PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Arkansas fans......

Mecca
11-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Your team better win this damn game.....

tk13
11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Touchdown LSU. Arkansas is in trouble now.

Mecca
11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Blah, Arkansas is choking.......

Mecca
11-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Well Darren McFadden just put them back in the game.

JBucc
11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Casey Dick sucks. I hate Houston Nutt. McFadden is God.

Mecca
11-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Oh great job guys....you lost.

Mecca
11-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Arkansas has about a high school level passing game.....

NewChief
11-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I can't believe they didn't pull Dick in the 3rd Quarter. Pathetic.

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Excellent!!

Now..

Go Colorado over Nebraska

Then tomorrow..

Go Bulldogs (against Ga Tech)
Go Cocks (against Clemson)

and of course..

Go Gators!! (against Fla State)

AustinChief
11-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Excellent!!

Now..

Then tomorrow..

Go Bulldogs (against Ga Tech)
Go Cocks (against Clemson)

and of course..

Go Gators!! (against Fla State)

this actually HURTS your Gators... This takes them out of any title shot now... almost impossible for them to leapfrog Michigan even with two strong wins to close the season.

this also hurts USC... U-M is looking better and better for the title game UNLESS USC AND Florida win out then USC MAY have a shot...

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2006, 05:30 PM
this actually HURTS your Gators... This takes them out of any title shot now... almost impossible for them to leapfrog Michigan even with two strong wins to close the season.

this also hurts USC... U-M is looking better and better for the title game UNLESS USC AND Florida win out then USC MAY have a shot...

That's where you're wrong. It helps our strength of schedule while weakening USC's strength of schedule. We defeated LSU. So our s.o.s. goes up, USC's goes down. Now, if we beat Arkansas in the SEC Championship game, our overall s.o.s. will go up again (defeating a 10-win team) while USC's will go down again.

Our title shots are low already because ESPN/ABC want them to be low (they're pimping of OSU-Michigan rematch or OSU-USC matchup). Our best chance is for USC to beat ND (lowering Michigan's s.o.s.) and then UCLA beating USC.

I'm just going to let things play out and then bitch if we're 12-1 and held out of the NC game.

AustinChief
11-24-2006, 05:49 PM
That's where you're wrong. It helps our strength of schedule while weakening USC's strength of schedule. We defeated LSU. So our s.o.s. goes up, USC's goes down. Now, if we beat Arkansas in the SEC Championship game, our overall s.o.s. will go up again (defeating a 10-win team) while USC's will go down again.

Our title shots are low already because ESPN/ABC want them to be low (they're pimping of OSU-Michigan rematch or OSU-USC matchup). Our best chance is for USC to beat ND (lowering Michigan's s.o.s.) and then UCLA beating USC.

I'm just going to let things play out and then bitch if we're 12-1 and held out of the NC game.

Actually your s.o.s. goes up MARGINALLY while going down significantly in the end (assuming you would beat Arkansas)... beating a one loss team carries much more weight then your victory over a two-loss LSU.

...but your right that the odds were against you... next time Florida needs to schedule some better out of conference games... Your s.o.s. is gonna kill you at the end of the year. Michigan would be in the same boat if it they didn't have Notre Dame on their schedule.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Now USC please take care of Notre Dame tommorrow.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I LLLOOOOVVVEEEE the BCS.

I would like nothing more than to see Notre Dame beat USC and make it to the title game, over the Michigan team that took them out behind the woodshed. The more times it happens, the more they'll at least tweak the system that's horribly broken...

Jim Jones
11-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Houston Nuttless blew it again. Shoulda gave it to McFadden on that last drive.. either a running play, as a receiver, or as the QB in wildcat formation.. ANYTHING but putting the game on the back of Casey f'n Dick.

jlscorpio
11-24-2006, 06:21 PM
How the **** do you leave your 5 Star recruit on the pine as your pathetic excuse for a QB goes 3 for 15???? PATHETIC!

Mecca
11-24-2006, 06:28 PM

Just so you know......USC has a top 5 SOS while Florida's is 32........big bad SEC my ass.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Just so you know......USC has a top 5 SOS while Florida's is 32........big bad SEC my ass.

If USC makes the title game AGAIN, where does that put them in the pantheon of college football?

I gotta think this is one of the more remarkable runs in NCAA history...

Mecca
11-24-2006, 06:58 PM
If USC makes the title game AGAIN, where does that put them in the pantheon of college football?

I gotta think this is one of the more remarkable runs in NCAA history...

I'd say it's pretty remarkable although the next 2-3 years should be alot better than this year despite still possibly making the title game, USC has a chance to have an all time great run for a long time.

JBucc
11-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm rooting for USC now just because I don't want a rematch. And I want a shot at Notre Dame in a BCS bowl.

Bob Dole
11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
How the **** do you leave your 5 Star recruit on the pine as your pathetic excuse for a QB goes 3 for 15???? PATHETIC!

Same way you send your best player on a 50 yard pass route on 1st and 10 when your shitty 3-for-15 QB that should have been replaced in the first half can't throw the ball 30 yards. So then your best player can stand on the sideline on 2nd down because he just ran another windsprint while you...

Oh screw it. Houston Nutt and the coaching staff are idiots.

Bugeater
11-24-2006, 08:27 PM

:spock: How the heck would that game affect Florida's BCS ranking?

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Actually your s.o.s. goes up MARGINALLY while going down significantly in the end (assuming you would beat Arkansas)... beating a one loss team carries much more weight then your victory over a two-loss LSU.

...but your right that the odds were against you... next time Florida needs to schedule some better out of conference games... Your s.o.s. is gonna kill you at the end of the year. Michigan would be in the same boat if it they didn't have Notre Dame on their schedule.

Before the season began we had the #1 most difficult schedule in the country. It was just bad luck that Alabama, Georgia and Florida State all had down years.

As far as out of conference schedules, I suppose they could add another tough game. However, we play FSU every year and they're usually a top-15 game. Also, in 2008 we'll be playing Miami and FSU as out-of-conf. games.

This year it didn't work out, but generally playing a schedule of Tennesee, Georgia, LSU, Florida State plus 2/3 of Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas PLUS the SEC Champ. game is tough enough.