PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me father...

JonesCrusher
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
I went to the Philly at Indy game on Sunday night with a friend of mine from high school who has season tix. This was my first visit to an NFL stadium other than at Arrowhead. The stadium was not nearly as nice as KC's but the fans were similar (all in blue and cheering loud for D) but comparing the stadiums is not the point here.

I hate the Colts, but when my friend offered me the ticket I decided that I would make the best of the experince and become a Colt fan for 3 hours, I could have never done this if opponent was the Chiefs but Philly, no problem. I had a blast I even bought a Colts shirt to fit in. I yelled for the D, I even cheered that piece of s**t Peyton Manning.

Has anyone else gone to other stadiums and how did you treat the home team?

dirk digler
11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Traitor

DaFace
11-29-2006, 02:57 PM
I'd go to a non-Chiefs game, but I certainly wouldn't buy another team's gear. :shake:

Frazod
11-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I've been to numerous Bears games at Soldier Field and one Packers game at Lambeau. I always wear my Chiefs stuff whether the Chiefs are playing or not.

Reaper16
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I've been to numerous Bears games at Soldier Field and one Packers game at Lambeau. I always wear my Chiefs stuff whether the Chiefs are playing or not.
This man is a ****ing hero.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
That's pretty shitty. If you root for the Colts, why not the Broncos?

Donger
11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I just watched Cutler's first press conference.

That boy needs some help.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/10423475/index.html

JonesCrusher
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
That's pretty shitty. If you root for the Colts, why not the Broncos?

I know, i feel so dirty, I showered with lava 3 times and i can still smell the manure

Hammock Parties
11-29-2006, 03:04 PM

He sounds dumb, doesn't he?

Saulbadguy
I've never done it, but if I were going to a game that I could care less about the outcome, I wouldn't wear Chiefs gear, that seems kinda dumb to me.

Donger
He sounds dumb, doesn't he?

No, I wouldn't say that. Probably more a combination of nerves and relative youth.

leviw
11-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Is it just me, or is that completely random to this topic?

Donger
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Is it just me, or is that completely random to this topic?

No.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
No, I wouldn't say that. Probably more a combination of nerves and relative youth.

He sounds and looks like he just got done smoking a bowl.

Donger
11-29-2006, 03:18 PM
He sounds and looks like he just got done smoking a bowl.

And "stuff." Lots and lots of "stuff."

Calcountry
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Is the kid old enough to drive?

Bearcat
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM

You're that guy ROFL

tk13
11-29-2006, 03:25 PM
If there's not a killer ice storm, I'll probably be at the Ravens/Bengals game Thursday night. I'm looking forward to it, the jungle should be rocking. I'm not really going to root for either team though, just gonna enjoy the atmosphere, two division rivals battling for playoff spots, should be a fun game.

Chief Chief
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
"...10 minutes til Judge Wapner..."

chagrin
11-29-2006, 03:30 PM
No.

I think for his first press ocnference, he did a good enough job; is he supposed to run his hole like horsey face sharpe, or cocky like jake the fake?
A little boring though

BigRedChief
11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
I could never do that. But thats just me.

Donger
11-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I think for his first press ocnference, he did a good enough job; is he supposed to run his hole like horsey face sharpe, or cocky like jake the fake?
A little boring though

Don't get me wrong; he did okay. But for Broncos' fans, this guy is supposed to be the second-coming. Sorry, but I'd expect my savior not to cause me to fall asleep, and stuff.

HemiEd
11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't get me wrong; he did okay. But for Broncos' fans, this guy is supposed to be the second-coming. Sorry, but I'd expect my savior not to cause me to fall asleep, and stuff.

I could only stomach 2 out of the 6 minutes. He must be alergic to that stocking cap.

dirk digler
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
If there's not a killer ice storm, I'll probably be at the Ravens/Bengals game Thursday night. I'm looking forward to it, the jungle should be rocking. I'm not really going to root for either team though, just gonna enjoy the atmosphere, two division rivals battling for playoff spots, should be a fun game.

Make sure you wear some Chiefs gear and a sign that says Geathers is cheap dirty ass player. :D

tk13
11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Make sure you wear some Chiefs gear and a sign that says Geathers is cheap dirty ass player. :D
If I develop a death wish between now and then, I'll get right on it.

ILChief
11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
i've been to multiple Rams and Titans games.

Frazod
11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
You're that guy ROFL
Yep. :D

I was at a Bears/Packers game one year with three friends, two of whom were Green Bay fans and one of whom was a Chicago fan. When the Bears did something good I'd yell "BEARS!" and when the Packers did something good I'd yell "PACKERS!"

At one point, some guy behind us said "Hey, Kansas City boy, pick a side." The Chiefs had already played (and beaten) both the Bears and the Packers earlier in the season, so I said "I pick the Chiefs - we kicked both your asses."

A great time was had by all. :D

ExtremeChief
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I was at Qualcomm stadium a few years ago for a Chargers/Raiders game. I had a 50 dollar bill, went to buy beer and they said they couldn't break it and sent me to the sports shop. So I bought a Chiefs hat, went back and got a beer, and enjoyed the game.

Braincase
11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I once rooted for Salina South at a state championship game.

boogblaster
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I root for WSU...

Bearcat
11-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Yep. :D

I was at a Bears/Packers game one year with three friends, two of whom were Green Bay fans and one of whom was a Chicago fan. When the Bears did something good I'd yell "BEARS!" and when the Packers did something good I'd yell "PACKERS!"

At one point, some guy behind us said "Hey, Kansas City boy, pick a side." The Chiefs had already played (and beaten) both the Bears and the Packers earlier in the season, so I said "I pick the Chiefs - we kicked both your asses."

A great time was had by all. :D

I guess you wouldn't really stick out, like the people I see at Arrowhead... there's just something wrong with showing up to the Sea of Red in a purple KSU sweatshirt.

Then again, when I went to my first NHL game in Minnesota with the Wild and San Jose Sharks playing, there were two people in Chad Johnson jerseys in the front row... so I guess it's good you have the right sport.

Halfcan
11-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I wouldnt cheer for the colts even if I was being tortured.

CHENZ A!
11-30-2006, 12:54 AM
You're that guy ROFL

**** yeah, I guess I'd be "that guy" too, because if I ever went to a pro football, or baseball game that didn't involve the Chiefs or the Royals, I'd still rock my KC shit.

greg63
11-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I went to the Philly at Indy game on Sunday night with a friend of mine from high school who has season tix. This was my first visit to an NFL stadium other than at Arrowhead. The stadium was not nearly as nice as KC's but the fans were similar (all in blue and cheering loud for D) but comparing the stadiums is not the point here.

I hate the Colts, but when my friend offered me the ticket I decided that I would make the best of the experince and become a Colt fan for 3 hours, I could have never done this if opponent was the Chiefs but Philly, no problem. I had a blast I even bought a Colts shirt to fit in. I yelled for the D, I even cheered that piece of s**t Peyton Manning.

Has anyone else gone to other stadiums and how did you treat the home team?

You have committed the unpardonable football sin.