20. Connecticut 5-0 516
21. Georgia Tech 5-1 511
22. Gonzaga 6-1 421
23. Maryland 7-0 376
24. Nevada 5-0 349
25. Virginia 4-0 91

Mr. Laz
11-27-2006, 01:07 PM
wow ... i'm a bit surprised by the jump.

although i don't know why they just didn't finish the jump by flip-flopping Floride and Kansas with #4 and #5.

noa
11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I know KU lost to Oral Roberts and all, but how can you put Florida ahead of KU, and how did Florida get 3 first place votes?

HolmeZz
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't get the love affair with Pittsburgh.

chief4life
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I know KU lost to Oral Roberts and all, but how can you put Florida ahead of KU, and how did Florida get 3 first place votes?

Yeah that surprised me too! You would think we would leapfrog them and have them atleast fall below us, but I am happy. We have a great team this year and I think everyone else should Beware of the Phog. Rock Chalk Jayhawk! :KU:

DMAC
11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
MO State is close! (Others Receiving Votes)

JBucc
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
33 votes for Arkansas. We're a lot better than I thought we'd be this year.

Megbert
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow I figured the Hawks would move up 2-3 spots at the most. Pleasantly surprised.

kepp
11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Because Florida lost to a good team and KU lost to Oral Roberts.

noa
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Florida hasn't won a game against a good team, KU has.
Florida played Samford, North Florida, Jacksonville, UT-Chatt, PV A&M, and Western Kentucky.

Lzen
11-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Do you not realize that Oral Roberts was a tourney team last year?

And Florida had played a creampuff schedule until they played KU. Well, maybe Western Kentucky wasn't a creampuff. Not sure what they look like this year. In any case, it doesn't really matter if you're 5th or 4th this time of year. Come March, I hope KU is still up in the top 4 or 5.

Saulbadguy
11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm glad KU won so it would shut DaKCManAP the **** up. Noone gives a shit about Florida on this board. Noone really cares about UF basketball nationwide - the ratings were abysmal for last years championship game for a reason. $EC sucks. (for basketball)

Bearcat
11-27-2006, 01:32 PM
It's really strange Florida got 3 first place votes... eh, they shouldn't even have polls for the first several weeks.

HC_Chief
11-27-2006, 01:33 PM
WSU @ 17! :thumb:

DMAC
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
... eh, they shouldn't even have polls for the first several weeks.It's all for media purposes.

#1 UCLA vs. #2 Pitt will draw in more viewers than UCLA vs Pitt.

Lzen
11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm glad KU won so it would shut DaKCManAP the **** up. Noone gives a shit about Florida on this board. Noone really cares about UF basketball nationwide - the ratings were abysmal for last years championship game for a reason. $EC sucks. (for basketball)

I agree, nobody on this board gives a crap about Florida basketball.

KC-TBB
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
YEAH, YEAH...THEY SUCK! AHHHH HUHHHHHH...

Bearcat
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
It's all for media purposes.

#1 UCLA vs. #2 Pitt will draw in more viewers than UCLA vs Pitt.
Touché... good point considering I'm usually surprised to see the "expert" predictions in the season previews because I don't keep up that much with the college basketball offseason/recruiting and have a short term memory when it comes to who was good in the previous year's tournament.

Saulbadguy
11-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I agree, nobody on this board gives a crap about Florida basketball.
Indeed. Wichita State is much more relevant here than UF.

tk13
It's early in the season, and there's no BCS anyway. I wouldn't get too concerned about rankings. The way this season is going they might be more meaningless than ever.

kepp
Florida hasn't won a game against a good team, KU has.
Florida played Samford, North Florida, Jacksonville, UT-Chatt, PV A&M, and Western Kentucky.

Do you not realize that Oral Roberts was a tourney team last year?

And Florida had played a creampuff schedule until they played KU. Well, maybe Western Kentucky wasn't a creampuff. Not sure what they look like this year. In any case, it doesn't really matter if you're 5th or 4th this time of year. Come March, I hope KU is still up in the top 4 or 5.
Nope...didn't realize either of these. In that case, KU should have probably jumped Florida. They're still riding last year's wave maybe?

sedated
11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
meh.

good to see they moved up, just hope this doesn't get into the kids' heads,

they seem to lack motivation when they taste a little success

sedated
11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
BTW, is there a more over-rated player in basketball than Brandon Rush?

this team just doesn't need him, he needs to play for someone with absolutley no talent so he can be the go-to guy on every play. KU has too much talent for such a one-dimensional scorer.

