PDA

View Full Version : Browns Actually Match Up Pretty Well With Us

KCJohnny
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
This is NOT what I want to believe, but if the side by side comparison over the last 5 games is any indicator, the Dawgs could give us more fight than we expect.
http://nfl.com/matchups/last5/KC-OVERALL-matchup

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/chief6sm.jpg

Halfcan
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I hope they play their best game of the year. That way when we hang 45 on them- nobody can say it was a gimmie game.

Hootie
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
hmm, let's see...

We suffer against accurate QB's...

Frye, far from accurate.

We will probably control the clock 40/20...

I see the score being something like, 24-10...27-6...something like that.

I know we tend to struggle on the road, but this Browns team is really, really bad.

Halfcan
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Too bad Huard isnt starting over Green-he sucks.

Basileus777
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
How exactly does Cleveland matchup well with us? Cleveland has a weak run defense and good pass D, that matchup goes in our favor. Their offense pretty much sucks from top to bottom. They can't run the ball and their qb is a turnover machine, we win that matchup too.

Hootie
11-30-2006, 11:13 PM
people were comparing Frye to Montana this offseason...

cdcox
11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
You're not reading the chart correctly. It's KC offense against the Cleveland Defense and vice versa. Our defenses are pretty comparable, but our offense is much better than theirs. The only thing that worries me is KC showing up on the road.

Stinger
11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Actually that was a Arby's commercial. They were saying our Frys go just as good with our big montana sandwich.

http://www.phoood.com/weblog/bigmontana.jpg

Halfcan
11-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I think our foot will match up well with their asses when we are kicking them all day.

KCJohnny
11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
How exactly does Cleveland matchup well with us? Cleveland has a weak run defense and good pass D, that matchup goes in our favor. Their offense pretty much sucks from top to bottom. They can't run the ball and their qb is a turnover machine, we win that matchup too.

Check the link in the thread topic, Bubba...

beer bacon
11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
You're not reading the chart correctly. It's KC offense against the Cleveland Defense and vice versa. Our defenses are pretty comparable, but our offense is much better than theirs. The only thing that worries me is KC showing up on the road.

Their defense may have been comparable earlier in the season, but our defense has been a lot better then theirs lately. Just going by this matchup chart, over the last five weeks our offense has scored 30 more points then theirs. Our defense over that same span has given up 31 less points then the Browns' defense.

The two most important differences are our defense's 16.2 ppg given up and 3.4 yards given up per rush to their defense's 22.4 ppg and 4.5 ypc.

SLAG
11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
i tell u what..

Im glad he is not our coach and im glad i dont live in Cleavland

damn this press confrence blows donkey nuts

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/browns/demand/11_29_06Romeo.rm&proto=rtsp

Hammock Parties
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
They don't matchup well against us at all. Are you kidding me? Their greatest weakness is our greatest strength. They have a pitiful offense.

Demonpenz
11-30-2006, 11:36 PM
i tell you what the browns scare me we aren't very good against good Tight ends.

cdcox
11-30-2006, 11:36 PM
They don't matchup well against us at all. Are you kidding me? Their greatest weakness is our greatest strength. They have a pitiful offense.

And a bad run defense.

beer bacon
11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Check the link in the thread topic, Bubba...

He did. He is saying you must be reading it wrong, because both matchups favor us. Here are some comparisons:

Our offense:

22.6 ppg
4.8 yards per carry

The Browns' defense:

22.6 ppg given up
4.5 ypc against

--------------------------------------

Our defense:

16.2 ppg given up
3.4 ypc against

The Browns' offense:

16.4 ppg
3.5 ypc

KCJohnny
11-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Their defense may have been comparable earlier in the season, but our defense has been a lot better then theirs lately. Just going by this matchup chart, over the last five weeks our offense has scored 30 more points then theirs. Our defense over that same span has given up 31 less points then the Browns' defense.

The two most important differences are our defense's 16.2 ppg given up and 3.4 yards given up per rush to their defense's 22.4 ppg and 4.5 ypc.

Well that sure makes me feel better. I must be reading the chart wrong. It says in the last 5 KC has scored 112 and Cleveland has given up 112. It says passing we've had 4 TDs, 1 INT, while their D has given up 6 TDs but taken away 8 INTs. That hardly looks like a walk for the Chiefs. I agree, off the cuff, we should spank the Browns, but looking at the stats, it seemed a lot closer.

RealSNR
11-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Actually that was a Arby's commercial. They were saying our Frys go just as good with our big montana sandwich.

http://www.phoood.com/weblog/bigmontana.jpgMust... resist... cross-thread... humor :#

beer bacon
Well that sure makes me feel better. I must be reading the chart wrong. It says in the last 5 KC has scored 112 and Cleveland has given up 112. It says passing we've had 4 TDs, 1 INT, while their D has given up 6 TDs but taken away 8 INTs. That hardly looks like a walk for the Chiefs. I agree, off the cuff, we should spank the Browns, but looking at the stats, it seemed a lot closer.

The only real advantage that I see the Browns having is that they are at home. Even so, the Browns have actually been worse at home this season then on the road.

cdcox

I doubt the game will come down to the KC pass offense versus the Cleveland pass defense. If we play hard and avoid the turnover's, we';; win.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2006, 11:42 PM
That chart didn't even mention turnovers, the single greatest factor in winning a game:

Chiefs: 4

Browns: 12

cdcox
11-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Must... resist... cross-thread... humor :#

You're just to lazy to seach for the Arby's thread.

cdcox
11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
You're just to lazy to seach for the Arby's thread.

