PDA

View Full Version : Bad times in Donkeyland...

T-post Tom
11-25-2006, 10:54 AM
So you're bent over, "taking an angry Johnson up the middle" on national t.v. You're punked by your bitter rivals and lose your footing in the playoff race. Your starting quarterback is demoralized and about to get benched. Your formerly vaunted running game can only muster an embarassing 38 yards. And now you have a week to hear about it in the local and national media. Can't get any worse, right?

Darrent Williams fined $15,000
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated:11/24/2006 03:06:29 PM MST

Broncos starting cornerback Darrent Williams was fined $15,000 for arguing with an official late in Sunday's game against San Diego, it was announced today.

Williams argued with an official and was flagged for a personal foul after the Chargers took a 35-27 lead with 1:17 left in the game.

Williams' agent, Jeff Griffin, said today they will appeal the fine.

LMAO

Bwana
11-25-2006, 11:00 AM
LMAO: Something tells me the donks are REALLY going to miss Tags.

Great Read..........

StcChief
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
pocket change to these guys

blueballs
11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
their sister team in dirty line play the Falcons
are hated just as much in the south
their QB is also a joke

T-post Tom
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM

Agreed. It's not so much about the money as the fact that he was fined for arguing with a ref. Typical donkey behavior.

TEX
11-25-2006, 11:35 AM
F*CK DENVER and everything they stand for.

T-post Tom
11-25-2006, 11:40 AM
LMAO: Something tells me the donks are REALLY going to miss Tags.

Great Read..........

Good point. I guess Cutler won't be eligible for the "Unofficial Patrick Dennis Bowlen Deferred Compensation Plan."

FAX
11-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Good point. I guess Cutler won't be eligible for the "Unofficial Patrick Dennis Bowlen Deferred Compensation Plan."

LMAO

The UPDBDC.

After the draft, I had a feeling that there would be a QB controversy in the land of the mountain dwarfs at some point this year.

Living in Nashville, I've seen Cutler play a lot. He has skills, but if anyone thinks he's ready for the big show, they need time off to rest their head.

FAX

Easy 6
11-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Just for sick giggles i would encourage one & all to go take a peek inside the mange. The level of denial and outright horseshittery they are now talking is beyond compare.

I find myself struggling MIGHTILY to maintain my dignity and a modicum of class, we get credit for NADA, its ALL on their mistakes.

They still cling HOPELESSLY to Superbowls won in the last decade, yeah...a lot of "wheres your rings" hokum.

Its hi-LARRY-ous though how overrun they are with CHIEFS fans from various boards at the moment...its REALLY giving them the RED ass.

Go see for yourselves......

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 02:11 PM
LMAO

The UPDBDC.

After the draft, I had a feeling that there would be a QB controversy in the land of the mountain dwarfs at some point this year.

Living in Nashville, I've seen Cutler play a lot. He has skills, but if anyone thinks he's ready for the big show, they need time off to rest their head.

FAX

I said it before the draft. I said it after the draft. Nothing has changed.

Cutler has a big arm and is very accurate. He also has some question marks between his ears. He's got alot of learning to do.

FAX
11-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I said it before the draft. I said it after the draft. Nothing has changed.

Cutler has a big arm and is very accurate. He also has some question marks between his ears. He's got alot of learning to do.

Agreed, Mr. htismaqe. I've heard that Cutler has shown well in practice, but he isn't ready. Not even close. The step up from Vanderbilt to the NFL too great for such a short period of time. I suspect he will look like a typical rookie QB well over his head in dog pootie

Makes one wonder that Shanahan is thinking, doesn't it?

FAX

Brock
11-25-2006, 02:20 PM

Not really, that's almost a game check for Williams.

SLAG
11-25-2006, 02:22 PM
They still cling HOPELESSLY to Superbowls won in the last decade, yeah...a lot of "wheres your rings" hokum.

Go see for yourselves......

where are our rings???!?

:(

:huh:

:sulk:

Easy 6
11-25-2006, 02:41 PM

where are our rings???!?

:(

:huh:

:sulk:

On the glimmering horizon...... :kc:

kcfanXIII
11-25-2006, 02:50 PM
i find it "hi-LARRY-ous" that plummer is getting benched due to the loss that wasn't really his fault, he had a decent game. do i think he's a good qb, no, i don't even think he's average. but to blame the donks loss on him is like giving trent credit for the win.

as for trolling the mange, i think i'll pass. i don't have time to try talking sence into donkey fans right now. it'd probably take less time for me to show the bush supporters they're wrong.

milkman
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Agreed, Mr. htismaqe. I've heard that Cutler has shown well in practice, but he isn't ready. Not even close. The step up from Vanderbilt to the NFL too great for such a short period of time. I suspect he will look like a typical rookie QB well over his head in dog pootie

FAX

He's probably fianlly come to grips with the reality that the Fake is not a QB that can lead any team to a SB, and is giving Cutler the chance to get his growing pains underway.