Lzen
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Indeed. Wichita State is much more relevant here than UF.

To him, Florida is relevant because he attends that school. But most on Chiefs Planet could care less about the Gators. I think he wants to see them win it all again so that he can say "see, I told ya so. That's my team." But I'm betting that is going to backfire on him. Heh, it already did somewhat after Saturday night in his Journey thread. :)

Lzen
11-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Nope...didn't realize either of these. In that case, KU should have probably jumped Florida. They're still riding last year's wave maybe?

They're still riding last year's wave and they destroyed every opponent leading up to the KU game. Of course, a powerhouse should destroy cream puffs.

Saulbadguy
11-27-2006, 02:02 PM
To him, Florida is relevant because he attends that school. But most on Chiefs Planet could care less about the Gators. I think he wants to see them win it all again so that he can say "see, I told ya so. That's my team." But I'm betting that is going to backfire on him. Heh, it already did somewhat after Saturday night in his Journey thread. :)
It was too bad because he was able to cop out of it so easily. I hope UK pisspounds them this year.

CoMoChief
11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Thats quite a big jump but it doesnt surprise me. It puzzles me why Florida is still ranked above KU.

Butler and Wichita St are big early surprises. Theyre both playing good bball. Shockers should win out their conference. MO St is creeping up as well.

UCLA is good but cmon PITT?!?! Very overrated IMO.

CoMoChief
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM

this team just doesn't need him, he needs to play for someone with absolutley no talent so he can be the go-to guy on every play. KU has too much talent for such a one-dimensional scorer.

:BS:

Mr. Laz
11-27-2006, 02:42 PM

Rush definitely needs to work on his drive

so much potiential and hasn't even done more then scratched the surface.

noa
11-27-2006, 02:46 PM

I don't understand it either. From everything I've read, Bill Self constantly tells him to be more aggressive, and he must be hearing the same thing from other people. There's something holding him back. Being more aggressive and scoring more can only help this team, even if it reduces the stats of some of the other players.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 02:47 PM

You're so pathetic ROFL I forget, how many SEC teams made the Final Four last year? Two? And who won? An SEC team? Oh yeah, the SEC sucks big time. :LOL:

My thread chronicling the journey to a repeat National Championship will continue strong.

Now, for this thread...

Although Kansas was clearly the better team Nov. 25th in Vegas, I still think Florida is a better team now (that could change come March). The only thing I could think of why the voters still have Florida ahead of KU is because it was essentially an away game for UF. The crowd was HEAVILY pro-KU, and at this point in the season if #1 lost AT #12, I don't see #12 jumping them.

Not like any of this really matters at this point. Everything will get sorted out come conference play.

DJJasonp
11-27-2006, 02:50 PM

I was at the games Fri/Sat....and a lot of KU fans were riding him pretty hard....

He did disappear in stretches, but he passes up a ton of open looks...he's probably too unselfish....the looks are there, he just keeps passing.

If he could add driving to the bucket to his game (like Langford)...he'd be the most dangerous guy on the court....

DJJasonp
11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
You're so pathetic ROFL I forget, how many SEC teams made the Final Four last year? Two? And who won? An SEC team? Oh yeah, the SEC sucks big time. :LOL:

My thread chronicling the journey to a repeat National Championship will continue strong.

Now, for this thread...

Although Kansas was clearly the better team Nov. 25th in Vegas, I still think Florida is a better team now (that could change come March). The only thing I could think of why the voters still have Florida ahead of KU is because it was essentially an away game for UF. The crowd was HEAVILY pro-KU, and at this point in the season if #1 lost AT #12, I don't see #12 jumping them.

Not like any of this really matters at this point. Everything will get sorted out come conference play.

Much of this may be true....but even though it might have been considered a pro-ku crowd....the referees were definitely pro-Florida!

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM

I want them to win it all again for the same reasons I want the Chiefs to win the Superbowl, the Gators to win a NC (in football) or any other team I follow to win it all. Saying "I told ya so" is the least of my concerns.

I want to be able to run out on University Avenue and party with 20,000 of my closest friends again this April (unless I can attend the FF). That was one hell of a time, and reason enough.

Eleazar
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM

It runs in the family.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Much of this may be true....but even though it might have been considered a pro-ku crowd....the referees were definitely pro-Florida!

I watched the game with my dad & uncle (both KU alum) and we all agreed it was one of the best officiated games we've seen in a while. I don't think it was one-sided at all as both teams had guys in foul trouble.

I'm not saying Kansas shouldn't be ranked ahead of Florida (although I think Florida is the better team), I was just saying that may be a reason the voters voted that way.

Mr. Laz
11-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I was at the games Fri/Sat....and a lot of KU fans were riding him pretty hard....
what were they saying?

it's not like he's playing bad ..... it's just that he could do so much more if he was more aggressive.

Self needs to make him start driving with the ball.

setup practice with 1 on 4 ... 4 guys have to stay in zone.

Rush gets the ball and can't shoot anything outside the paint. Make him do crazy ass drives until he gets good at it.

DJJasonp
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
what were they saying?

it's not like he's playing bad ..... it's just that he could do so much more if he was more aggressive.

Self needs to make him start driving with the ball.

setup practice with 1 on 4 ... 4 guys have to stay in zone.

Rush gets the ball and can't shoot anything outside the paint. Make him do crazy ass drives until he gets good at it.

Obviously, Saturday night was all positive (cause we looked good)...but Friday evening....everyone was ripping the hi/lo offense, Rush, Kaun, you name it....I was actually surprised at how pissed people (KU fans) were getting...considering we were winning by double-digits....yeah, it was an ugly win, but I think you're going to get that from time to time...especially when the other team throws a zone at us (which will happen more and more often as the season progresses)

I think they were sleep walking through the first five games, waiting for Florida....

Phobia
11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
There must be some mistake. There's only 2 Big Ten teams in the top 25.

sedated
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Saturday night was all positive (cause we looked good

I can't even say we looked great against Florida.

we did everything we could to give away that game - up 4 with, like, 16 seconds left, to OT?

the only thing that won the game was Shady's free throws.

let's not forget that Florida had a chance to tie or win, and got a damn good look, at the end of OT.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
The only thing I could think of why the voters still have Florida ahead of KU is because it was essentially an away game for UF. The crowd was HEAVILY pro-KU, and at this point in the season if #1 lost AT #12, I don't see #12 jumping them.

This argument kills me. It was a neutral site. KU fans are just more loyal and travel better than just about any school in the country. If you want it to be more even...buy a ticket. It's not like KU fans were offered more tickets than Florida fans. Apparently anytime KU plays at a neutral venue we should consider it a home game because we travel so well as fans. That argument is pure horseshyte. KU was the better team all night long, and Florida couldn't take the victory when KU tried to hand it to them at the end.

And yes, the refs did try to give this game to Florida. The most amazing no-call of the night was when Horford blocked a shot then took 4 full strides before passing the ball off. I was honestly waiting for him to bust out a stiff arm or a Barry Sanders spin move. KU was also called for much more contact under the basket than Florida's bigs were.

HolmeZz
11-27-2006, 03:56 PM
The reason Florida is still ahead of Kansas is that it was a competitive game that was decided at the end. Most voters probably felt Kansas losing at home to ORU meant more in separating the 2 than the difference in their head to head matchup.

Polls at this point are meaningless though. If their resumes are close later in the year, Kansas will have the edge then.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
This argument kills me. It was a neutral site. KU fans are just more loyal and travel better than just about any school in the country. If you want it to be more even...buy a ticket. It's not like KU fans were offered more tickets than Florida fans. Apparently anytime KU plays at a neutral venue we should consider it a home game because we travel so well as fans. That argument is pure horseshyte. KU was the better team all night long, and Florida couldn't take the victory when KU tried to hand it to them at the end.

It's not an argument I'm trying to make. I was just saying it's the only thing I can think of as to why the voters decided what they did.

Also, LV is a little (1000 miles) closer to KS than Florida. If the game was played in, say, Atlanta I guarantee you Florida fans would have outnumbered KU fans. Not that any of this really matters.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Polls at this point are meaningless though.

Completely agree.

the Talking Can
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM

you've set a world record for dumb

Saulbadguy
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
It's not an argument I'm trying to make. I was just saying it's the only thing I can think of as to why the voters decided what they did.

