PDA

View Full Version : More red zone production please!

Frankie
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
As much as I am pumped by last night's wipping of the Donks, I think If most of our first-and-goals were vonvertyed into TDs this game wouldn't even be close. We need some way to perform better in the redzone or we'll be in trouble down the road. Agree? Disagree?

morphius
11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I figured it would take Green a couple days to get back into a rhythm, and this short week didn't allow that. Hopefully with the semi bye week he will have plenty of time to get back into it.

htismaqe
Agree.

And thanks for recognizing that it's PRODUCTION, instead of just posting yet another bitch and moan thread about the playcalling.

cdcox
Over all we've done very well in the red zone this year. Denver has the best redzone defense in the league. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over one game.

Frankie
11-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Agree.

And thanks for recognizing that it's PRODUCTION, instead of just posting yet another bitch and moan thread about the playcalling.I have done that?! :shrug:

beer bacon
11-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Over all we've done very well in the red zone this year. Denver has the best redzone defense in the league. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over one game.

I can't find the site now, but football outsiders had us at the #2 red zone offense before yesterday's game.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I have done that?! :shrug:

No, you haven't done that. That's why I was thanking you. :thumb:

KCGridironBeast
11-24-2006, 03:01 PM
This is something that can be turned around easily...it's not like it's a chronic problem for us. I expect the Chiefs to enjoy their days off, then roll into Cleveland and execute much better in the red zone.

TinyEvel
11-24-2006, 03:18 PM

What he said. (though I was a bit disappointed we didn't get more TD's. And I don't even have LJ on my FF team. But, I mean, who wouldn't be?)

Frankie
11-24-2006, 03:23 PM
This is something that can be turned around easily...it's not like it's a chronic problem for us. I expect the Chiefs to enjoy their days off, then roll into Cleveland and execute much better in the red zone.
We need to get Gonzo more involved in the end zone.

StcChief
11-24-2006, 03:31 PM
The EK drop was an anomoly. He makes that end zone catch 9/10 times.

Agreed Gonzo over the middle, be ready for a dual mugging.

Frankie
11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
The EK drop was an anomoly. He makes that end zone catch 9/10 times.

Agreed Gonzo over the middle, be ready for a dual mugging.
EK has been clutch. especially in the recent weeks. I agree with you about his drop.

Easy 6
11-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I have no doubts that it will improve drastically in the coming weeks, the mix of Trent shaking out the cobwebs & getting back in sync with guys will cure it.

Some of those touch passes to the flat and a few others vs. dinveer were purely rust, that will shape up.

He threw enough quick whips to let me know that he will be fine and
and the redzone %'s will only get better.

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 03:48 PM
I have no doubts that it will improve drastically in the coming weeks, the mix of Trent shaking out the cobwebs & getting back in sync with guys will cure it.

Some of those touch passes to the flat and a few others vs. dinveer were purely rust, that will shape up.

He threw enough quick whips to let me know that he will be fine and
and the redzone %'s will only get better.

Yeppers.

redbrian
11-25-2006, 03:51 PM
You know I think some of you would be upset with a wart on (insert name of your ideal gal) bum, and kick her out of bed.

If you score more points then the other guys you win, (hypothetical games don’t count in the standings).

Reerun_KC
11-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I always bitch about Edwards and the play calling... Hitsmaque knows that.

But during this game. I felt that the way the defense was playing we were not going ot take any chances in the Redzone period. We were going to run very safe plays and IF they scored great, but we were going to take the 3 and put the D back on the field. Run the ball, kick field goals and play defense.

It worked last night.

Redcoats58
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
This team is different then a Vermeil led team. In the Vermeil years when we were up by 6 in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter you knew it wasn't going to be good enough. Herm has made me have a confidence that this team can hold a 6 point lead no matter the situation. It's a good feeling, I'm glad our defense is back.