6 Dallas @ 3 Seattle

Winner of 5 v. 4 @ 2 NY Giants
Winner of 6 v. 3 @ 1 Chicago

hypersensitiveZO6
11-19-2006, 11:42 PM
3 from the west

OnTheWarpath15
11-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Hopefully it still looks like that 6 weeks from now.....

And if I can be picky, how 'bout Baltimore drops to the 3rd seed. Don't know why, but would rather play there than SD......

hypersensitiveZO6
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
most definitely ravens

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 11:51 PM
The cheatin Donks will fade away and miss the Playoffs.

tk13
11-20-2006, 12:14 AM
cdcox would have the particulars... but just looking it over, I think 10-6 might actually get you in. People were worried about that, but I still think the 6 seed in the AFC could be 10-6. Of course watch the Chiefs do that and lose a tiebreaker.

I wouldn't necessarily favor any 4-6 taams... but, I think things have tightened a bit from recent weeks, and now there are a few teams people considered finished.. and now they are only 2 games out of the last wildcard spot and looking to make a run to 10-6.

*Denver 7-3
*Kansas City 6-4
Jacksonville 5-4
Cincinnati 5-5
NY Jets 5-5
Buffalo 4-6
Miami 4-6
Pittsburgh 4-6

Jacksonville losing to the Giants would be nice. Still, it might come down to that final week. Jacksonville doesn't have an easy schedule either though. They play the Giants tomorrow, then 4 of the last 6 on the road. And the two home games in that stretch are New England and Indy. Good luck. Cincy's schedule continues to be brutal, they still have Baltimore, and Indy/Denver on the road. The Jets definitely have the easiest schedule I think, although they have a tough back/back road trip to Minn/Miami.. To be honest if any of the 4-6 teams made a run, I'd pick Miami. They're playing well and have most of their tough games at home... and they'll get Indy in week 17 when they'll probably be resting guys. I think they'd at least drop one game somewhere to finish 9-7 at best.

Chiefs don't have an easy schedule either really, Denver, Baltimore, San Diego, Jacksonville... but at least three of those are at home. For all the talk about playing well on the road, we have to defend Arrowhead to make the playoffs.

cdcox
11-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Nice take, TK13.

If we end up tied with someon at 10-6, I sure hope it is Jacksonville. Cincinnati will beat us on head to head; the Jets will beat us on conference record. Pitt and Miam also have tiebreakers on us, but I don't think they get to 10-6 to begin with.

The Jets worry me as much as anyone right now, because if they get hot, their schedule offers little resistance.

tk13
11-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, really they had a chance to beat Chicago today... I don't know what Mangini was thinking. Scoreless game at halftime... a chance to beat a team who's destroying everybody. Then they try to get cute with an onside kick to open the 2nd half, Chicago's offense wakes up and takes the lead. I'm sure he's gonna get ripped for that in the NY media all week.

RINGLEADER
11-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Nice take, TK13.

If we end up tied with someon at 10-6, I sure hope it is Jacksonville. Cincinnati will beat us on head to head; the Jets will beat us on conference record. Pitt and Miam also have tiebreakers on us, but I don't think they get to 10-6 to begin with.

The Jets worry me as much as anyone right now, because if they get hot, their schedule offers little resistance.

Yeah I saw a stat on the pre-game show that had New York's schedule and the Jets didn't play a team with more than 4 wins the rest of the way. It really looked like every remaining game fell into that "game they should win" category.

I think Cincy will fade. I don't think Pittsburgh or Miami have a chance -- they've won the past few weeks but they still have no offense and Rothlisberger still is playing like crap.

Jacksonville could be there but if we beat them in week 17 we'd hold the tie-breaker.

I actually think Denver could fade out completely. A week from next Sunday they could be on a three-game losing stream sitting with a 7-5 record.

BigRedChief
11-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Doesn't really matter does it? Even if we get to the playoffs we will have to win on the road against SD, NE, Indy and or DEN. Does anyone here really think we can do that?

Marco Polo
11-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Doesn't really matter does it? Even if we get to the playoffs we will have to win on the road against SD, NE, Indy and or DEN. Does anyone here really think we can do that?

Yes it does matter. Any fan that would prefer for their team to sit at home during the playoffs is not a fan and shouldn't watch sports. I'm a Cardinals fan, look at what they did this year in baseball.

BigRedChief
11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes it does matter. Any fan that would prefer for their team to sit at home during the playoffs is not a fan and shouldn't watch sports. I'm a Cardinals fan, look at what they did this year in baseball.Sorry dude but you are wrong and pulling out a "real" fan would want this refrence is a little over the top.

Football is not basketball or baseball. Yes, you can get hot and get on a roll when you reach the tourney in those sports and win it all but its just not the same. If you haven't proved in the regular aseason you can go on the road and beat teams on a consistent basis you can't realistically expect to do that in the playoffs.

No one wants to just make the playoffs and then get their asses handed to them and embrassed on national TV. Losing to Miami, having to come from behind to beat the cards, last second interception needed to win at home against one of the worst offsenses in the history of the NFL, not gonna happen.

