PDA

View Full Version : 6 Imams Removed From Twin Cities Flight

Donger
11-21-2006, 10:04 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/21/D8LH9VQO0.html

Six Muslim imams were removed from a US Airways flight at Minneapolis- St. Paul International Airport on Monday and questioned by police for several hours before being released, a leader of the group said.

The six were among passengers who boarded Flight 300, bound for Phoenix, around 6:30 p.m., airport spokesman Pat Hogan said.

A passenger initially raised concerns about the group through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways. She said police were called after the captain and airport security workers asked the men to leave the plane and the men refused.

"They took us off the plane, humiliated us in a very disrespectful way," said Omar Shahin, of Phoenix.

The six Muslim scholars were returning from a conference in Minneapolis of the North American Imams Federation, said Shahin, president of the group. Five of them were from the Phoenix-Tempe area, while one was from Bakersfield, Calif., he said.

Three of them stood and said their normal evening prayers together on the plane, as 1.7 billion Muslims around the world do every day, Shahin said. He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

"I never felt bad in my life like that," he said. "I never. Six imams. Six leaders in this country. Six scholars in handcuffs. It's terrible."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, expressed anger at the detentions.

"CAIR will be filing a complaint with relevant authorities in the morning over the treatment of the imams to determine whether the incident was caused by anti-Muslim hysteria by the passengers and/or the airline crew," Hooper said. "Because, unfortunately, this is a growing problem of singling out Muslims or people perceived to be Muslims at airports, and it's one that we've been addressing for some time."

Hooper said the meeting drew about 150 imams from all over the country, and that those attending included U.S. Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, D-Minneapolis, who just became the first Muslim elected to Congress. Shahin said they went as far as notifying police and the FBI about their meeting in advance.

Shahin expressed frustration that _ despite extensive efforts by him and other Muslim leaders since even before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks _ so many Americans know so little about Islam.

"If up to now they don't know about prayers, this is a real problem," he said.

Reached by cell phone just after his release, Shahin said he didn't know where they would spend the night or how they would try to get back to Phoenix on Tuesday. Hooper said US Airways refused to put the men on another flight.

Hogan said more information would likely be released Tuesday.

The other passengers on the flight, which was carrying 141 passengers and five crew members, were re-screened for boarding, Rader said. The plane took off about three hours after the men were removed from the flight.

Imon Yourside
11-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Tell me who on this board wouldn't have been at least a little "nervous" boarding a plane with these fine fellows?

"nervous"?...

"ya"... (chanting)

"first time"?

"no i've been nervous lots of times".

Iowanian
11-21-2006, 10:08 AM
They'd better hurry and call for retaliation and suicide bombing a chuck E Cheese over the evening loudspeaker.

If a cartoon can cause so much chaos, we're surely all doomed now.

Call it what you want, but I think if I were on a plane and 3 muslims stood up and started chanting, they'd be about 1 "allah akbar" from some Iowanian-fu to the brainstem.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Safe > Sorry.

dirk digler
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I definitely would have complained and been very nervous about them standing up and saying a prayer. For all I know they are praying to Allah before killing someone.

Donger
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
America may be ignorant about Islam, but a group of Muslims standing up and praying on a commercial aircraft is pretty f*cking ignorant too. Unless it was intentional.

I suspect grandstanding.

boogblaster
11-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Once again, let Allen take them to the back of the plane and kick them the the camel-humping nards...

KC Jones
Why is it up to us to know about their prayer ritual?

Why don't they consider the fact that in a post 9-11 world Americans are incredibly apprehensive about muslims on planes standing and praising Allah aloud. Why don't they consider they live in a nation/culture in which they are the minority. If you can't sit and say your prayers quietly, make sure not to book a flight that interferes with your prayer schedule.

Iowanian
They're lucky drinks weren't passed out or they may have found themselves beaten near death by coke cans.

Maybe, to sooth their butthurt, someone should show them a video of 3-4 US airliners crashing into buildings and fields, and some photos and religious affiliation of those responsible.

They drew the attention to themselves with their actions.....Safe, is indeed better than sorry.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 10:14 AM
All insist on flying together too....

How many of these scholars are openly critical of the
Muslims bombing around the world and attacks in IRAQ by insurgence.

I don't hear alot of outrage from them....

Afraid of their own 'Muslims' taking out their relatives or them for speaking.

Redrum_69
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
What is an "Imam?"

Bugeater
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I like how they fail to acknowledge the fact that they share a religion with a group of people who killed over 3,000 Americans just a few years ago in the name of said religion.

Iowanian
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Their sort of like uncleaned, hairy versions of yourmom.

