PDA

View Full Version : Chargers are 2 up on us.

chiefsfan1963
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Despite a poor performance and ugly win against the Raiders.

That means Chiefs can't take it easy at all! They must win all their home games and beat all the teams they are supposed to beat.

4-1 from here on out. The only game they can afford to lose is to SD at SD. That's it. 11-5 or no playoffs.

I'm going to the Caribbean Friday for a family vacation and will miss both the Browns and most likely the Ravens game unless they move it to Sunday night. Hopefully we'll be 9-4 when we come back. GO CHIEFS!

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Well, Bye.

JBucc
11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Have fun. Be sure to play with some stingrays.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 07:37 PM
So we're 2 down on Sd, yet we can afford to lose to them??

siberian khatru
11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
He's absolutely convinced that 10-6 won't make it, even though last year was one of very, very few times a 10-6 team didn't qualify for the postseason.

I'd rather be 11-5, but I don't think 10-6 is a death sentence.

VonneMarie
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Have fun. Be sure to play with some stingrays.
:LOL:

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
He's absolutely convinced that 10-6 won't make it, even though last year was one of very, very few times a 10-6 team didn't qualify for the postseason.

I'd rather be 11-5, but I don't think 10-6 is a death sentence.

I'm absolutely convinced he's a dumbass.

One of us is right.

GROB
11-26-2006, 07:42 PM
I would say KC couldnt afford lose to raiders.

chiefsfan1963
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
So we're 2 down on Sd, yet we can afford to lose to them??

We have no hope to win the division with SD remaining schedule. Our best chance is the #1 WC slot with one home game during the post season. Cincy, Jags, and Jets are all 1 game behind us. 11-5 or look forward to next year. Even if we get in at 10-6 we won't be legit. I believe no team has ever made it to the SB at 10-6 maybe 1 team, but I'm not sure. Anyway no team has won the SB with less than 11 games won during the regular season.

dj56dt58
11-26-2006, 07:55 PM
We have no hope to win the division with SD remaining schedule. Our best chance is the #1 WC slot with one home game during the post season. Cincy, Jags, and Jets are all 1 game behind us. 11-5 or look forward to next year. Even if we get in at 10-6 we won't be legit. I believe no team has ever made it to the SB at 10-6 maybe 1 team, but I'm not sure. Anyway no team has won the SB with less than 11 games won during the regular season.
I think we can still win the division. We're 2 games back, our head to head matchup w/ SD can make up 1 game, and they might have an easy remaining schedule but they do have Mary has their head coach. We beat SD head to head anything is possible, and if we end up tied we take the tiebreaker if we beat them

Bowser

Uhh, didn't the Raiders win against the Redskins (the one where Marcus had his 74 yard TD run) with only having 9 regular season victories?

GROB
I don't know how many have been to the game at 10-6 but it seems 85 pats were 9-7 or something but I agree only 1 team has won with 10 wins.

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
That means Chiefs can't take it easy at all! Be sure and send them an email or something, so they're aware of it.

milkman
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't know how many have been to the game at 10-6 but it seems 85 pats were 9-7 or something but I agree only 1 team has won with 10 wins.

I'm fairly certain the Rams team that lost to the Steelers were a 9-7 team when they went.

tk13
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
I would've felt pretty good about our division chances if the Raiders could've finished the flipping job today. Still, I don't think San Diego is invincible at home in the playoffs. Herm's beat them there before.

cdcox
11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Our best chance is the #1 WC slot with one home game during the post season.

The only way a WC can host a playoff game is in the confernce championship, with the #5 seed hosting the #6 seed.

GROB
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm fairly certain the Rams team that lost to the Steelers were a 9-7 team when they went.
I do know the 9ers are only team to win with less than 11 wins.

blueballs
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I suggest a jug of vinegar
for a avatar

chiefsfan1963
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
The only way a WC can host a playoff game is in the confernce championship, with the #5 seed hosting the #6 seed.

I thought one of the WC teams hosts a game, but I forgot about that was back before we added another division.

|Zach|
11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
It looks as though Herm is about to accomplish as much as DV and AS during their whole tenure here in one year.

At the very least...a single playoff appearance.

Missing AS\DV?

noa
11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I think most of us on this board knew that if the Chiefs were going to make the playoffs this year, it would be as a wild card team rather than a divisional champ.

Bald but Beautiful
11-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I do think the Chief's best chance of making the playoffs is as a wild card team but I do not think the division is necessarily decided already. With the Chargers going to Buffalo who all of a sudden seems like a formidable squad and them playing the Chiefs and the Donks again tells me that it is still not decided as of yet. Could be interesting.

milkman
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
I do think the Chief's best chance of making the playoffs is as a wild card team but I do not think the division is necessarily decided already. With the Chargers going to Buffalo who all of a sudden seems like a formidable squad and them playing the Chiefs and the Donks again tells me that it is still not decided as of yet. Could be interesting.

I've been saying since Thursday that I think that Buffalo is a trap game for SD.

KCBOSS1
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
It looks as though Herm is about to accomplish as much as DV and AS during their whole tenure here in one year.

Missing AS\DV?

Yes, Hire Herm as a defensive coordinator. Run the offense like we ran it over the last 4 years and the defense like this year. Best of both worlds.

boogblaster
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Even if SD loses 2 games that still could put us as a wildcard..fricking Ravens looked damn good today, that game won't be a gimme..Jags don't look that good but who knows....

RealSNR
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
1963 has a point. If the Chiefs are planning on losing two more games, maybe they should try to lose NONE at all and hope for the best. Because they need to know that 10-6 won't guarantee you a playoff spot.

Genious. Simply genious.

KcMizzou
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
1963 has a point. If the Chiefs are planning on losing two more games, maybe they should try to lose NONE at all and hope for the best. Because they need to know that 10-6 won't guarantee you a playoff spot.

Genious. Simply genious.Someone get herm on the line, quick!

milkman
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM

Genious. Simply genious.

Oh man!
Why didn't I think of this? :banghead:

KurtCobain
11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Still, I don't think San Diego is invincible at home in the playoffs. Herm's beat them there before.

zing!

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Missing AS\DV?

When it comes to our O ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Missing AS\DV?

GET IN THE PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 11:42 AM

GET IN THE PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And even with all that glorious sports center offense Herm is about to do as much and prob more in his first season than DV\AS ever could in Kansas City.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 11:44 AM

Remember Chiefs don't blow out teams so no matter who we're playing our opponents will most likely have a chance to beat us all the way to the final seconds of the ballgame!

We're only one game up on the other teams looking for a WC slot.
We can't afford to go 3-2 PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-5 or see you next year!

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 11:44 AM
our opponents will most likely have a chance to beat us all the way to the final seconds of the ballgame!

But do they?

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 11:46 AM
I can't wait for another "sure we won, but..." thread from cf1963 after another game won that DV would have dropped.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM

Genious. Simply genious.

Also no team that wins just 10 games during the regular season reaches the SB. You are not legit if you win only 10 games.

Winning 11 games will truly be a strong statement. Going 4-1 will impress me. Although I miss DV and believe he left a solid foundation for Herm, I will tip my hat to him for winning 11 games.

Ultimately though Herm will not get to the SB if this O doesn't get into the paint. Our D is not good enough to maintain a lead with just FG's.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Your boyfriend's are sure burning up DC eh.....

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Ultimately though Herm will not get to the SB if this O doesn't get into the paint. Our D is not good enough to maintain a lead with just FG's.
When have we gotten just FGs?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
But do they?

We'll see Zach. These next 5 games will prove your point or mine. Hope I'm wrong.

CupidStunt
11-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes, Hire Herm as a defensive coordinator. Run the offense like we ran it over the last 4 years and the defense like this year. Best of both worlds.

You're confused.

Herm's the head coach; Vermeil could be the offensive coordinator.

Saunders can take a hike.

|Zach|
11-27-2006, 11:54 AM
All of his points hinge on the Chiefs doing worse than they are now. Nice.

MOhillbilly
11-27-2006, 11:59 AM
SD doesnt have a cake walk schedule. denver/kc/seattle could all go either way for them.

its all up for grabs.

fun

Baby Lee
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Although I miss DV and believe he left a solid foundation for Herm
Gone or no longer starting
Barber
Bartee
Dalton
Hall
Hicks
Holmes
Horn
McCleon
Richardson
Roaf
Siavii
Sims
Stills

New
Bennett
Edwards
Hali
Law
Page
Pollard
Reed
Turley

Otherwise, pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

keg in kc
11-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm going to the Caribbean Friday for a family vacation and will miss both the Browns and most likely the Ravens game unless they move it to Sunday night. Hopefully we'll be 9-4 when we come back. GO CHIEFS!Oh damn. That's too bad.

