PDA

View Full Version : Sampson's injury causes injury

Mr. Laz
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Injury report

Tackle Kevin Sampson has missed a good chunk of the season, but his reason for being on the injury report has changed. Edwards said Sampson has been battling back problems for about a month and won’t play Sunday against the Browns.

Sampson hurt his back, Edwards said, when he was favoring his foot.

Pos. Chiefs Injury Status
DT James Reed groin O
OT Kevin Sampson back O
TE Tony Gonzalez shoulder P
LB Derrick Johnson ankle P
Pos. Browns Injury Status
DE Orpheus Roye knee D
CB Leigh Bodden ankle Q
RB Reuben Droughns foot Q
DE Nick Eason ankle Q
DB Justin Hamilton back Q
LB Willie McGinest pectoral Q
DB Brian Russell elbow Q
LB Mason Unck groin Q
TE Kellen Winslow knee Q

O: out; D: doubtful; Q: questionable; P: probable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Elizabeth Merrill, lmerrill@kcstar.com

siberian khatru
12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't care anymore. He's a lost cause, IMO.

HemiEd
12-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't care anymore. He's a lost cause, IMO.

Yep, we need to just move on.

StcChief
12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Turley,Welbourne, and Terry according to Depth chart

rocks
12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey Sampson, just stay up there on the porch. You just not tough enough to run with the big dogs.

ChiefFan31
12-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Sampson - what a name for a guy who gets injured getting out of bed in the morning.

Toad
12-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Isn't "giving up" on him what most of us (including me) thought of Black?

Sampson's problem has not been crappy play like many of convicted Black of - it's been injury. Considering he is young, I would like to give him a little more time.

Plus, big Will is going to retire next year. We will need all the bodies we can get to fill yet another hole. Maybe move Welborn to G and let Sampson and Svitek battle for the R tackle.

Halfcan
12-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Cya Sampson- go get a haircut.

siberian khatru
12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Isn't "giving up" on him what most of us (including me) thought of Black?

Sampson's problem has not been crappy play like many of convicted Black of - it's been injury. Considering he is young, I would like to give him a little more time.

Plus, big Will is going to retire next year. We will need all the bodies we can get to fill yet another hole. Maybe move Welborn to G and let Sampson and Svitek battle for the R tackle.

I understand, but Black has improved because he's playing. Sampson can't stay healthy enough to get the reps he needs to improve. It's always something with him. I expect even more competition to arrive for his roster spot next year. I just think Sampson is way behind and may never catch up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Personally, I think Chris Terry can be our RT next year. If that's the case, than you have Roidbourne take the RG spot and use Svitek, Sampson, Nieswanger, and Stallings for depth....

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Personally, I think Chris Terry can be our RT next year. If that's the case, than you have Roidbourne take the RG spot and use Svitek, Sampson, Nieswanger, and Stallings for depth....

Absolutely.....

Funny thing is that the line has really come into it's own as of late.

Without Sampson.

Things are fine just the way they are, IMO

KChiefs1
12-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Kevin Sampson nickname is San Diego.

morphius
12-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Seriously, I hope this guy uses an electric razor.

NJ Chief Fan
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
what about that kid we drafted from ole miss i believe, tre stallings? is he a possible replacement for mr. shields

boogblaster
12-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Suggestion, take him under the bleachers and kick him in the nards.....

milkman
12-01-2006, 08:46 PM

The guy that worries me a bit is Casey Wiegmann.

He's in his 11th year, and I seem to recall reading somewhere that he might be considering retirement soon.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2006, 08:49 PM

He's in his 11th year, and I seem to recall reading somewhere that he might be considering retirement soon.

I would think that center would be the easiest O-line position to replace??

milkman
12-01-2006, 08:52 PM

I don't know about that.

Isn't the center the guy that makes all the O-Line adjustments?

Skip Towne
12-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Sampson - what a name for a guy who gets injured getting out of bed in the morning.
Should he stop getting haircuts?

shaneo69
12-01-2006, 09:27 PM

Niswanger.

shaneo69
12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't think it would be a stretch to say that "Iron Horse" Sampson is the biggest pussy to ever put on a Kansas City Chiefs uniform.

milkman
12-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Niswanger.

I'm hoping, but I'd also like to have more than one option ready when we need to replace Wiegmann.

the Talking Can
12-01-2006, 09:44 PM

no, he makes the line calls...imho, he is vastly under appreciated....a great pickup by Carl...but if - and it is still a big IF - Black can be trusted at LT...we could draft a center/guard....

about Terry, I have no idea...until he shows something on the field we can't make plans that include him...

thankfully, OL is the one thing the Chiefs seem to understand...more often than not we get it right, and we have excellent coaching at the position as this year has made clear...

we lost Roaf and Welbourne and Sampson, and Waters for 4 games...compare our ol to Arizona or other franchises that never get it right no matter how many draft picks they sink...I think the OL is the one position that coaching can make the most difference, you can overcome a big talent deficit with good coaching, unlike the DL or WR or CB etc...

ok, rant off...I'm drinking a nice Spanish Rioja...go chiefs

Chiefs Pantalones
12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
BTW, I heard DJ got downgraded to questionable for the game. We shouldn't need him though.

the Talking Can
12-01-2006, 10:06 PM
BTW, I heard DJ got downgraded to questionable for the game. We shouldn't need him though.

wtf? does he have the worst ankle sprain ever?

we DO need him....

Chiefs Pantalones
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM

we DO need him....

HERM EDWARDS: ”(Kevin) Sampson is out with a lower back and DJ (Derrick Johnson) is listed as questionable, but other than that everybody else is ready to go.”

Q: How’s Johnson’s ankle coming along?

EDWARDS: “OK, still a little sore. He’s been practicing but he’s still sore on it and not full speed as we would like him to be. He’s getting better. We’ll see how he feels.”

Halfcan
12-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Damm I hope DJ plays.

HemiEd
12-01-2006, 10:29 PM

we DO need him....

Could possibly be the best chance to let it heal up before the tough games. Don't you think we can win this one without him?

the Talking Can
12-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Could possibly be the best chance to let it heal up before the tough games. Don't you think we can win this one without him?

no, we can win...I just wish he was back, he's the most talented player we have on D, imo...

HemiEd
12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
no, we can win...I just wish he was back, he's the most talented player we have on D, imo...

No question about it. I was just thinking it could be one of those nagging things that may hang with him a while. Sure hope it doesn't.

Bob Dole
12-02-2006, 07:09 AM
I don't think it would be a stretch to say that "Iron Horse" Sampson is the biggest pussy to ever put on a Kansas City Chiefs uniform.

Oh come on. He's played in 16 games for us and it's only his 3rd season.

A big guy needs time to recover, you know. :doh!:

Mr. Laz
12-02-2006, 10:27 AM
just sit DJ this week

a high ankle sprain can turn chronic if you keep pushing it.

we'll just have to win without him this week.