PDA

View Full Version : T.O. at it again..

11-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Just for you Senator Dole

IRVING, Texas (AP) Terrell Owens isn't just sorry to see his pal Mike Vanderjagt go. He thinks the Dallas Cowboys made a mistake by releasing the wayward kicker.

"I don't see what he did wrong to warrant him being cut," Owens said Wednesday. "I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. Whoever made that decision, I'm pretty sure they're hoping the same thing."

Vanderjagt was released Monday, only 11 games into a three-year, $5.4 million contract.

He was 13-of-18 on field goals, a 72.2 percent success rate that was the lowest of his nine-year career. However, he's still the most accurate kicker in league history (86.5 percent) and only one of his misses was completely botched; three hit the right upright and another was blocked.

The final straw was missing two kicks against his former team, Indianapolis, then barely making a 22-yarder against Tampa Bay. Coach Bill Parcells had lost confidence in Vanderjagt heading into the last month with the Cowboys (7-4) holding first place in the NFC East. Martin Gramatica was signed to take his place, despite his own struggles the last few years.

In their brief time as teammates, T.O. and the "idiot kicker," as Peyton Manning once called Vanderjagt, really hit it off. Owens said he's spoken with Vanderjagt since he was cut.

"Going into the Colts game, the guy was 12-of-15. That's still a high kicking percentage," Owens said. "He didn't lose any games for us. If I had to put myself in the mix, I feel like I lost some games and I'm still here, so it's just unfortunate."

Owens dropped a sure touchdown pass that would've broken open a game at Washington. Instead, Vanderjagt had a chance to win it with a last-second field goal, but a missed assignment by a linemen led to the kick being blocked and the Redskins wound up kicking the winning field goal. It was the only game Dallas lost when Vanderjagt missed a kick.

FAX
11-30-2006, 07:43 AM
The white man holding down the Canadian.

You go, TO.

FAX

Rain Man
11-30-2006, 10:37 AM
I must admit, I don't understand replacing Vanderjagt with Gramatica. Gramatica was good at one point, but didn't he miss his last 82 kicks in the league, or thereabouts?

siberian khatru
11-30-2006, 10:38 AM
T.O. : "Us jerks have to stick together."

kcxiv
11-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I dont think that was a good move either. TIs funny to me, but i would have stayed with him at least through the year.

Frazod
11-30-2006, 10:48 AM
This is probably one of the least annoying things he's done. Sounds like he's just going to bat for a friend who got (unfairly?) whacked. He obviously shouldn't have done it publicly, but by TO standards this is pretty mild.

And he does make some valid points.

Otter
11-30-2006, 10:50 AM
T.O. at it again..

So a kicker with a $5.4 million dollar contract getting cut is over shadowed by TO saying he disagreed?

Sit! Roll over! Beg!

Predarat
11-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Replacing VanderDrunk with Grammatica is like replacing Matt Hasselback with Kerry Collins.

L.A. Chieffan
11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, it's because Vanderjagt can't take orders from a white man. It's not his fault.

Thig Lyfe
11-30-2006, 11:04 AM
T.O. : "Us jerks have to stick together."

Hahahaha!!!

Not surprising that TO and Vanderjagt are friends.

Well, TO, if you stopped dropping touchdown passes you wouldn't have to worry about your field goal kicker!

boogblaster
11-30-2006, 11:05 AM
5+ million is alot of money.. there must have been something else too.....

Valiant
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Hahahaha!!!

Not surprising that TO and Vanderjagt are friends.

Well, TO, if you stopped dropping touchdown passes you wouldn't have to worry about your field goal kicker!

Actually TO said he is the one that lost that game because of his dropped pass... TO in the article said if you are cutting guys for performance then he should have been cut also..

This is just Parcells cutting a highprice K to tell the team to shape up.. No way Parcells would have did it to his allstars on offense or defense...

Valiant
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
5+ million is alot of money.. there must have been something else too.....

I guess he does not do Kickoffs...

CoMoChief
11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Here comes the shit stirrer.......

Vandy > Tynes

Bob Dole
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Bob Dole had trouble sleeping earlier in the week because he was wondering what T.O. thought about the decision.

11-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Bob Dole had trouble sleeping earlier in the week because he was wondering what T.O. thought about the decision.
This thread was just for you LMAO

stevieray
11-30-2006, 05:15 PM
I've never seen a more irrelevant opinion garner so much attention.

I know when I want the scoop on a team, I go straight to EK.