As in too bad you'll only be gone for two games.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Gone or no longer starting
Barber
Bartee
Dalton
Hall
Hicks
Holmes
Horn
McCleon
Richardson
Roaf
Siavii
Sims
Stills

New
Bennett
Edwards
Hali
Law
Page
Pollard
Reed
Turley

Otherwise, pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

You actually believe your BS. :huh:

Baby Lee
11-27-2006, 12:28 PM
BS? OK, I'll bite. Who did I list as gone or not starting who is starting for the Chiefs? Who did I list as new who was on the team and starting while DV was still here?

I think you're mixed up on the definition of 'BS.' It, in point of fact, does not actually mean, "things which effectively counter my half-assed opinions."

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 12:36 PM
BS? OK, I'll bite. Who did I list as gone or not starting who is starting for the Chiefs? Who did I list as new who was on the team and starting while DV was still here?

I think you're mixed up on the definition of 'BS.' It, in point of fact, does not actually mean, "things which effectively counter my half-assed opinions."

Like the Media you have your illusion of reality and you look for evidence to support that illusion.

I'm not going to argue with you dude. If you think that DV made no contribution to this franchise and he left the team in shambles and should get no credit in leaving a decent 10-6 team to Herm where all he has to do is focus on the D and have them perform at a Top 15 D in the league then there is no use continuing this dialogue.

RealSNR
11-27-2006, 12:49 PM
You're confused.

Herm's the head coach; Vermeil could be the offensive coordinator.

Saunders can take a hike.Vermeil hasn't coordinated an offense since... well, never, actually.

Halfcan
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Be sure and send them an email or something, so they're aware of it.

And don't forget to alert the media. LMAO

Baby Lee
11-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Like the Media you have your illusion of reality and you look for evidence to support that illusion.

I'm not going to argue with you dude. If you think that DV made no contribution to this franchise and he left the team in shambles and should get no credit in leaving a decent 10-6 team to Herm where all he has to do is focus on the D and have them perform at a Top 15 D in the league then there is no use continuing this dialogue.
So that's silence on the issue of what specifically I said that was 'BS?"

And I think's it's pretty shitty debating style to first try to minimize Herm's accomplishment by characterizing them as a byproduct of what DV gave him. Then when someone makes the case that there were a number of personnel and philosophy changes between what DV 'gave' Herm and what's on the field today, you mischaracterize that person's stance as "DV never did nothing for the Chiefs and left them in shambles."
My point wasn't that DV left us high and dry. It was that Herm has put his stamp on the team by building NEW foundations to replace those foundations DV left that were subpar or foundational personnel who changed teams or retired.

htismaqe
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM

It's not an illusion.

It's a DELUSION, as in "what chiefsfan1963 is suffering from right now"...

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 01:50 PM
When have we gotten just FGs?

At Denver.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM

He's right Babylee.....it is BS. You forgot the missing starting CB, Eric Warfield.

ct
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM

Your and idiot!!

The #1 WC does not get a home game, unless they somehow advance to the conference championship vs. the #2 WC.

EDIT: Well shit...I'm the idiot.

KC-TBB
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
My woo woo hurts!

svuba
11-27-2006, 03:33 PM

BS is the Fact that you presented one sided lists comprised simply out of DV hatred. You only listed who was gone, and who was new, You do not provide a list of the DV players making Big contributions such as:

Trent Green
Damon Huard
Larry Johnson
Eddie Kennison
Sammy Parker
Casey Weigman
John Welborn
Jordan Black
Lawrence Tynes

Jared Allen
Derrick Johnson
Kawika Mitchell
Keyaron Fox
Patrick Surtain
Sammy Knight
Dustin Colquitt

That's a pretty good group right there.

Also you listed players as "Gone" who were not chosen by DV, therby making him responsible for those players. So if he is responsible for those, then he should also to be given credit for guys like Tony Gonzales?

Gonzales
Shields
Waters
Hall
Dunn

That is a lttle more fair. I certainly wouldn't want to be without the Offensive core that was put together under the Vermeil era.

