Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
LJ 1,202

Gore 1,177

Tomlinson 1,146

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
I wanna know how many more carries he has than the other guys....

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I wanna know how many more carries he has than the other guys....

LJ-289
Gore-200
Tomlinson-229

Bowser
11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Christ. LJ could conceivably have around 440 carries this year, not including playoffs.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
but..but...LT is the greatest player that will ever play teh game!!!!!1111 [/charger fans, epsn, Randy Cross]

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
LJ-289
Gore-200
Tomlinson-229

Ok now I'm not impressied he has almost 100 more carries than Gore and a ton more than Tomlinson while only being 30 yards ahead of Gore.. and not even 100 ahead of Tomlinson.......he has several games worth more carries and barely anymore yards......

That's not impressive to me he should be alot further ahead with that many more carries.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Christ. LJ could conceivably have around 440 carries this year, not including playoffs.

Which is why we need to start using Bennett more. NOW. 10 carries a game.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
but..but...LT is the greatest player that will ever play teh game!!!!!1111 [/charger fans, epsn, Randy Cross]

If you gave Tomlinson the amount of carries LJ has he'd be beating LJ by about 200 yards....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2006, 07:43 PM
If you gave Tomlinson the amount of carries LJ has he'd be beating LJ by about 200 yards....

Not if LT was running into the fronts that LJ was when Huard was playing.

Reaper16
Tomlinson hasn't had the O-Line inconsistencies that LJ has had to work through.

Mecca
Not if LT was running into the fronts that LJ was when Huard was playing.

I dunno about that....he put up some stats when he was basically the only player on thier team who was any good.

milkman
Ok now I'm not impressied he has almost 100 more carries than Gore and a ton more than Tomlinson while only being 30 yards ahead of Gore.. and not even 100 ahead of Tomlinson.......he has several games worth more carries and barely anymore yards......

That's not impressive to me he should be alot further ahead with that many more carries.

I think a part of that is that, becasue of the different divisions in Gore's case, and the better overall offense in Tomlinson's case, that yards are harder to come by for LJ than for the other two.

And the fact is that LJ has been steadily incresing his YPC since around the 4th game.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Tomlinson hasn't had the O-Line inconsistencies that LJ has had to work through.

It's just the point that LJ has several games worth more of carries 89 more carries than the 2nd guy is ridiculous when your only about 30 yards ahead......

Bowser
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM

I don't think the stats tell the story here. How many games have we ridden LJ for this year, as compared to the Chargers and Niners with their backs. Every one of our opponents KNOWS we are going to feed LJ the ball, and he still puts up stats. Gore has pretty much come out of nowhere this year, and Tomlinson plays on an offense that is a mirror of the 2003 Chiefs offense.

I'm extremely impressed with how LJ has played.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey Mecca...shut the **** up. Jesus.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
At this rate we better win this year because he's got maybe 2 good years left in him.....history says this many carries for a back=bad very bad.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Mecca...shut the **** up. Jesus.

Well sorry......saying LJ leads the league in rushing when he has that many more carries would be like saying....."Hey I made more money than you but I worked 72 hours to your 25" well I'd sure as **** hope so.

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I dunno about that....he put up some stats when he was basically the only player on thier team who was any good.

Tomlinson, in his first two years, before they really started to get that O-Line fixed, and added more offensive weapons, averaged 3.6 YPC and 4.5 YPC respectively.

LJ is at 4.3 right now, and even with Roaf out much of last season, he averaged 5.2.

HemiEd
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Should we trade LJ for someone that impresses you?

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Reggie Bush!

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:51 PM

No but the point was it's funny to trump up that he leads the league in rushing when he has that many more carries....I'd sure as **** hope hes' leading the league in rushing he's probably leading the league in carries by a huge margin.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Idiot. :LOL:
If you gave LT the number of carries LJ gets then D's would stack against him the way they stack against LJ and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
No but the point was it's funny to trump up that he leads the league in rushing when he has that many more carries....

Who the **** is trumping it up? I'm proud of LJ and like seeing his name at the top of the list, that's all. Eat the corn nuggets out of my shit, Mecca.

HemiEd
11-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Reggie Bush!

ah for a Trojan!

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Idiot. :LOL:
If you gave LT the number of carries LJ gets then D's would stack against him the way they stack against LJ and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

He's not better than Tomlinson is sorry.....Tomlinsons having an MVP year.

HemiEd
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
No but the point was it's funny to trump up that he leads the league in rushing when he has that many more carries....I'd sure as **** hope hes' leading the league in rushing he's probably leading the league in carries by a huge margin.

Did you even read the post by Milkman and Bowser? The situations are different, LJ is the main reason you can make a comment about doing it this year.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 07:57 PM

Remember when Tomlinson and LJ met on the same field? Who had the better game? Who won the game?

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Alright when he carries it 400 + times and has a very short career we can chalk that up to circumstance too.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
That's why LJ had more rushing yards than LT last year and started half the games right?

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Remember when Tomlinson and LJ met on the same field? Who had the better game? Who won the game?

If you are really going to make the arguement he's better I'm going to laugh at you.......Tomlinson is a much better all around player and is having an MVP year.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
That's why LJ had more rushing yards than LT last year and started half the games right?

Probably because he has about 150 more carries....

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:00 PM
You talking about league MVP? If LJ stays on pace he's a lock for it... and without an injury I don't see anyone taking him out of his game.

Basileus777
11-26-2006, 08:01 PM

150? Where did you get that bs number?

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
150? Where did you get that number?rectal storage facility

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
You talking about league MVP? If LJ stays on pace he's a lock for it... and without an injury I don't see anyone taking him out of his game.

.........Do not even try....Tomlinson is going to score 30+ TD's.....

I understand this is the Chiefs board but this is getting stupid LJ is a great player but Tomlinson is different there is no one like him he is HOF and one of the best ever,.

milkman

He's talking about last year, when LJ had 3 fewer carries, and nearly 300 more yards.

KCGridironBeast
Tomlinson is a much better all around player

Why don't we just rename this thread the "Mecca Is An Idiot" thread and just save ourselves some time? You can argue that Tomlinson is a SLIGHTLY better overall player because of his receiving skills (I would argue that Johnson's size and ability to take the rock 30+ times a game would counterbalance that) but to say that he is a "much better" all around player is just wrong. Tomlinson is the #1 player in the NFL, followed by Larry at #1a.

XXXshogunXXX
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
dont play that game...everyone in the world knows Tomlinsons getting the ball, the defenses gameplan strictly for him, for his ENTIRE career, and he's amassing MVP numbers. yet you guys think LJ is getting more attention than tomlinson to opposing D's, thus the lower ypc and TDs.... whatever..

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
It was a guess number.....I know Johnson has more carries over the 2 year span.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Tomlinson is a much better all around player

Why don't we just rename this thread the "Mecca Is An Idiot" thread and just save ourselves some time? You can argue that Tomlinson is a SLIGHTLY better overall player because of his receiving skills (I would argue that Johnson's size and ability to take the rock 30+ times a game would counterbalance that) but to say that he is a "much better" all around player is just wrong. Tomlinson is the #1 player in the NFL, followed by Larry at #1a.

Tomlinsons recieving skills aren't just a little better their vastly superior...

This taking the ball 30 times a game is bad not good it's how guys have 2 year careers.

Thig Lyfe
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I gave LJ the ball 40 times last night on Madden... still averaged 6.1 yards per carry and seemed healthy.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't get why people get so offended no one is saying LJ sucks.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't get why people get so offended no one is saying LJ sucks.

LJ still leading the league in rushing

That's not impressive to me

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
It's not when he has 80 more carries than the next guy.....you left out the explanation part. When you lead the league in carries by a big margin you better be leading the league in rushing or something is wrong.

Easy 6
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Larry Brown Jr. now starring in 100 Rifles 2.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:16 PM

I understand this is the Chiefs board but this is getting stupid LJ is a great player but Tomlinson is different there is no one like him he is HOF and one of the best ever,.

HAHAHAhahaha. Hand LT the rock 35 times a game for 4 weeks and he'd look like a broken down New Orleans street whore. LJ takes it and asks for more; that's the definition of a work horse.

He couldn't handle as many hand offs as LJ gets.
He wouldn't do as well with them if he could.
He scores a lot because of the offensive scheme he is in, congrats.
League MVP goes to the player that has helped his team the most, and that my mental giant of a friend is LJ.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:17 PM
HAHAHAhahaha. Hand LT the rock 35 times a game for 4 weeks and he'd look like a broken down New Orleans street whore. LJ takes it and asks for more; that's the definition of a work horse.

He couldn't handle as many hand offs as LJ gets.
He wouldn't do as well with them if he could.
He score's a lot because of the offensive scheme he is in, congrats.
League MVP goes to the player that has helped his team the most, and that my mental giant of a friend is LJ.

If you think LJ wins MVP over LT you're high.....I'm sorry. And like I said giving the ball to your back that many times isn't something to be proud of it's proven over history it's a good way to kill your back.

carlos3652
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
LT wil not win MVP... if Manning keeps winning and takes hit team to 15-1 he will be the MVP...

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
LT wil not win MVP... if Manning keeps winning and takes hit team to 15-1 he will be the MVP...

You do understand Tomlinsons gonna finish the year with about 34 TD's...and 2000+ total yards, I think he gets it this year.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
If you think LJ wins MVP over LT you're high.....I'm sorry. And like I said giving the ball to your back that many times isn't something to be proud of it's proven over history it's a good way to kill your back.

Then we agree that LT would fall apart if given the ball that many times. GREAT!

LJ on the other hand seems to thrive in that very situation. Great players defy those things proven by history.

milkman
11-26-2006, 08:20 PM
dont play that game...everyone in the world knows Tomlinsons getting the ball, the defenses gameplan strictly for him, for his ENTIRE career, and he's amassing MVP numbers. yet you guys think LJ is getting more attention than tomlinson to opposing D's, thus the lower ypc and TDs.... whatever..

Yes, everyone knows that LT is getting the bal, but that offense is diverse, and defenses simply can not afford to stack the line and ignore the threat presented by Rivers and his receivers.

Thig Lyfe
11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Mecca = closet Chargers fan

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Then we agree that LT would fall apart if given the ball that many times. GREAT!

LJ on the other hand seems to thrive in that very situation. Great players defy those things proven by history.

Wait till next year and the year after......every back that has carried over 400 times has never been the same even the following year.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Mecca = closet Chargers fan

Nope just honest.....Like I said LJ is a great player but thinking he's going to get MVP over LT or something like that is insane. What the Chiefs have done this year has been great for injuries and everything and LJ is having a great year and he's a great player but Tomlinson is having an MVP year.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Wait till next year and the year after......every back that has carried over 400 times has never been the same even the following year.

Not exactly true, but it is a concern. Your statement is still wrong, however.

milkman
11-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Actually, the only exception to the rule that Mecca talks about is Eric Dickerson.

Every other back that has run the ball as much as LJ has, has declined substantially the following year, and never played at the same level.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Not exactly true, but it is a concern. Your statement is still wrong, however.

Go look up the stats......they all substantially decline after 400 + carries.

XXXshogunXXX
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Yes, everyone knows that LT is getting the bal, but that offense is diverse, and defenses simply can not afford to stack the line and ignore the threat presented by Rivers and his receivers.

what receivers? I keep hearing on this board that gonzalez is better than Gates, and youd take kennision over any of ours WR's. So by admitting this, Gates is defnitely better than Gonzalez, and Mccardel is better than Kennison. Tomlinson faced stacked boxes his entire career with his OL changing every year, all of a sudden it's poor LJ.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Go look up the stats......they all substantially decline after 400 + carries.

I wrote an article on it yesterday. You're wrong.

Tinlar
Wait till next year and the year after...

Isn't that the battle cry of the loser?

milkman
what receivers? I keep hearing on this board that gonzalez is better than Gates, and youd take kennision over any of ours WR's. So by admitting this, Gates is defnitely better than Gonzalez, and Mccardel is better than Kennison. Tomlinson faced stacked boxes his entire career with his OL changing every year, all of a sudden it's poor LJ.

You've been reading the homer posts.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
If you guys really think you can give a guy 400 + carries and it will have no effect on him then there is no part in even argueing this......

And yea Tomlinson the guy who carries 300+ times a year catches 50 + balls a year even a 100 year year, there's no way he could take that many touches if he had to....right.

HemiEd
11-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Mecca = anything in Southern California fan

fixed your post

XXXshogunXXX
11-26-2006, 08:30 PM
LJ still has 2 probowl gaurds, 1 i guess now, and a probowl center. Last year he had hall of famers all around. Tomlinson never had his one of his O-line go to the probowl. He's had UDFA's blocking for him a few years.

the Talking Can
11-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Bleeding Vagina Mecca is back....super

thread after thread of "I'm sorry if everyone but me is stupid...I root for USC"

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I love how you can't have an opinion that contrasts or you're a fan of the other team......Jesus then people wonder why the homer card gets pulled.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:34 PM
If you guys really think you can give a guy 400 + carries and it will have no effect on him then there is no part in even argueing this......

And yea Tomlinson the guy who carries 300+ times a year catches 50 + balls a year even a 100 year year, there's no way he could take that many touches if he had to....right.

Wow, that is some astounding logic. Paragraph 1 you make the point that no one could take it. Paragraph 2 you make the point your boy could. You should have stuck with the "Wait until next year!" stand, it made you look less doltish.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Wow, that is some astounding logic. Paragraph 1 you make the point that no one could take it. Paragraph 2 you make the point your boy could. You should have stuck with the "Wait until next year!" stand, it made you look less doltish.

And he would probably decline the next year.......the point isn't that "you can't take it" the point is when you do you will decline in the following seasons.....

Even milk pointed this out, but just ignore him too.

milkman
11-26-2006, 08:38 PM

There's a difference between "carries" and "touches".

When Tomlinson touches the ball as a receiver, he usually gets it in space and doesn't take the physical beating he does when he carries the ball.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:40 PM
If you factor in total touches Larry Johnson may come close to 500 which is ridiculous.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:43 PM
And he would probably decline the next year.......the point isn't that "you can't take it" the point is when you do you will decline in the following seasons.....

Even milk pointed this out, but just ignore him too.
So now we have boiled your "LT is better" debate down to your opinoin that LJ will burn out at some point in the future. Good thing this years league MVP doesn't take next year into account. I"m not even sure what you are arguing at this point, you are all over the place with your "points" and none of them are good.

And yeah, I'll ignore Milk too :)

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb.php

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Nevermind......you don't even grasp the concept.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb.php

....Don't include me.....

milkman
11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
As far as I'm concerned, MVP is nothing more than a popularity contest and I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins it.

Tinlar
11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
There's a difference between "carries" and "touches".

When Tomlinson touches the ball as a receiver, he usually gets it in space and doesn't take the physical beating he does when he carries the ball.

That is situational. The most brutal hits tend to be on receivers in space, not backs between the tackles. A receiver going for a ball is a fair target and can't defend himself. As LJ put it, it's the difference between giving hits and taking them. That being said running back stend to wear out faster, but it's because few receivers come down with "touches" outside of the teens. It's total touches that wear people down and LT is on the edge for his physical ability to withstand it. LJ is in love with the attention he gets during the game and it hasn't shown on him at all.

milkman
11-26-2006, 08:53 PM
That is situational. The most brutal hits tend to be on receivers in space, not backs between the tackles. A receiver going for a ball is a fair target and can't defend himself. As LJ put it, it's the difference between giving hits and taking them. That being said running back stend to wear out faster, but it's because few receivers come down with "touches" outside of the teens. It's total touches that wear people down and LT is on the edge for his physical ability to withstand it. LJ is in love with the attention he gets during the game and it hasn't shown on him at all.

Receivers are running routes that put them in situations that lead to those brutal hits.

Tomlinson generally doesn't.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 08:58 PM
TG is better than AG. Difference is TG is double teamed every play as our recievers aren't a huge threat while SD has recievers that can be deep threats, as wel as LT who is a recieving threat...Another reason why teams have stacked the box against LJ. Trent Gre wa out 10 weeks and teams knew we were gonna run the ball more. With SD, they run a lot with LT but they can do so many other things that will burn defenses if they stack the box. Teams couldn't stack the box against Priest because KC did so many different things and they would get burned, Teams have been able to stack the box against LJ the majority of the season and he still leads the league in rushing..'nuff said

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Yards from scrimmage

L Tomlinson 1602
L Johnson 1551
F Gore 1500

Touchdowns

L Tomlinson 24
L Johnson 17
Gore 7

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Not to mention the fact that LT has a finess style of running and avoids contact, where LJ runs right through people and takes 100x more abuse than LT.

Oh, and I hope LT enjoys that fastest to 100 tds record because LJ is on pace to shatter the hell out of it..

Pierce
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Where did all these Charger fans come from?

I hope the Chargers make the playoffs and get blown out in the first round.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Not to mention the fact that LT has a finess style of running and avoids contact, where LJ runs right through people and takes 100x more abuse than LT.

Oh, and I hope LT enjoys that fastest to 100 tds record because LJ is on pace to shatter the hell out of it..

You do understand taking more contact is a bad thing right? Your RB tends to last longer with less touches and avoiding contact.

Bowser

Nobody is shitting on your guy. If Tomlinson doesn't win the MVP this year (provided the Chargers keep winning), then there shouldn't BE an MVP.

But all you have to do is look at the number of carries between the two. We're going to run the ball. We know it, our opponents know it, the whole NFL knows it. The Chargers have just become a more diversified offense than the Chiefs.

dj56dt58
Yards from scrimmage

L Tomlinson 1602
L Johnson 1551
F Gore 1500

Touchdowns

L Tomlinson 24
L Johnson 17
Gore 7

Is that supposed to help LT? LT is supposed to be so much better than LJ at recieving...yet he has 53 more total yards from scrimmage? wow..Like LJ can't blow that away next Sunday....

Mecca
11-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Is that supposed to help LT? LT is supposed to be so much better than LJ at recieving...yet he has 53 more total yards from scrimmage? wow..Like LJ can't blow that away next Sunday....

I think he's pointing out that he has more yards on less total touches....

commatard
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM

thats nice considering LT is only half a year older than LJ and is absolutely dominating him in every career statistic

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
thats nice considering LT is only half a year older than LJ and is absolutely dominating him in every career statistic

This is the first truly retarded thing you've said. This is LJ's first year as a full-time starter.

beer bacon
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Except that once an RB gets to a certain point his ypc tends to start to go down. By your logic Michael Turner should be starting over LdT.

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
This is the first truly retarded thing you've said. This is LJ's first year as a full-time starter.

Im well aware of that. The point is they are essentially the same age and while LJ has two great years LT has had 6 already.

Pierce
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
It doesn't matter anyway. LJ gets angry when he doesn't get the ball. Herm acknowledges this, and feeds LJ the ball as he demands. It all depends on whether LJ wants to wear himself out or not.

XXXshogunXXX
11-26-2006, 09:14 PM
TG is better than AG. Difference is TG is double teamed every play as our recievers aren't a huge threat while SD has recievers that can be deep threats, as wel as LT who is a recieving threat...Another reason why teams have stacked the box against LJ.

TG is better than AG, and he's doubled teamed...that means that leaves more space for LJ...right? (Gates is also double teamed), but now our WR's are all of a sudden deep threats? didnt know they had that stigma to them... news to me, poor LJ, no deep threats on the team, just 3 probowl lineman....while Tomlinson always has the better line.

LJ the majority of the season and he still leads the league in rushing..'nuff said

not enough said... LJ is leading by 60 more yards on 50 more carries...Tomlinson still has more total yards, and alot more TDs. also 2 passing TDs.

LJ should have a charity fund by the way you guys are cryign for him, he's the only one in the league being gameplanned against and suffering from stacked boxes.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
LT has already reached his potential.

LJ has just scratched the surface.

Bowser
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Im well aware of that. The point is they are essentially the same age and while LJ has two great years LT has had 6 already.

It's not LJ's fault that Priest Holmes was ahead of him and tearing up the league.

commatard

Pierce
TG is better than AG, and he's doubled teamed...that means that leaves more space for LJ...right? (Gates is also double teamed), but now our WR's are all of a sudden deep threats? didnt know they had that stigma to them... news to me, poor LJ, no deep threats on the team, just 3 probowl lineman....while Tomlinson always has the better line.

LJ should have a charity fund by the way you guys are cryign for him, he's the only one in the league being gameplanned against and suffering from stacked boxes.

You fail to see the point. Teams know going in that our focus is running with LJ. Everyone and their uncle knows this. The Chiefs are currently one-dimensional. We have yet to win a game where our passing O has significantly outshined our rushing O.

The Chargers, on the other hand, can win games through the air if need be. Teams have to take this into account, while they don't against the Chiefs.

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
This is like arguing Godzilla vs. King Kong.

SnakeXJones
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
LJ still has 2 probowl gaurds, 1 i guess now, and a probowl center . Last year he had hall of famers all around. Tomlinson never had his one of his O-line go to the probowl. He's had UDFA's blocking for him a few years.

We do? When did Wiegmann become a probowler?

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
LOL man you chiefs fans have little mans syndrome

cant handle the fact that LT is getting so much press for a historical record breaking year

Bowser
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
This is like arguing Godzilla vs. King Kong.

Godzeera, in a landslide.

milkman
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM

cant handle the fact that LT is getting so much press for a historical record breaking year

Who the hell is talking about the media?

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Godzeera, in a landslide.Of course. :thumb:

Easy 6
11-26-2006, 09:23 PM
... suffering from stacked boxes.

You certainly are......

XXXshogunXXX
11-26-2006, 09:25 PM
You fail to see the point. Teams know going in that our focus is running with LJ. Everyone and their uncle knows this. The Chiefs are currently one-dimensional. We have yet to win a game where our passing O has significantly outshined our rushing O.

The Chargers, on the other hand, can win games through the air if need be. Teams have to take this into account, while they don't against the Chiefs.

Everyone doesnt know Tomlinsons getting the ball? He's the defensive coordinators main focus...as they say in their interviews, while touting him the best in the league.

We have yet to win a game where our passing O has significantly outshined our rushing O.

every game we've won, it's been more rushing TDs than receiving, with Tomlinson occasionally catching or throwing one.

Bowser
11-26-2006, 09:27 PM

Go check out post 83 for starters, moron.

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok let me rephrase most of you chiefs fans have little mans syndrome

We have similar teams, not so great WRs, pretty good O lines and a coach that prefers to run the ball.

For some of you to complain about opposing teams stacking the box against LJ and not recognizing that teams have been stacking the box against LT every single game of his career is just blind homerism

dirk digler
11-26-2006, 09:42 PM
LT will probably win MVP but if he does Priest should have too.

Priest had 27 rushing TD's, 1420 yds on 320 carries for a 4.4 ypc. He also had 690 yds receiving in 2003 and led his team to a 13-3 record.

FAX
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Mothra. 2 minutes into round 3.

Mark it down.

FAX

noa
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM

We have similar teams, not so great WRs, pretty good O lines and a coach that prefers to run the ball.

For some of you to complain about opposing teams stacking the box against LJ and not recognizing that teams have been stacking the box against LT every single game of his career is just blind homerism

STFU

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 09:58 PM
LT will probably win MVP but if he does Priest should have too.

Priest had 27 rushing TD's, 1420 yds on 320 carries for a 4.4 ypc. He also had 690 yds receiving in 2003 and led his team to a 13-3 record.

That same year LT had 17 TDs, 1645 yards on 313 carries for a 5.3ypc. He also had 100 receptions and 725 recieving yards and didnt even make the pro bowl

dirk digler
11-26-2006, 10:01 PM
That same year LT had 17 TDs, 1645 yards on 313 carries for a 5.3ypc. He also had 100 receptions and 725 recieving yards and didnt even make the pro bowl

The problem is you guys were 4-12.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:06 PM

You conveniently forget to mention that our starting qb has been out half the year and teams knew that we were going to run even more than usual. SD had Rivers the entire year, someone who is a good qb and can go downfield. It took Huard a while to proove himself so that Herm would let him go deep downfield. SD has been able to stretch defenses out the entire year, kC hasn't due to injuries to Green and our offensive line. We had one option, hand it to LJ. Teams knew this.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:08 PM
and..he should have. We have players every year that should make the pro bowl that don't make it...it happens

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:11 PM
LJ couldnt Hold LTs jock

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 10:13 PM
You conveniently forget to mention that our starting qb has been out half the year and teams knew that we were going to run even more than usual. SD had Rivers the entire year, someone who is a good qb and can go downfield. It took Huard a while to proove himself so that Herm would let him go deep downfield. SD has been able to stretch defenses out the entire year, kC hasn't due to injuries to Green and our offensive line. We had one option, hand it to LJ. Teams knew this.

Dude, what are you talking about?

Rivers wasnt allowed to pass downfield until week 4 after the ravens debacle

The Chargers have attempted 303 passes and the Chieffs have attempted 301.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:14 PM
LJ couldnt Hold LTs jock
I dunno what kind of post game rituals the Chargers have, but I don't think LJ is in to that sort of thing..

