PDA

View Full Version : Tony Effing Graffanino (sp.)

Buck
11-29-2006, 10:10 PM
So the Padres go out and trade Josh Barfield for Kevin Kouzmanoff. I think to myself okay, I guy that has a chance at being something big for a guy who had a great rookie year. Then they promise us they are going to bring in a Big Name second baseman.

At first I'm thinking alright they are talking about Soriano. Then he signs with the Cubs.

Then they say the most likely thing thats gonna happen is either signing Mark Loretta or trading for Marcus Giles. This sounds great.

Yesterday there was a report that we offered Craig Counsell a 2 year deal. He's no Loretta or Giles, but if forced to take him I wouldn't mind.

Today a report came out saying that we are most likely going to get Graffanino.

I'm Pissed.

If this guy is our starting second baseman I am definitely going to stop rooting for the Padres...unless....does Graffanino have any kind of upside, i.e. will he somehow make the Padres better? I just figured I'd ask you guys since you know more about him than any other Padres fans.

ChiefsFire
11-29-2006, 10:19 PM
hes a good influence in the clubhouse...hell i dunno

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
The Royals have traded him twice for prospects.

pr_capone
11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I liked Graffy when he was with the Braves. Great guy off the bench and a leader in the locker room.

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2006, 11:07 PM
If this guy is our starting second baseman I am definitely going to stop rooting for the Padres...unless....does Graffanino have any kind of upside, i.e. will he somehow make the Padres better?

Damn, way to blatantly demonstrate just how fairweather and jump-ship San Diego fans really are.

CoMoChief
11-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Damn, way to blatantly demonstrate just how fairweather and jump-ship San Diego fans really are.

Tell that to the 8,000 people that show up at Royals games.

L.A. Chieffan
11-29-2006, 11:27 PM
padre fans are worse than charger fans. i used to go to road games at jack murphy when the padres consistenly sucked and I swear there was ALWAYS more dodger fans there than whiney ass chump pad fans.
HAHA you actually thought the pads were going to get soriano!? LOL Have fun with graffinino dude.

noa
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Do they have any prospects in the minors for 2B? Graffanino could be serviceable until they can bring someone up. If not, they can at least use him for trade bait to get some prospects.

Imon Yourside
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
If the Royals don't go out and get Pujols i will NEVER root for them again,

signed,
Typical Fair Weather Fan.

wutamess
11-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I really don't think anyone really gives a shit about the Padres and who they pickup... Better yet... No one gives a flying **** about the Padres.

Just keepin it real.
Am I wrong here?

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Tell that to the 8,000 people that show up at Royals games.

That's a lot considering they've had one winning season since 1993.

There's a whole generation of Kansas Citians who know nothing but failure.

DJ's left nut
11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Wind down numbnuts, they're going to trade for Marcus Giles.

As for Graffanino, he's a solid player. If he's your #7 hitter, you have a shot at a playoff run.

Please try learning something about the team your purport to follow before flying off the handle...especially in a forum that is especially unlikely to give a large rat's ass.

BWillie
Why people hate Tony Graffanino is beyond me. Wherever he goes he fills in quite nicely. He's been a solid utility player for the last five or six years. Take last year for example, the guy batted .280 for the Brewers and the year before that batted over .300 for the season. I don't understand why he's shit on so much. We should of kept him, made him learn how to play short and booted that POS Berroa

Demonpenz
i thought you ment the royals were getting graffy again. I was like yeah 3 tours of duty with us, he must love the barbeque and women!

CHENZ A!
11-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Graffaninanfaninonaonno is a OK UTILITY player(period).

CHENZ A!
11-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Why people hate Tony Graffanino is beyond me. Wherever he goes he fills in quite nicely. He's been a solid utility player for the last five or six years. Take last year for example, the guy batted .280 for the Brewers and the year before that batted over .300 for the season. I don't understand why he's shit on so much. We should of kept him, made him learn how to play short and booted that POS Berroa

make a 40 yr old learn to play SS? LMAO, even "Franchise" has more upside.