Iowanian
11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't know that anyone can give Dick Vermeil Credit for "diaper boy". He didn't want him and didn't play him until Priest was injured.

svuba
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't know that anyone can give Dick Vermeil Credit for "diaper boy". He didn't want him and didn't play him until Priest was injured.

He didn't trade him, he kept him on the team. He did work with him. I suppose he should have Benched Preist in the middle of his record setting season to get the rook some carries?

Baby Lee
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Also you listed players as "Gone" who were not chosen by DV, therby making him responsible for those players.
The only three not chosen by DV were;

Bartee, Hicks and Richardson.

Bartee and Hicks were legacies, but DV is responsible for continuing to pimp them way past the time it was clear they were losers.

And the point of Richardson being listed as gone is to illustrate another foundation Herm had to shore up. I'd love for Richardson to still be here, and enjoyed what he did for us under DV. But he's gone, and Herm has adapted. . . in part by actually finding a use for Bigfoot, so it's kind of a double whammy.

Logical
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Despite a poor performance and ugly win against the Raiders.

That means Chiefs can't take it easy at all! They must win all their home games and beat all the teams they are supposed to beat.

4-1 from here on out. The only game they can afford to lose is to SD at SD. That's it. 11-5 or no playoffs.

I'm going to the Caribbean Friday for a family vacation and will miss both the Browns and most likely the Ravens game unless they move it to Sunday night. Hopefully we'll be 9-4 when we come back. GO CHIEFS!

???

WTH are you babbling about? Is this Tommykats retarded brother?

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 06:16 PM
BS is the Fact that you presented one sided lists comprised simply out of DV hatred. You only listed who was gone, and who was new, You do not provide a list of the DV players making Big contributions such as:

Trent Green
Damon Huard
Larry Johnson
Eddie Kennison
Sammy Parker
Casey Weigman
John Welborn
Jordan Black
Lawrence Tynes

Jared Allen
Derrick Johnson
Kawika Mitchell
Keyaron Fox
Patrick Surtain
Sammy Knight
Dustin Colquitt

That's a pretty good group right there.

Also you listed players as "Gone" who were not chosen by DV, therby making him responsible for those players. So if he is responsible for those, then he should also to be given credit for guys like Tony Gonzales?

Gonzales
Shields
Waters
Hall
Dunn

That is a lttle more fair. I certainly wouldn't want to be without the Offensive core that was put together under the Vermeil era.

:thumb:

Deberg_1990
11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
I believe no team has ever made it to the SB at 10-6 maybe 1 team, but I'm not sure.

Pittsburgh was 10-6 last year and won 3 road games to make it to the big show.

Nothing is impossible, unless Marty is your head coach.

chiefsfan1963
11-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Pittsburgh was 10-6 last year and won 3 road games to make it to the big show.

Nothing is impossible, unless Marty is your head coach.

Sorry bud, they were 11-5.

joesomebody
11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
We have no hope to win the division with SD remaining schedule. Our best chance is the #1 WC slot with one home game during the post season. Cincy, Jags, and Jets are all 1 game behind us. 11-5 or look forward to next year. Even if we get in at 10-6 we won't be legit. I believe no team has ever made it to the SB at 10-6 maybe 1 team, but I'm not sure. Anyway no team has won the SB with less than 11 games won during the regular season.I'm not going to check my information or read through the remaining 6 pages of this thread to see if you've already been corrected, but I am pretty sure that the current defending Super Bowl Champs (Pittsburgh) was 10-6 in the regular season last year.

FAX
11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm not going to check my information or read through the remaining 6 pages of this thread to see if you've already been corrected, but I am pretty sure that the current defending Super Bowl Champs (Pittsburgh) was 10-6 in the regular season last year.

I think that they were actually 11 and 5, Mr. joesomebody.

FAX

Eleazar
11-27-2006, 10:15 PM

OldTownChief
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Pitt was 11-5 last season, we needed them to lose their last game and we would have taken the tiebreaker.

milkman
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Regardless of Dick's other contributions to this team, his main contribution was the pussifying of the team.

I am a fan of neither Dick or Hermie, but at least Hermie has brought back toughness, both physically and mentally, to this team.

Dick was a pussy, and his team was a reflection of him.

FAX
11-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Regardless of Dick's other contributions to this team, his main contribution was the pussifying of the team.

I am a fan of neither Dick or Hermie, but at least Hermie has brought back toughness, both physically and mentally, to this team.

