PDA

View Full Version : Great game, but.......

recxjake
11-23-2006, 10:07 PM

John_Locke
11-23-2006, 10:08 PM
oh eat shit...we won man againts our worst enemy

enjoy the night

siberian khatru
11-23-2006, 10:09 PM
We beat those cheating shitf*cks, and all is right with the world.

ChiefsfaninPA
oh eat shit...we won man againts our worst enemy

enjoy the night

Some people can't sit back and enjoy a win.

DMAC
Denver has a very good D. Shut up.

Pitt Gorilla
GM sucks. Chiefs own.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2006, 10:10 PM
This team has found its identity like it or not.

Pound the ball on the ground, wear the opposing defense out. Control the clock.

Rests your D for the big plays and stops late in the game.

Worked pretty well for Marty in the 90's....

I like it.

recxjake
11-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Some people can't sit back and enjoy a win.

if you would actually read what i said it makes sense... some people are to stupid to understand what to do better.

carter08
11-23-2006, 10:11 PM
A win is a win
Every team has something to improve on
Good Job Cheifs

the Talking Can
11-23-2006, 10:12 PM
WE ****ING WON

NO ONE GETS TO BE HOOTIE TONIGHT

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't like this new O. LJ was still getting his yards last year but we were averaging over 30pts a game. Why screw with that it doesn't make sense at all.

TRR
11-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Can't complain. I thought it was well coached and well played on both O and D.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
This team has found its identity like it or not.

Pound the ball on the ground, wear the opposing defense out. Control the clock.

Rests your D for the big plays and stops late in the game.

Worked pretty well for Marty in the 90's....

I like it.

Yep. They've won me over...

Fairplay
11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Lets enjoy this win. I don't feel like nick pickin right now.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't like this new O. LJ was still getting his yards last year but we were averaging over 30pts a game. Why screw with that it doesn't make sense at all.

5 years, 1 playoff game.

30 points per game is useless.

Archie F. Swin
11-23-2006, 10:15 PM
more Bennett

more LJ in the flatts

ChiefsfaninPA
11-23-2006, 10:16 PM
if you would actually read what i said it makes sense... some people are to stupid to understand what to do better.

Hey silly, your not a coach. I could care less what you think we need to improve. Your opinion is not going to change anything. Enjoy the win as a FAN and leave the changes to be made to people who can actually make them.

siberian khatru
11-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Yep. They've won me over...

Herm WANTS them to be in tight situations. I bitch and moan during the games, because I can't handle these nail-biters. But Herm's made them tough. They've overcome a ton of bad shit this year.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2006, 10:17 PM

Sometimes, controlling the clock, field postition and resting your D is more important than a quick strike scoring offense.

kcxiv
11-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I wont complain about shit in this game but Walls, he blows.

Fairplay
11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Now the chiefs get a nice ten day vacation.

Rest up.

boltpower 21
11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Denver was Larry Johnson's bitch!

I was expecting a chop block somewhere at the end of the game...

dirk digler
5 years, 1 playoff game.

The problem I have is it seems we are very timid on O and we had 2-3 chances inside the 10yd line and we ended up kicking FG's. That is not good IMO. This game should have been over by the 3rd quarter.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy about this win but I think we have lost our killer instinct on O.

Skip Towne
No keys for Garcia.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:25 PM
The problem I have is it seems we are very timid on O and we had 2-3 chances inside the 10yd line and we ended up kicking FG's. That is not good IMO. This game should have been over by the 3rd quarter.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy about this win but I think we have lost our killer instinct on O.

There was absolutely NO REASON to go for the throat there. We did that at a point where we didn't need to and the result was an INT.

This is SMART football.

cdcox
11-23-2006, 10:26 PM
No keys for Garcia.

:clap: LMAO :clap:

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 10:26 PM
There was absolutely NO REASON to go for the throat there. We did that at a point where we didn't need to and the result was an INT.

This is SMART football.

I disagree. When you get a chance to end a game you do it. If you don't then that is when you leave yourself open for the opposing team to steal a win.

DTLB58
11-23-2006, 10:27 PM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdcox
11-23-2006, 10:28 PM

This is SMART football.

Yep. There are no style points in football.

200+ rushing yards and good defense will win you a whole lot of games without putting up a lot of points.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I disagree. When you get a chance to end a game you do it. If you don't then that is when you leave yourself open for the opposing team to steal a win.

When did they have a chance to DEFINITIVELY put the game away?

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Denver has a defense that relies on mistakes and turnovers inside the red zone. I'm a juglar guy myself, but I can't fault the coaching in this game. Actually, I didn't think that our offense was too predictable. They had Trent passing some on first down. The one drive where Trent threw the one interception, we had them on their heels until that play. Obviously we did get in a rut that time. But overall....its a W agains Denver.

plbrdude
11-23-2006, 10:37 PM
5 years, 1 playoff game.

careful, lets not make sense

KCBOSS1
.....and did I say we are in 2nd place!!?

htismaqe
Denver has a defense that relies on mistakes and turnovers inside the red zone. I'm a juglar guy myself, but I can't fault the coaching in this game. Actually, I didn't think that our offense was too predictable. They had Trent passing some on first down. The one drive where Trent threw the one interception, we had them on their heels until that play. Obviously we did get in a rut that time. But overall....its a W agains Denver.

EXACTLY.

I wonder how many people here know that ALL FIVE of Champ's INT's this year have come inside the 25 yard line. They thrive on taking it away in the red zone.

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
When did they have a chance to DEFINITIVELY put the game away?

If we score 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter it is over. We had 2 chances in the 3rd quarter and we ended up kicking FG's.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:40 PM
If we score 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter it is over. We had 2 chances in the 3rd quarter and we ended up kicking FG's.

And if they pick it off?

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 10:43 PM
We had a chance to definitely put the game away whan patrick got that interception and Walls did the stupid 8 yard push move.....senseless.

plbrdude
11-23-2006, 10:44 PM

difference is, we played defense. in the past we'd play run back and forth tradin touchdowns. of course we were all screamin for touchdowns, shoulda been 31-10, but it wasn't. but you gotta admit, it was good to see the d make some stops.

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Gosh......I love defense. KC has defense...I think I'm gonna tear up right now.

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 10:45 PM
And if they pick it off?

There are routes they can use to minimize that. Champ was on Eddie all night so try to get it to Tony G. The one problem I see with our O is that LJ just can't catch as well as Priest which hurts in certain situations.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:47 PM
There are routes they can use to minimize that. Champ was on Eddie all night so try to get it to Tony G. The one problem I see with our O is that LJ just can't catch as well as Priest which hurts in certain situations.

Dallas - 2005. Nuff said.

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 10:48 PM
They got it to Tony G as often as they could. Denver definitely gears up on TG, they set Champ on somebody and they're done. The dude is sick. But The rest of the secondary was concentrating on TG.

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 10:49 PM
By the way, absolutely brilliant running by Johnson and Bennet. Man, those guys are a scary one-two.

cdcox
11-23-2006, 10:54 PM

Those FGs were the margin of victory. I loved every one of them. Denver scored exactly 1 TD against our defense in 8 quarters this year. We weren't going to be in a shoot out against the Donks. Another game, another situation, and I might be in favor of being more aggressive.

But today, we had exactly the right strategy.

chiefsfan1963
11-23-2006, 10:55 PM
absolutely this game tells me all I need to know about our chances during the playoffs. Herm is not going to get us to the Super Bowl if he doesn't change his mindset.

Marty is doing it so can Herm.

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Dallas - 2005. Nuff said.

Come playoff time it is not going to be good enough, especially with Indy and San Diego and possibly Cincinnati.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Those FGs were the margin of victory. I loved every one of them. Denver scored exactly 1 TD against our defense in 8 quarters this year. We weren't going to be in a shoot out against the Donks. Another game, another situation, and I might be in favor of being more aggressive.

But today, we had exactly the right strategy.

Oh come on. You mean Herm used a different strategy against Denver than what he might have used against another team?

Herm's an idiot. If we don't start scoring 28 points a game, we're not going to the playoffs.

htismaqe
11-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Come playoff time it is not going to be good enough, especially with Indy and San Diego and possibly Cincinnati.

ROFL

We've already BEATEN San Diego. With this strategy. WITH A BACKUP QB.

We came out with the EXACT type of offense you want, throwing the ball all over the field, against the Bengals. It almost got our QB KILLED.

And **** Indy. Larry would run for 250 against them.

Seriously, bitching about a win over a 7-3 Denver team is beyond pathetic.

The Bad Guy
11-23-2006, 11:02 PM
absolutely this game tells me all I need to know about our chances during the playoffs. Herm is not going to get us to the Super Bowl if he doesn't change his mindset.

I really, really hope your computer blows up and you can't post on here anymore.

Only a dickbag like you would complain after a win.

Go **** yourself.

Tactical Funky
11-23-2006, 11:02 PM

Against Denver, you always take any points you can get since their redzone D is extremely stout and opportunistic.

Tonight's game plan was, for the most part, perfect considering the opponent and the circumstances. :)

The Bad Guy
11-23-2006, 11:04 PM
ROFL

We came out with the EXACT type of offense you want, throwing the ball all over the field, against the Bengals. It almost got our QB KILLED.

It's a new low here.

I can't believe it.

I can't believe some of you whining, sand in the vagina fans would actually complain about OUTSCORING the other team.

Do I give a **** about SD or Cinci now, no.

The dynamics of those games will change - and neither one of them has a defense like Denvers.

Inspector
11-23-2006, 11:05 PM

Uh...We won.

Quit being a downer man.