Donger
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
What is an "Imam?"

A Muslim 'leader.' Kind of like a Jewish rabbi or Catholic priest.

Bob Dole
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
So now members of the Nation of Islam really are Muslims?

It's all very confusing to a cracker.

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I realize that all muslims aren't suicide bombers, and that christianity has JUST as many nutjobs as islam does (abortion clinic bombers, militia guys talking to god on a two way radio)... however, for them to be shocked at this is pure idiocy--

Imon Yourside
11-21-2006, 10:22 AM
So now members of the Nation of Islam really are Muslims?

It's all very confusing to a cracker.

No they are only emams

sort of like a block emamother

they have their own day known as emamothers day

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2006, 10:23 AM
shit i'd be a little nervous too if three guys with long beards and tourbouns starting praying right before take-off. Call me paranoid.

jidar
11-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Being educated and intelligent, no it wouldn't have bothered me.

Iowanian
11-21-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15829846/

chagrin
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I suspect the DC freaks will arrive any second now to defend these people against the ignorance of America.

Bwana
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Good and they were surprised?

HemiEd
11-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Good, I am not interested in learning about Islam. I am still pissed about the fries at McDonalds.

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
What if it was a cat with a toubon and a long beard? and maybe an assault weapon on it's back?

StcChief
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Send these Camel humpin Sand N----- packing if they don't like it.
We really won't miss them in the USA.

Bob Dole
11-21-2006, 10:36 AM
No they are only emams

sort of like a block emamother

they have their own day known as emamothers day

Bob Dole was referring specifically to the attendance of Keith Hakim...er, Keith X...er, Keith Ellison-Muhammed....er, Congressman Keith Ellison.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Fuk them - seriously, what the fuk did they think was going to happen?

What a bunch of dumbasses just craving for attention - wait til you land or do it before you fukin dumbasses

Donger
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM

I could be mistaken, but I think that the five daily prayers (salat?) do not have to be given at any specific time if one is not in a mosque. It's merely 'after sunrise but before noon' for example. If that's the case, these men didn't have to pray when (and where) they did.

C-Mac
11-21-2006, 10:39 AM

Why don't they consider the fact that in a post 9-11 world Americans are incredibly apprehensive about muslims on planes standing and praising Allah aloud. Why don't they consider they live in a nation/culture in which they are the minority. If you can't sit and say your prayers quietly, make sure not to book a flight that interferes with your prayer schedule.

:thumb:
They equally must be aware of their surroundings and certainly should not be surprised about the concerns from others.

BIG_DADDY
11-21-2006, 10:49 AM

"They took us off the plane, humiliated us in a very disrespectful way," said Omar Shahin, of Phoenix.

ROFL Give me a break, what a drama queen.

Bob Dole
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM
ROFL Give me a break, what a drama queen.

They should be thanking Allah that they were just on a plane and not in a UCLA library.

Troy1220
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Last year during Ramadan I flew from Nairobi to Ethiopia with over 200 Muslims. I was a little freaked out when they all started standing and going through their prayer routines. Me and my buddy were the only Americans on the flight. We were the only ones served a meal, because muslims fast from sun-up to sun-down. Yeah, we felt a little out of place as we ate our baked chicken.

Troy

Redrum_69
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Its a good thing Michael Richards wasnt on the plane.

I heard he was on Letterman last night while Jerry Seinfeld was promoting the season 7 dvd of Seinfeld out today. Richards was trying to apologize and the audience was laughing thinking it was a joke. Jerry even said "this isnt funny, stop laughing." Richards was apologizing for the "hatred" etc.

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
America may be ignorant about Islam, but a group of Muslims standing up and praying on a commercial aircraft is pretty f*cking ignorant too. Unless it was intentional.

I suspect grandstanding.Either that, or they were probing our response.

vailpass
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Can any of you say you wouldn't have reacted the same way if you were stuck on a plane with this guy?

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 11:00 AM
What is an "Imam?"I believe that is what you exclaim when you opened the door to your mothers bedroom.

BigRedChief
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Anytime there is a complaint about profiling we should do what Mencia recommends. Put pictures of all the 9/11 hijackers on the wall at the screning stations and everytime an arab complains about profiling say HElllooooo and point to the pictures.
A group of Arabs in full arabic dress praying together in ritualistic fashion onboard an airplane? NAH, that wouldn't make anyone nervous.

Iowanian
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
These Imams might have wanted to consider decorum, their surroundings and things they're saying that might make others uncomfortbale. You might want to think about that also.

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I suspect the DC freaks will arrive any second now to defend these people against the ignorance of America.THank goodness the Democrats are in power now, we can stop all this bigotry.

