PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead gets the love from players, fans and coach's

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Mike Shanahan -
"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -
The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

Tedy Bruschi -
"[Arrowhead] is the loudest outdoor stadium in the league. It's so loud you can't hear yourself think."

John Elway-
“I don’t know if you say you can’t wait to play that game because this is going to be a blast. When you went to Kansas City, it was an absolute physical, lay-it-on-the-line game. When you got done, you were going to be totally exhausted and beat up.”
“The one thing I remember the most is that it was loud. As a quarterback, that’s your worst enemy. And that I heard every little thing in the book that could be said about my mother.”

Jim Mora -
"It felt different in Kansas City. Kansas City's crowd is amazing and you felt it. You felt it. It's like I talk about our Dome...you want it to be a suffocating feeling. You felt that at Kansas City. At Denver yesterday...you just didn't feel it. You didn't feel the heat, you didn't feel the emotion, you didn't feel the crowd, so we didn't get worked up. We kind of just kept playing and we felt like our offense was moving the ball and they continued to move the ball, so we felt like we'd get back in it. And we did. But I think, honest to goodness, a lot of it has to do with the crowd. It's a big difference between Kansas City and Denver. Big difference. Big. Big difference between Kansas City and most places. We want to be talking about Atlanta like I'm talking about Kansas City and I think we're on our way.

Rodney Harrison –
"It's not the same as other places," said the Patriots' Rodney Harrison, who formerly was with the Chargers. "It's loud. It's the loudest I've ever played in. The fans are out there four hours before game time, probably tailgating. But it's a great atmosphere for football.

- Denver Fan
"I have been to many NFL games throughout the past 20 years, and each time I return to Arrowhead, I become even more amazed at how loud their fans are. I am a Denver Broncos fan, but I would have to say that Kansas City's game day atmosphere is the best in all of the NFL."

SI article proclaiming Arrowhead the toughest place to play in the NFL:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html)
When the Chiefs are having a bad season, they're tough to beat at Arrowhead. When they're having a good season, they're unbeatable. With the scent of barbecue in the air and a sea of red in the stands, Kansas City is the best football atmosphere in the country. The Chiefs were a flawed team in 2005 but still managed to win seven of eight home games.

-Texans Fan
“I personally don't know why this stadium isn't #1 right now. After talking to a Texans football player, he stated that this IS truly the loudest stadium in the NFL (Arrowhead)."

These are just a few of many quotes I have found from different people across the nation that aren't even Chiefs fans.
Why I think it is so bad ....... bad is not a good word man. I would say difficult to play in arrowhead? The simple answer is in the architecture, and of course the 78,000 screaming fans. I mean all 78,000 screaming .......... from 6 years olds all the way up to 90 year olds .......... all horse after a game for a day or two. The bowl effect of that stadium is the true gem in the whole scheme. All that screaming is at its loudest point on that field. Truly an architectural piece of sports art.

Bryant Young
"That stadium definitely is one of the loudest stadiums you'll ever play in...The crowd is like right on top of you. You can't hear cadence, you can't make calls. That stadium rocks."

Damon Haurd-
“This stadium is unbelievable. I mean, it’s really cool. When this place gets rocking, it’s pretty neat.”

Billy Miller
remembers the first time he thought Arrowhead Stadium was truly special. A rookie tight end on the practice squad of the Denver Broncos, Miller made the trip to Kansas City with the rest of the team for a regular-season game in 1999. The coaching staff wanted the young players to get a feel for "playing in a hostile environment," and there aren't many places more intimidating and noisy than the 32-year-old home of the Chiefs.

Most of the details of the game have long since been forgotten. What Miller experienced during pre-game festivities hasn't. It all began when the team charter bus arrived to find the stadium parking lot resembling a war zone from all the smoke billowing out from tailgaters. Later, as The Star-Spangled Banner was about to end, Miller recalls the nearly 80,000-strong "Sea of Red" screaming in unison, "Chiefs!" Finally, there was a loud roar and shake as a military jet flew over the stadium.

"I got chills," said Miller, now with the Texans. "It's one of the best home-field advantages in football." Nowhere in the NFL is there a noisier crowd than the 79,451 fans who regularly fill Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs had the NFL's best home record (63-17) from 1990-99. They're 59-22 at home in the last decade, fourth only to Green Bay, Denver and San Francisco.