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:18 PM

I dont know what your argument is...We've had a backup qb and a patchwork offensive line over half the season which gave us one option..hand it to LJ. Teams knew it was coming and couldn't stop it. Big deal Rivers couldn't go deep on a consistant basis until after week four. SD has been able to go stretch the defense a lot more than KC has this year

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM

But its who has completed more passes that counts. Usually the one with more completetions deserves extra respect in the passing game.

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey my dork is bigger then yours!

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I dont know what your argument is...We've had a backup qb and a patchwork offensive line over half the season which gave us one option..hand it to LJ. Teams knew it was coming and couldn't stop it. Big deal Rivers couldn't go deep on a consistant basis until after week four. SD has been able to go stretch the defense a lot more than KC has this year

How about the fact that your backup QB had a QB rating of 97.6. You act like he was horrible. He had a higher QB rating than Rivers up until that last game against Miami.

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:22 PM
How about the fact that your backup QB had a QB rating of 97.6.

And 99.9% of those passes were a grand 5 yards!!!

noa
11-26-2006, 10:23 PM
How about the fact that your backup QB had a QB rating of 97.6.

How about the fact that people on this board are not going to tell you LT is a better running back so you can spare us this never ending debate. We like LJ, you like LT. That's to be expected. Don't come to our board and try to convince us your player is better.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 10:24 PM
If you went to every other teams board and took a poll I'm guessing LT would probably win...

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
How about the fact that people on this board are not going to tell you LT is a better running back so you can spare us this never ending debate. We like LJ, you like LT. That's to be expected. Don't come to our board and try to convince us your player is better.
hey now wheres the fun in that?

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
If you went to every other teams board and took a poll I'm guessing LT would probably win...
you volunteering yourself?

milkman
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM

Actually that is now 333 passes attempted by the Chargers.

Mecca
11-26-2006, 10:27 PM
you volunteering yourself?

Hell no.......I don't care that much.

milkman
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
How about the fact that your backup QB had a QB rating of 97.6. You act like he was horrible. He had a higher QB rating than Rivers up until that last game against Miami.

QB rating is the single most overrated stat in the NFL.

Jake Plummer has a higher career rating than John Elway had.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Of course they will..ESPN has it brainwashed in everyones head that LT, Peyton Manning, and even JAKE PLUMMER are all gods. That last name on their alone shows what the hell they know..

LT IS the better all around player because of his recieving skills

LJ is the better rusher and will improve in the passing game

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Hell no.......I don't care that much.
But you had that much time to think about it...

Oh Snap
11-26-2006, 10:30 PM
No to mention youve been respond since page 1 on the subject.. But you dont care... Yea. Ill beleive that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow shurbert.

Basileus777
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Am I imagining things or are there really Chargers fans (not including Mecca) trolling/posting here? I thought Chargers fans were a myth, sort of like Bigfoot.

milkman
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Of course they will..ESPN has it brainwashed in everyones head that LT, Peyton Manning, and even JAKE PLUMMER are all gods. That last name on their alone shows what the hell they know..

LT IS the better all around player because of his recieving skills

LJ is the better rusher and will improve in the passing game

They are different type of RBs, but there is no way anyone can prove who the better rusher is.

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Am I imagining things or are there really Chargers fans (not including Mecca) trolling/posting here? I thought Chargers fans were a myth, sort of like Bigfoot.Well... we were up to two the other day.. and someone was worried that they'd start multiplying...

FAX
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think they're really fans, Mr. Basileus777.

They seem more like lost lawyers to me.

FAX

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 10:37 PM
They are different type of RBs, but there is no way anyone can prove who the better rusher is.
No..but we're sure as hell gonna try

Hootie
11-26-2006, 11:02 PM
I didn't get past page 3, but a lot of you are friggin' idiots! LJ a lock for MVP!? Uh, no friggin' way. I love LJ, he's awesome...my man crush...but LT is easily the MVP right now, and he's EASILY better than LJ...he's more complete. LJ might be a better runner, but he certainly can't catch the ball like LT, not even close.

Last year, I'd definitely give LJ the nod over LT...but this year, LT is smoking the competition and it isn't even close.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2006, 11:09 PM

All that hype is a product of ESPN sucking LTs dick... LJ is a better running back than LT, hands down. We'll see where LTs stats are after this year and compare LJs after the same amount of years starting and we'll see then.

Hootie
11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
All that hype is a product of ESPN sucking LTs dick... LJ is a better running back than LT, hands down. We'll see where LTs stats are after this year and compare LJs after the same amount of years starting and we'll see then.
lmfao...

LT can run, throw, and catch and he has a better nose for the end zone than LJ...

LJ is easily #2, but LT is far and away #1, as far as this year is concerned.

Jesus people...I can't believe this thread.

milkman
11-26-2006, 11:13 PM

No, some of that hype is a product of a guy who had produced at a high level since the day he came into the league, in spite of the fact that he had no support for a a couple years.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 11:13 PM
The bottom line is the title of this thread

stevieray
11-26-2006, 11:17 PM
The fact that some are comparing a player with 20 NFL games to a highly successful back tells me how great LJ is truly going to be.

Hootie
11-26-2006, 11:19 PM
The bottom line is the title of this thread
yes, and we ALL appreciate Larry Johnson. He is a beast, and he is awesome.

But to say he's better than LT...COME THE **** ON.

LTforMVP
11-26-2006, 11:52 PM

This would be the short mans complex Im talking about...

jealous much?

Brock
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Tomlinson is the only RB in the league I'd rather have than LJ.

noa
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
This would be the short mans complex Im talking about...

jealous much?

I really don't think there are that many Chiefs fans kicking themselves over the fact that they have LJ and not LT. We're not jealous. In fact, I hope LT has the greatest season of all time just so Marty's inevitable collapse will be even funnier.

XXXshogunXXX
11-27-2006, 12:07 AM

what hype...

-Tomlinson holds the all-time NFL record for most consecutive games with a rushing touchdown.

-shares the record for most consecutive games with a touchdown score (of any variety) with Hall of Fame fullback Lenny Moore.

-has an NFL record 80 touchdowns in his first five seasons.

In 2006, Tomlinson tied Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith in second place for the fewest games needed to reach 90 touchdowns (both are second to Hall of Famer Jim Brown). Tomlinson holds the record for fastest to 100 TDs, earned on November 19 against the Broncos, in 89 games, which improved upon the earlier record which was tied at 93 games by Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown.

On November 19, 2006, he became the fastest player to reach 100 touchdowns, with his 100th career touchdown (90 rushing, 10 receiving) in his 89th game (breaking the previous record of achieving this mark in the 93rd game held by both Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith).
Tomlinson has been involved in more touchdown plays than any active NFL running back since 2001 (5 passing, 91 rushing, and 11 receiving).

-Tomlinson has had more receptions than any other active running back since 2001.

On November 26, 2006, in a Chargers' comeback win over the Oakland Raiders, LaDainian Tomlinson broke His own record for most touchdowns scored in a five game span (15) with 16 TDs.

* has the highest career QB rating in history.

blame ESPN

Valiant
11-27-2006, 12:09 AM

Compare LJ ypc average to the first five games and the last five games... the inconsistant line hurt LJ bad the first few games...

dj56dt58
11-27-2006, 12:14 AM
yes, and we ALL appreciate Larry Johnson. He is a beast, and he is awesome.

But to say he's better than LT...COME THE **** ON.

Right now? LT is the better all around player, and imo, LJ is the better rusher. When it's all said and done, i have no doubts that LJ will end up better

noa
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Tomlinson holds the record for fastest to 100 TDs, earned on November 19 against the Broncos, in 89 games, which improved upon the earlier record which was tied at 93 games by Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown.

On November 19, 2006, he became the fastest player to reach 100 touchdowns, with his 100th career touchdown (90 rushing, 10 receiving) in his 89th game (breaking the previous record of achieving this mark in the 93rd game held by both Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith).

Really?!?! I head that in 2006, LT became the fastest player to get 100 TDs! Previous record was 93, set by Jim Brown and Emmitt Smith!!!

XXXshogunXXX
11-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Right now? LT is the better all around player, and imo, LJ is the better rusher. When it's all said and done, i have no doubts that LJ will end up better

is LJ the better rusher cuz he has 60 more yards on 50 more carries than Tomlinson? and less rushing TDs?

2 games ago Tiki was better cuz he had more rushing yards, and a higher YPC than LJ.

Crashride
11-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Of course no one is taking in part that we have a shitty o line and LJ and single-handley won games for us for the past 7 weeks, right lets not talk about all the factors or anything.