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 11:04 AM
We really won't miss them in the USA.Time for you to go on David Letterman and apoligise.

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think that the five daily prayers (salat?) do not have to be given at any specific time if one is not in a mosque. It's merely 'after sunrise but before noon' for example. If that's the case, these men didn't have to pray when (and where) they did.I wonder what the koran has to say about how to behave when being a guest in someone elses home?

This unshowered fools in dirty night shirts are in OUR country, as John Cougar likes to point out.

Demonpenz
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
like the passage says in the koran tough titty's

Sydd
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM

I suspect grandstanding.

Exactly. If there were truly leaders of Islam, they need to recognize the fact that their religion has a pretty bad outlook right now. Did they really think that acting that way on a plane would not cause an issue?

I don't think Allah would be too upset if their prayers were a little late because they did not want to panic a few hundred people.

They can cry religious intolerance all they want, but this is a two way street. They have to take responsibility for some of the things that they do.

Calcountry
11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Exactly. If there were truly leaders of Islam, they need to recognize the fact that their religion has a pretty bad outlook right now. Did they really think that acting that way on a plane would not cause an issue?

I don't think Allah would be too upset if their prayers were a little late because they did not want to panic a few hundred people.

They can cry religious intolerance all they want, but this is a two way street. They have to take responsibility for some of the things that they do.Looks to me that they are deliberately trying to start shit. It's just too bad that nobody is willing to give it to them.

jidar
11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
What if it was a cat with a toubon and a long beard? and maybe an assault weapon on it's back?

I don't ****in trust cats. Always lookin at you like they don't know what you're saying, but they know. You and I both know they know.

jidar
11-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think that the five daily prayers (salat?) do not have to be given at any specific time if one is not in a mosque. It's merely 'after sunrise but before noon' for example. If that's the case, these men didn't have to pray when (and where) they did.

On the other hand, that guy is probably on www.camelplanet.com posting on the forums with:

"what the **** difference does it make when I pray? I'm not going to let a bunch of dumb Americans tell me when I can and can't ****ing pray to god damned Allah. What is this shit?"

InChiefsHeaven
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I realize that all muslims aren't suicide bombers, and that christianity has JUST as many nutjobs as islam does (abortion clinic bombers, militia guys talking to god on a two way radio)... however, for them to be shocked at this is pure idiocy--

Just as many? You MUST be kidding. I'd have to say that the number of nutjob Christians blowing up abortion clinics would be DRASTICALLY less than nutjob Muslims doing the suicide bomb thing.

Rain Man
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Last year during Ramadan I flew from Nairobi to Ethiopia with over 200 Muslims. I was a little freaked out when they all started standing and going through their prayer routines. Me and my buddy were the only Americans on the flight. We were the only ones served a meal, because muslims fast from sun-up to sun-down. Yeah, we felt a little out of place as we ate our baked chicken.

Troy

Did you make a lot of noise while you were eating, like on those bad Carl's, Jr. commercials?

Rain Man
11-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Hey! You stole my post.

Rain Man
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM

When I went to Cairo back in 2001 (a few months before 9/11), I had a guide who gave us all sorts of information about Islam, most of which I've forgotten.

One thing that was interesting, though, was that there are five times a day in which people are supposed to pray. In Cairo, there are loudspeakers all over the city, and five times a day, there are "calls to prayer". Yet as we walked the streets, 99 percent of people ignored them. I asked our guide why everyone wasn't praying, and she said that, while they're "supposed" to pray at those times, in realistic terms they can basically pray any time within a specific window of time. (I presume before the next call to prayer starts.) I thought it was kind of lazy of them - either get out of the cab and pray, or become Episcopalian.

The other cool thing she told us was about this big black box in Mecca that's supposedly the size of a large hut. Apparently it contains some sort of big bad Islamic voodoo magic, and it's always got pilgrims circling it and stuff. Apparently only their version of the pope and his football buddies are allowed inside, and they aren't allowed to say what's in there. My bet is that it's just got some dusty old bones with a sign that says, "This is Mohammad", or it's got some ancient text that says that Islam is a fraud, but if they keep their mouths shut they can keep driving the Mercedes. I think it'd be cool to get some special forces guys in there to redecorate it as a 70s-era dorm room or something. Or better yet, hijack a plane and crash it into the thing.

siberian khatru
11-21-2006, 01:18 PM
The other cool thing she told us was about this big black box in Mecca that's supposedly the size of a large hut. Apparently it contains some sort of big bad Islamic voodoo magic, and it's always got pilgrims circling it and stuff. Apparently only their version of the pope and his football buddies are allowed inside, and they aren't allowed to say what's in there. My bet is that it's just got some dusty old bones with a sign that says, "This is Mohammad", or it's got some ancient text that says that Islam is a fraud, but if they keep their mouths shut they can keep driving the Mercedes. I think it'd be cool to get some special forces guys in there to redecorate it as a 70s-era dorm room or something. Or better yet, hijack a plane and crash it into the thing.

http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/wizard_oz_curtain.jpg

Hydrae
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I agree with the tenor of most of the replies so far but I also have to shake my head at USAirways for their handling things after the fact:

Reached by cell phone just after his release, Shahin said he didn't know where they would spend the night or how they would try to get back to Phoenix on Tuesday. Hooper said US Airways refused to put the men on another flight.

Eleazar
11-21-2006, 01:24 PM
She said police were called after the captain and airport security workers asked the men to leave the plane and the men refused.

Well dumbass, if you're asked to leave the plane and you refuse to do so, chances are you are going to be hauled out in cuffs. I mean, hey, this is just common sense from an infidel, but maybe something to consider.

bogie
11-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I suspect that if I stood up in a plane and started saying the Lord's Prayer out loud, it would provoke another passenger to report concern. I'd probably be asked to leave as well, if I refused, I would probably be escorted off the plane. These people are just stupid.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 01:28 PM

Time for you to go on David Letterman and apoligise.

:rolleyes:

I have contracted with the now out of work Michael Richards to do my apology live on Letterman....

so look for that in a future episode. Don't hold your breathe.
:p

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Just as many? You MUST be kidding. I'd have to say that the number of nutjob Christians blowing up abortion clinics would be DRASTICALLY less than nutjob Muslims doing the suicide bomb thing.

you apparently don't remember the big fuss over the montana and michigan militia movement(s) in the mid 90's or so after david koresh and his cult bit the big one--it was a HUGE issue for most of mainstream america

the overwhelming majority of christians don't believe in terrorism to solve the abortion issue... just like the overwhelming majority of islamics don't believe in terrorism as the solution to the problems of the middle east... the problem is that the lack of numbers is magnified by the media and the fact that 'the squeeky wheel gets the grease,' and/or media attention (just like bad news sells better than good news)

KC-TBB
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, But...which would you rather???Ginger or Mary Ann?

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
you apparently don't remember the big fuss over the montana and michigan militia movement(s) in the mid 90's or so after david koresh and his cult bit the big one--it was a HUGE issue for most of mainstream america

the overwhelming majority of christians don't believe in terrorism to solve the abortion issue... just like the overwhelming majority of islamics don't believe in terrorism as the solution to the problems of the middle east... the problem is that the lack of numbers is magnified by the media and the fact that 'the squeeky wheel gets the grease,' and/or media attention (just like bad news sells better than good news)

There aren't anywhere near as many radical Christians as there are radical muslims. Not even close.

I'll give you Eric Rudolph, but the militias aren't driven by Christianity. They are driven by their hate of overbearing government. Not even Tim McVeigh was a radical Christian.

These militia groups are villanized by the government because the government knows that militias are used to over throw state and national leaders.

Christians and Muslims are apples and oranges.

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
What do muslims expect? For Christs sake, start policing your own so we don't have to.

InChiefsHeaven
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
There aren't anywhere near as many radical Christians as there are radical muslims. Not even close.

I'll give you Eric Rudolph, but the militias aren't driven by Christianity. They are driven by their hate of overbearing government. Not even Tim McVeigh was a radical Christian.

These militia groups are villanized by the government because the government knows that militias are used to over throw state and national leaders.

Exactly. These Militias do not do what they do in the name of Christianity, like it is a part of their religion. This idea that "radical" Christians and radical Muslims are two sides of the same coin is ridiculous. The worst you are going to get out of radical Christians is some name calling and finger pointing about who is going to hell. The radical Muslims will do their level best to send you and who cares who else there...all while going to heaven themselves.

There is no comparison. People who say that there is are being intellectualy dishonest, to say the least.

InChiefsHeaven
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
What do muslims expect? For Christs sake, start policing your own so we don't have to.

Would that be "for Mohammad's sake"?

boogblaster
11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Ali is dead ....

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Exactly. These Militias do not do what they do in the name of Christianity, like it is a part of their religion. This idea that "radical" Christians and radical Muslims are two sides of the same coin is ridiculous. The worst you are going to get out of radical Christians is some name calling and finger pointing about who is going to hell. The radical Muslims will do their level best to send you and who cares who else there...all while going to heaven themselves.

There is no comparison. People who say that there is are being intellectualy dishonest, to say the least.