Interesting observation, Mr. milkman. Insightful as always.

They say that teams take on the personality of their coach. If true, DV's Chiefs would have been all cried out by the end of his tenure. Maybe Herm has imbued this team with some backbone.

The funny thing is that, at least in my view, the Chiefs have come out flat in several games which is not necessarily indicative of a mentally tough team. Yet, they've fought through some serious adversity and are becoming more physical all the time, it seems.

It will take all that to make it as far as the post season this year, for sure. Hermerism may yet prove to be the answer.

FAX

blueballs
11-28-2006, 01:55 AM
there are several members of the board who would like to thank you
I like to start threads and thought of starting a thread for dipshit of the week
now that thread is moot

htismaqe
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
He didn't trade him, he kept him on the team. He did work with him. I suppose he should have Benched Preist in the middle of his record setting season to get the rook some carries?

If DV had the POWER to trade him, he would have. He said as much.

Luckily for us, Carl holds that key.

The Rick
11-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't think so. One of the reasons we've been successful, especially on defense, is the change in the mentality of the offense.

Our offense, as explosive as it was, wasn't doing our defense any favors. Herm has pulled back the reins slightly which keeps our defense off the field and rested...

FAX
11-28-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't think so. One of the reasons we've been successful, especially on defense, is the change in the mentality of the offense.

Our offense, as explosive as it was, wasn't doing our defense any favors. Herm has pulled back the reins slightly which keeps our defense off the field and rested...

With all respect, that may be spin, Mr. The Rick.

In Dick's last year as Head Dick, our average TOP was 32:09. This year, it's 30:19.

I didn't count, but it looks like we're ranked 15th or so in TOP this year. Under Head Dick, we were first.

FAX

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2006, 11:36 AM

What a bunch of crap. If you call the last 4 to 5 years of consistently being the best offense in the league a pussification of our team then you
are certainly delusional. DV's practices were notoriously long and tough through the years. He toned it down when he came out of retirement but even the toned down version was not toned down enough for many of the vets. Just b/c DV got emotional and cried during team meetings, doesn't mean he was a pussy.

If an O can come out each time on the field and have the confidence and swagger to score TD's, that is proof enough that they were mentally tough in my book.

|Zach|
11-28-2006, 11:37 AM
What a bunch of crap. If you call the last 4 to 5 years of consistently being the best offense in the league a pussification of our team then you
are certainly delusional. DV's practices were notoriously long and tough through the years. He toned it down when he came out of retirement but even the toned down version was not toned down enough for many of the vets. Just b/c DV got emotional and cried during team meetings, doesn't mean he was a pussy.

If an O can come out each time on the field and have the confidence and swagger to score TD's, that is proof enough that they were mentally tough in my book.
You are the only one who cares about scoring 30 points a game.

30 points a game does nothing for your team if you give up 31 points a game.

|Zach|
11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Scoring lots of points > Actually winning

Thanks for your input 1963

Brock
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
are certainly delusional.

What do you call the last 4 to 5 years of having the worst defense in the league, if not pussification? Oh, that's right, it was Carl's fault.

Baby Lee
11-28-2006, 12:53 PM

All that is zeroed out when your defense is swishing around in skirts and slapping tampax on each other's naughty bits.

Fish
11-28-2006, 12:57 PM
All that is zeroed out when your defense is swishing around in skirts and slapping tampax on each other's naughty bits.

LMAO.... Picturing Eric Hicks in a cheerleader outfit.....

Rah Rah!

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2006, 12:58 PM
the 32 defense....good times

kpic
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Not sure what was taking place during the DV era and his practices but
Herm was on Sirius today talking about the practices and he said something to the effect that during pre-season they had full pad practices to toughen up the team up and in the past few weeks they are not practicing in pads and doing more walk throughs.

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Scoring lots of points > Actually winning

Thanks for your input 1963

No question the D was DV's downfall, but faulting him for scoring too much on O and saying that he pussified the team, now that 's way out of reality.

htismaqe
11-28-2006, 02:42 PM
No question the D was DV's downfall, but faulting him for scoring too much on O and saying that he pussified the team, now that 's way out of reality.

He did pussify this team. It's not only NOT "out of reality", it's the unadulterated truth.

Look no further than his reasoning for keeping Eric Hicks around - because the guy knew how to handle, like a professional, losing 3 out of 4 games to start a season...

|Zach|
11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I never said he scored too much.