Also, LV is a little (1000 miles) closer to KS than Florida. If the game was played in, say, Atlanta I guarantee you Florida fans would have outnumbered KU fans. Not that any of this really matters.
Doubtful. It would be even. KU fans are manical about traveling. UF, basketball is still second fiddle to football. Couple that with the fact that UF vs FSU was the same day, I bet KU fans would outnumber the UF fans 2 to 1.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Doubtful. It would be even. KU fans are manical about traveling. UF, basketball is still second fiddle to football. Couple that with the fact that UF vs FSU was the same day, I bet KU fans would outnumber the UF fans 2 to 1.

You're right. If the UF/FSU game was the same day, KU fans would outnumber UF fans at the bball game.

However, if it was played on a day when there was not a UF football game, then I still think UF fans outnumber KU fans (not by 2-1 or anything) if it's within a reasonable distance.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
You're right. If the UF/FSU game was the same day, KU fans would outnumber UF fans at the bball game.

However, if it was played on a day when there was not a UF football game, then I still think UF fans outnumber KU fans (not by 2-1 or anything) if it's within a reasonable distance.

I hear you...it's just unfortunate how many UF fans have used the "home game for KU" thing as an excuse (not that you are). KU executed better the entire night and deserved the win, regardless of the crowd involvement. I also hate the UF fans who claim that Florida just played awful, yet KU played the best game they could possibly play. I've heard tons of Florida fans claim they are still the better team, and they'd beat us "8 times out of 10". Sorry, but you've got to give that respect to KU's defense for limiting florida to very little on offense. KU could have played a much better game as well, and I think the result would most likely be similar if they played again on a neutral court (aka KU home game anywhere but the state of Florida).

teedubya
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
So is Butler gonna be KU's killer B this year?

Lzen
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
ImuMamalukabubuday,
You should have seen some comments by non-KU fans the night of the game. Things like "if Fla. plays up to their usual level, they will steamroll KU". WTF? As if KU has no talent. Idiots.

Lzen
11-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Shuddup, you.

teedubya
11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I hear you...it's just unfortunate how many UF fans have used the "home game for KU" thing as an excuse (not that you are). KU executed better the entire night and deserved the win, regardless of the crowd involvement. I also hate the UF fans who claim that Florida just played awful, yet KU played the best game they could possibly play. I've heard tons of Florida fans claim they are still the better team, and they'd beat us "8 times out of 10". Sorry, but you've got to give that respect to KU's defense for limiting florida to very little on offense. KU could have played a much better game as well, and I think the result would most likely be similar if they played again on a neutral court (aka KU home game anywhere but the state of Florida).

Dude, how do you remember your username to log in? heh.

Oh, and KCDAPmanAP or whatever the ****... Saul said STFU! He doesnt want to hear from you anymore. Understand?

HolmeZz
11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
ImuMamalukabubuday,
You should have seen some comments by non-KU fans the night of the game. Things like "if Fla. plays up to their usual level, they will steamroll KU". WTF? As if KU has no talent. Idiots.

Stop being a stooge.

Lzen
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Stop being a stooge.

How about that steamroll job? :rolleyes:

HolmeZz
11-27-2006, 04:33 PM
How about that steamroll job? :rolleyes:

How about losing to Oral Roberts on your home floor?

Lzen
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Stop being a stooge.

A stooge? Why, because I called you to the matt for your moronic statements?

HolmeZz
11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
A stooge? Why, because I called you to the matt for your moronic statements?

*mat

And you didn't call me on anything. For whatever reason you got your panties in a bunch as if what I said was some kind of indictment of KU, when in fact, I was speaking of how highly I think of Florida. You won the game. Congratulations. Now act like you expected to.

sedated
11-27-2006, 04:39 PM
you've set a world record for dumb

nice retort, interesting information. you've really opened my eyes.

We don't need a pure scorer like him on a team loaded with scoring talent - Chalmers, Wright, Arthur, Collins, Kaun, etc - there aren't enough shots to go around.

he can't do enough other things to contribute enough to live up to his potential. he has the talent to score 20+ per game, but will only have the opportunity to score between 12-15.

the Talking Can
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
nice retort, interesting information. you've really opened my eyes.

We don't need a pure scorer like him on a team loaded with scoring talent - Chalmers, Wright, Arthur, Collins, Kaun, etc - there aren't enough shots to go around.

he can't do enough other things to contribute enough to live up to his potential. he has the talent to score 20+ per game, but will only have the opportunity to score between 12-15.

you've never watched him play obviously....he is a great defender and a great rebounder....pay attention for christs sake...you make KU fans look bad

CoMoChief
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM

Shit, Butler is playing their asses off.