in-laws at 1:00......

Drive 3.5 hours in a food coma to KC.

Now that is the sign of a warrior.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Making dinner, going to the game, and then beating up a few Donk fans if the Chiefs choke.

Nzoner
11-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Will have to eat some food with the family at noon then head to Arrowhead to hook up with Canadian Chief and his crew as we join 30 others for a full blown Thanksgiving Dinner tailgate.

Hopefully celebrate a big win and then play follow the leader as Canadian Chief and the guys follow us back to St Joe(they're crashing in the gameroom)from there we haven't decided,either hit a couple of bars or just continue the party in the gameroom,either way when we finally hit home it'll be time to pull out the leftovers and endulge again.

Bugeater
11-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm going out to eat with the in-laws, then watch the lame afternoon games, then after that I get to listen to the Chiefs on the radio. :cuss:

Nzoner
11-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm going out to eat with the in-laws, then watch the lame afternoon games, then after that I get to listen to the Chiefs on the radio. :cuss:

WTF,why wouldn't you just go to Buffalo Wild Wings or some place like it.

Bugeater
11-19-2006, 11:52 PM
WTF,why wouldn't you just go to Buffalo Wild Wings or some place like it.
Can't smoke in BWW, if I can find someplace close by that's open that I can smoke in I'll probably go.

OnTheWarpath15
11-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Now that is the sign of a warrior.

Thanks Willie....

I do what I can......

What sucks is that the warrior has to drive up to North Platte after the game to crash......

But hey, beats driving back from 11-3am........

cdcox
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Get up.

Put some cinnamon rolls in the over (made the night before from mom's recipe).

When the rolls come out, pop the bad boy turkey in the oven.

Lay around drinking coffee, watch a little of the parade with the family.

Catch some of the early game.

Finish making dinner eat around 4.

Chiefs game at night throws a wrinkle into the traditions. We darn well better win, cause the wife and daughter don't like "tension" in the house when we play badly. Hate to screw up the holiday that way.

Demonpenz
11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
With the way my family is going I am going to enjoy it. Probably the last time we will all be together.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Can't smoke in BWW, if I can find someplace close by that's open that I can smoke in I'll probably go.

Is there a Hooters near by? I think they will be open.

Demonpenz
11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Wow how it must be to be a hooters girl. Well in this time of thanks I will go ahead and slap this tiny outfit on and serve hotwings to this fat balding ****er who keeps shouting PRINT PLAYOFF TICKETS to the chiefs game

bkkcoh
11-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Headed back to KC for the week after the wife gets off of work today.

Going to go to my brothers for lunch on Thursday and then to the game that night.

On Saturday, going to the MU vs KU football game.

Should be a great week. :toast:

PinkFloyd
11-20-2006, 07:25 AM
I have to work I'm afraid... Thought about calling in and going to the Chiefs game with some friends from Cameron, but I think going to mom and dads is more important since they are getting up there in age... There are times when family must come first !!!

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT -- come game time I'll be setting on the couch and watching the NFL network, and watching the Chiefs whip some butt so bad --- that the NFL Network won't have the Chiefs on NFL Replay !!!

patteeu
11-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Taking my family over to my parents' house for dinner in the afternoon. My kids will get a chance to play with their out-of-town cousins all day. I plan to watch as much of the afternoon games as possible (everything except for actual dinner time). Then stick around and watch the Chiefs game that night with my parents, my brother, and my sister. I may have my wife drive a second car so she can head home early (halftime?) if she wants because she likes to hit the sack pretty early. The kids will probably stick it out with me.

On Saturday, going to the MU vs KU football game.

I hope it's a great week. :toast:

burt
11-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Deep fry a turkey, while Mrs. Mercer does the rest of the dinner. Eat early, watch the Chiefs game with Crown...but not too much, don't want to forget how it ends.

Stewie
11-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Watching football most of the day on Thursday. We're doing Thanksgiving on Friday due to some family members having to work. I'm pretty sure turkey tastes the same on Friday as Thursday... at least I hope so.

Easy 6
11-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Having the get together at home, chow down and listen to the game like Bugeater while trying to avoid a L-Tryptophan induced nap thru the whole thing.