PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore at Kansas City NBC's flex game?

KChiefs1
11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
http://www.nbcsports.com/flexweek14/index.html

I guess we find out on Tuesday, but it has to be one of the main contenders....

WEEK 14
Potential games: New Orleans vs. Dallas (Fox), Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville (CBS), Denver vs. San Diego(CBS), Baltimore vs Kansas City(CBS)

CBS has to be pissed about this deal because the AFC games are far superior to the NFC games so you know that NBC is going to be robbing them big-time.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
No way we unseat St. Manning.

Crashride
11-24-2006, 06:49 PM
The more chiefs games on national tv the better. Im tired of going to sports bars to watch the game. I enjoy half time sex

runnercyclist
11-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Denver vs SD, my guess. What with Denver's new QB and all.

Crashride
11-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I guess im rooting for the chargers again...I feel dirty

StcChief
11-24-2006, 06:51 PM
CBS has to be pissed about this deal because the AFC games are far superior to the NFC games so you know that NBC is going to be robbing them big-time.

So what else is new..... been that way for several years,
I guess their TVcontract people doing the negoitating are not worth a sh1t.

Welcome to stupid media that can't think past 24 hours.

KChiefs1
11-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I guess we'll find out on Tuesday. I think the Chiefs have a chance to get this game because the NFL would want to get Baltimore on national tv.

thedude
11-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Denver vs SD, my guess. What with Denver's new QB and all.

No way denver gets flexed again. The last Denver/SD got flexed, Denvers game next sunday was flexed, and another flexing would give them 7 national games. Everyone hates them too, so we don't need to see more Shanarat

Its either us or the Indy game. Hopefully we can snag this one.

KCinNY
11-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Screw that.

I hate waiting around all day Sunday to watch the Chiefs on Sunday night. Let NBC slobber Manning's knob some more. I want to stay under the radar.

Easy 6
11-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I WONT hold my breath, thats whats killing me this year, its like the schedule makers just wrote us off for 06.

It will take an Earth shattering cataclysm to see this on national tv.

Boys or manning, take your pick.

CHENZ A!
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I hope it is us, I love night games. I'd be very surprised if they pass up the Dallas, or Indy game though. Maybe the atmosphere last night will sway them though.

tk13
11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Denver's maxed out their flex schedule appearances, I'm pretty sure, I think you can only appear twice. So it won't be Denver/San Diego.

CBS is going to protect our game, or the Indy/Jax game, I'm not sure which. Which one they protect will probably be the big 1 pm game. The one they leave open will be the SNF game, I expect.

StcChief
11-24-2006, 07:50 PM
If we keep winning and the SD game seems a AFCW
title game the a Sunday night game is likely considering the possible game implicatation that sunday.

(I'm not sure how the Chargers lose 2 games) to make it the title game.

Chiefs schedule...........
Brownies (away)
Ravens
--SandyEggo (away)

in the next three to make this 'the AFC showdown'

SandyEggo Schedule.................
Oakland
Beefalo (away)
Dungver
--Chiefs

Bugeater
11-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Denver's maxed out their flex schedule appearances, I'm pretty sure, I think you can only appear twice. So it won't be Denver/San Diego.

CBS is going to protect our game, or the Indy/Jax game, I'm not sure which. Which one they protect will probably be the big 1 pm game. The one they leave open will be the SNF game, I expect.
What do you mean by "protect"? Are the networks allowed to block one particular game from being flexed?

tk13
11-24-2006, 07:58 PM
The cruddy thing about that 2nd Charger game... is that's a FOX doubleheader weekend, or that would almost certainly be the national 4 PM game.