I agree. Radical Christians push the very limits of the 1st Amendment, radical muslims kill innocent people.

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Would that be "for Mohammad's sake"?

If there is a heaven, Mohammad runs the car wash.

StcChief
11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, But...which would you rather???Ginger or Mary Ann?
Ginger or Mary Ann .....Both.... :p

The live Muslims get camels....

the Martryed Muslims gets the 72 not so hot 'virgin' women.

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 03:08 PM

heh--didn't mean to turn this into a religious thread at ALL--but it's interesting how pointing out radical behavior by christians makes some people uncomfortable--

the militia groups all affiliate themselves with the 'extreme' right wing of the conservative party (for the most part)--yes, they're against overbearing government--however, they glean their actions and beliefs from previous 'freedom fighters.' among them? adolph hitler... a man who got his anti-semitism partly from the most bloody church ever to be--the catholic church and their anti-jewish stance since, well, forever...

let me be extremely blunt here--people have been killing in the name of god for as long as monotheism has existed (and before that as well due to blood sacrifice, be they human and animal). The jewish people slaughtered the people they took over due to their not believing in Yhwh. Christianity (catholism in particular) has been killing jews, justified by the fact that 'they killed jesus, god must hate them.' muslims have been killing people who don't agree with them since Muhammed had to fight to keep his 'faith' alive (the original reason for jihad)... the killing of people who don't agree with us goes almost to the core of our very humanity itself--

so to call christians and muslims apples and oranges is wrong. they're cut from the same cloth, share much of the same history, share the same god (christianity and islam both branch out of judaeism, arguably the first monotheism in the world [ignoring for a moment the brief flare of monotheism in egypt of akanaten])--sure, there are cultural differences (mostly due to our northwest european ancestry and their middle eastern ancestry--so we're not PURE christians), but at the heart of the issue, islam and christianity are mere sister religions that happen to enjoy killing one another and their mother religion's people, the jewish...

chagrin
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
heh--didn't mean to turn this into a religious thread at ALL--but it's interesting how pointing out radical behavior by christians makes some people uncomfortable--

the militia groups all affiliate themselves with the 'extreme' right wing of the conservative party (for the most part)--yes, they're against overbearing government--however, they glean their actions and beliefs from previous 'freedom fighters.' among them? adolph hitler... a man who got his anti-semitism partly from the most bloody church ever to be--the catholic church and their anti-jewish stance since, well, forever...

let me be extremely blunt here--people have been killing in the name of god for as long as monotheism has existed (and before that as well due to blood sacrifice, be they human and animal). The jewish people slaughtered the people they took over due to their not believing in Yhwh. Christianity (catholism in particular) has been killing jews, justified by the fact that 'they killed jesus, god must hate them.' muslims have been killing people who don't agree with them since Muhammed had to fight to keep his 'faith' alive (the original reason for jihad)... the killing of people who don't agree with us goes almost to the core of our very humanity itself--

so to call christians and muslims apples and oranges is wrong. they're cut from the same cloth, share much of the same history, share the same god (christianity and islam both branch out of judaeism, arguably the first monotheism in the world [ignoring for a moment the brief flare of monotheism in egypt of akanaten])--sure, there are cultural differences (mostly due to our northwest european ancestry and their middle eastern ancestry--so we're not PURE christians), but at the heart of the issue, islam and christianity are mere sister religions that happen to enjoy killing one another and their mother religion's people, the jewish...

Just a side note, you left out the part about the Egyptians, keeping Jews as slaves, brutalizing, raping and torturing them for a at least a Thousand years before the Jews did anything to anyone. Also Christians were thrown to the Lions if they dared confess to believing that Jesus is the Son of God. Muslims are at war with everyone who do not believe and have been since their inception as a religion, the difference is - Christians have ceased simply murdering and beheading people just for not believing. That's the real difference.

While all that may be well and good, this thread isn't about God vs. Allah

This thread is about analyzing why the hell these poeple got on a freaking Airplane and began praying in such a way, they'd be stupid not to know it wouldn't frighten people on board.

No, they weren't too stupid to know, they are obviosuly very clever, using the "Martyr" and drama shit to the max, like they always do. Because they know the ACLU is all over this, it will inflame the radical Muslim world and also motivate lefties everywhere to stand up for them, further dividing our country - HELLO IT'S THEIR OBJECTIVE TO KEEP US DIVIDED.

The point of being an American is that we enjoy freedom, don't pervert that freedom.

Being an American is something that too many people have lost the idea of.

We have to have an identity, I don't go to Africa and demand they walk erect, and serve me a Cheeseburger on a plate and give me a god Damned knife and fork and turn on Tony Bennet as loud as I f*cking want to hear it! I don't do that and when I visit Finland this January, you bet your ass I will respect their culture and their country.

It's about adapting to the culture of the people in the country in which you are visitng or moving to! DAMNIT PEOPLE! These people have to learn that this is a hostile culture we live in right now, pointing to the Islamic nation looking for reasons to get rid of them. They should stop playing games, or get the f*ck out, and I will never apologize for that - ever. F*ck them, play by the rules or leave, period. My family has been here for 200 years and this is my home, I am not going to continue to sit here and listen to people bastardize the freedom my fuggin ancestors died to sustain.

That is all, carry on now guys and gals. :)

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 03:30 PM

That's your problem, you didn't point out anything except that you don't know what your talking about.

A quick google search.

Straight from the Montana Militia web site. http://www.militiaofmontana.com/

Please find where they make reference to Christianity.

Montana officials are weighing charges against a militia group dubbed "Project 7", which allegedly amassed stockpiles of ammunition, weapons and survival gear in a plot to assassinate officials and foment an anti-government revolution.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/03/01/national/main502580.shtml

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Another quick google search on the Michigan Militia.

http://www.michiganmilitia.com/

Please point out where these guys are stock piling ammo in the name of Jesus Christ.

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Yep. (in reference to chagrin)

Hydrae
11-21-2006, 03:36 PM
At least some are speaking out against the radicals of Islam. From this months Reader's Digest:

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=31196

One woman is risking her life to speak the truth about radical Islam.
By Kerry Howley
From Reader's DigestDecember 2006

The Call
Wafa Sultan and her husband, David, were jolted awake by the sound of a ringing telephone. It was just before dawn on a summer morning in 2005, and Wafa couldn't help feeling nervous as she hurried to take the call. Two of their three children had moved to a nearby suburb of Los Angeles to attend college. Were they okay?
A voice on the line identified himself as working for Al Jazeera television, the Arabic-language network based in Qatar which, in ten years, had become the most influential news channel in the Middle East. The producer explained that based on some pieces she had written on Islam and terrorism for his obscure Arabic-language website, a friend of Wafa's had suggested her as a guest on one of the network's programs.

Wafa was stunned. She was not a professional writer, much less a scholar on the Middle East. Though she had grown up in Syria, she had called California home for 16 years, and her days were now completely devoted to her family.

Then again, she did have strong opinions about Islamic extremism, and she was utterly unafraid to express them. So if Al Jazeera wanted to talk to a wife and mother in Los Angeles about this important subject, sure, why not? Wafa accepted. What no one could have guessed was that she was about to become a controversial new voice in the Islamic world -- and for many moderate Muslims, a model of courage.

Wafa Sultan grew up in Baniyas, Syria, a town on the Mediterranean where her father was a local grain trader. Surrounded by protective brothers, she studied hard and rarely stepped outside the bounds of Muslim propriety. But in 1979, as a medical student at Syria's University of Aleppo, she witnessed a crime that changed her forever.

One day, Wafa sat in a lecture hall with 200 other students, listening to her professor of ophthalmology, Yusef Al Yusef. Suddenly she heard the crack of gunfire and then saw her teacher crumple to the floor. A group of men stood next to the body, guns extended, shouting, "God is great! God is great!" in Arabic. The killers, Muslim extremists, quickly ran out, leaving the students staring at their dead instructor.

Deeply troubled by this fundamentalist violence, Wafa was further shaken when she became a doctor in a large hospital. Newly married to an engineering professor, she came home from work with disturbing stories of treating victims of domestic abuse. Women would walk in with black eyes, bruised backs, broken bones. Wafa could mend their wounds and listen to their complaints, but she couldn't discuss openly what she saw as the root cause: a culture that demands total deference to men, amplified by extremist beliefs.

Wafa and her husband, David, began to whisper about leaving Syria in order to escape the growing poverty and religious radicalization around them.

"Talking about finding a new home was our daily bread," says Wafa. It took a decade, but in 1988 David finally got an American visa, flew to California and sent for his family several months later.

Click link for the rest of the article...

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
That's your problem, you didn't point out anything except that you don't know what your talking about.

A quick google search.

