PDA

View Full Version : I Just Have to Say ...

FAX
11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm a little flamboozled.

When we went into the early bye with a record of 0 and 2 and having lost our big Willie and Trent, in my heart I did not really believe the team could turn this thing around.

Our o-line is vastly improved compared to the early games. Black is playing like a starter and the skinny guy is getting out, running, and throwing some mean-ass traps.

LJ showed me skills Thursday night that I honestly didn't think he had. Bennett has come off his injury and is extraordinary. Holding the goats cut-block-based run game to a pitiable 38 yards was an astonishing effort. Trent had a few bad throws and showed some rust, but he was money on a lot of passes, too. Frankly, I thought that, given the number of injuries we've had, we would probably be .500 at this point of the season. But we're playing with energy, heart and physicality and we're doing it on a huge national stage. This is not something I would have expected from many Chiefs teams in the past.

I have driven the Apathy Wagon into the River of Forgotten Losses and swum to the Shore of True Belief where I tip my soggy x-mas hat to Herm and the coaching staff. I also bow deeply to the fans at Arrowhead who helped us get this win. This is turning into a hell of a season for Chiefs fans. Could the football gods have annointed this Chiefs team as a team of destiny? The word "Chiefs" is the number 5 in numerology. And we have 5 games left. Just sayin'

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if overly-stoked post.

FAX

Adept Havelock
11-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm with you, FAX. If someone would have told me during that 1'st game after Trent went down that we'd be sitting over .500 with a playoff shot, I'd have said they were crazy.

Tip O the hat to the team, Indeed.

runnercyclist
11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm a little flamboozled.

When we went into the early bye with a record of 0 and 2 and having lost our big Willie and Trent, in my heart I did not really believe the team could turn this thing around.

Our o-line is vastly improved compared to the early games. Black is playing like a starter and the skinny guy is getting out, running, and throwing some mean-ass traps.

LJ showed me skills Thursday night that I honestly didn't think he had. Bennett has come off his injury and is extraordinary. Holding the goats cut-block-based run game to a pitiable 38 yards was an astonishing effort. Trent had a few bad throws and showed some rust, but he was money on a lot of passes, too. Frankly, I thought that, given the number of injuries we've had, we would probably be .500 at this point of the season. But we're playing with energy, heart and physicality and we're doing it on a huge national stage. This is not something I would have expected from many Chiefs teams in the past.

I have driven the Apathy Wagon into the River of Forgotten Losses and swum to the Shore of True Belief where I tip my soggy x-mas hat to Herm and the coaching staff. I also bow deeply to the fans at Arrowhead who helped us get this win. This is turning into a hell of a season for Chiefs fans. Could the football gods have annointed this Chiefs team as a team of destiny? The word "Chiefs" is the number 5 in numerology. And we have 5 games left. Just sayin'

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if overly-stoked post.

FAX

Me too, he actually caught a pass!

KcMizzou
11-25-2006, 01:46 PM
The guy put 150 yards on Denver, and you're making back-handed comments about him having bad hands?

Some people are hard to please.

FAX
11-25-2006, 01:49 PM

LMAO

Point, Mr. runnercyclist. Point. To be fair however, I've seen him catch passes, though. I think I remember one over the middle in the Raider game last year that basically won us the game in the late minutes.

What I haven't seen are the kinds of delayed, side-skipping, give-the-tackler-a-groin-injury, Sandersesque moves at the LOS. Maybe I've missed it, but that's new to me.

FAX

runnercyclist
11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
The guy put 150 yards on Denver, and you're making back-handed comments about him having bad hands?

Some people are hard to please.

Dont get me wrong. I'm pleased. I love LJ. And if he ever gets those hands fixed he will be the best ever!

Rain Man
11-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Michael Bennett is a god. Or at least one of those little cherubs that floats alongside the gods.

Crush
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I agree, Mr. FAX. This is just a fun team to watch.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Could the football gods have annointed this Chiefs team as a team of destiny?