The game I'm most confident in is the Jacksonville game... if we both get down to the end going for the playoffs like we are now, that will definitely be on national TV. It'll be either SNF or a nationwide 4 pm game on CBS, I'm sure. They don't have to announce that schedule move until 6 days before though. I have to say I like the flex schedule for that reason though... it guarantees if the Chiefs are in the hunt for the last playoff spot or two, we'll be on TV for everybody to see.

tk13
11-24-2006, 08:04 PM
What do you mean by "protect"? Are the networks allowed to block one particular game from being flexed?
Yes, one of the rules is: that both CBS and FOX get to protect a game 5 times in the 7 weeks of flex. You can only protect one game in a week, they haven't really announced when or where they've used these though. I'm just assuming with all the good games coming up in a couple weeks, CBS will protect one of them.

Then again they could think there's so many good games, they'll let NBC pick what they want, and still have a couple great matchups left over.

Here are some of the rules.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

Bugeater
11-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes, one of the rules is: that both CBS and FOX get to protect a game 5 times in the 7 weeks of flex. You can only protect one game in a week, they haven't really announced when or where they've used these though. I'm just assuming with all the good games coming up in a couple weeks, CBS will protect one of them.

Then again they could think there's so many good games, they'll let NBC pick what they want, and still have a couple great matchups left over.

Here are some of the rules.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible
Huh, I wasn't aware of that. I always wondered how the NFL convinced CBS and FOX to let NBC cherry-pick games. If the Eggo game has division title implications I would think CBS would protect that one for sure considering it's the toughest division in the NFL. All I can say is we better get picked for one of them, we deserve at least one prime-time game that's not on NFLN.

NJ Chief Fan
11-24-2006, 09:54 PM
thats bull shit if nbc moves donx/sd to sunday night for the second time this year

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2006, 10:27 PM
This week's game is kinda lame. Colts-Eagles? It'll be a bloodbath.

chief52
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
" Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly. "

I love this one. "Plan accordingly"! Well, if you live near the stadium it is not a big deal. But people having to drive a long way will be screwed. I think the flex scheduling sucks myself.

KChiefs1
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
This week's game is kinda lame. Colts-Eagles? It'll be a bloodbath.

I wonder why NBC chose that one over Chicago vs New England?

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2006, 10:44 PM

I'll bet that's the one CBS (or FOX) protected.

beer bacon
11-25-2006, 12:37 AM

They have to choose them pretty early. I think they chose it before McNabb got hurt.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-25-2006, 01:41 AM
I think we will get one out of these three...

Bmore at KC
KC at SD
Jax at KC

I hope we get the Bmore game. That would be awesome!! (assuming we beat Cleveland)

boogblaster
11-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know our record on nite games...think its pretty good...

chiefqueen
11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
" Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly. "

I love this one. "Plan accordingly"! Well, if you live near the stadium it is not a big deal. But people having to drive a long way will be screwed. I think the flex scheduling sucks myself.

I'm eagerly anticipating the wailing that will be done on this board if the JAX/KC New Year's Eve game gets flexed.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2006, 09:26 AM
They have to choose them pretty early. I think they chose it before McNabb got hurt.

Exactly......it was chosen before McNabb went down. They choose like 12 days in advance.

KChiefs1
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
It's looking likely that NBC will be choosing New Orleans vs Dallas as their game because Bob Costas just basically said it during halftime.

noa
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Bob Costas just said he expects it to be Dallas and New Orleans during the Halftime Show. As much as I like KC vs. Bal, I think the Saints and Cowboys have more appeal nation-wide.

Dammit, I was three minutes late on this announcement. You beat me to the punch KChiefs1

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Reggie Bush, Tony Romo, TO and Dallas Cowboys = SNF game Dec. 10. A shitty game will be chosen bc the talking heads love these figures too much.

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
By the way I think KC at SD will be the SNF game.

dirk digler
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
It's looking likely that NBC will be choosing New Orleans vs Dallas as their game because Bob Costas just basically said it during halftime.

That's BS. Who wants to see the Saints?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Why would they go with the crappy NFC teams over the AFC matchup? Oh yeah...it's Dallas and TO.

Mr. Kotter
11-26-2006, 09:51 PM
That's BS. Who wants to see the Saints?