FAX
11-25-2006, 03:00 PM
He's probably fianlly come to grips with the reality that the Fake is not a QB that can lead any team to a SB, and is giving Cutler the chance to get his growing pains underway.

That has to be it, Mr. milkman. It's the only logical explanation. The thing is that the goats are not out of playoff contention by a long shot. And, I don't see Cutler helping them in this respect.

Could it be that Ratty has also had compatibility issues with Plummer?

FAX

RealSNR
11-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Darrent Williams is getting to be one of the more hated Broncos on my list. The Donk fans say "now you know why we hate your midget Dante" but Dante isn't a punk ass midget bitch. Darrent argues all the time and thinks he's all that. I'd like to see him try to cover Tony Gonzalez on a play next season and get his head stampeded into the ground

rad
11-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Cutler kinda scares me. Can't explain it much, just a gut thing. I'm glad we're done with the Donx this year. Unless we meet in the playoffs somehow....

htismaqe
11-25-2006, 07:59 PM

That's exactly what it is.

He's mailing in the season because he knows Jake is a lost cause.

If a miracle happens and Cutler gets them there, it's gravy. If not, he's ready for next season.

RedDread
11-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Shanny is ****ed either way unless they win the SB, cause whatever decision he makes at QB will inevitably be the wrong one....

Unreal how whiny the OM has gotten this week. It's like they've forgotten they're still in great position for a WC spot.

GROB
11-25-2006, 08:35 PM

FAX

Playing in Vanderbilt can get a Q as ready for the NFL as quick as anything. Here is the kicker he has played 4 years in college, played on bad football teams where he had to make decisions quick and got sacked a lot. How does a guy not even close to NFL get SEC player of the year. He looke=ed comfortable in preseason and I know it's preseason but still had a few TD drives against #1 D's. Face it you don't want to give a rival player credit for being a great talent. It will take 4 games to see where he is at as it is an unknown, but it is clear Bummer isn't the guy.

boogblaster
11-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Donks deserve all that is coming to the rat-led, foul-blocking, no running, ancient recieving, no QB, cheesy-owned pukes.....

FAX
11-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Playing in Vanderbilt can get a Q as ready for the NFL as quick as anything. Here is the kicker he has played 4 years in college, played on bad football teams where he had to make decisions quick and got sacked a lot. How does a guy not even close to NFL get SEC player of the year. He looke=ed comfortable in preseason and I know it's preseason but still had a few TD drives against #1 D's. Face it you don't want to give a rival player credit for being a great talent. It will take 4 games to see where he is at as it is an unknown, but it is clear Bummer isn't the guy.

Awesome analysis, Mr. GROB. Granted, Plummer sucks and Cutler is big, strong, and a proven leader on the NCAA field.

Here's the deal though. He came to everyone's attention when, as you say, Vanderbilt started winning some games having been, arguably and historically, one of the worst teams in the nation due, in large measure, to their high academic standards, inability to recruit and tough SEC schedule. Winning at Vanderbilt is like the Chiefs making the playoffs 10 years in a row. Unheard of.

They then hired Bobby Johnson who has turned things around somewhat. Cutler benefited from Johnson's scheme that allowed him to pass for something like 3000 plus yards in 2005 (up from about 1800 the year prior). That's with about 20 or so TDs and around 9 INTs.

Johnson is one of the best offensive game planners I've ever seen at the college level. But they still won only 5 games as I recall ... in the process losing to powerhouses like Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State. Now, in Vanderbilt terms, this is a lot of wins. But, the "kicker" is that, this year, they've won 4 and been very competitive in their losses without Cutler. So, the difference wasn't necessarily Cutler, it might well have been something else ... like Johnson, maybe.

In my view, Cutler has the size and the basic skills you look for in an NFL quarterback. But, his mechanics are way overrated, as is his decision-making. Plus, the jump from Vanderbilt football to the NFL is big. Too big for Cutler this early in his career ... maybe ever. You can talk about the speed of the game in the SEC all you want, but it isn't NFL speed. Cutler is a defensive coordinator's dream.

FAX

Halfcan
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
The Cheatin Donks are Imploding.