"It’ll be electric," said Chiefs coach Herm Edwards. "These fans are very passionate and they’re excited. This is going to be a fun spot to be."

Rod Smith has been to an excited Arrowhead many times in his long career. "The first seven minutes in their place is going to be loud. You’re going to hear nothing and you can’t give them a couple of plays here and there, no big returns, none of that," he said.

Wikipedia:
Though many NFL fans argue, Arrowhead has long been considered to be the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL: the fans often reach sound levels of over 120 decibels, which is as loud as a jet airliner taking off. Because of the "atmosphere" in the stadium, Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) gave the Chiefs' home field, Arrowhead Stadium, the title of being the "Toughest Place to Play" for opposing teams.

2010 NFL.com gives the love to the New Arrowhead and its fans.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-the-season/09000d5d81b46c4b/The-Season-Chief-among-fans?module=HP_cp2

Arrowhead Tailgating Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o

Bowser
11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Good read.

KurtCobain
11-23-2006, 12:58 AM
thankyou for this

Crashride
11-23-2006, 01:11 AM
LOL every thread is getting me more exited

Imon Yourside
11-23-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm getting chills just reading that, great work Bigred, and ReP. :clap:

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm getting chills just reading that, great work Bigred, and ReP. :clap:
Been trying to collect quotes about Arrowhead from other teams fans and players. Lost where I put this this year. Seemed a good time to break it out.

Nzoner
11-23-2006, 01:41 AM
I heard on NFL Network the other night that this will be Rich Eisen's first visit to Arrowhead,the other guys were telling him what kind of treat he was in for,I got the recorder already set for 6p.m. to midnight.I'll be anxious to hear his take as well.

I know one thing for sure Nzoner 338 is back for this game and you can damn well bet I'll be doing my part as the 12th man.

tk13
11-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Everybody that's out there tomorrow night better bring their A game. No vocal cord left behind.

Nzoner
11-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Everybody's that out there tomorrow night better bring their A game. No vocal chord left behind.

I was telling some friends earlier in the week that I really think this game could bring back memories of the mid 90's,I'm talking 70,000 plus not only yelling but banging on the chairs so hard that Arrowhead literally sounded as though it was collapsing.

greg63
11-23-2006, 01:46 AM
Good read BRC! :thumb:

Anyong Bluth
11-23-2006, 01:55 AM
screw sleep now, I'm just gonna run by a truck stop and get a bunch of uppers and grab a seat in front of the big screen now and flip on NFL Network.

thedude
11-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Thats so friggen awesome. It really makes you proud to be a Chiefs fan. And to have taken part in it, even if it was a very long time ago, is something special.

Redcoats58
11-23-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm going to this game and you can bet I will not have a voice left when I'm done. I'm bringing my wife and daughter, it's my daughters first game. We won't let you down.

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm going to this game and you can bet I will not have a voice left when I'm done. I'm bringing my wife and daughter, it's my daughters first game. We won't let you down.
Stop by the tailgate

Redcoats58
11-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Stop by the tailgate
We are gonna have our own little Turkey-day tailgate going, what section are you gonna be in?

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 02:22 AM
We are gonna have our own little Turkey-day tailgate going, what section are you gonna be in?
We usually get 20-25 but it will be a higher number this week. It's a pg-13 tailgate. Okay for wifes, son's daughters etc
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/Xmarks_the_tailgate_spot_small.jpg

Redcoats58
11-23-2006, 02:26 AM
We usually get 20-25 but it will be a higher number this week. It's a pg-13 tailgate. Okay for wifes, son's daughters etc
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/Xmarks_the_tailgate_spot_small.jpg
Ok we may swing by if we're close. Thanks for the invite!

MavKC
11-23-2006, 04:46 AM
I remember going to Arrowhead with my father during the '79 - '86 seasons, when the statdium wouldn't even get half full, and in some cases there were more fans from opposing teams there than Chief fans.

It was a depressing atmosphere at times, though it was still fun place to go, and people would still tailgate before and after the games.

I sometimes wish people could go back to those times, and see a Chiefs game then. They would appreciate a whole lot more what they have now days when going there.

Arrowhead is a dying breed these days, in an age where stadiums are rated by how many suites it has in it, and how the shopping is, as opposed to what a football stadium should be design for.

It should be design for the best possible football game experience. Everything else is secondary.

I knew back then that if the Chiefs could get a winning team together, that it would start drawing fans to the stadium. And with that stadium full it could turn into something special.

Back then the Royals were all the rage, and that fever could be felt at Royals (Kauffman) stadium. The place is a half the size of Arrowhead, and it could rock out pretty well. So imagine what could happen at Arrowhead...

If your a football fan, if football is your religion, then Arrowhead is The Cathedral.

We are very lucky to have it. It was years ahead of it's time when it open, and it may be considered "old" these days, and in need of repairs here and there, but there isn't another stadium in the world I would rather watch a football game in.

And to the fans that fill that place up, never let it's spirt die. :toast:

JBucc
11-23-2006, 05:09 AM
Cool

Bob Dole
11-23-2006, 06:28 AM
This is too good to get shoved off the front page by some of the crap that's on the front page.

shakesthecat
11-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Good read.....Thanks BRC!

I don't ever recall being this psyched up before a game.
I promise shakette and I will leave no vocal chord un-shredded today.

Crush
11-23-2006, 07:02 AM
aaaaaaahhhhh I thought I was pumped up for the game until I started watching the NFL Network's 24/7 hype for the game and reading this article. Now I'm going crazy in anticipation. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

NewChief
11-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Damn that gets me wound up and ready for tonight. Great post.

greg63
11-23-2006, 07:25 AM
aaaaaaahhhhh I thought I was pumped up for the game until I started watching the NFL Network's 24/7 hype for the game and reading this article. Now I'm going crazy in anticipation. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Yep!!!

Damn that gets me wound up and ready for tonight. Great post.

...and yep!!!

Easy 6
11-23-2006, 07:47 AM
:arrow: = :thumb: :clap: :$2500: :wayne: :rockon: :bravo:

NUMBER7
11-23-2006, 08:01 AM
I am so fired up for this game. I hate the Donkeys!!! I hate when DORK fans show up to Arrowhead....I think they are the worst. I hate those sick Orange and Blue uniforms, and I hate Shanarat.

This is going to be awesome to kick the s**t out of these frauds....and expose the Plunger on National TV. Go Chiefs!

stevieray
11-23-2006, 08:16 AM
here we go.

Psyko Tek
11-23-2006, 08:26 AM
So I'm at Arrowhead last week for the dog-assed raiders game
do my fannily duyies, screaming my head of, pounding on chairs, stopping every drink vendor i see...
this is in the first quarter mind you

and my girlfriend , the raiders fan, says I'm being to loud....

stevieray
11-23-2006, 08:30 AM
do my fannily duyies, screaming my head of, pounding on chairs, stopping every drink vendor i see...

Were you at Festivus?

jspchief
11-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Great thread. Gave me chills.

I can't believe I'm not going to be there.

NUMBER7
11-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Duct tape and ear plugs for her Christmas stocking. Dumb Faider fan.

Bowser
11-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Great thread. Gave me chills.

I can't believe I'm not going to be there.

What? I figured this would be the one game you and the wife would make.

jspchief
11-23-2006, 08:58 AM
What? I figured this would be the one game you and the wife would make.Normally it would, but factors beyond my control are keeping us away.

stevieray
11-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Normally it would, but factors beyond my control are keeping us away.

I'll cheer for you Jeff.

jspchief
11-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I'll cheer for you Jeff.Thanks, I know you and afew others (about 78k :) ) will.

I'll be there in spirit.

stevieray
11-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks, I know you and afew others (about 78k :) ) will.

I'll be there in spirit.

:thumb:

Bowser
11-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Normally it would, but factors beyond my control are keeping us away.

Sorry to hear that, Jeff. Are you at least going to be able to watch the game on TV?

And we'll have a few jaeger bombs in your honor.....

Nzoner
11-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I'll cheer for you Jeff.

You cheer for him,I'll drink for him

Nzoner
11-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks, I know you and afew others (about 78k :) ) will.

I'll be there in spirit.

I'll definitely be thinking about you and the mrs tonight,hopefully she goes to goes to bed with a full stomach and a heavy heart while you of course are PBJ

Deberg_1990
11-23-2006, 09:39 AM
I thought the Seattle Seahawks new stadium was now the loudest outdoor NFL stadium??

Its all subjective....

