PDA

View Full Version : Are you buying playoff tickets?

Otis99
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
I knew this was coming. Just got a mailer asking for money for playoff tickets. I think we have a pretty good chance to make the playoffs, but having a home game seems like a pretty remote shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see two possibilities here.

1. We pretty much have to win out and go 12-4 to have a shot at winning the division. We would definitely have to win at SD and they would need to lose another game - perhaps vs. Denver on December 10. Not sure who would own the tie breaker stats if that happened. Of course it also means we have to beat Baltimore. If we can beat SD and Baltimore though, I'd say things are looking pretty good for us in the postseason.

2. Unless I am mistaken, the only way for a non division winner to host a playoff game is if you are the #5 seed. If Both the #5 and #6 seeds win the Wild Card and Divisional rounds (has that ever happened?) the #5 seed would host the championship game.

Possibility #1 seems a lot more realistic than #2. I guess the question of "to buy or not to buy" hinges on how likely you think we are to win the division.

Anyone here buying the tickets?

BigRedChief
11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Unless we leapfrog SD and take the division we will not have a home game this year.

I'll not give King Carl my money to hold onto for 8 months before I use next years tickets.

Kylo Ren
11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Probably not.

StcChief
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
unlikely

Hootie
11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
eh, if we get the #5 seed and Denver gets the #6 seed...there COULD be a potential Chiefs/Denver rematch @ Arrowhead for the Super Bowl...

Now wouldn't that be awesome?!

Kylo Ren
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM
........ but I might buy two more seats for next season. Then, I'll have two seats in the lower level and two in the upper level. Honestly, I don't mind the upper deck seats at all. It's a good view.

Hootie
11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I sat in section 315 on the rail and they were the best seats I've ever had...and my dad had season tickets in the lower level for 8 years.

Sandyskc
11-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm going to go ahead and buy them. Then if we don't have a home playoff game, I don't have to make the first installment payment next year. It isn't like the money is wasted.

Otis99
11-30-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm going to go ahead and buy them. Then if we don't have a home playoff game, I don't have to make the first installment payment next year. It isn't like the money is wasted.

I agree - call me a dreamer, but I know I would be kicking myself if we had a home playoff game and I missed it. At least I have until the 8th to pay for them, so I can see what happens on Sunday before a "final decision".

Bugeater
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Unless we leapfrog SD and take the division we will not have a home game this year.

I'll not give King Carl my money to hold onto for 8 months before I use next years tickets.
Whoa, are you saying that if you buy playoff tickets and there's no home playoff games they just apply the money to next year's tickets?

Sandyskc
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
You can get a refund or have it applied to next year's season tickets.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
The only playoff ticket I will buy will be to the AFC Championship at Arrowhead. And it will be off Ebay.

Halfcan
11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Playoff tickets-lol thats a good one-that scam never gets old.

rad
11-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Playoffs?......PLAYOFFS!?!?!?!?!

teedubya
11-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Nah, I still have a beer vending badge around here somewhere.

CHENZ A!
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
If you plan to renew your tickets, you might as well.

Kerberos
12-01-2006, 06:03 AM
I think I'll keep my $238 in my pocket. I'm not giving one F***ing dime to king carl to hold til next year.

If I don't get to go to a playoff game at Arrowhead I will be dissapointed but I have a much better seat at home watching the game on the 57" WideScreen in HD and 7.1 Surround!

Nuff Said.

BigRedChief
12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
You can get a refund or have it applied to next year's season tickets.
Yes, but you get your refund 6-8 weeks later. Then the first payment is due in another month. So if you want to hassle with writing King Carl and asking for your money back. Waiting 6-8 weeks and then in another month get another check in the mail go for it.

If a playoff game happens I'll just go to the secondary market. Bet there will be lots of tickets.

Dartgod
12-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Not likely. If, byu some miracle, we do have a home playoff game, I'll find tickets somehow.

PinkFloyd
12-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes --- I ordered mine today...

The Royals said they would mail them out the last of September !!!!!

:LOL: