PDA

View Full Version : Who is YOUR Heisman pick?

South Dakotan
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Who is the finest collegiate football player in the country?

Halfcan
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
as long as they are not from USC I dont care

KurtCobain
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
as long as they are not from USC I dont care

zing!

Bugeater
11-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Reggie Bush

Easy 6
Marcus Allen.

Chief Nute
Next question......

This one is as obvious as what is 1+1..........

Ebolapox
11-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Feh. That's my heisman pick

this is the first time in a LONG time that I really don't give a sh*t who wins the heisman

if you're gonna crown him, then crown his ass already!!

KChiefsQT
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
quinn baby

South Dakotan
11-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Next question......

This one is as obvious as what is 1+1..........

If Darren McFadden played for Temple or Buffalo, the entire country would know about him. I can't say the same thing for Troy Smith. McFadden is the better player and it will show at the next level.

Crush
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
It doesn't matter, Troy Smith is going to win it.

BWillie
11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
John Beck of BYU, the storming 25 year old Mormon. Guy has been goin' nuts lately

boogblaster
11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Woodley or Ross

Demonpenz
11-29-2006, 12:57 AM
jason white

KurtCobain
11-29-2006, 01:22 AM
If the damn irish could've beaten a decent team this year, then it would be all Quinn's. He deserves it IMO.

Mecca
11-29-2006, 03:25 AM
Well Smith will win it......but if they were really giving it to the best player in college football...it would be Calvin Johnson or Darren McFadden.

chagrin
11-29-2006, 06:07 AM
Gotta go with Troy Smith - obviously for his College career, not his future potential.

htismaqe
11-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Well Smith will win it......but if they were really giving it to the best player in college football...it would be Calvin Johnson or Darren McFadden.

You obviously haven't watched much of Smith.

htismaqe
11-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Gotta go with Troy Smith - obviously for his College career, not his future potential.

You evidently haven't either.

chagrin
11-29-2006, 06:47 AM

That's quite a statement. I am probably the only one here other than you it seems, who actually watches Big Ten football - how is he not the front runner?

SCTrojan
11-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Troy Smith - without a doubt.

OldTownChief
11-29-2006, 07:02 AM

Saulbadguy
11-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Shut up, homer.

RNR
11-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Went with Smith from Ohio State, I like McFadden from Arkansas also.

Chief Nute
11-29-2006, 08:14 AM
If Darren McFadden played for Temple or Buffalo, the entire country would know about him. I can't say the same thing for Troy Smith. McFadden is the better player and it will show at the next level.

Obviously either way you view it......it is tough to prove with facts at this point. No one knows who or who wont succeed at the pro level.....it is all dependant on what type of system you get thrown into. I have seen Troy play 30+ games up close, and I can say without a studder that he is the best QB to ever play at Ohio State. Now, that isnt saying much, because Ohio State is known for linebackers and wide receivers/running backs.

Troy probably wont be a great pocket passer in a standard pro set offense......but I really think that he could be a VERY good QB if thrown into a system like Philadelphia or even a New Orleans.

McFadden is tough to gauge too.....he has all the tools, but he plays in a niche offense at Arkansas where he is running a lot of gadget plays designed to get him the ball in the open field........and that just doesnt work in the NFL......but again he has the tool, so maybe he will be great. But the point is......that no one knows.

Starbux37
11-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Troy Smith without a doubt.

Rain Man
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Does Larry Johnson still play for Penn State?

sedated
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Jon Cornish

sedated
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM

Dwayne Jarrett is better than Calvin Johnson

El Jefe
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM
boogblaster "woodley or Ross". Are you kidding Woodley isnt even the best person on Michigans Defense. And Ross isnt as good as Leon Hall, these are terrible Heisman Choices. Go with who will win it which is Troy Smith the only other person worthy is Brady Quinn but he hasnt shown up in the big games, Adrian Peterson I think could have won it too, if he didnt get injured.

CupidStunt
11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
The head of Pac-10 officiating.

chagrin
11-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Okay, honestly - how could Brady Quinn ever be considered a Heisman favorite? Is he "cute" or something? He sure isn't that good, if ya ask me, which ya didn't - but still. It's a joke to even talk about him as a true heisman candidate, seriously. Heisman is about the best player in college football, not just stats but stats are a huge part of it, and also can your team win without you?

Take Brady Quinn and plug in his underling, you probably have the same results with that particular squad.

Saulbadguy
11-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, honestly - how could Brady Quinn ever be considered a Heisman favorite? Is he "cute" or something? He sure isn't that good, if ya ask me, which ya didn't - but still. It's a joke to even talk about him as a true heisman candidate, seriously. Heisman is about the best player in college football, not just stats but stats are a huge part of it, and also can your team win without you?

Take Brady Quinn and plug in his underling, you probably have the same results with that particular squad.
He plays at Notre Dame.

sedated
11-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Heisman is about the best player in college football

since when?

South Dakotan
11-29-2006, 08:54 PM
OldTownChief, Rain Man

Who were your write-in votes?

South Dakotan
12-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Ten minutes until ESPN airs the ceremony!

Coach
12-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Brady Quinn = overrated player/hype.

Troy Smith will win this in a landslide IMHO.

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Vinnie Testaverde.

But then again, Bob Dole has already been informed repeatedly by Hummer Jenkins that he doesn't know shit about the award...

And speaking of... Wouldn't a sophomore who is one if the 3 finalists in 2006 be considered one of the frontrunners in 2007?

Coach
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Vinnie Testaverde.

But then again, Bob Dole has already been informed repeatedly by Hummer Jenkins that he doesn't know shit about the award...

And speaking of... Wouldn't a sophomore who is one if the 3 finalists in 2006 be considered one of the frontrunners in 2007?

IF the sophomore stays healthy for the majority of the season. For example, if Peterson was playing, and he was putting up big numbers, as he is capable of, then the Heisman race would be very close between Smith and Peterson, IMHO.

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 07:07 PM
IF the sophomore stays healthy for the majority of the season. For example, if Peterson was playing, and he was putting up big numbers, as he is capable of, then the Heisman race would be very close between Smith and Peterson, IMHO.

Bob Dole was talking about McFadden.

Coach
12-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Bob Dole was talking about McFadden.

I know Bob Dole was talking about McFadden. I'm just pointing out that last year, AP was a sophmore and I believe he got 2nd or 3rd, behind Bush.

And IIRC, Peterson was the obvious choice to win the Heisman when the 2006 NCAA Football season started, by most experts, before Peterson got injured.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I know Bob Dole was talking about McFadden. I'm just pointing out that last year, AP was a sophmore and I believe he got 2nd or 3rd, behind Bush.

And IIRC, Peterson was the obvious choice to win the Heisman when the 2006 NCAA Football season started, by most experts, before Peterson got injured.

He wasn't even close last year, and McFadden won't be next year. Dole, you don't know shit about the Heisman because your homerism renders you completely impotent to comprehend the politics of how the award is handed out. It's not my fault you can't grasp this rudimentary concept, cracka-ass motherf*cka.

supercoupe91
12-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Adrian Peterson

Ebolapox
12-09-2006, 07:47 PM
He wasn't even close last year, and McFadden won't be next year. Dole, you don't know shit about the Heisman because your homerism renders you completely impotent to comprehend the politics of how the award is handed out. It's not my fault you can't grasp this rudimentary concept, cracka-ass motherf*cka.

:spock:

if avian influenza's memory serves him correctely, bob dole never claimed to be an arkansas fan--he just LIVES in arkansas

is hummus paying attention?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2006, 07:51 PM

if avian influenza's memory serves him correctely, bob dole never claimed to be an arkansas fan--he just LIVES in arkansas

Homerism is a broad concept that can cloud the judgment rendered on specific players, not just teams....see Hootie and Manning, P.

Mecca
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Dwayne Jarrett is better than Calvin Johnson

Even as a USC fan I don't agree with that.....Johnson is much bigger as in he's much more musclar and heavier....while being faster than Jarrett.

If Calvin Johnson had a QB worth a damn he'd win the award but Reggie Ball is god awful.

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM

You're one funny mother****er.

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 08:00 PM

Bob Dole doesn't live in Arkansas.

However, Bob Dole drinks in Arkansas because it's only 3 blocks away and you can smoke there...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2006, 08:03 PM

However, Bob Dole drinks in Arkansas because it's only 3 blocks away and you can smoke there...

How does Bob Dole feel about living in the hometown of H. Ross Perot

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 08:05 PM
How does Bob Dole feel about living in the hometown of H. Ross Perot

Feels just fine. Bob Dole has taken a piss next to Ross and he farts just like the rest of us.

And btw, in case you were thumping your chest too much to actually watch the broadcast, the sophomore from the "second tier SEC team" came in 2nd ahead of the golden boy from Notre God.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Feels just fine. Bob Dole has taken a piss next to Ross and he farts just like the rest of us.

And btw, in case you were thumping your chest too much to actually watch the broadcast, the sophomore from the "second tier SEC team" came in 2nd ahead of the golden boy from Notre God.

Well, he was from the South. The good ol' boy network did him well.

Bob Dole
12-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Well, he was from the South. The good ol' boy network did him well.

And winning the Doak Walker award didn't hurt either.

Ebolapox
12-09-2006, 08:13 PM

eh, that's right--border towns!

John_Locke
12-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Darren McFadden

Thig Lyfe
12-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Darren Sproles!