PDA

View Full Version : So Do We Get A Real FB In the Offseason Or Do We Stay With Bigfoot?

RINGLEADER
11-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Not a stupid question when you look at the difference in LJ's production before and after the advent of Kris Wilson taking over the blocking duties. In the first five games of the year LJ had 357 yards for a 71.4 per game average. Since the arrival of saskwatch he has 845 yards and a 140.8 per game average. The lowest production LJ has had came at Miami where we had a crappy game plan and he still managed to claw together 75 yards. Hard to argue with that kind of production and although Trent doesn't seem to be using Wilson the way Huard did he is another option that Ronnie Cruz didn't provide.

Crashride
11-24-2006, 12:17 PM
This is a hard question for me. Since I dont want big foot to become a disgruntled player for not playing TE, my gut tells me to get a fb. But damn the guy isnt doing that bad and is producing, so I also want to keep him there.

jjjayb
11-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Dude had some Major blocks yesterday to help spring LJ. Was like seeing T-Rich back out there again. I wouldn't mind keeping him in as a fullback. It's not like we can't still throw it to him.

RINGLEADER
11-24-2006, 12:21 PM
This is a hard question for me. Since I dont want big foot to become a disgruntled player for not playing TE, my gut tells me to get a fb. But damn the guy isnt doing that bad and is producing, so I also want to keep him there.

I would think Kris would be thrilled for this role because he actually gets on the field. And he's doing a fine job. I'm sure he wishes Trent would throw his way a bit more but if you're a football player you want to see the field and he's playing a hell of a lot more than he did before.

jidar
11-24-2006, 12:21 PM
He can be the mold for the next generation of receiving fullbacks.

Easy 6
11-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I would like to see him stay at FB, why mess with success. The coaches just need to convince Trent to look for him once in awhile. If he liked checking down to T-Rich he will love what Wilson can do.

WOW...i now advocate MORE Bigfoot, sometimes ya just never know.

Gaz
11-24-2006, 12:27 PM
If a better FB stumbled into our laps, that would be great.

Failing that, let Wilson be. In fact, as scott free pointed out, counsel Green to look for Wilson in the passing game. One more weapon is one more weapon.

If you want to ponder upgrades, look at DT, OT & WR.

xoxo~
Gaz
Misses Richardson as much as anybody, but…

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2006, 12:28 PM
He IS a real FB.

And a real TE, and WR, and HB...

StcChief
11-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Bigfoot aka 'The secret weapon' should remain at FB.

Trent will recognize just like Huard did he is a solid check down player.

He may get a designed play just for him over time.
Seems there were some for TRich that could be dusted off.

Patience Bigfoot.

Frazod
11-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Bigfoot rocks as a FB. What a pleasant surprise.

Fish
11-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Keep him where he's at... his great hands add another dimension to the offense...

Chief Chief
11-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Wilson's complete-yet-abbreviated nickname:
BF the FB

Frazod
11-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm seriously considering getting an 84 jersey with the name "BIGFOOT" on it. :D

banyon
11-24-2006, 12:40 PM
I thought people were happy with Ronnie Cruz's production before his injury?

StcChief
11-24-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought people were happy with Ronnie Cruz's production before his injury?
Cruz was good, does he give options yes, cost to keep both?

The NFL is all about chances, too many replacement players have gone
on to be the starter. See Tiki Barber commercial.

Wilson's next few games should tell...

TrickyNicky
11-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't think it would be much of a choice for Bigfoot:
"Ok you can start at FB or play third-string TE."

Kylo Ren
11-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Bigfoot is playing FB/TE, right? He lines up at TE once in a while, doesn't he? I wouldn't waste a roster spot or draft pick on another FB. But, on the other hand, what if Bigfoot got injured? We'd be down our starting FB AND our 3rd TE.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Wilson is playing the position I always thought he should play. He's 6'2", he's not a true TE and never will be. But with his speed and hands, he can be a weapon in the passing game. Using him as an H-back is the logical thing to do.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 01:01 PM
What the hell? Why?