Straight from the Montana Militia web site. http://www.militiaofmontana.com/

Please find where they make reference to Christianity.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/03/01/national/main502580.shtml

do yourself a favor some time... walk up to one of those guys and strike up a conversation--I'm sure they're friendly enough if you're white and male--

ask him why this country's f*cked up... you're likely to get a response something like this:

Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk anymore and they won't let us have our guns, as the bible tole' us we could have.

at their very root, like EVERY RACE OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, they use religion as their excuse to be dumbasses--they, however, bemoan the fact that this government got away from the original intent, which is OBVIOUSLY a theocracy (or so they'd have you believe)

CoMoChief
11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
The rules of Islam require you to pray 5 times a day. The Pillars of Islam or something like that is what its called. However there are times and places to do your prayers, and most Islams pray around the same time each day however there are exceptions if you can't pray at a certain time. Given that many Americans are still affected by 9/11, it is common sense and these Islamic people should know this, that you don't yell chants or pray or anything like that on a damn commercial airliner given what happened on Sept 11th. That's almost the same reasoning of not being able to say Bomb! on an airplane. If I was on this flight and I heard them do that my first instinct would be to go over there and tackle them. There is a time and place to do that. You're supposed to be secluded when giving the prayer anyways. An airliner is not the place to do that. They deserved to be thrwn off the plane. You just don't do that because it scares the shit out of everyone else on the plane and creates chaos among the passengers. When people think they are going to die, crazy shit may happen and something bad may happen in flight when originally wasn't supposed to happen.

Duck Dog
11-21-2006, 03:55 PM
do yourself a favor some time... walk up to one of those guys and strike up a conversation--I'm sure they're friendly enough if you're white and male--

ask him why this country's f*cked up... you're likely to get a response something like this:

Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk anymore and they won't let us have our guns, as the bible tole' us we could have.

at their very root, like EVERY RACE OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, they use religion as their excuse to be dumbasses--they, however, bemoan the fact that this government got away from the original intent, which is OBVIOUSLY a theocracy (or so they'd have you believe)

nevermind...dude.

beer bacon
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
So how many people in this thread love the Chevy "This is OUUURRR country" commercial?

Lzen
11-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Great article, Hydrae. Nice to see that there is a Muslim speaking out against radicalism.

Eleazar
11-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk anymore and they won't let us have our guns, as the bible tole' us we could have...

Idiot

Lzen
11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
So how many people in this thread love the Ford "This is OUUURRR country" commercial?

I believe that's a Chevy commercial. But what does this have to do with anything?

mylittlepony
11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I was on a plane to London this summer with 3 imans. The big difference was these guys didnt feel they were Rosa Park refusing to sit at the back of the bus by not imposing their relgion onto everyone. They were very respectful and humble and analyzed the situation and understood that people still are abit afraid.

By not taking everyone for granted and being civil and explained that they were muslims and it was time for them to pray. If everyone was okay with that and told people not to be alarmed and if anyone had any questions about Islam they would happily answer them. Because of this they had a great flight and had a bunch of people talking to them throughout the flight instead of being led of in handcuffs.

Alot of people just seem to feel good about themselves by being victims it takes any real responisibility away from them selves. Just my 2c.

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 10:15 PM
uhhhh, reading comprehension skills guys--when someone says 'it would sound something like this,' and puts a little thing called a colon or semicolon, the person who typed that does NOT mean THEY are saying it--jeesh

ChiefaRoo
11-21-2006, 10:28 PM

Six Muslim imams were removed from a US Airways flight at Minneapolis- St. Paul International Airport on Monday and questioned by police for several hours before being released, a leader of the group said.

The six were among passengers who boarded Flight 300, bound for Phoenix, around 6:30 p.m., airport spokesman Pat Hogan said.

A passenger initially raised concerns about the group through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways. She said police were called after the captain and airport security workers asked the men to leave the plane and the men refused.

The six Muslim scholars were returning from a conference in Minneapolis of the North American Imams Federation, said Shahin, president of the group. Five of them were from the Phoenix-Tempe area, while one was from Bakersfield, Calif., he said.

Three of them stood and said their normal evening prayers together on the plane, as 1.7 billion Muslims around the world do every day, Shahin said. He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

"I never felt bad in my life like that," he said. "I never. Six imams. Six leaders in this country. Six scholars in handcuffs. It's terrible."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, expressed anger at the detentions.

"CAIR will be filing a complaint with relevant authorities in the morning over the treatment of the imams to determine whether the incident was caused by anti-Muslim hysteria by the passengers and/or the airline crew," Hooper said. "Because, unfortunately, this is a growing problem of singling out Muslims or people perceived to be Muslims at airports, and it's one that we've been addressing for some time."

Hooper said the meeting drew about 150 imams from all over the country, and that those attending included U.S. Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, D-Minneapolis, who just became the first Muslim elected to Congress. Shahin said they went as far as notifying police and the FBI about their meeting in advance.

Shahin expressed frustration that _ despite extensive efforts by him and other Muslim leaders since even before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks _ so many Americans know so little about Islam.

"If up to now they don't know about prayers, this is a real problem," he said.

