PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs v. Ravens (Flex Schedule)

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Not to look ahead; but an annoucement should be made after this week. What are the probabilities that the game will be moved on the flex schedule to the Sun. night game? CBS that week will have the Broncos@Chargers that day as well. You would think they would want to protect that game since they can protect one game a week and it being the late game would be the national game I am sure.

The only other game that week with real playoff implications is Indy@Jacksonville.

I think it would be great for them to move the Chiefs game to the SNF slot. Back to back primetime games for the Chiefs and 3 out of 4!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Depends on what we do between then. If we drop this one, unlikely we'll get.

chiefsfan987
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
If those are their choices they'll pick Indy / Jacksonville. You can't ever get too much peyton manning.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Saints vs. Cowboys will be the SNF more than likely. Reggie Bush lovefest along with the Cowboys.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
More primetime games at Arrowhead are good. It gets the players more focused.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Why are the Broncos on primetime so much? Are they trying to expose Plummer as the fraud he is? Because everyone in America already knows.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-20-2006, 11:09 PM

True; I am making the assumption that the Chiefs win the next 2.

KChiefs1
11-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Baltimore being 8-2 helps & when the Chiefs beat the Donkos they'll be 7-4.

We'll find out next Tuesday....

tk13
11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
There are some good choices that week. I'm not sure which game CBS is going to choose to protect. I don't think the Chiefs game will be it, but maybe one of the other two. So far it looks like the Colts and Broncos are alternating flex schedule games.

Either way, Ravens/Chiefs will be the biggest game in its timeslot. Only problem will be that it might compete with the other 1 pm regional games. Really, if the Broncos game gets chosen, we should get moved to the national 4 pm game, but maybe they could put the Colts there for the 314th time.

KChiefs1
11-20-2006, 11:33 PM
You are going to see a lot of Colt, Charger, Patriot & Bronco games...

Thig Lyfe
11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
No sense in protecting chargers/broncos as I doubt NBC would want the exact same matchup twice in four weeks.

Basileus777
11-20-2006, 11:36 PM
NFC teams should be banned from Sunday night until the conference ceases to be a joke.

tk13
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Good news is, this year the NFL finally came to their senses.... and allowed both FOX and CBS to have a doubleheader the last week of the season. I don't know why it took them so long to figure that out. So if comes down to Chiefs/Jags for the wildcard... I'd guess we'll definitely either be the Sunday night game or a national 4pm game on CBS. I'm pretty confident in that, not sure about the rest of these games though.

|Zach|
11-20-2006, 11:45 PM
NFC teams should be banned from Sunday night until the conference ceases to be a joke.
:clap:

boltpower 21
11-21-2006, 03:11 AM
There are some other good matches in week 14 (Panthers vs Giants and Indy vs Jacksonville). The Denver vs San Diego game cannot be moved because after the Denver vs Seattle game in two weeks, Denver has maxed out their number of prime time appearances allowed.

I think the Week 15 Chiefs vs Chargers game looks to be a lock for the flex schedule (unless it's being protected) especially if KC knocks off Denver on Thursday. The Eagles vs Giants looked good a couple of weeks ago but it looks like that might be a stinker now.

Week 15

Cleveland at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.
Detroit at Green Bay 1:00 p.m.
Houston at New England 1:00 p.m.
Jacksonville at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.
Miami at Buffalo 1:00 p.m.
N.Y. Jets at Minnesota 1:00 p.m.
Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants 1:00 p.m.
Pittsburgh at Carolina 1:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Chicago 1:00 p.m.
Washington at New Orleans 1:00 p.m.
Denver at Arizona 4:05 p.m.
Kansas City at San Diego 4:05 p.m.
St. Louis at Oakland 4:15 p.m.

tk13
11-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Yeah, Chiefs/Chargers is a possibility too. What sucks about that week, is it's a FOX doubleheader week... so it doesn't have a shot to be a national game unless it's SNF, and there really aren't any other decent games that week. Might get a NYJ/Minnesota Sunday Night game.

alanm
11-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Yep. Just like the week leading up to the Miami game everyone was overlooking Miami, passing it off as a win and look what happened.

Worry about Denver. I couldn't give a shit about where and when we play. Win the f*cking game and then worry about what time we play. :cuss: :cuss:

HMc
11-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Playing at night is different but who cares whether its 1pm or 4pm or the national game or whatever?

ExtremeChief
11-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Yep. Just like the week leading up to the Miami game everyone was overlooking Miami, passing it off as a win and look what happened.

Worry about Denver. I couldn't give a shit about where and when we play. Win the f*cking game and then worry about what time we play. :cuss: :cuss:

I'm pretty sure whether or not we planeteers look ahead past the donkeys game shouldn't affect the outcome.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Chiefs away game with SandyEggo does seem like best one of that day.

6pm Cali time...