PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards on Sirius NFL Radio

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
He was on about 30 minutes ago...I'll try to remember what he said.

On Trent Green: Very happy to have Green back. Said he was very impressed with Trent Green's play against the Raiders. Was suprised with his accuracy on the final drive. Green is clutch. He loves to play football, just wants to win games, doesn't care about stats.

Game plan was to run ball on a very good defense >>>> main factor for not stretching the field with Trent.

Sorari last week on managing the winning drive was noted

Larry Johnson: is workhouse, gets going after 20 carries, no very many reps this week, give him a rest

Michael Bennett: expects to get more game reps this week. Liked his play last week. Should be more involved on Thanksgiving.

Bronco D: Said tackles well, great confidence on D. Gets good QB pressure. Good corners, we must run ball

Bronco O: they run the ball, we must stop run, must shut down Walker

Thought Gonzalez is likely to play, other 3 are hopeful, Said we'll find out during today's practice

Thanksgiving game: will come down to the 4th quarter unless there are turnovers, Said we've won 5 of 7 4Q games

Said team will stay in hotel on Thursday, will have TG on Friday, Said turkey is better the day after :) LMAO

That's about it.

FringeNC
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanksgiving game: will come down to the 4th quarter unless there are turnovers, Said we've won 5 of 7 4Q games

I hate that "hang in there 'til the 4th quarter and steal one at the end" mentality. It's fine against the Raiders, but against good teams it's a coin flip at best. At home, your goal should not be a coin flip.

Crush
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the post, we really need both Tony and DJ to come back asap.

Redrum_69
11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
your mom is great with a side of bbq baked beans and a grape soda

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I hate that "hang in there 'til the 4th quarter and steal one at the end" mentality. It's fine against the Raiders, but against good teams it's a coin flip at best. At home, your goal should not be a coin flip.
He's right though. If we get turnovers, it won't be a coin flip.

But I agree--some of these games about give you a heart attack

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
your mom is great with a side of bbq baked beans and a grape soda
Your mom is like a soccer ball is Mexico.

She gets kicked around by 2 teams of mexicans until she get's scored....and then she gets it again

TEX
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM

That's exactly right. Please send your message to Herm.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the post, we really need both Tony and DJ to come back asap.

Waters and Wesley too.

chiefsfan1963
11-21-2006, 11:44 AM

Herm's mentality does not deem well for our chances on Thursday.
The GM in SD has put a major squeeze on Marty's "play not to lose" mentality.and the result is quite apparent.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I really like what Herm has done this year for our team.

He's changed the mentality.

We're getting young players going. We had one hell of a draft.

Redrum_69
11-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Your mom is like a soccer ball is Mexico. She gets kicked around by 2 teams of mexicans until she get's scored....and then she gets it again

here..let me help you with this....

YOur mom is like a soccer ball in Mexico...everyone wants her but cant afford her, once shes bought by someone they toss her into an alley where groups of strangers take turns kicking and passing her from one to the next often bruised in a thick cloud of dust, onlookers chant and yell for more, and in the end both teams lose.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:45 AM

How can you say that?

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM

YOur mom is like a soccer ball in Mexico...everyone wants her but cant afford her, once shes bought by someone they toss her into an alley where groups of strangers take turns kicking and passing her from one to the next often bruised in a thick cloud of dust, onlookers chant and yell for more, and in the end both teams lose.

LMAO

chiefsfan1963
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
How can you say that?

10pts against Miami
17pts against Oakland

Our only chance is Denver lays an egg and turns the ball over. We can no longer win games if we are down 10pts or more.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
10pts against Miami
17pts against Oakland

Our only chance is Denver lays an egg and turns the ball over. We can no longer win games if we are down 10pts or more.
Hell, that's without Brian Waters and TG during the faider game.

Winning is all that matters. Score doens't matter.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Herm also talked about whoever is the most mentality prepared will win the game.

greg63
11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
He's right though. If we get turnovers, it won't be a coin flip.

But I agree--some of these games about give you a heart attack

...Thought I was going to need a defibulator(sp) last game.

Frazod
11-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Herm also talked about whoever is the most mentality prepared will win the game.

Well, I hope he has them better "mentally prepared" than last week, or we'll get beat by four touchdowns. :shake:

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 01:57 PM
...Thought I was going to need a defibulator(sp) last game.
When Brooks came on the field.......oh helll..........I was sure he was coming straight up the middle for a TD. :deevee:

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Well, I hope he has them better "mentally prepared" than last week, or we'll get beat by four touchdowns. :shake:

Then again they have Jake the Mistake. PBJ

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
The GM in SD has put a major squeeze on Marty's "play not to lose" mentality.and the result is quite apparent.

I want to see how that works out in the playoffs.

greg63
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to commend you on your choice of avatar. :D

hypersensitiveZO6
11-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to commend you on your choice of avatar. :D
I was thinking that also. :)

Iowanian
11-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Let me expound further.

Your mother is like a peruvian village soccer ball. They want to play so badly, but can't afford a quality ball, so they've filled a yak bladder with filthy water, let it dry and take turns kicking it at a gaping hole in the hut next door while rotating as goalie.