PDA

View Full Version : Something we should do during the game.

Rain Man
11-22-2006, 10:33 AM
We rotate our defensive linemen, so they come in and out of the game a lot. Every time it's time for them to come out, they should fall down and grab a knee at the end of the play. The odds are that a replay will show a Bronco diving at the knee anyway, so maybe we can build upon the public outrage of the Olshansky incident, and when the linemen come back in, it'll enhance their reputation for toughness. At the very least, it would fool and impress John Madden, and it might even pick up a personal foul penalty or two.

Just a thought.

Gaz
11-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Hey, Oscar McCaffrey made an entire career of faking injuries.

The precedent is there.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes this idea.

FAX
11-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Great idea, Mr. Rain Man. Stellar.

FAX

Que Card QB
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
That would be great.

siberian khatru
11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Take it to the next level and have fake blood squibs on each Chief. They should grab them and create a gush of crimson, then point to a Donk and say "he stabbed me!" Maybe toss a penknife on the field as evidence.

It would be neat to see the game halted as the cops rushed on the field and took some Donks away in handcuffs.

L.A. Chieffan
11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
we don't need to pretend they really are going to be going after their knees

Iowanian
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I'd rather see Hali Crush a couple of RBs in the backfield and tally about 3 sacks.

Each time, I'd like to see the Crowd bust out the "HALI BOOMAYEE!" chant.

Rain Man
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Take it to the next level and have fake blood squibs on each Chief. They should grab them and create a gush of crimson, then point to a Donk and say "he stabbed me!" Maybe toss a penknife on the field as evidence.

It would be neat to see the game halted as the cops rushed on the field and took some Donks away in handcuffs.

Or perhaps apply a fake rash and say, "I'm violently allergic to vegetable-based cooking sprays! What's happening to me?!?!"

StcChief
11-22-2006, 10:52 AM
I think this donxs Knee diving will be under real scrutiny on NFL network game. after Nalen $25K fine.

The fakes would be funny though.

JimNasium
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I've never understood how rotating DL keeps them fresh but losing an OL breaks continuity.

Rain Man
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I've never understood how rotating DL keeps them fresh but losing an OL breaks continuity.

That's a mystery to me, too. I can see that the defensive guys may be running and reacting more, but I don't understand how they can't be in good enough shape to play for 80 plays. Run for ten seconds, stop for 40, run for 10, and then sit for 10 minutes while the offense is on the field. It shouldn't be that exhausting.

Bob Dole
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM

Or how a "fresh" Eric Hicks is better than say, anyone else on the roster.

JimNasium
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Or how a "fresh" Eric Hicks is better than say, anyone else on the roster.
Exactly.

siberian khatru
11-22-2006, 11:10 AM

I think because offensive plays are more "choreographed." Each lineman has to move to a specific, pre-determined spot and the skill position players have to expect them to be there when they do their thang. DL's mostly just rush upfield -- they my loop and stunt, but it's still not as precise as the OL.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit.

JimNasium
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I think because offensive plays are more "choreographed." Each lineman has to move to a specific, pre-determined spot and the skill position players have to expect them to be there when they do their thang. DL's mostly just rush upfield -- they my loop and stunt, but it's still not as precise as the OL.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit.
LMAO

Crush
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
BRILLIANT

FAX
11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I think Mr. siberian khatru is correct as usual.

Also, DLinemen expend more energy. It's harder to avoid getting whacked before you whack than it is to just whack.

FAX

Rain Man
11-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I think Mr. siberian khatru is correct as usual.

Also, DLinemen expend more energy. It's harder to avoid getting whacked before you whack than it is to just whack.

FAX

While I agree with the whacking theory above, it still seems to me that there's a lot more resting than whacking. A typical drive would progress like this.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

3 minutes for TV timeout. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

Sit down for 10 minutes while the offense goes onto the field.

I realize that the whacking is intense, but come on.

siberian khatru
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

3 minutes for TV timeout. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

10 seconds. Whack

40 seconds. Rest.

Sounds like another Saturday night in GoChiefs' bedroom.