Now there still is time and the schedule is favorable. They play SD close on the road but lose and win out, maybe they will have some mojo to win on the road in the playoffs.

BigRedChief
11-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Espn's playoff picture.

1. Indianapolis
2. Baltimore
3. San Diego
4. New England
5. Denver
6. Kansas City
7. Jacksonville
8. Cincinnati
9. N.Y. Jets

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613

siberian khatru
11-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Making the playoffs after suffering a ton of key injuries would be a terrific accomplishment, regardless of whether we go out in the first round.

jidar
11-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Sorry dude but you are wrong and pulling out a "real" fan would want this refrence is a little over the top.

NO YOU'RE WRONG, AND YOUR MOTHER IS SORRY SHE HAD YOU.

All right I'm not going to try to say what a real fan is. After all, who am I to judge? So instead I'll just say there are multiple types of fans.

For instance there are the types of fans who don't want to see their team make the playoffs because they can't handle the heartache of a loss. Now again, I'm not going to say who is or is not a real fan, so following that train of thought I'm going to be completely unbiased here and just pull a word out of thin air... and label these fans 'pussies'.

Yes, "Pussies" fits well.

the Talking Can
11-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Making the playoffs after suffering a ton of key injuries would be a terrific accomplishment, regardless of whether we go out in the first round.

absolutely

NUMBER7
11-20-2006, 10:38 AM
cdcox would have the particulars... but just looking it over, I think 10-6 might actually get you in. People were worried about that, but I still think the 6 seed in the AFC could be 10-6. Of course watch the Chiefs do that and lose a tiebreaker.

I wouldn't necessarily favor any 4-6 taams... but, I think things have tightened a bit from recent weeks, and now there are a few teams people considered finished.. and now they are only 2 games out of the last wildcard spot and looking to make a run to 10-6.

*Denver 7-3
*Kansas City 6-4
Jacksonville 5-4
Cincinnati 5-5
NY Jets 5-5
Buffalo 4-6
Miami 4-6
Pittsburgh 4-6

Jacksonville losing to the Giants would be nice. Still, it might come down to that final week. Jacksonville doesn't have an easy schedule either though. They play the Giants tomorrow, then 4 of the last 6 on the road. And the two home games in that stretch are New England and Indy. Good luck. Cincy's schedule continues to be brutal, they still have Baltimore, and Indy/Denver on the road. The Jets definitely have the easiest schedule I think, although they have a tough back/back road trip to Minn/Miami.. To be honest if any of the 4-6 teams made a run, I'd pick Miami. They're playing well and have most of their tough games at home... and they'll get Indy in week 17 when they'll probably be resting guys. I think they'd at least drop one game somewhere to finish 9-7 at best.

Chiefs don't have an easy schedule either really, Denver, Baltimore, San Diego, Jacksonville... but at least three of those are at home. For all the talk about playing well on the road, we have to defend Arrowhead to make the playoffs.

KUDOS Dude....I think you have nailed what needs to happen. We pretty much control out destiny at Arrowhead.:clap:

cdcox
11-20-2006, 10:51 AM

Beyond that, if we were getting healthy and in sync at the time the playoffs started, we could make a little noise. The playoffs always favor the "hot" team, more than those holding homefield advantage (1997 Donks, 2000 Ravens, 2001 Patriots, 2006 Steelers). Granted the Chiefs have never proven they can win on the road, but we've yet to see a healthy version of Edward's Chiefs.

siberian khatru
11-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Beyond that, if we were getting healthy and in sync at the time the playoffs started, we could make a little noise. The playoffs always favor the "hot" team, more than those holding homefield advantage (1997 Donks, 2000 Ravens, 2001 Patriots, 2006 Steelers). Granted the Chiefs have never proven they can win on the road, but we've yet to see a healthy version of Edward's Chiefs.

Maybe Roaf would un-retire right before the playoffs! ;)

KC Kings
11-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Football is not basketball or baseball. Yes, you can get hot and get on a roll when you reach the tourney in those sports and win it all but its just not the same. If you haven't proved in the regular aseason you can go on the road and beat teams on a consistent basis you can't realistically expect to do that in the playoffs.

If we made the play-offs we could have a healthy Green, healthy TG, healthy DJ, and healthy Hali, all playing in the same game.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Maybe Roaf would un-retire right before the playoffs! ;)
i don't want him anymore

if we make the playoffs he can just keep his jumbo-eatin' arse at home on the couch.

RealSNR
11-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Actually, I think that's wrong. If the winner of 6 vs. 3 is the 3rd seed, then they would play #2. It'd be 4 vs. 1 and 3 vs. 2 in the divisional round.

But yeah....

thepascalblaze
11-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I dunno' about real fan"ness," but I would love to get in to the post season and at least knock out some higher seeded team(s). I'm kinda hopin' for a reverse of that late 90's season ('97?) when Harbaugh (sp?) got hot with the colts and upset some team on the way to knock the Chiefs out, at Arrowhead, in a heartbreaking 13-3 season. I wanna' see Peyton taste that pain. If it ends there, it would be more than I realistically expected, less than I hoped for, and way better than missing the playoffs for fear of being embarrassed on national TV.