Wilson will embarrass most/all fullbacks when it comes to receiving and he's an excellent blocker.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2006, 01:05 PM
blocking is mostly about attitude and effort .... as long as wilson is trying hard we should keep him there.

he should get better as a blocker.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2006, 01:06 PM
he's an excellent blocker.
:spock:

no, but he's doing well and should become better.

try taking the homer glasses off while doing player evaluation.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
:spock:

no, but he's doing well and should become better.

try taking the homer glasses off while doing player evaluation.

No dipshit should play the homer card with me. Maybe logical could call me a homer and that'd be about it.

Wilson is an excellent blocker. Period. (Since you'll reply with some bullshit about he's not... find me a whiff; find me a sack allowed; find me a linebacker he missed the block on... here's a hint: you won't be able to.)

Mr. Laz
11-24-2006, 01:21 PM
No dipshit
who the **** are you talking to, stupid ass n00b?!?

i've taken a crap with more knowledge and experience than you ..... prolly more post too.

excellent blocker? what a fuggin moron ROFL

Gaz
11-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I saw several good blocks from Wilson last night.

He has some pretty big shoes to fill. He is still learning the position, but is doing a good job and could be a fine weapon once Green starts looking for him more.

xoxo~
Gaz
Surprised and pleased.

ChiefaRoo
11-24-2006, 02:30 PM
He needs a 40 series number if he's going to line up in the backfield. He can still play TE with that number like Dallas Clark for Indy. Other than that I say keep him where he is and use him as a BU TE. Ronnie Cruz was ok... but like most marginal players he can't stay healthy.

beer bacon
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
who the **** are you talking to, stupid ass n00b?!?

i've taken a crap with more knowledge and experience than you ..... prolly more post too.

excellent blocker? what a fuggin moron ROFL

Wilson has been a very good lead blocker since at least the Rams game.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Wilson has been a very good lead blocker since at least the Rams game.

Right.

I don't know why anyone is questioning Wilson. He was a bust under Vermeil (who wasn't?), but he's showing signs of why he was a second-round pick.

Where has he not been very good at blocking this season (from the fullback position)? He leads very impressively (just ask GoChiefs), and he doesn't pass block much but I haven't seen him beat in that department at all.

HemiEd
11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I would like to see him stay at FB, why mess with success. The coaches just need to convince Trent to look for him once in awhile. If he liked checking down to T-Rich he will love what Wilson can do.

WOW...i now advocate MORE Bigfoot, sometimes ya just never know.

You make a good point, every receiver has had to earn the Ball from Trent until he has confidence in them IMO.
Huard learned to trust Kris Wilson and I think Trent will too.
I think he threw one uncathable ball at his feet yesterday.

HemiEd
11-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Right.

He was a bust under Vermeil (who wasn't?),

You were doing fine until you said this dumbass comment. Several players overachieved under Vermeil and he is the reason we have a roster full of high Character players now.

Easy 6
11-24-2006, 04:20 PM
You make a good point, every receiver has had to earn the Ball from Trent until he has confidence in them IMO.
Huard learned to trust Kris Wilson and I think Trent will too.
I think he threw one uncathable ball at his feet yesterday.

I'm sure Trent will look to him more as we go along, they just need some practice time together.

I got thru watching the sopcast awhile ago and i counted atleast 5 instances where Kris jacked his man up on lead blocks, riding them right out of the play or decleating them.

His blocking is underrated, at 6'1" or 6'2" and 250 he's got the perfect size for it

Pitt Gorilla
11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
What happened to the people who wanted him cut?

jiveturkey
11-24-2006, 04:29 PM
An offseason focused entirely on the FB/H-Back position will only make him better.

Easy 6
What happened to the people who wanted him cut?

Cant speak for all, but in my case i have seen the wisdom in S'ing TFU!!!

Yet in fairness, nothing up until this year pointed to this kind of success.