Valiant
11-27-2006, 12:28 AM
is LJ the better rusher cuz he has 60 more yards on 50 more carries than Tomlinson? and less rushing TDs?

2 games ago Tiki was better cuz he had more rushing yards, and a higher YPC than LJ.

Pretty much every nfl expert says LJ is the best rusher in the league.. You cannot judge a rb soley on his ypc, LJ was facing 8+ man fronts earlier in the year when teams were not afraid of our passing game...

LT plays in a balanced offense, do you remember last year when the Chiefs had a balanced offense??? What kind of numbers LJ was putting up???

Its amazing what he can do with a balanced offense, just imagine if we had our line back LJ would be close to 1400yards already in Herms design...

Bottom line is LT is the best all around RB in the league... LJ just happens to be a beast of a RB, and yes a better runner then LT...

But if I had the chance to pick between the two I would go with the all around back then someone who punishes defenders with brute force, but hopefully his game keeps evolving...

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Of course no one is taking in part that we have a shitty o line and LJ and single-handley won games for us for the past 7 weeks, right lets not talk about all the factors or anything.

Yeah Im sure the Chargers would be 9-2 right now without LT, LOL

How are LTs undeniably better numbers leading to more wins less important than LJs contributions to his team

noa
11-27-2006, 12:32 AM

Despite the thread starter, dj56dt58 is talking about his opinion of LJ as a rusher. He's not talking about statistics. You can cite all the statistics you want, but if you do that, you should be ready to argue that Dan Marino is the greatest QB of all time. You just can't establish as a fact that one of these guys is a better rusher than the other. It always comes down to opinion, and on this board, you will find plenty of people who believe that LJ is a better rusher than LT. He's just not a better all-around player (even LJ has publicly conceded on Cold Pizza that LT is a better player because of his abilities as a receiver)

dj56dt58
11-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah Im sure the Chargers would be 9-2 right now without LT, LOL

How are LTs undeniably better numbers leading to more wins less important than LJs contributions to his team
You wouldn't be 9-2 without LT. At the same time, you wouldn't even be 7-4 with Rivers out half the season, and your offensive linemen being injured, retiring, or suspended

cdcox
11-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Both backs are great. LJ clearly had the better year last year, Tomlinson is having a better year this year.

Charger fans need to realize though that Chief fans are not going to be very impressed with LT as he hasn't really had very impressive games agasint us. He's like a little RB doll that we pick up off the field and put in the glove compartment of our camaro until the game is over, then we let him out. He's like a piece of chewing gum that might get stuck in our mullet. A little bit of a pain, but we can deal with it.

Direckshun
11-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Is there any legitimacy in saying it's apples and oranges?

LT is the ultimate evasive back, LJ is the ultimate punisher. It doesn't seem a fair comparison, because the offenses of both teams would change drastically if the players were switched.

XXXshogunXXX
11-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Pretty much every nfl expert says LJ is the best rusher in the league.. You cannot judge a rb soley on his ypc, LJ was facing 8+ man fronts earlier in the year when teams were not afraid of our passing game...

LT plays in a balanced offense, do you remember last year when the Chiefs had a balanced offense??? What kind of numbers LJ was putting up???

Its amazing what he can do with a balanced offense, just imagine if we had our line back LJ would be close to 1400yards already in Herms design...

Bottom line is LT is the best all around RB in the league... LJ just happens to be a beast of a RB, and yes a better runner then LT...

But if I had the chance to pick between the two I would go with the all around back then someone who punishes defenders with brute force, but hopefully his game keeps evolving...

which nfl experts said LJ was the better rusher, Ive read it was all Tomlinson.

Anyway, how is LJ the better rusher. LJ runs up the middle more, while Tomlinson finds the hole and jukes his way out to avoid the big hit. Tomlinson can run up the middle if the hole is there, but he could also take runs to the perimeter. He also has a quicker and more elusive juke, and can make a long run to the house at any time, while LJ is more susceptible to being taken down before he reaches the endzone. In that regard, Tomlinson is the better rusher.

He's also a better receiver, passer, blocker. As a "rusher" he has a better stiff arm and a better nose for the redzone.

LJ is a better grinder, but that isnt Tomlinsons style. So I wouldnt call him a better rusher just because of that.

cdcox
11-27-2006, 01:31 AM

Anyway, how is LJ the better rusher. LJ runs up the middle more, while Tomlinson finds the hole and jukes his way out to avoid the big hit. Tomlinson can run up the middle if the hole is there, but he could also take runs to the perimeter. He also has a quicker and more elusive juke, and can make a long run to the house at any time, while LJ is more susceptible to being taken down before he reaches the endzone. In that regard, Tomlinson is the better rusher.

He's also a better receiver, passer, blocker. As a "rusher" he has a better stiff arm and a better nose for the redzone.

LJ is a better grinder, but that isnt Tomlinsons style. So I wouldnt call him a better rusher just because of that.

You just show that you haven't watched LJ very much of you think he is a grinder.

ClevelandChief
11-27-2006, 01:39 AM
You do understand Tomlinsons gonna finish the year with about 34 TD's...and 2000+ total yards, I think he gets it this year.

No way Brett Farve for MVP

J Diddy
11-27-2006, 01:42 AM
No way Brett Farve for MVP

What?

So it's no longer Huard for MVP, why wasn't I notified.

Ebolapox
11-27-2006, 01:51 AM

I remember seeing priest holmes in his 'DAMN, did I just see that' days... I remember seeing ladanian tomlinson on his 'damn, that was impressive days'... priest holmes on his best day was more impressive, yet he never got the mvp--and why is that?? do I smell an east/west coast bias??

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2006, 02:26 AM
I'd just like to point out a couple of things:

LJ's game is still evolving....lest we forget the juke moves that he utilized in utterly embarrassing Gold and Wilson.

He's not searching for contact the way that Earl Campbell did. In fact, other than the Rolle facemask, I can't remember him taking a hit this year that made me cringe.

He had almost no load in high school or college, so his odometer is relatively low.

However, we do need to reduce his workload, or we risk burning him out early. This guy should be our back for the next 5 years, not the next 2.

There's no good reason why we can't use Bennett to spell him for 10-12 touches a game. I appreciate LJ's willingness to carry the load and put himself at risk for such a beating so repeatedly, but just because a guy is willing to kill himself for the team doesn't mean that you have to make him kill himself.

Nightwish
11-27-2006, 02:50 AM

LT is averaging about 2 feet more per carry than LJ. In the grand scheme of things, that isn't a whole lot. And of course, LJ's total is bogged down by his relative lack of productivity during the first half of the season, when the revamped offense was still trying to find itself. If it hadn't taken him almost a third of the season to get into his normal game, he'd be tops not only on total yards, but also on yards per carry.

tiptap
11-27-2006, 07:23 AM
My two cent take. Both backs are wonderful and wonderful to watch. LJ does have all these carries but if you add in the catches for LT to his carries the number of touches even out. And at the end of most plays you still get tackled so the punishment is close to the same for both backs.

When you look at averages on carries that can be misleading be itself. You need also to consider not just the mean value of a carry but the mode and median numbers. And this is telling for LJ. LT tends to have a great mean number because he hits for long runs mixed in with 2 or 3 yard carries. LJ has the highest MODE number in that he actually carries for 4 yds with each carry most of the time. He doesn't have the number of big runs that the other elite backs have. He is the workhorse (duh).

I do wish that we can start putting Bennett in the mix more. It will mean that the offense is coming back to being more opened. That is what I hope to see going forward.

Valiant
11-27-2006, 07:48 AM

You didn't even bring up my point about last year with our balanced offense adn LJ annilihating LT in stats???? Why the deflection??? That was your who basis on LT being better this year...

Agian answer the whole damn question...

Valiant
11-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Oh and go look to see how many times LT has been shut down by the Chiefs defense... You konw the defense that is usually in the bottom 5th in the league defense...

Why does LT get shut down so much agianst the Chiefs???

dj56dt58
11-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh and go look to see how many times LT has been shut down by the Chiefs defense... You konw the defense that is usually in the bottom 5th in the league defense...

nice point but uh...we're kinna tryin to forget about those days.....

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 09:40 AM

you sound like denver fan right before LT lit them up for 4 TDs and 170 yards @ Denver

stevieray
11-27-2006, 09:43 AM
you sound like denver fan right before LT lit them up for 4 TDs and 170 yards @ Denver

you sound like a poser who just showed up to show off his new box of crayons.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
You didn't even bring up my point about last year with our balanced offense adn LJ annilihating LT in stats???? Why the deflection??? That was your who basis on LT being better this year...

annilihate? LOL

LJ had 1 more TD and 161 more yards from scrimmage thats about ten per game behind the best O line in football

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 09:51 AM
you sound like a poser who just showed up to show off his new box of crayons.

you sound jealous

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I think it is interesting...when you hear Chiefs fans talk about LT you have to consider his body of work against us. It isn't that good, esp when you consider how terrible our defense has been and his status (deserved) as an elite back.