No, we probably still wont win a playoff game on the road against a San Diego, Indy or Patriots.....but I think we probably will end up just making it in there.

We are still a year or two away from a serious run, but I applaud Herm for the job he has done this year.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2006, 09:58 PM
LMAO

What I haven't seen are the kinds of delayed, side-skipping, give-the-tackler-a-groin-injury, Sandersesque moves at the LOS. Maybe I've missed it, but that's new to me.

FAX

I posted it in another thread, but hes been doing that since he was a rookie.

Get a tape of the Detriot game from 2003 and the Cinci game last year.

He a couple of great TD runs in both those games where he reversed the field. Incredible.

Its hard to belive that DV had LJ deactivated for half the season in 2003.

Bob Dole
11-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Michael Bennett is a god. Or at least one of those little cherubs that floats alongside the gods.

Cherubs don't have hamstrings.

boogblaster
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
IF we make the POs any team can win..dont get out-coached or out-played, you have a chance.....

FAX
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
No, we probably still wont win a playoff game on the road against a San Diego, Indy or Patriots.....but I think we probably will end up just making it in there.

We are still a year or two away from a serious run, but I applaud Herm for the job he has done this year.

No doubt you are correct, Mr. Deberg_1990. In terms of the natural world, that is.

But, think of the Steelers last year. Sometimes lightning strikes and kills a Pilgrim or two. By all rights, we shouldn't be where we are in the standings. It's almost as if strange and mysterious forces are at work in our lives.

FAX

FAX
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
I posted it in another thread, but hes been doing that since he was a rookie.

Get a tape of the Detriot game from 2003 and the Cinci game last year.

He a couple of great TD runs in both those games where he reversed the field. Incredible.

Its hard to belive that DV had LJ deactivated for half the season in 2003.

I'll check the tapes, Mr. Deberg_1990. I have them.

But, just to be clear, I'm not speaking of reversing field. I'm referring to the footwork at the LOS that de-jocks the tackler followed by the burst. If he's done that before, I've missed it.

FAX

Deberg_1990
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I'll check the tapes, Mr. Deberg_1990. I have them.

But, just to be clear, I'm not speaking of reversing field. I'm referring to the footwork at the LOS that de-jocks the tackler followed by the burst. If he's done that before, I've missed it.

FAX

Ahhhh....ok, i get ya now. Ive seen him do it before but not much this year. Pretty sweet move....

Rain Man
11-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I laughed a body part off on the one play where LJ found himself face to face with two Broncos linebackers, and then darted off in a way that made them run into each other with neither one laying a hand on him. That's a career highlight clip right there.

mikey23545
11-25-2006, 10:10 PM

Please refrain from ever describing any Chiefs player as a "cherub"....

FAX
11-25-2006, 10:11 PM

Yeah.

FAX

cdcox
11-25-2006, 10:21 PM

I believe he meant cherub in the context of "cherubim and seraphim" which were fearsome messengers of God and not the cute little pudgy cupid midgets that you're thinking of. Think of the golden winged creatures perched on the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones.

Rain Man
11-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah.

What he said.

FAX
11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I believe he meant cherub in the context of "cherubim and seraphim" which were fearsome messengers of God and not the cute little pudgy cupid midgets that you're thinking of. Think of the golden winged creatures perched on the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones.

Cherubim. That's what I'm talkin' about.

Deliverin' the fearsome message of "just kicked your ass" right across the goal line.

FAX

cdcox
11-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Cherubim. That's what I'm talkin' about.

Deliverin' the fearsome message of "just kicked your ass" right across the goal line.

FAX

Maybe Prophet Rain Man is fortelling of a season of destiny?

tk13
11-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I definitely get a cherub when I watch Michael Bennett run.

KC Jones
11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I definitely get a cherub when I watch Michael Bennett run.

:eek:

awkward!