Redcoats58
I think what we need down in the red zone is to line up in the I-Formation with Wilson at fullback and Gonzo split out, they cant cover both of them, now we could pass or run and I bet we could get some good red zone production.

CupidStunt
11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Several players overachieved under Vermeil and he is the reason we have a roster full of high Character players now.

And several underachieved, most notably those drafted - ala Kris Wilson.

High character?

Guys like Will Shields and Tony Gonzalez were all here before Vermeil. And some of our best players are here largely in SPITE of Vermeil.

Where did Vermeil get us? No where.

redsurfer11
11-26-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm all for the Chiefs drafting Brian Leonard from Rutgers. He is the best blocking FB I've ever seen. He also has excellent hands(leads Rutgers in receiving), and could take 8-10 carries away from LJ's workload. He's a perfect fit for the Chiefs, and would improve our team greatly. I would draft this kid in the first round, if no good Tackles are left at that time.

el borracho
11-26-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm all for the Chiefs drafting Brian Leonard from Rutgers. He is the best blocking FB I've ever seen. He also has excellent hands(leads Rutgers in receiving), and could take 8-10 carries away from LJ's workload. He's a perfect fit for the Chiefs, and would improve our team greatly. I would draft this kid in the first round, if no good Tackles are left at that time.
A fullback in the 1st? That is crazy talk! There are so many positions that should be filled before fullback- OT, DT, C, OG, WR, DE, CB. In fact, I will be pretty unhappy if the Chiefs draft a fullback at all.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't think he means in the first round...

kcfanXIII
11-26-2006, 04:23 AM
keep him where he is. it gets him on the field at the same time as tony g, and will be used by trent effectively eventually.

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:45 AM

Has Wilson balked at switching positions?

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:46 AM
I don't think he means in the first round...

Then why did he say first round?

CupidStunt
11-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Leonard's also the best blocking FB I've ever seen at the collegiate level... but I wouldn't touch him in the first.

If not for the fact that he's a fullback but for the fact that WE DON'T F'ING NEED ONE!

boogblaster
11-26-2006, 08:27 AM
BIGFOOT is quality, more useage than a 3-armed whore..although dont think he could take on 5 at a time...

ct
11-26-2006, 08:27 AM
We'll get TRich back in the off-season. One more year before he retires a CHIEF where he belongs!

KChiefs1
11-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I wonder if T-Rich regrets that move to Minnesota? How much extra $$$$ did he make by going up there?

Adept Havelock
11-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Leave him at FB. Heck, we drafted him to play H-Back.

RINGLEADER
11-26-2006, 11:51 AM
I think T-Rich got a vet minimum deal didn't he?

And I too wish they'd peel Gonzo and/or Bigfoot out on goalline plays. But we never do misdirection like that - even though our opponents seen to have no problems running it on us.

Iowanian
11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I think Cruz will be back or they'll bring in another FB next season....enough going into a season with 1 player at the position. Bigfoot may be the starting FB, but it wouldn't hurt a damn thing to have a bruising short yardage blocker.

morphius
11-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I think T-Rich got a vet minimum deal didn't he?

And I too wish they'd peel Gonzo and/or Bigfoot out on goalline plays. But we never do misdirection like that - even though our opponents seen to have no problems running it on us.
No, he got more then the min.

PastorMikH
11-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I think Wilson is doing fine and have no problem putting him in as FB. I also wouldn't mind leaving him there as he does bring a lot to the position - he reminds me a lot of Kimble Anders.

As for his happieness, will he be happier on the field playing as a FB or as a TE on the bench behind Gonzo and Dunn?

Mr. Laz
11-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I think Cruz will be back or they'll bring in another FB next season....enough going into a season with 1 player at the position. Bigfoot may be the starting FB, but it wouldn't hurt a damn thing to have a bruising short yardage blocker.
Turley?

Nightwish
11-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm seriously considering getting an 84 jersey with the name "BIGFOOT" on it. :D
:hmmm: