PDA

View Full Version : Now the question for the Chiefs, as usual is...

mikey23545
11-24-2006, 08:00 AM
...What are they going to look like on the road 10 days from now?

Two or three times this year the Chiefs have looked impressive (usually at home) and have actually got me believing they had turned the corner on the season...Then they would go on the road (Pittsburgh, Miami) and make me wonder why I ever became a Chiefs fan...

So where are they now?...Contender or Pretender?
Can they become Road Warriors or are they forever the shrinking violets of the highways?

Easy 6
11-24-2006, 08:06 AM
I bet we learned our lesson at miami, Herms toughening of the teams mindset is very noticeable and it should start to translate into better road production.

We've had some hiccups but that was inevitable as we purged the softness from our collective soul.

As much as i hate weekly nailbiters, Herms style is the kind that works in late season & the playoffs.

mikey23545
11-24-2006, 08:36 AM
I wish I had your confidence...Hope you're right.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Someone check the Passion party schedule and make sure they dont have anything lined up for Cleveland that weekend.

NUMBER7
11-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Someone check the Passion party schedule and make sure they dont have anything lined up for Cleveland that weekend.
ROFL

siberian khatru
11-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I expected losses at both Pitt and Miami, although I didn't expect the magnitude of the Pitt loss. Miami was going to be tough as the back end of a 2-game road trip.

Cleveland scares me, mostly because every game scares me and road games especially scare me. Having said that, Cleveland is not as good as Miami and we have 10 days to prepare for them. So long as we don't go flat in the time off, I think we'll win.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Same old story as far as I'm concerned: we show up in our remaining games, we win 11 and make the playoffs.

I have us losing only at San Diego.

We just need to show up and play Chiefs football.

Gaz
11-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Everyone concedes that Arrowhead is a HUGE advantage to the Chiefs. Some call it the toughest place to play in the NFL.

Does having such an awesome home field advantage CAUSE us play crappy on the road or does it just SEEM that way because we play so well at home?

xoxo~
Gaz
Pondering the arcane stuff while at work.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Good question, Gaz. Never thought about it like that.

Are we as good as we play at Arrowhead, as bad as we play on the road, right in the middle or somewhere inbetween?