Here are his totals .vs KC since '02

-2002-
78 yards on 28 carries
131 yards on 31 carries (obviously a good game)

-2003-
34 yards on 13 carries
106 yards on 19 carries

-2004-
46 yards on 21 carries
Did not play a second game

-2005-
69 yards on 17 carries
47 yards on 14 carries

This year it is 66 yards on 16 carries

There are some good games mixed in but you would think the best back in the league could tear up this defense worse...there are some real stinkers in there. He is still an elite back...maybe the best but in the eyes of Chiefs fans...there are a lot of other things to fear.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Personally, I think tomlinson is a better overall back than LJ.

Whats funny, is not 5 weeks ago, alot of Dolt fans were calling for Michael Turner to be the starter and suggesting that LT had "lost his burst". I told them they were idiots too.

Johnson is evolving every week....anyone who thinks he's a "jerome bettis grinder" hasn't been watching, and sure didn't see the stop n go that juked Ian Gold out of his jock on Thanksgiving night.

noa
11-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Personally, I think tomlinson is a better overall back than LJ.

LJ agrees with you. He said so on Cold Pizza a few weeks ago.

LTforMVP
I think it is interesting...when you hear Chiefs fans talk about LT you have to consider his body of work against us. It isn't that good, esp when you consider how terrible our defense has been and his status (deserved) as an elite back.

Here are his totals .vs KC since '02

-2002-
78 yards on 28 carries
131 yards on 31 carries (obviously a good game)

-2003-
34 yards on 13 carries
106 yards on 19 carries

-2004-
46 yards on 21 carries
Did not play a second game

-2005-
69 yards on 17 carries
47 yards on 14 carries

This year it is 66 yards on 16 carries

There are some good games mixed in but you would think the best back in the league could tear up this defense worse...there are some real stinkers in there. He is still an elite back...maybe the best but in the eyes of Chiefs fans...there are a lot of other things to fear.

lol how conveniant of you to leave off recieving totals

Iowanian

You sound like one of the tongue chewers who were calling for Turner a month ago, suggesting that LT was a 3rd down back.

I think LT is a better overall back, because of his ability in the passing game, blocking and quickness to the outside....That said, Johnson makes alot of runs for 1st downs that would have Tomlinson stuffed. In Short yardage, I'd take Johnson any day.

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 09:59 AM
lol how conveniant of you to leave off recieving totals
Nobody is forgetting that he does well with receiving...alot of times he gets his yards in that respect but when he doesn't get them on the ground he doesn't dominate a game...

Ball control...keeping a defense on the field...you don't take over a game like LJ does by getting receptions out of the backfield you do it by running.

stevieray
11-27-2006, 09:59 AM
you sound jealous

of what?

i'm not the one comparing a five year back to a 20 game back..i'm also not on a chargers board bragging about gold and silver crayons.

time will tell.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
You sound like one of the tongue chewers who were calling for Turner a month ago, suggesting that LT was a 3rd down back.

I think LT is a better overall back, because of his ability in the passing game, blocking and quickness to the outside....That said, Johnson makes alot of runs for 1st downs that would have Tomlinson stuffed. In Short yardage, I'd take Johnson any day.

Turner is better than a lot of starting RBs in the league

Tomlinson is better than Johnson and Turner combined

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Tomlinson's numbers sometimes look better than the games overall performance. Like vs the Raiders yesterday....he was held in check the entire game.....and breaks 1 run to make the numbers look more than pedestrian.

Vs the Chiefs, Tomlinson has never really been the back breaker. Johnson has stuffed the rock up their arse every game he's played vs the Dolts.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 10:01 AM

You're a crackhead.

FAX
11-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I've been keeping the thread score. Currently, it looks like this:

Homers - 17
Gomers - 2

FAX

|Zach|

LMAO

4th and Long
I'd like a Sandy Eggo Bolts Troll doll for X-Mas, Santa.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
of what?

i'm not the one comparing a five year back to a 20 game back..i'm also not on achargers board bragging about gold and silver crayons.

time will tell.

Time will tell what?

They are essentially the same age and LJs running style is much more abusive to his body.

LJ will always be 4 great years behind LT

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Its funny how Dolt troll doesn't find his way out of the basement until the Chiefs beat denver to 3rd in the division.

In typical fashion, Dolt Troll will huff and puff now, but be ready to run for cover as soon as they lose again...and they will.

The Bolts couldn't have beaten the Raiders yesterday without some major Assistance from the stripes.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I read about the "abuse" on Johnson's body due to his running style alot.

I watch every game, and to be honest, I can't remeber him taking that many hard shots....and I can't recall him getting the worst end of too many collisions.

Doltfan doesn't know football. Doltfan doesn't watch much football.

Time will tell what?

They are essentially the same age and LJs running style is much more abusive to his body.

4th and Long
11-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Say, can anyone tell me, which team was it, mmmm ... last year I believe, that pulled out the chair for Sandy Eggo so they could sit home and watch the playoffs?

stevieray
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Time will tell what?

No way in hell that LJ's body has taken the punishment that LT has taken since college.

KCGridironBeast
11-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know where to find a stat that would show the percentage of 4+ or 5+ yard carries that a RB has out of all his total rushes? To me, that is an even more accurate portrayal of a dominant back...even YPC can be skewed by a long run, as someone just pointed out. LJ's game against Denver has to rank as one of his best, because he didn't have a run longer than 18 yards yet still put up a great line, which shows that he consistently gains 4+ yards per carry.

dj56dt58
11-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Someone find yards after contact as well..I looked but couldn't find it

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Larry Johnson

| 2003 kan | 6 | 20 85 4.2 1 | 1 2 2.0 0
| 2004 kan | 10 | 120 581 4.8 9 | 22 278 12.6 2
| 2005 kan | 16 | 336 1750 5.2 20 | 33 343 10.4 1
| 2006 kan | 11 | 282 1202 4.3 13 | 30 349 11.6 2

LaDanian Tomlinson

| 2001 sdg | 16 | 339 1236 3.6 10 | 59 367 6.2 0
| 2002 sdg | 16 | 372 1683 4.5 14 | 79 489 6.2 1
| 2003 sdg | 16 | 313 1645 5.3 13 | 100 725 7.2 4
| 2004 sdg | 15 | 339 1335 3.9 17 | 53 441 8.3 1
| 2005 sdg | 16 | 339 1462 4.3 18 | 51 370 7.3 2
| 2006 sdg | 11 | 230 1146 5.0 21 | 48 456 9.5 3

Since 2005:

3644 yards and 36 Tds recieving/rushing TDs

3434 yards and 44 TDs recieving/rushing TDs + 5 Passing TDs

Sorry Cheifs fans no matter how you try to spin it... you will only always be second best

KC-TBB
11-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Can't we all just get along?

Redrum_69
11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow...I would like to publicly apologize for defending Mecca on his trial.

I'd like to recommend a retrial....after reading this thread...

noa
11-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Sorry Chiefs fans no matter how you try to spin it... you will only always be second best

There you go folks, he has definitively settled this debate. We were foolish to think we could believe LJ was a better runner.
LTforMVP, people in this thread are saying they believe LJ is a better rusher but that LT is a better player overall. As I said earlier, if someone wants to use statistics to prove that LT is the better rusher, then you'd better be willing to argue that Dan Marino is the best QB of all time. Statistics only tell part of the story of a player's greatness, and we watch LJ, we see what he does in the 4th quarter, and we believe he's the better runner. Trust me, we're not jealous. We acknowledge that LT is good, but we're happy that we found a gem late in the first round with Larry. We believe our player is a better rusher, and you won't convince us otherwise.

Tinlar
11-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I'll admit the only times I really watch LT play full games is when he plays us... and based on that he isn't worth two shakes of salt on a brick of shit.

XXXshogunXXX
11-27-2006, 11:10 AM

why the deflection? i didnt acknowledge it becuase it was pointless. Youre blaming your offensive gameplan for LJs YPC, but what receiving game and balance advantage does Tomlinson have that LJ doesnt? both have probowl TE's and same crop of WRs.

Alot of you were claiming Rivers was going to be a struggling rookie this year, and now he's the reason why Tomlinson is getting his numbers. and wheres the balance? huard has 11 TD's compard to Rivers 15, 3 of those TD's are to Tomlinson. The offense is more balanced in SD because of Tomlinson, who is also the LEADING receiver on the team. That seperates the two. Tomlinsons other #1 receiving beast on the team besides Gates, is himself.

Ebolapox
11-27-2006, 11:43 AM
wait--what's that I see in the closets of boltfan?? you guys really need to get your elway jerseys, cowboy jackets, and the rest of your bandwagon gear cleaned out if you're gonna claim 'fanship' of one team

Halfcan
11-27-2006, 12:51 PM
I will take Lj in the Winter time with snow on the ground. LT is soft.

BTW the Rushing Title is not based on YPC, so who cares if a back has a little higher average than LJ??

ct
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM

yeah, and Gore just got injured, with almost 100 fewer touches, that guy ROCKS!

Buck
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Okay I compared the two in here http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3586392

if any body wants my two cents. Basically I take LT over LJ any day of the week.

Oh Snap
11-27-2006, 02:52 PM
LJ was seeing 8-9 man fronts earlier this season. What happened when LT saw 8-9 man fronts versus philly last year? 7 total yards and ZERO touchdowns. What i find so impressive about LJ leading the league in rushing yards now is how bad he started out the season. Hes has over 300 yards rushing in the past two weeks. LJ looks like hes going off on the league like he did this time last year. And it couldnt come at a better time. LJ is the better back with LT being a close second.

Oh Snap
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I will take Lj in the Winter time with snow on the ground. LT is soft.

I agree. LJ is the tougher back. That rain game at arrowhead last year was sweet!!!!

BTW the Rushing Title is not based on YPC, so who cares if a back has a little higher average than LJ??

yep. Tatum bell led the league in YPC last year. He finished with 921 yards and 8 TDs.

penchief
11-27-2006, 04:43 PM
I think a part of that is that, becasue of the different divisions in Gore's case, and the better overall offense in Tomlinson's case, that yards are harder to come by for LJ than for the other two.

And the fact is that LJ has been steadily incresing his YPC since around the 4th game.

There's a lot of reasons for that, IMO, but the biggest one is that for the first half of the season LJ was the focal point of every defense we've played. Can't say the same for Gore while LT has benefitted from a far more versatile and explosive offense.

If Gore and LT had to labor under LJ's circumstances, including the teams early offensive line woes, I'm not so sure either one would be doing any better than LJ.

Remember that a lot of those extra carries come on short yardage situations where everybody in the house knew he was our top 3 options.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 06:01 PM
There's a lot of reasons for that, IMO, but the biggest one is that Tomlinson is better

Fixed your post

Hammock Parties
11-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Line LT and LJ up exactly 100 yards apart. Let them run full bore and ram into each other. Who do you think would still be alive at the end of the collision? The smart money is on LJ.

FAX
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey, Mr. GoChiefs! You got your name back! Congratulations.

I agree that LJ would win the direct collision head on at full speed last man standing drill.

FAX

Hootie
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
LJ is a better runner, LT is better at everything else.

LJ has average hands, at best...if even average.
LJ is an average blocker.

LT is a better goalline back, even though LJ is pretty damn good, as well.

AND LT throws the HB pass better than anyone I've ever seen.

LT is #1.
LJ is #2.

I wouldn't want LT and LJ to swap teams, I think LJ is perfect for the Chiefs...but seriously, LT is THE better player...at least he is this year.

What he's doing this year is incredible.

KCGridironBeast
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
If Gore and LT had to labor under LJ's circumstances, including the teams early offensive line woes, I'm not so sure either one would be doing any better than LJ.

If Gore and LT were in LJ's circumstances, odds are they would both be hurt right now. Defenses know that LJ is getting the ball, yet they can't stop him. LT and Gore, on the other hand, don't get the ball with as much frequency so when they do get the handoff, they usually have fewer defenders in the box.

Hootie
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
If Gore and LT were in LJ's circumstances, odds are they would both be hurt right now. Defenses know that LJ is getting the ball, yet they can't stop him. LT and Gore, on the other hand, don't get the ball with as much frequency so when they do get the handoff, they usually have fewer defenders in the box.
If If If If If

We are what we are, and they are what they are...

This is like all of the idiot Charger fans telling us LJ was only good last year because of his line, and that LT had no line and blah blah blah blah blah...

This year...

LT
LJ
BIG GAP
A lot of other guys

KcMizzou
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Line LT and LJ up exactly 100 yards apart. Let them run full bore and ram into each other. Who do you think would still be alive at the end of the collision? The smart money is on LJ.Will this be a pay-per-view event?

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Tomlinson

Seasons among the league's top 10
Rushes: 2001-3, 2002-2, 2004-6, 2005-5, 2006-4t
Rushing yards: 2001-9, 2002-2, 2003-3, 2004-7, 2005-6, 2006-3
Rushing TDs: 2001-4t, 2002-5, 2003-6, 2004-1, 2005-3, 2006-1
Receptions: 2003-4
Yards from scrimmage: 2001-9, 2002-3, 2003-1, 2004-5t, 2005-5, 2006-1
Rush/Receive TDs: 2001-10t, 2002-6, 2003-3t, 2004-2, 2005-3, 2006-1

Among the league's all-time top 50
Rushes: 30t
Rushing yards: 26
Rushing TDs: 8
Yards from scrimmage: 44
Rush/Receive TDs: 13

Larry Johnson
Rushes: 2005-7, 2006-1
Rushing yards: 2005-3, 2006-1
Rushing TDs: 2005-2, 2006-2
Yards from scrimmage: 2005-2, 2006-2
Rush/Receive TDs: 2005-2, 2006-2

Larry Johnson is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category.

Easy 6
11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
When a decent team,all thru-out his career decides to apply the "Hammer Tomlinson Plan" to him LT can usually be stuffed , as we and many other teams proven.

Its all about preference, LJ is the BEST PURE RB...PERIOD. When teams decide to load up on Larry, he just gets MORE stubborn. He can bang OR juke...... i could care LESS if he cant split wide or run a WR route, he's the Dick Butkus of RB's. The KC REDBULL.

:arrow: Superman

LT is Great, next level versatility & durabilty...but you Eggo sprouts can have 1/B...I will take the 1/A of RB's.

Mecca
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM

Tomlinsons been in a worse situation before....do you understand how bad the Chargers were at 1 point, he was the only decent player on the entire time at 1 time.......

Also are you trying to say it's better to be on the 49ers than the Chiefs?

Mecca
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll admit the only times I really watch LT play full games is when he plays us... and based on that he isn't worth two shakes of salt on a brick of shit.

Excellent so you base your opinion on a few games of his career and admit to not watching him any other time.........your opinion sure matters in this thread now.

Bob Dole
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Tomlinsons been in a worse situation before....do you understand how bad the Chargers were at 1 point, he was the only decent player on the entire time at 1 time.......

Also are you trying to say it's better to be on the 49ers than the Chiefs?

Being on a team on either coast beats the hell out of being on a team stuck in a small market in the heartland.

Mecca
11-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I just think some people forget how good Frank Gore is and how much talent he has. His injuries are the only reason he got picked where he did....

If he had never gotten hurt in college Portis and McGahee would have never played and would be working at McDonalds now....

Valiant
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
why the deflection? i didnt acknowledge it becuase it was pointless. Youre blaming your offensive gameplan for LJs YPC, but what receiving game and balance advantage does Tomlinson have that LJ doesnt? both have probowl TE's and same crop of WRs.

Alot of you were claiming Rivers was going to be a struggling rookie this year, and now he's the reason why Tomlinson is getting his numbers. and wheres the balance? huard has 11 TD's compard to Rivers 15, 3 of those TD's are to Tomlinson. The offense is more balanced in SD because of Tomlinson, who is also the LEADING receiver on the team. That seperates the two. Tomlinsons other #1 receiving beast on the team besides Gates, is himself.

Agian you did it..

What about last year when LJ had is probowl offense that was balanced... You forgot to mention your allmighty stat comparison on last year... LJ started and played in less games then LT and beat him across the board... Why is that???

LJ KC 1750 5.2 20tds
343 1tds

LT SD 1462 4.3 18tds
370 2tds

Everybody on here thinks LT is the best all around player.. You ****ing homers are just jumping on the bandwagon with his tear lately.. Hell we all laughed at your stupid asses at the begining of the year when 80% of you were calling for turner... And do not try and deny it just go to the one or two bolt fans forums and look back, okay the one...

You are bandwagoning bolt fans, you still cannot sell out your stadium without rivals taking it over.. You never show up when your team is bad, hell you guys are still the joke of the AFC West with as bad as the raiders are...

Lzen
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I wonder if that Donkey fan still thinks LJ isn't special.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Agian you did it..

What about last year when LJ had is probowl offense that was balanced... You forgot to mention your allmighty stat comparison on last year... LJ started and played in less games then LT and beat him across the board... Why is that???

LJ KC 1750 5.2 20tds
343 1tds

LT SD 1462 4.3 18tds
370 2tds

Everybody on here thinks LT is the best all around player.. You ****ing homers are just jumping on the bandwagon with his tear lately.. Hell we all laughed at your stupid asses at the begining of the year when 80% of you were calling for turner... And do not try and deny it just go to the one or two bolt fans forums and look back, okay the one...

You are bandwagoning bolt fans, you still cannot sell out your stadium without rivals taking it over.. You never show up when your team is bad, hell you guys are still the joke of the AFC West with as bad as the raiders are...

Tomlinson

Larry Johnson

Hootie
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
LTforMVP, stfu dude...

we understand...

Keep posting your useless stats.

I agree, as of this year, LT > LJ...however LJ was way better than LT last year, and it showed down the stretch.

We get it, you're a Chargers fan. Blah blah blah...go post on your board...we're sick of your stupid career stats that we don't care about.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah Id hate to get reminded by objective stats that your boy LJ really hasnt done anything compared to LT and will always be a red headed stepchild as long as LT is in the league

Hootie
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
LT has won a lot of playoff games in San Diego...

FAX
11-27-2006, 08:37 PM
And so it was that Mr. LTforMVP advanced into the realm of infantile madness.

No, Mr. LTforMVP. You may not go poo poo without wiping after.

FAX

unlurking
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah Id hate to get reminded by objective stats that your boy LJ really hasnt done anything compared to LT and will always be a red headed stepchild as long as LT is in the league
You mean like how Tony Gonzales is a GOD and Antonio Gates can't even hold his jock?

Valiant
11-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Tomlinson

Larry Johnson

Man you are a piece of shit... LT has been in the league how long???

I was comparing last year where LJ started 3/4 the games of LT and still had better stats...

So either back that year up with some sort of evident explanition or stfu...

Oh wait lets use your logic...

Emmitt smith is 100x better then LT, look at the stats..

****ing dumbass...

siberian khatru
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I think after 228 posts, the great debate has finally been settled:

LTforMVP is a dumbass.

noa
11-27-2006, 09:07 PM
LT4MVP, you have posted your stats three times now and how many times do we have to tell you that we don't care? Stats don't tell the whole picture. Like Valiant said, do you think Emmit Smith is the best RB of all time? Do you think Dan Marino is the greatest QB? If you don't, then stop citing your stupid stats to us.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Tomlinson

Larry Johnson

unlurking
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
LT4MVP, you have posted your stats three times now and how many times do we have to tell you that we don't care? Stats don't tell the whole picture. Like Valiant said, do you think Emmit Smith is the best RB of all time? Do you think Dan Marino is the greatest QB? If you don't, then stop citing your stupid stats to us.
Obviously he has no other player on his team to root for, so he is pimping one guy for all he is worth.

noa
11-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Well played. Maybe LT does deserve the MVP after all.

XXXshogunXXX
11-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Agian you did it..

LJ KC 1750 5.2 20tds
343 1tds

LT SD 1462 4.3 18tds
370 2tds

jumping the bandwagon? now you're gonna start name calling? looks like you cant prove a point without doing so, dick. Look at my start date, 2003 . Ive been supporting them even through that horrible season. Nice stats bringing up last year, why cant you compare the two this year? Tomlinsons offense is balanced becuase of him...he's the #1 receiver on the team.

and who gives a **** that LJ doesnt have that probowl line anymore, are you saying he can only produce with only that line? and how is that Tomlinsons fault. He's never had 1 of his offensive lineman go to the probowl, he's outproducing LJ at this point, and he doesnt have an excuse as to why he's doing it. you're crying that the offense isnt balanced and he doesnt have Roaf....are you trying to prove he isnt as good as Tomlinson without his line?

Tomlinson had Brees throwing for more INT than TDs that horrible year in 2003, yet he still ammassed over 2300 yards, with a 5.3 ypc, and zero help.....poor LJ, only a few probowlers left on his line.

dirk digler
11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Wow this debate is still going on. IMO LT is #1 and LJ is #2 as far as the best all around back.

But each back is great in their own regard and they fit their teams perfectly. If you want a power and bruising back to play MaulBall LJ is your guy. If you want to run a finesse\passing type offense LT is your guy.

Oh Snap
11-27-2006, 11:49 PM
LJ is a better runner, LT is better at everything else.

AND LT throws the HB pass better than anyone I've ever seen.

You said "And one of the better HB passers youve ever seen" *laughs ass off, and then stops*..... Well shit sherlock what do you expect when the WR/TE is WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he doesnt hit a wide open TE/WR, jogging! Not running!! but jogging!!! Then he doesnt deserve to be in the pros!!!! Let alone running that stupid play.

LTforMVP
11-27-2006, 11:55 PM
You said "And one of the better HB passers youve ever seen" *laughs ass off, and then stops*..... Well shit sherlock what do you expect when the WR/TE is WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he doesnt hit a wide open TE/WR, jogging! Not running!! but jogging!!! Then he doesnt deserve to be in the pros!!!! Let alone running that stupid play.

if its so easy why doesnt every RB in the league do it

Oh Snap
11-28-2006, 12:02 AM
if its so easy why doesnt every RB in the league do it

Are you denying that LT is not throwing to wide open WR or TEs? If so then you can eat the bean dip outta my ass.

11-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Wow this debate is still going on. IMO LT is #1 and LJ is #2 as far as the best all around back.

But each back is great in their own regard and they fit their teams perfectly. If you want a power and bruising back to play MaulBall LJ is your guy. If you want to run a finesse\passing type offense LT is your guy.

Put it to rest. LT will be MVP and on the cover of Madden 08.

Enjoy next season. LMAO

LTforMVP
11-28-2006, 12:05 AM
of course hes throwing to a wide open reciever thats the point of the play

the fact is there isnt another rb in the league including LJ who can even pass it to a wide open reciever otherwise thier teams would use this play

SnakeXJones
11-28-2006, 12:08 AM

the fact is there isnt another rb in the league including LJ who can even pass it to a wide open reciever otherwise thier teams would use this play

I would really hate to see your room.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I would really hate to see your room.

Love stains on his LT fathead.

Oh Snap
11-28-2006, 12:14 AM

If that were the case, then they have no business playing in the pros.

How hard could it be throwing a ball to a jogging wide reciever who just happens to be wide open? The chargers get lucky with that play every time. It is in teams playbooks around the league. Now as to why they dont they use it? Ask the O coordinators.... Maybe they can tell you.

Frazod
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
His passing ability is great for them, a giant pain in the ass for us (hell, he's probably a better QB than Vick :D ). I fondly remember Marcus dropping those in occasionally.

I wonder if Larry can pass? Perhaps they're working on it.

noa
11-28-2006, 12:17 AM
His passing ability is great for them, a giant pain in the ass for us (hell, he's probably a better QB than Vick :D ). I fondly remember Marcus dropping those in occasionally.

I wonder if Larry can pass? Perhaps they're working on it.

Ronnie Brown did it to us too didn't he?
I definitely think it could work with LJ if he can throw a decent ball. We give him the ball so much that we could easily set up a team for the RB pass. We might also be able to get away with a flea flicker if the other team is stacking the box.

stevieray
11-28-2006, 12:19 AM

how old are you?

SnakeXJones
11-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I definitely think it could work with LJ if he can throw a decent ball. We give him the ball so much that we could easily set up a team for the RB pass. We might also be able to get away with a flea flicker if the other team is stacking the box.

What! I remember Brown did but it was Dropped or Deflected (Forgot), Or was that the Chargers game bad memory here.

noa
11-28-2006, 12:21 AM
What! I remember Brown did but it was Dropped or Deflected (Forgot), Or was that the Chargers game bad memory here.

You're right, he threw the pass but I think it was out of bounds to Chambers. Sorry about that.

XXXshogunXXX
11-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Love stains on his LT fathead.

as opposed to a discolored crotch on a limited edition princess leia

Frazod
11-28-2006, 12:22 AM

Sorry, I don't remember who that is.