KChiefs1
11-23-2006, 09:59 AM
great read

NUMBER7
11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought the Seattle Seahawks new stadium was now the loudest outdoor NFL stadium??

Its all subjective....

Loud and proud baby! Still number #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowhead_Stadium

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear that, Jeff. Are you at least going to be able to watch the game on TV?

And we'll have a few jaeger bombs in your honor.....
Hey stop by the tailgate and we will share one.

Stevieray I have your gloves. You left them at the tailgate last week. You won't need them today but by the Ravens game you might.

ArrowheadHawk
11-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I would love to be going to the game tonight. I don't think my vocal cords could handle it though, my voice still hasn't completely recovered from the raiders game.

Archie F. Swin
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
I have to get to Arrowhead for a game

Raiderhater
11-23-2006, 11:32 AM
God, I'd give my right nut to be at this game tonight.

BigRedChief
11-23-2006, 01:33 PM
God, I'd give my right nut to be at this game tonight. Not a worthy trade if you ask me but I'll do a jaggerbomb in your honor instead.

big nasty kcnut
11-23-2006, 01:46 PM
I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."
Yes we are if tom nalen try to take out tony g or lj knees.

T-post Tom
11-23-2006, 05:07 PM
I've got wood.

milkman
11-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."
Yes we are if tom nalen try to take out tony g or lj knees.

So Tony and LJ are playing defense today?

Hydrae
11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Someday, someway I will make a pilgrimage to the Mecca of the NFL.

KChiefs1
11-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Game of the Year tonight!

BigRedChief
11-24-2006, 01:15 AM
We certaintly added some more mystique to the legend tonight. And a few more quotes...

BigRedChief
12-05-2006, 08:45 AM
A reminder that we may not be able to control the level of play of the players but we can control the level of noise and effect the outcome of the game.

InChiefsHeaven
12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
*sigh* Thats something at least.

Predarat
12-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Good stuff, the coloseum here in Nashville is allright, but nothing compared to Arrowhead. It got loud in 99 and 2000 but just didn't sustain it or improve it. Granted the ends are open above the lower bowl and it seats about 10,000 less than Arrowhead, but even so its not like Arrowhead. I sure do miss it!

ptlyon
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
How nice.

Would like to win a championship in it before it crumbles to the ground tho.

greg63
12-05-2006, 03:21 PM
A reminder that we may not be able to control the level of play of the players but we can control the level of noise and effect the outcome of the game.

Agreed, and I think they have come to relly too heavly upon the 12th man.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Bump for the Jacksonville visitors.

StcChief
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
JV was here last year in the end of year cold game.

Sunday weather may be more to their liking but the results will be the same, going home with a "L"

BigRedChief
09-16-2008, 06:37 AM
:toast: Remember when Arrowhead rocked?

Warrior5
09-16-2008, 06:53 AM
:toast: Remember when Arrowhead rocked?

Yes, I do.

And it will rock again one day...

King_Chief_Fan
09-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Damn shame what it is now. Herm has sucked the life out of the 12th man.

gblowfish
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm a big fan of history books.

Because home field advantage at Arrowhead is history.

Demonpenz
09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Damn shame what it is now. Herm has sucked the life out of the 12th man.

he screwed up the seahawks?

Redrum_69
09-16-2008, 08:35 AM
John Elway-
“I don’t know if you say you can’t wait to play that game because this is going to be a blast. When you went to Kansas City, it was an absolute physical, lay-it-on-the-line game. When you got done, you were going to be totally exhausted and beat up.”
“The one thing I remember the most is that it was loud. As a quarterback, that’s your worst enemy. And that I heard every little thing in the book that could be said about my mother.”

BigRedChief
09-16-2008, 08:41 AM
he screwed up the seahawks?
:cuss: Damn Seahawks. We were the 12th man before those lousy interlopers.

BigRedChief
12-15-2009, 04:12 PM
For remembrances of the good ole days

Deberg_1990
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
RIP 90's Arrowhead....

InChiefsHeaven
12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Shit. I'm depressed now.

My first game was in 93. I went to a Chiefs vs. Denver game in like 94...it was un-fucking believable.

I really hope we can get that back. I think we will, but it'll be a while yet...