DomerNKC
11-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I really don't think anyone really gives a shit about the Padres and who they pickup... Better yet... No one gives a flying **** about the Padres.

Just keepin it real.
Am I wrong here?puck the fadres and san diego too.

chiefsfan987
11-30-2006, 03:13 AM

1994 was a winning season as well (64-51). I'm sure you're discounting it because it wasn't a full season, but it was still a winning season. You could edit it and say they've only had one winning season after 1994 though :) Its still abysmal but at least then its accurate. That Royals team was on fire at the end of the season and had a pretty decent shot at making the playoffs as a wild card.

KCSupersized
11-30-2006, 04:13 AM

They had a winning record in 2003.

83-79

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/history/year_by_year_results.jsp

Buck
11-30-2006, 02:16 PM
God Damnit Im not a ****in fairweather fan get off my ****ing ass. I dont give a shit if you dont give a shit about the Padres, I was ****in asking about Graffanino.

All you ****in guys do is call people bandwaggoners. Ive been a Padres and Chargers fan since I was born and the teams keep promising us shit that isn't happening. Saying your gonna get a big name second baseman and then getting Graffanino is bull shit. Get off my ****in ass already.

Calcountry
11-30-2006, 02:20 PM

Just keepin it real.
Am I wrong here?No.

LMAO

Calcountry
11-30-2006, 02:23 PM
God Damnit Im not a ****in fairweather fan get off my ****ing ass. I dont give a shit if you dont give a shit about the Padres, I was ****in asking about Graffanino.

All you ****in guys do is call people bandwaggoners. Ive been a Padres and Chargers fan since I was born and the teams keep promising us shit that isn't happening. Saying your gonna get a big name second baseman and then getting Graffanino is bull shit. Get off my ****in ass already.58 posts, and in here talking about a team that hardly anyone here gives a chit about, then calling everyone out, is rather pretentious don't you think?

Buck
11-30-2006, 02:25 PM
58 posts, and in here talking about a team that hardly anyone here gives a chit about, then calling everyone out, is rather pretentious don't you think?

It might be, this is your guys board, but come on. All you guys do is call people BandWagonners. Am I wrong?

SPchief
11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
It might be, this is your guys board, but come on. All you guys do is call people BandWagonners. Am I wrong?

Well if the shoe fits or something like that.

siberian khatru
11-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Relax, maybe you'll be trading Linebrink for Manny Ramirez soon.

sedated
11-30-2006, 02:40 PM
If this guy is our starting second baseman I am definitely going to stop rooting for the Padres

All you ****in guys do is call people bandwaggoners.

:stupid:

Buck
11-30-2006, 02:48 PM
:stupid:

You are not that smart are you? I know you know nothing about the Padres, but would you explain how its fair that they trade away a young stud second baseman like Josh Barfield, tell us they are going to get someone big, and then sign Graffanino?

bsp4444
11-30-2006, 02:52 PM
But will he ever be a part of the double play cast with the most letters in their last name? Grudzielanek , Mientkaviczs, Graffanino... (sp?)

noa
11-30-2006, 02:53 PM
You are not that smart are you? I know you know nothing about the Padres, but would you explain how its fair that they trade away a young stud second baseman like Josh Barfield, tell us they are going to get someone big, and then sign Graffanino?

Dude, beings a sports fan means from time to time you will be let down by your team's front office decisions. You won't find much sympathy here because however bad the Padres decisions are, they can't top the Royals' blunders. A year after Tony Pena wins manager of the year and the Royals seem like they are turning things around, our big free agent signings were Benito Santiago and Juan Gonzalez. Not every front office can go out and pick up a great young player when you need one. Graffanino will probably be used as trade bait, so you'll just have to be patient. Graffanino clearly isn't the big signing they promised, but I'm sure they wouldn't have gone with him unless they felt they didn't have any better options.

Buck
11-30-2006, 02:59 PM
It just sucks, every year they do something like this, In 04 we were in first at the Trade Deadline and did nothing and didnt make the playoffs, last year at the deadline they were saying they were gonna get someone big too and we ended up with Todd Walker. It just seems like every year they do something like this, and I'm starting to get tired of it.