I said it doesn't matter if you score a million points when your defense gives up a billion...it doesn't matter that your offense always scores 30 if your defense always gives up 31.

The other team was scoring more points than we were. If you like offense THAT much then you must have enjoyed every team that lined up against DV's defense

Now we are scoring more than the other teams...which means we win games. I love it..we score 19 and the other team scores 10. We win.

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I never said he scored too much.

I said it doesn't matter if you score a million points when your defense gives up a billion...it doesn't matter that your offense always scores 30 if your defense always gives up 31.

The other team was scoring more points than we were. If you like offense THAT much then you must have enjoyed every team that lined up against DV's defense

Now we are scoring more than the other teams...which means we win games. I love it..we score 19 and the other team scores 10. We win.

The D was a work in progress when he was with the Chiefs. I don't think he was all right about the porous D nor did I think he was at all satisfied with it b/c of the scoring ability of his O. It was a thorn in his side that prevented him from accomplishing his goals here. No question it was sole reason why he didn't get another SB ring. He had an awesome O, but a below average D at best. It truly sucked, many of the draft choices on D were busts! If he had better success in the draft I'm convinced he would have gotten over the hump.

The Eagles were not known for a poor D when he coached them and the Rams D was good enough to win it all. Reaching 2 SB's and winning one is no easy accomplishment ask many of the HOF coaches they'll tell you. You don't do this by pussifying your teams. It's a load of BS! It's just talk from people who have great disdain for someone who did a lot of good for the NFL including the Chiefs organizaton.

Brock
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
The D was a work in progress when he was with the Chiefs.

LOL, I didn't see any progress at all. None.

|Zach|
11-28-2006, 03:12 PM
The D was a work in progress when he was with the Chiefs. I don't think he was all right about the porous D nor did I think he was at all satisfied with it b/c of the scoring ability of his O. It was a thorn in his side that prevented him from accomplishing his goals here. No question it was sole reason why he didn't get another SB ring. He had an awesome O, but a below average D at best. It truly sucked, many of the draft choices on D were busts! If he had better success in the draft I'm convinced he would have gotten over the hump.

The Eagles were not known for a poor D when he coached them and the Rams D was good enough to win it all. Reaching 2 SB's and winning one is no easy accomplishment ask many of the HOF coaches they'll tell you. You don't do this by pussifying your teams. It's a load of BS! It's just talk from people who have great disdain for someone who did a lot of good for the NFL including the Chiefs organizaton.
I don't have disdain for the guy...I wish him the best...it was a fun ride. I want more than a single playoff appearance. It seems as though other Chiefs fans do as well.

And when we do get to the playoffs...I would love...just love to see the other team punt.

Once.

I am also a big fan of scoring more points than the other team. We do that now.

Baby Lee
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
It truly sucked, many of the draft choices on D were busts! If he had better success in the draft I'm convinced he would have gotten over the hump.
And if my aunt had a dick . . .

milkman
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Pussy Vermeil:

"Waaah, the schedule is to hard, Waaah."
"Waaah, My Kicker can't kick, Waaah."
"Waaah, my punter can't punt, Waaah."
"Waaah, slowest LB in the history of the NFL got hurt and made it impossible for my favorite son, Greg Robinson, to succeed, Waaah."

"Waaah, ****in' Waaah."
That useless bastard cried more a woman on the rag, and his team was never acccountable.

duncan_idaho
11-29-2006, 09:18 AM

Maybe if Vermeil didn't base his No. 6 selection in the draft on one of his buddies (John Bunting) telling him what a great player and kid his defensive tackle (Ryan Sims) was, he would have gotten over the hump. Vermeil's intense loyalty to "his guys" (IE Grob, Giunta, Eric Hicks) hurt this team a lot.

He didn't make people accountable for their failures, and that definitely fails to toughen up anyone.

milkman
11-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Maybe if Vermeil didn't base his No. 6 selection in the draft on one of his buddies (John Bunting) telling him what a great player and kid his defensive tackle (Ryan Sims) was, he would have gotten over the hump. Vermeil's intense loyalty to "his guys" (IE Grob, Giunta, Eric Hicks) hurt this team a lot.

He didn't make people accountable for their failures, and that definitely fails to toughen up anyone.

So..uh....Where the hell have you been?