KurtCobain
12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
shoot me

Dottefan
12-15-2009, 09:11 PM
GODAMN...I`M FIRED UP NOW...GOOD POST ..REP POINTS.

bowener
12-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I was at the game last Sunday. What I heard was a death rattle.

luv
12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
At the Denver game, I heard a Bronco fan dad tell his son that Invesco was way louder than Arrowhead. I wish I had a reason to argue with him. :(

Extra Point
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Math is good. It's hyperbole.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Fucking depressing.

Our suck is denying the NFL and football fans the world over one of the most epic houses in the history of the game.
You didn't even have to be there; it just bled through the TV and kicked your ass.

BigRedChief
12-16-2009, 07:15 AM
****ing depressing.

Our suck is denying the NFL and football fans the world over one of the most epic houses in the history of the game.
You didn't even have to be there; it just bled through the TV and kicked your ass.yeah, this is worthy of a good ole fashioned...

Damnit Carl! :cuss:

CHIEFS58
12-16-2009, 07:44 AM
wow. this depressed me so much. my first trip to arrowhead was the denver game on 12/6/09, and thats because i live in NC and was never really financially able to until this year. it was so depressing. there wasnt anyone there. i could have sold my tickets that i got back in march...but dammit, im a chiefs fan, and hell nor high water could have stopped me from going to that game. i think sometimes people forget how lucky they are to be as close to KC as they are and can go whenever they choose. i know we're in a tough spot right now. fans not going to the games does damage the psyche of these guys...if we dont care, why should they care? we affect them more than people realize. it hurts me like it does everyone else. i want it to be over. but we need to stick it out and show why we have the best fans in the league.

TEX
12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Whatever. The team BLOWS so ARROWHEAD is DEAD. :shake:

burt
12-16-2009, 08:57 AM
wow. this depressed me so much. my first trip to arrowhead was the denver game on 12/6/09, and thats because i live in NC and was never really financially able to until this year. it was so depressing. there wasnt anyone there. i could have sold my tickets that i got back in march...but dammit, im a chiefs fan, and hell nor high water could have stopped me from going to that game. i think sometimes people forget how lucky they are to be as close to KC as they are and can go whenever they choose. i know we're in a tough spot right now. fans not going to the games does damage the psyche of these guys...if we dont care, why should they care? we affect them more than people realize. it hurts me like it does everyone else. i want it to be over. but we need to stick it out and show why we have the best fans in the league.

While I will be a Chiefs fan for the rest of my life.... I can't and won't support a product this poor, financially or time wise. Yes, they are getting better, and when my funds get better....I MAY again support them with money and time. Our front office needs to get the message....produce a shitty product and people won't buy it. If we keep purchasing a shitty product, improvements won't be coming.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Whatever. The team BLOWS so ARROWHEAD is DEAD. :shake:

Remember when we opened the season playing in all White uniforms...

The Stadium started its death march that day.....

CHIEFS58
12-16-2009, 09:09 AM

yeah, it started on trent greens noggin. still makes me want to puke.

CHIEFS58
12-16-2009, 09:10 AM
While I will be a Chiefs fan for the rest of my life.... I can't and won't support a product this poor, financially or time wise. Yes, they are getting better, and when my funds get better....I MAY again support them with money and time. Our front office needs to get the message....produce a shitty product and people won't buy it. If we keep purchasing a shitty product, improvements won't be coming.

yeah, i understand that. its just hard.

Ralphy Boy
12-16-2009, 09:24 AM
God I miss Marty. He taught the fans how to cheer by giving them a reason to. DV's teams were worth cheering for, but very little since. Usually the first couple of home games of the season still capture the magic, but it soon fades when we come out of the gate and fall on our face.

I'd venture to guess that the Hunt family has never made as much money owning this team as they did during Marty's tenure. With all of us knowing, what Jerry Jones has said, about the decrease of revenue sharing going forward, they just might never again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-16-2009, 02:56 PM
yeah, this is worthy of a good ole fashioned...

Damnit Carl! :cuss:

Yep.

God I miss Marty. He taught the fans how to cheer by giving them a reason to. DV's teams were worth cheering for, but very little since. Usually the first couple of home games of the season still capture the magic, but it soon fades when we come out of the gate and fall on our face.

I'd venture to guess that the Hunt family has never made as much money owning this team as they did during Marty's tenure. With all of us knowing, what Jerry Jones has said, about the decrease of revenue sharing going forward, they just might never again.

:popcorn:

Kraus
12-16-2009, 03:02 PM

F'n Herm and the Tampons.