Whoops, missed CntryGirl's Montana thread. LMAO Yeah, I wouldn't go there either.

KCJohnny
11-30-2006, 11:50 PM
That chart didn't even mention turnovers, the single greatest factor in winning a game:

Chiefs: 4

Browns: 12

That must be why they are 1-5 at home. Hermyball should beat that. Maybe Chiefs 20, Browns 10? I am just a bit pessimistic here; seen too many road games against weak teams where the Chiefs came out flat. I have never seen Jared Allen flat. Maybe he'll be the cause of that big turnover differential.
Go Chiefs!
#69 MVP

RealSNR
11-30-2006, 11:59 PM
You're just to lazy to seach for the Arby's thread.Whooops! Yeah, good call. I wasn't even thinking about that Arby's thread. I figured that would be in the Hall of Classics by now.

This place has gone down the tubes ever since that Phobia guy left

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Chiefs will win. End of thread.

Fish
12-01-2006, 12:15 AM
That must be why they are 1-5 at home. Hermyball should beat that. Maybe Chiefs 20, Browns 10? I am just a bit pessimistic here; seen too many road games against weak teams where the Chiefs came out flat. I have never seen Jared Allen flat. Maybe he'll be the cause of that big turnover differential.
Go Chiefs!
#69 MVP

Nice about face there bub..... just go with the flow........

GROB
12-01-2006, 12:35 AM
I thought it was CroyleNextMontana? KC will pound CLE 31-3. They can't stop run and they aren't very good on O.

KCJohnny
12-01-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought it was CroyleNextMontana? KC will pound CLE 31-3. They can't stop run and they aren't very good on O.

CAUTION, kEEMOSABI!
Desperate teams with nothing to play for can be very dangerous. The last game of the 1999 season the Chiefs were 9-6 and poised to win the AFCW with a simple home win against the 7-8 Raiders. KC got ahead 17-0 and wound up losing 41-38.

Memo to Herm: TAKE THE BROWNS SERIOUSLY.

BenC1357
12-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Hey, new to the site, although I'm a moderator on BigSoccer which is a huge soccer message board. I have been holding off on joining this site, basically because I waste enough time at work, but I figured what the heck. So on to this matchup...

No, they don't match up well against us. I'll do this KC Star style:

When the Chiefs run: KC has a great rushing attack and the O-line is getting better with each week all five play together. The Browns can't stop the run. ADV Chiefs.
When the Browns run: KC has been much improved in rushing defense, we just held the Broncos to 38 yards, and our defense is getting better with each week. The Browns are notorious, since Jim Brown retired, for not being able to run. Droughns had a decent year this year, and has slipped this year. That is mostly due to injuries on their O-line, which got worse this week when their RT went out for "mental issues". ADV Chiefs.
When the Chiefs pass: Well, we don't do it much, but accuracy and smart decision making are key when you're playing in the cold. Green gives us that, although he did miss a couple of passes last week. That should improve with each game he plays. We always have Tony G and Kennison, but it doesn't matter because we aren't going to throw much anyway. PUSH
When the Browns pass: The Browns have Winslow and Edwards, but Frye is not that good. They will move the ball some, especially if we get ahead and they have to pass, but I don't see Frye beating us on his own. ADV Browns.
Special Teams: They don't have anything to write home about. We have Dante Hall who despite having a less than stellar year can still take on to the house at any moment. Field position will be key and having Hall, Colquitte and Tynes gives is the ADV Chiefs.

Everything on paper leads to a Chiefs win. But once kickoff happens you never know. We have to get off to a good start, don't turn the ball over and run the rock down their throat.

StcChief
12-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Take them seriously but beat them like a red headed step child.

KCJohnny
12-03-2006, 03:59 PM

:doh!:

Thig Lyfe
12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Chiefs will win. End of thread.

Never mind. :(

KCJohnny
12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Never mind. :(

I think the football gods are paying us back for the helmet throwing OT win in Cleveland in 2002...

siberian khatru
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Screw matchups. Browns sucked, and our defense made them look good.

Derek Anderson? Give me a ****ing break. That's not about matchups, that's about a defense that had its collective head up its collective ass.

KCJohnny
12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Screw matchups. Browns sucked, and our defense made them look good.

Derek Anderson? Give me a ****ing break. That's not about matchups, that's about a defense that had its collective head up its collective ass.

uh... y'might want to check the box score...

Hammock Parties
12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
How about your hero Gunther, KCJ? He SUCKED today. I want to hear you praise him now.

Bowser
12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Wow. Good call.

siberian khatru
12-03-2006, 05:38 PM

I watched the whole ****ing game. We sucked major ass on D and let a n00b QB stand in the pocket and pick his targets. The Browns didn't do anything to impress me. Our D lost that game, plain and simple.

htismaqe
12-03-2006, 05:51 PM

From now on, don't bother trying to pass of to this board that you're a man of God.

NOBODY that is allegedly as righteous as you make yourself out to be displays such overt pride and arrogance.

You're a fraud, douchebag. Change your name to Ted Haggard.

KCJohnny
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
From now on, don't bother trying to pass of to this board that you're a man of God.

NOBODY that is allegedly as righteous as you make yourself out to be displays such overt pride and arrogance.

You're a fraud, douchebag. Change your name to Ted Haggard.

Lighten up, Francis.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/DrillSGT.jpg

Brock
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
If gunther wasn't such a complete ****ing moron, the Chiefs would have won that game easily.

htismaqe
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/DrillSGT.jpg

OUTED!