Hogan said more information would likely be released Tuesday.

The other passengers on the flight, which was carrying 141 passengers and five crew members, were re-screened for boarding, Rader said. The plane took off about three hours after the men were removed from the flight.

I'm sick of listening to this "I'm outraged" response by US Muslims. These are educated men. They know the current climate and they understand that airplanes are particularily sensitive places for all of us. For them to gather and pray in arabic on the plane is dumb. They deserve to be questioned. They should of driven a bus and they could done what they wanted. Hell these same Imans would be under threat of death by whichever sectarian group they don't belong to if they were in Iraq now.

KCBOSS1
11-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Seriously, I think that if more than one guy stood up and started to do that, I would start looking for some kind of equalizer. My laptop might become an assault weapon. It would be a pre-emptive move. You know what I mean? Maybe I'm just too intelligent and educated.

Bwana
11-21-2006, 11:01 PM

You are off your ****ing rocker. :shake:

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 11:02 PM
You are off your ****ing rocker. :shake:

reading.comprehension.skills.

Ebolapox
11-21-2006, 11:07 PM
alright--since apparently I can't type what I had meant to type (that, or I didn't make it obvious what I had meant to type), here goes again--

do yourself a favor some time... walk up to a montana militia guy and strike up a conversation--I'm sure they're friendly enough if you're white and male (as they are too--just pointing out that I AM NOT RACIST/ANTI GOVERNMENT)--

ask HIM why this country's f*cked up... you're likely to get a response FROM HIM that will go like this:

(this begins what THEY would say--I AM NOT CONDONING IGNORANCE, just stating the rhetoric I recall hearing when their movement was in the media daily in the mid 90's)

"Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk anymore and they won't let us have our guns, as the bible tole' us we could have."
(ok, that's what THEY would say... note the use of parenthesis... that denotes a direct QUOTE)

at their very root, like EVERY RACE OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, they use religion as their excuse to be dumbasses--they, however, bemoan the fact that this government got away from the original intent, which is OBVIOUSLY a theocracy (or so they'd have you believe) (this last paragraph was TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK--aka, me being a smartass)

FAX
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
There once were 6 Muslims extolling
Islam over traffic controlling.
They turned east for prayer
2 miles in the air
But now they just pray for parolling.

FAX

Duck Dog
11-22-2006, 08:19 AM
--I'm sure they're friendly enough if you're white and male

Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk

Do a little research. I'll help you out by providing a link to the Michigan Militia's website. Do they appear racist to you?

http://www.michiganmilitia.com/merchandise/babes/babes.htm

InChiefsHeaven
11-22-2006, 08:49 AM
alright--since apparently I can't type what I had meant to type (that, or I didn't make it obvious what I had meant to type), here goes again--

do yourself a favor some time... walk up to a montana militia guy and strike up a conversation--I'm sure they're friendly enough if you're white and male (as they are too--just pointing out that I AM NOT RACIST/ANTI GOVERNMENT)--

ask HIM why this country's f*cked up... you're likely to get a response FROM HIM that will go like this:

(this begins what THEY would say--I AM NOT CONDONING IGNORANCE, just stating the rhetoric I recall hearing when their movement was in the media daily in the mid 90's)

"Cause the government got all POLITICAL! they don't care about us white folk anymore and they won't let us have our guns, as the bible tole' us we could have."
(ok, that's what THEY would say... note the use of parenthesis... that denotes a direct QUOTE)

at their very root, like EVERY RACE OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, they use religion as their excuse to be dumbasses--they, however, bemoan the fact that this government got away from the original intent, which is OBVIOUSLY a theocracy (or so they'd have you believe) (this last paragraph was TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK--aka, me being a smartass)

Funny. I took everyones' comments about you being a moron like this: You are a moron for making the assertions you made. Nobody thought that you were speaking for yourself, everyone knew you were making up some shit that you THINK people would say because you have a prejudice against those people. (Not a racial predjudice per se, but a predjudice nonetheless...)

SO when people were calling you a moron, they meant, well...you are a moron.

...I happen to agree, btw.

StcChief
11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
There once were 6 Muslims extolling
Islam over traffic controlling.
They turned east for prayer
2 miles in the air
But now they just pray for parolling.

FAX

FAX The poet.

:clap:

patteeu
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM

JUST as many? I'm skeptical.

patteeu
11-22-2006, 11:25 AM

What a dope. :shake:

Sure you can go back centuries and find plenty of Christian zealots who killed for Christ, but to compare modern day Christian nutjobs with modern day Islamist nutjubs is moronic. Michigan militia? Please. Hitler killed for Christ? Double please.