That game sucked.

The last game that had the Arrowhead magic was the 2006 Thanksgiving game where we ended Jake Plummer's career. Full crowd, loud as hell, and one of the best games I've ever been to.

BigRedChief
12-16-2009, 03:05 PM
F'n Herm and the Tampons.

That game sucked.

The last game that had the Arrowhead magic was the 2006 Thanksgiving game where we ended Jake Plummer's career. Full crowd, loud as hell, and one of the best games I've ever been to.yep, that was the last really great game at Arrowhead.

CHENZ A!
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I called some bills fans obese lesbians and told their punter he sucked ass every time he ran by. I'm trying. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I called some bills fans obese lesbians and told their punter he sucked ass every time he ran by. I'm trying. :(
Posted via Mobile DeviceGots to get your entertainement any way possible :)

BigRedChief
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Reminder of what use to be and can be again.

KChiefs1
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
It will be that way again this year!

Crush
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
It is slowly coming back. An old friend that we had not seen in three years. It is coming back. The NFL will fear our home once again.

aturnis
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
We did good on MNF, damned good. If this team can win one or both of the next two. They will come home to something pretty special when they face the Jags.

JoeyChuckles
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Any status on number of tickets left for upcoming home games?

10-04-2010, 09:54 PM
We did good on MNF, damned good. If this team can win one or both of the next two. They will come home to something pretty special when they face the Jags.Not saying I expect it to happen but if we come back 5-0 and that club section isn't full those ticket holders need to be shot.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2010, 05:24 AM
I'll be there for the Bills game, and I'm hoping to catch that "Arrowhead Buzz" that I first experienced in 1993. I've been to games the last 4 years, and it just hasn't been the same. But the team feels different now. Even if we lose at Indy and Houston, it just doesn't feel hopeless like it has for so long. I think Arrowhead is ready to rise once again!!

BigRedChief
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
updated the opening post with this................

2010 NFL.com gives the love to the New Arrowhead and its fans.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-the-season/09000d5d81b46c4b/The-Season-Chief-among-fans?module=HP_cp2 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-the-season/09000d5d81b46c4b/The-Season-Chief-among-fans?module=HP_cp2)

BigRedChief
10-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Bump for the Jaguars game

Psyko Tek
10-22-2010, 06:17 PM
so is the jags game sold out?
you assholes gonna do your part?

I wanna hear it on my speakers

the real "true" fans scaring the living shit outta the JAGS

DRU
10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Mostly. I'm sure the club will still be pretty much empty since they won't sell them as single game tix, but otherwise it should be pretty full.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Not saying I expect it to happen but if we come back 5-0 and that club section isn't full those ticket holders need to be shot.

It's a fucking eyesore and an embarrassment to the fans and to the team. When the bottom and upper tiers are rocking, that middle section is just weak fucking sauce.
How's about donating some seats to charities that will bring in kids, and who will get fired up with the REST of the house?

BigRedChief
10-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Mostly. I'm sure the club will still be pretty much empty since they won't sell them as single game tix, but otherwise it should be pretty full.You have to commit to something like $15K. No refund, no cancelation. We will turn you over to the collectors and ruin your credit if you don't pay us.

How may of us on here can commit $15K to watch football?

BigRedChief
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Bump for what was and could be again.

CupidStunt
01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Qwest vs. Arrowhead.

They better wreck shit this Sunday.

BigRedChief
01-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Bump for what was and could be again.THIS!

Rain Man
01-07-2011, 06:53 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHR!

Now I'm really wishing I could go to the game.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I will yell an extra second on every third down for you, Rain Man.

suzzer99
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I've been to one home playoff game - the Raiders in 92(?). I'd been to plenty of regular season games before and after, but the playoffs was a whole different animal. It felt like Arrowhead was about the size of my bedroom, with the energy and the noise - like you could almost reach out and touch the fans on the other side. Here's hoping that magic carries the day on Sunday. If these young Chiefs can get that 1993 playoff-win monkey off their back, every dream of mine from early-season on will be fulfilled.

pr_capone
01-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I will be without a voice for several days after this game. If we win, I will get all sorts of emotional.

stlchiefs
01-07-2011, 08:55 PM
This has always been my favorite of these quotes. LMAO

Rod Smith -
The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

beach tribe
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
loud fas are frauds