PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen - wow

CupidStunt
11-25-2006, 08:02 AM
I didn't know this, but it's quite an insane stat that shows just how good our guy is.

He leads all NFL defensive ends in solo tackles with 46. The next closest is Julius Peppers... with 32!.

Psyko Tek
11-25-2006, 08:25 AM
BUY THAT MAN A BEER!!!

and please call him a cab

Gaz
11-25-2006, 08:26 AM
He is fun to watch, isn’t he?

xoxo~
Gaz
Wishes he had a DT with that kind of drive.

boogblaster
11-25-2006, 08:28 AM
A DT & WR would be the first two picks next year if I were king....

the Talking Can
11-25-2006, 08:29 AM
most under rated player in league?

or most under-hyped game changer?

he will get big $$$$$$$....great draft pick

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Allen was a 4th-rounder, so he's restricted I believe. Which is good, because we're gonna have to match some pretty big offers...

the Talking Can
11-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Allen was a 4th-rounder, so he's restricted I believe. Which is good, because we're gonna have to match some pretty big offers...

I can't see us letting Allen and LJ (duh) go anywhere....even if it meant losing say Mitchell...you pay playmakers....CP will take care of it...

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I can't see us letting Allen and LJ (duh) go anywhere....even if it meant losing say Mitchell...you pay playmakers....CP will take care of it...

Oh yeah, we'll match anything he gets, bank on it. But you can also bank on the fact it's gonna take up some cap space to do it.

the Talking Can
11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh yeah, we'll match anything he gets, bank on it. But you can also bank on the fact it's gonna take up some cap space to do it.

both LJ and Allen could ask for record/top deals....Lamar may pass away from looking at the bill...lol

Coach
11-25-2006, 09:00 AM
The funny thing is, Allen would have way more than 46 tackles if he wasn't blatently held all the ****ing time.

morphius
11-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Of course the NFL really made the matching offers a lot more impossible when they allowed Minnesota to get away with that stupid contract to the Seattle OL, and in return let Seattle give one of MN some contract that paid more if he played so many games from another city.

So basically someone could steal anyone in the league by saying that if you are on the roster for your current team while it plays 6 games in said state you get a $500,000,000 bonus.

Bowser
11-25-2006, 10:30 AM
JARED ALLEN WAS TEH OFFSIDES EVERY PLAY!!! [/every Bronco fan everywhere]

DaFace
11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
JARED ALLEN WAS TEH OFFSIDES EVERY PLAY!!! [/every Bronco fan everywhere]

I know you're kidding about that one, but I was AMAZED at how closely he was timing everything. I slowed down a couple that he looked offsides on just to see what happened first - the snap or him moving. They happened almost EXACTLY simultaneously. He had the timing down perfectly.

Demonpenz
11-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I know you're kidding about that one, but I was AMAZED at how closely he was timing everything. I slowed down a couple that he looked offsides on just to see what happened first - the snap or him moving. They happened almost EXACTLY simultaneously. He had the timing down perfectly.

On a couple of those he knew that the broncos had to hurry it was the playclock was going down our the game clock was. So a second after every got set he knew and I knew that they had to snap the ball.

Thig Lyfe
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM

He has one of the best jumps on the snap I have ever seen.

nychief
11-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Pro bowl

Coach
11-25-2006, 11:01 AM
What's really fun was watching him grow. During his rookie year, he could rush the passer, that's for sure, but he couldn't stop the run very well.

Now he can do both quite relitively very well.

Fish
11-25-2006, 11:25 AM
He has one of the best jumps on the snap I have ever seen.

I remember this guy a few years back.... #58 I think.... that had a little better step off the ball.... back in the days when the defense could try and make the offensive line flinch...

He'd usually get 2-3 false start calls on the offense cause they just flat couldn't stop his initial move and they knew it.....

Allen does do very well in his own right though........

Que Card QB
11-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I watched the replay where Gumble and Collinsworth "swore someone jumped". Jared keyed on the snap perfectly. I think it was Nalen at the time, rose his head just before he'd snapped it.

Sure-Oz
11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Get a few decent DT's you'll see more awesome play.

Gaz
11-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Get a few decent DT's you'll see more awesome play.

Amen.

xoxo~
Gaz
Finally gave up hope on Sims.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-25-2006, 01:34 PM
He should make the pro bowl.

He should've made it last year, btw.

FAX
11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Ja-red does not quit. Not on any play. Not at any time. I think this completely uncoachable characteristic explains the stat.

He's a keeper.

FAX

KCJohnny
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Jared is my team MVP. He is Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas rolled in to one beastly DE.

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Jared is my team MVP. He is Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas rolled in to one beastly DE.

The thing is, Hali looks ALMOST as good! If we had even a little better push up the middle, Hali and Allen would be as feard as Smith and Thomas were...

KurtCobain
11-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Jared Allen does kick the arse.

Brock
11-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Ja-red does not quit. Not on any play. Not at any time. I think this completely uncoachable characteristic explains the stat.

He's a keeper.

FAX

If he can stay out of prison.

milkman
11-25-2006, 02:27 PM
He is fun to watch, isn’t he?

xoxo~
Gaz
Wishes he had a DT with that kind of drive.

I think James Reed actually has that kind of drive.
He just doesn't have the talent to match.

Bowser
11-25-2006, 02:29 PM

I was not aware he has murdered anybody.

FAX
11-25-2006, 02:31 PM

LMAO

An appropriate and apposite caviat, Mr. Brock.

But, if Ja-red had to play in leg shackles it would inhibit only his ability to drop back in pass coverage.

FAX

Brock
11-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I was not aware he has murdered anybody.

A couple more DUIs and he won't have to murder anyone.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2006, 02:34 PM
This should be a fun week. Cleveland has allowed 39 sacks.

Kerberos
11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I think James Reed actually has that kind of drive.
He just doesn't have the talent to match.
Sims has that sort of drive and MOTOR ..... When he sees a CrispyCreme out his rearview mirror.... It's like watching the Dukes of Hazzard KC Edition. He doesn't stop.

Thig Lyfe
11-25-2006, 03:40 PM
I remember this guy a few years back.... #58 I think.... that had a little better step off the ball.... back in the days when the defense could try and make the offensive line flinch...

He'd usually get 2-3 false start calls on the offense cause they just flat couldn't stop his initial move and they knew it.....

Allen does do very well in his own right though........

"One of" the best.

DT is #1 though.

Ebolapox
11-25-2006, 03:46 PM
his 'big' contract should include some disclaimers that if he drinks and drives, he has to pay back his bonus money for every offense AND be forced to apologize to people whose kids have died as a result of drunken drivers

Anyong Bluth
11-25-2006, 04:42 PM
dude may be sitting 4 games to start next year, though b/c of his 2nd DUI, which would kill his diversion agreement.