PDA

View Full Version : KC D vs Denver?

luv
11-21-2006, 03:14 AM
How do you think our D will line up against Denver? Aren't we getting DJ back? Knight and Sims are currently listed as questionable. Thoughts?

|Zach|
11-21-2006, 03:19 AM
I am hearing some things that DJ may not be back...we'll see...

The thing I worry about most is our interior defensive line getting pushed around. Other than that I think we can take care of this Denver offense.

Warrior5
11-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Good post luv. It's going to take more than our defense to contain the Donks' offense; it'll be a team effort.

Our D held them to 3 FGs in the loss @ Pile High, but both teams have developed as the season has progressed. They aren't the most potent O we've faced (I think that's SD), but they're 4th in the NFL in rushing ypg. Like us, they live off the run. Since our DTs give absolutely no push in the middle, our LBs will be the key in this game. We have to have DJ back for this one, or we'll be hurting.

Walker and Smith are GREAT receivers, but I think our secondary can contain them.

The best way to force them to air it out is for our O to get an early lead.

Our STs absolutely CANNOT give the Donks a short field. Tynes needs to put some ass into his KOs so the Donk returners aren't catching them on the 20. When we do have to punt (and we will), Colquitt has to pin them deep; hopefully he'll put some more left-footed english on the ball and we'll get a fumble.

Don't forget the 12th man; Plummer has played here before, but the crowd still has to do its part with noise.

OldTownChief
11-21-2006, 06:14 AM
With virtually no time to prepare for this game, it's a toss up. It will come down to coaching and heart. Slight edge to us being in Arrowhead.

Gaz
11-21-2006, 07:12 AM
The DT position concerns me.

Plummer may well be the worst staring QB in the NFL [Heh], but even the worst is going to complete passes if he has no one in his face. Given our DT corps, Gunther is going to have to blitz in order to bring any heat. Any when you MUST blitz, you are in trouble.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not want to see another QB dance in the backfield all day long.

Warrior5
11-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Ganz genau, Herr Gaz.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
How do you think our D will line up against Denver? Aren't we getting DJ back? Knight and Sims are currently listed as questionable. Thoughts?I'm guessing the D will line up.....across the LOS from the Broncos offense....

...in a 4-3. Probably Cover 2 much of the time, but with some man and press coverage with some blitzes on occasion. Or not.

Knight? I hope he plays. Sims? Not so much.

I hope the Nacho Cheese is hot at the concession stands. And I hope it's warm enough to wear T-shirts, but cold enough for the broads to be nipping out in the stands.

Know what I mean?

;)

stevieray
11-21-2006, 09:07 AM
sims hurt? must've been when he was running onto the field.

luv
11-21-2006, 10:26 AM
The DT position concerns me.

Plummer may well be the worst staring QB in the NFL [Heh], but even the worst is going to complete passes if he has no one in his face. Given our DT corps, Gunther is going to have to blitz in order to bring any heat. Any when you MUST blitz, you are in trouble.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not want to see another QB dance in the backfield all day long.

How many times did we actually make it to the QB on Sunday just to let him slip through our fingers? Tamba had a few good tackles. I just really hope DJ is back.

jidar
11-21-2006, 10:29 AM
We'll handle em. We're no Chicago, but our D is good enough for those Donkey bastards.

jidar
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
How many times did we actually make it to the QB on Sunday just to let him slip through our fingers? Tamba had a few good tackles. I just really hope DJ is back.

How many times is someone going to bring that up without even giving one once of credit to Aaron Brooks? The guy is a ****ing running QB, he outruns linemen, that's what he's in there for.
In fact, behind Mike Vick he's probably the most mobile starting QB in the league right now.

C-Mac
11-21-2006, 10:46 AM
How many times is someone going to bring that up without even giving one once of credit to Aaron Brooks? The guy is a ****ing running QB, he outruns linemen, that's what he's in there for.
In fact, behind Mike Vick he's probably the most mobile starting QB in the league right now.
He is also bigger and stronger than Vick.

FringeNC
11-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Denver's smallish O-line is not that good at pass protection and Plummer is absolutely god-awful in obvious passing situations.

We just can't get beat deep on 1st and ten and second and third and short.

Actually, both offenses will try to do the same thing: run the ball, and try to occassionally burn the other defense deep when they are cheating up at the line.

Both O-lines struggle at pass protection, but Trent CAN complete passes when the D expects pass. Jake can't.

RockChalk
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
this doesn't have much to do with the thread, but I don't consider my question worthy of it's own thread.

does anyone know if Channel 4 is going to be providing the HD feed of the game? i have NFL Network HD in lawrence, but will be at my parents house in KC. I'm assuming the feed will be the same on 4's HD Channel? Can anyone confirm?

RC

penguinz
I bet Jake pees his pants at least once this game.

Bill S Preston
Shut down their running game by whatever means necessary. Make Plummer beat you, and you will be successful.