It's that touchy-feely feel-good BS.....you know, the Saints renewing hope and dreams in the Big Easy a year after Katrina.....yadda, yadda, yadda...bullshit.

FWIW, I do think the KC-SD game will be moved though.

dirk digler
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
It's that touchy-feely feel-good BS.....you know, the Saints renewing hope and dreams in the Big Easy a year after Katrina.....yadda, yadda, yadda...bullshit.

They already had their Monday night game for all that touchy-feely feel-good BS.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM

Well that's great...for the Chargers. Arrowhead is monster, why do we not get a lot of these primetime games? For awhile now, we've been getting some primetime games, but only on the road. Are they in denial that Arrowhead is awesome? And it's not that if we are good team or not, because there are a lot of bad teams on MNF and SNF every year, consistently, that shouldn't be on there.

Logical
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Dallas has always been a media darling so I would bet on Dallas - New Orleans

Mr. Kotter
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM
They already had their Monday night game for all that touchy-feely feel-good BS.This is a season long suck-fest....like for the "Patriots" after 9/11. :doh!:
Well that's great...for the Chargers. Arrowhead is monster, why do we not get a lot of these primetime games? For awhile now, we've been getting some primetime games, but only on the road. Are they in denial that Arrowhead is awesome? And it's not that if we are good team or not, because there are a lot of bad teams on MNF and SNF every year, consistently, that shouldn't be on there.
I share your frustration. I just don't think it's really intentional; more a function of we are KC....not Dallas, Oakland, or East Coast media darlings.

tk13
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I wonder if FOX will protect the Cowboys game... that's definitely the best game on their network that week. But there's two weeks that you can't protect a game, maybe Costas knows this won't be one of them.

dirk digler
11-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I wonder if FOX will protect the Cowboys game... that's definitely the best game on their network that week. But there's two weeks that you can't protect a game, maybe Costas knows this won't be one of them.

CBS and Fox will be able to protect five games during the seven weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game per week.

kcxiv
11-26-2006, 10:20 PM
NM, i dont know what i seen, but i seen LT . lol

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Actually, there's no way FOX does NOT protect that game, right?

VonneMarie
11-26-2006, 10:30 PM
I wonder how come the CLE/KC game didn't get flexed.

Hoover
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
I think CBS and Fox might want to be keeping their rights to protect games for the final 2 weeks of the season.

If Balt ve Chiefs is available NBC will take it

tk13
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Actually, there's no way FOX does NOT protect that game, right?
They can only protect games 5 out of the 7 flex-weeks, so yes, there will be two weeks where they have no protection (insert witty joke here).

noa
11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
(insert witty joke here).

That's what she said!!!!

VonneMarie
11-26-2006, 10:41 PM
That's what she said!!!!
LMAO

chief52
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
They can only protect games 5 out of the 7 flex-weeks, so yes, there will be two weeks where they have no protection (insert witty joke here).

Yes, and I am sure they are saving their "trump cards" for the last weeks of the season.

KChiefs1
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
CBS and Fox will be able to protect five games during the seven weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game per week.

I'm surprised CBS & Fox agreed to that...I would have thought they'd want to protect their best game each week(7 games during the 7 weeks) instead of only 5 games.

As much as everyone has been sucking on Romo's dick today(Jessica Simpson too?), I just have a feeling that NO vs Dallas is going to be the game that NBC flexes.

BigRedChief
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
NFL.com's Flex scheduling 101

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Begins Sunday, November 12, 2006 (Week 10) In effect Weeks 10-15 and Week 17. Not in effect Week 16 due to holiday weekend. Only Sunday afternoon games in Weeks 10-15 and 17 are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window. The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET. No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games. The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce on 12 days notice the game being moved to 8:15 p.m. ET and may also announce games moving to 4:15 p.m. ET. Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications. The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list teams as "TBD." Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly. NFL schedules all games. CBS and FOX each get to protect a total of 5 games in the 7 weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game in any week. Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.