KCBOSS1
11-23-2006, 11:05 PM
No question that Herm has some conservative tendencies, but I think that he plays according to the strength of the other defense. Denver has a fast but small linebacking core and has a hard time with smashmouth running, but can be very effective against the passing game. But we definitely have to get more red zone points. Trent said that as well in the interview. But Denver never slowed down the running game really and the offensive mix was pretty good overall.

plbrdude
11-23-2006, 11:06 PM
why savor a win against a hated rival, when you can moan and cry about not winning it right.

milkman
11-23-2006, 11:07 PM
5 years, 1 playoff game.

If your defense can make stops, then 30 points a game is not useless.

In the end, it doesn't matter, as long as you score more than your opponent.

RealSNR
11-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm so happy we got this game but some glaring mistakes....

1. Lack of getting the td's in the redzone.... fg's won't cut it in most games!
2. Tyenes must work on getting the kickoffs deeper
3. Use Bennet more!
4. Clean up mental mistakes... but this game was much better then some of the others this year.
5. Change it up on offense... pretty predictable
6. I was pretty darn happy with the defense, of course more sacks and int's would be great but they played great! It would also be great if Sims would do somthing also.

GREAT GREAT GREAT Game and a HUGE WIN!!!!

Gameball goes to Larry Johnson... what a work horse.

I would love to watch it... I couldn't get the sopcasts to work very well, they were just to blotchy so I just listened to it on the radio... but I don't have a clue how to do torrents.... does anybody post these games in wmv or mpeg formats?

1. We were up against a rock-solid D. If we played like this vs. Indy, we'd probably get TDs on those drives. Subsequently they would score more points, but I'm not about to bitch and whine about a win

2. Uh, what did you have a problem with in this game? Were the two kickoffs taken out of the end zone not deep enough? Was the 0 kicks that were ran back from behind the 5 just not strong enough?

3. RB CONTROVERSY!

4. Agreed

5. I enjoyed the playcalling. Perfect amount of shoving the rock down their throat with the run and incorporating Green's leadership into the gameplan. Solari called it well this game

6. Uhh... sure. Whatever. We won

milkman
11-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Sometimes, controlling the clock, field postition and resting your D is more important than a quick strike scoring offense.

I actually like that style of football, but haven't the Chiefs lost TOP in more games than they've won the TOP battle this season.

siberian khatru
11-23-2006, 11:09 PM
why savor a win against a hated rival, when you can moan and cry about not winning it right.

Two weeks in a row.

With all the injury/retirement crap this team's had to deal with this year, this has become a helluva season. Every win should be savored.

Redcoats58
11-23-2006, 11:13 PM
November and December is all about rushing and defense... why you ask? Because they win games.

plbrdude
11-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Two weeks in a row.

With all the injury/retirement crap this team's had to deal with this year, this has become a helluva season. Every win should be savored.

right.

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 11:15 PM
ROFL

My only concern is not getting TD's instead of FG's. Trent said it tonight after the game.

I am not bitching about this win I am very, very happy I am just concerned that's all.

BigRock
11-23-2006, 11:23 PM
The only thing that bothered me about the game was Denver's TD, with Kendrell Bell covering someone one-on-one on the goal line. Hasn't that happened before? Didn't it fail before? Who thinks that's a good idea? Maybe I'd take DJ covering someone alone like that, but we shouldn't be putting LBs in that spot. Get that play out of the book, Gun.

Other than that, big thumbs up!

dirk digler
11-23-2006, 11:25 PM
The only thing that bothered me about the game was Denver's TD, with Kendrell Bell covering someone one-on-one on the goal line. Hasn't that happened before? Didn't it fail before? Who thinks that's a good idea? Maybe I'd take DJ covering someone alone like that, but we shouldn't be putting LBs in that spot. Get that play out of the book, Gun.

Other than that, big thumbs up!

Oh yeah that is my 2nd major complaint. Take Kendrell Bell out inside the 5 yd line because he gets burned everytime.

macdawg
11-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I agree with your analysis completely recxjake and I would only add that on one of those punts Dante returned, he scared me by not fair catching it, letting it roll towards the endzone, then jumping on it and risking fumbling around a bunch of Bronco's, shoulda fair caught that one, I know he probably thought it would roll into a touchback before a Bronco could get to it, but if he would have fumbled there or hurt field position worse than he did it would have given Denver a lotta momentum

Toad
11-23-2006, 11:44 PM
If your defense can make stops, then 30 points a game is not useless.

In the end, it doesn't matter, as long as you score more than your opponent.

The pace of the game is the key to Herm's philosophy. It makes it much more difficult for a defense to make stops when the pace of the game is up and down the field.

Everyone is talking about our ability to run (welcome back BW). The other side of the coin to control the pace of a game is stopping the run. We did that without DJ.

Overall, excellent game plan.

ChiefaRoo
11-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Good game. That PI on Lenny Walls on Surtains INT was BS. Those kind of plays should NOT be called.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 06:48 AM
My only concern is not getting TD's instead of FG's. Trent said it tonight after the game.

I am not bitching about this win I am very, very happy I am just concerned that's all.

Ahem.

That's NOT what you said.

You said you're concerned that they've lost their killer instinct. You're bitching about the PLAYCALLING.

Playcalling is only PART of the equation.