PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?! MNF completely sucks.

jjjayb
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
What is this, a frigging late night talk show? It wasn't bad enough to have one guest in the booth for 20 minutes of the game. Tonight they've brought in their second guest. Can't we just make MNF about the frigging game and not some place to pimp your newest album, movie, book, tv show etc....

What's next, a monologue and then a musical performance between guests? :cuss:

Deberg_1990
11-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Its getting bad..........just horrible.

If i wanted to watch JayZ id channel surf to BET.

Halfcan
11-20-2006, 10:02 PM
MNF has sucked for years-they jumped the shark with Dennis Miller.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Sunday Night is the new Monday.

|Zach|
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Its getting bad..........just horrible.

If i wanted to watch JayZ id channel surf to any music channel that doesn't play country.
Fixed your post.

stumppy
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
It's got so bad I wish they'd bring Dennis Miller back.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Sunday Night is the new Monday.

Exactly....Im really liking NBC's presentation. They make it feel like an "event" and they seem to realize that people actually watch football for good football games. Not to see the latest entertainers pimp their latest TV show, movie or CD.

KChiefs1
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
SNF > MNF

cjp27
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I still like Monday Night Football, if only because it gives me an excuse to drink on Mondays.

The matchups have almost all sucked (I about shot myself during the SEA/Oak game, and the announcers are brutal.

Ultra Peanut
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
WE USED TO BE BFFS

WHAT HAPPENED?!

jjjayb
11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
and the announcers are brutal.

We are not. Yes we are. We are not. We are too. We are not. Yes we are. We are not. We are too.

We'll, when I played football you had to be tough. I was better than anyone playing the game today.

Is about how a typical MNF game sounds these days. These anouncers really really really suck. Theisman is the most annoying anouncer on the planet. I don't know if a game with Sterling Sharpe AND Randy Cross anouncing together would even be more annoying than this asshat and his partner.

Speaking of. Has Randy Cross anounced any of our games this season?

Raiderhater
11-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I still like Monday Night Football, if only because it gives me an excuse to drink on Mondays.

The matchups have almost all sucked (I about shot myself during the SEA/Oak game, and the announcers are brutal.

What? How could you not enjoy the raiders getting their asses whupped on prime time?

Raiderhater
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Speaking of. Has Randy Cross anounced any of our games this season?

The first one. He thought the hit on Green was a good clean hit not deserving of a flag.

Bugeater
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
MNF has sucked for years-they jumped the shark with Dennis Miller.
That was actually the last time I enjoyed MNF.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I am fugging tired of listening to these guys give excuses for the pansy ass fans of Jacksonville leave because its cold............

Suck it up you sorry bastards!!

"It is 40* here, and the wind chill must be 30*"

Can't wait for the Jags to come to Arrowhead for the last game if they are as pussy for the cold as their fans!

stevieray
11-20-2006, 10:41 PM
the monday night game has been sold out to soap opera tv.

the game will always be king, no matter how bad tags and espn have tried to make it about the players first.

cjp27
11-20-2006, 10:45 PM
What? How could you not enjoy the raiders getting their asses whupped on prime time?

Oh, I enjoyed the ass whipping, it was just a painful game to watch. Probably the ugliest game I've ever seen.

Chiefnj
11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Sunday night football in previous years was in no way as bad as MNF is this year. I find it hard to believe that Paul Maguire is the difference. It seems like ESPN must have hired some programming and marketing director with a non-sports background. Every week they have these useless celebrity interviews that seem to take 10+ minutes. The game gets ignored while the interview takes place.

Bwana
11-21-2006, 08:37 AM
I agree and didn't even turn on the TV last night. It has gone down hill faster and harder than a fat man rolling down a flight of stairs. The only way I put myself through that torture, is if there are playoff implications that I care about at the end of the year. They have assembled an absolutely horrid staff and I would also agree on other peoples take on the “guests.” I don’t tune in to hear what some waste of skin celebrity is doing, or to find out what the book of the month is, I (GASP) tune in to watch football. The novel concept of calling a football game has dissipated to the point where football is no long the primary objective with the current MNF staff.

Dr. Van Halen
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Now, wait a minute. Al Michaels and John Madden are horrible. Michaels has made a career on the notion that he and his show are more important than the game. Plus, he's a baseball guy at heart -- you can always tell.

Madden is not only senile, he's a Raider. Enough said.

hawkchief
11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
No worries, we do have the Packers and Seahawks next week. Woooo hoooo!!! Another opportunity to see Brett Favre look awful. Just pathetic.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Dennis Miller would be welcome entertainment...

SNF has all the real good matchups now.