PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Archie F. Swin
12-02-2006, 09:24 AM
What are these things going for in discount/department stores and what would be considered a good price on ebay?

I'm considering my first new video game system since Sega Genesis. :skip:

icepick64
12-02-2006, 10:46 AM
$250 retail, ebay is more but I think nintendo said they are going to have a bunch more units before the holidays...

BWillie
12-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Why is the Wii so much cheaper than the XBOX 360 and especially the PS3? What is the difference. Somebody technically saavy care to run them down for us?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Wii is wack. I've played it and it's not that great. Get an XBOX 360 or pay a million dollars for the ps3 (I've played ps3 as well, and there's really not much difference between the 360 and that, after awhile, all the graphics and etc, they can't go any farther, so it's pretty much all the same).

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
12-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Wii is wack. I've played it and it's not that great. Get an XBOX 360 or pay a million dollars for the ps3 (I've played ps3 as well, and there's really not much difference between the 360 and that, after awhile, all the graphics and etc, they can't go any farther, so it's pretty much all the same).

I am in my late 30's and still find myself disappointed that new game consoles are continuously all about the graphics.
Don't get me wrong, I have an appreciation of fantastic visual candy. It's just that I remember having oodles of fun playing NES games that were more about the gameplay than the graphics.
NES was roughly an 8 bit system that seldom featured games that utilized the whole 8 bits. Yet, the games that were made for it are the standards that people still wax fondly about to this day.

icepick64
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Why is the Wii so much cheaper than the XBOX 360 and especially the PS3? What is the difference. Somebody technically saavy care to run them down for us?

The WII has graphics pretty comparable to that of the gamecube, definetly not next gen graphics. I believe it goes up to a max of 720p, which xbox 360 and ps 3 are 1080p.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2006, 02:58 PM

PS3 is more expensive mainly because of the HD Blue Ray capability that nobody wants anyways.

They should have released a seperate PS3 without the Blue Ray player for $300 less.

Valiant
12-02-2006, 03:45 PM
What are these things going for in discount/department stores and what would be considered a good price on ebay?

I'm considering my first new video game system since Sega Genesis. :skip:

All circuit Citys will voucher them off sunday morning.. Each in the KC market has 15, I am sure others have them also.. I would get their really earlier or drive by saturday night to see if anyone is waiting outside...

Valiant
12-02-2006, 03:48 PM

It is not an entertainment hub like the other two.. It will not play movies like the other two.. It was built just to play games and the wiimote and nunchuck bring a new experiance to gameplay...

morphius
12-02-2006, 03:50 PM
PS3 is more expensive mainly because of the HD Blue Ray capability that nobody wants anyways.

They should have released a seperate PS3 without the Blue Ray player for $300 less.
So nobody would want the Blue Ray technology that the games hold? And if nobody wants it, why was MS so quick to sell an HD-DVD player for theirs?

Really, just like DVD players, the price will drop drastically on the Blue Ray stuff, and it isn't like these game consoles are only around for a year and then disappear. I see no issue with the early adopters paying a bit more, it is the way all electronics work.

kcxiv
12-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I gave up trying to get a WII, i will wait til next year, when they make them with DVD capabiities.

Wii's not built to be a powerhouse console. its made to be innovative and most of all FUN. And it accomplished that.. They have currently sold over 1milion consoles already, while Ps3 hasnt even released a 2nd shipment.

If you are going to get a Wii, you have to get Zelda. am hearing its one of the best games of all time already. Thats the main reason why i want a Wii.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-02-2006, 04:21 PM
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on two Wii's. One is for the kids for christmas and the other is going on ebay shortly. I got every game available for the system but I think the kids will only like 3 of them.

Valiant
12-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I gave up trying to get a WII, i will wait til next year, when they make them with DVD capabiities.

Wii's not built to be a powerhouse console. its made to be innovative and most of all FUN. And it accomplished that.. They have currently sold over 1milion consoles already, while Ps3 hasnt even released a 2nd shipment.

If you are going to get a Wii, you have to get Zelda. am hearing its one of the best games of all time already. Thats the main reason why i want a Wii.

I would say maybe best zelda of all time, but after playing it there is no way imo that it cracks a top 20 list... its zelda with way better graphics and a new controller system..

Reaper16
12-02-2006, 05:14 PM
All Targets and Bust Buys will have Wiis in stock for tomorrow. Wal-Marts get them in for Wed. the 6th. So if a Wii is still in your Christmas shopping plans, then you have a great chance to pick one up this week.

Eleazar
12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
This is an older article but interesting:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

the Talking Can
12-02-2006, 05:33 PM
is the game play cool or just novel?

it looks like it might get old after a day or two...can't tell

Eleazar
12-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Anyways, I went to a local store the other day halfway intending to pick up a 360, but I couldn't pull the trigger. It's great and all from what I have seen, but $400 is still pretty steep. Especially when you consider most of the games on the rack were still $60, and I would need to add a controller for another $50. This crap is getting too expensive. MS should drop the price another $50-100 and totally obliterate their competition.

Eleazar
12-02-2006, 05:39 PM

I wondered about that. I wonder how sensitive the controller is and how well it actually works.

Plus, the other systems could add a similar attachment whenever they wanted to, so it's not like Nintendo has the market cornered on that.

Reaper16
12-02-2006, 05:40 PM

What sold me on it was playing Zelda: Twilight Princess. The small details, such as accurate boomerang aim and the speaker-in-controller making the arrows "whoosh" past your ear are what sold me on the Wii. It hasn't been a novelty; the features are legitimately fun and innovative.

Even the free Wii Sports, a glorified tech demo, will keep your attention for a while. Now, the Wii isn't the only "next-gen" console I own, so if I want a more traditional gameplay experience I can boot up the 360. But I'd say the Wii is definitely worth it.

Reaper16
12-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyways, I went to a local store the other day halfway intending to pick up a 360, but I couldn't pull the trigger. It's great and all from what I have seen, but $400 is still pretty steep. Especially when you consider most of the games on the rack were still $60, and I would need to add a controller for another $50. This crap is getting too expensive. MS should drop the price another $50-100 and totally obliterate their competition.
March is the date being tossed around for the 1st 360 price drop.

KcMizzou
12-02-2006, 05:42 PM
I wondered about that. I wonder how sensitive the controller is and how well it actually works.
From everything I've heard it works very well. The word I've seen most is "intuitive".

Also, you dont have to act everything out. (although you can, if you want to) A flick of the wrist is all that's really necesary.

the Talking Can
12-02-2006, 05:43 PM
What sold me on it was playing Zelda: Twilight Princess. The small details, such as accurate boomerang aim and the speaker-in-controller making the arrows "whoosh" past your ear are what sold me on the Wii. It hasn't been a novelty; the features are legitimately fun and innovative.

Even the free Wii Sports, a glorified tech demo, will keep your attention for a while. Now, the Wii isn't the only "next-gen" console I own, so if I want a more traditional gameplay experience I can boot up the 360. But I'd say the Wii is definitely worth it.

that's cool...it certainly looks fun, simple game like golf and tennis should be a blast...but I'd have to test it before buying...I'm hoping my brother gets his girls one for christmas so I can play it lol...

Reaper16
12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
From everything I've heard it works very well. The word I've seen most is "intuitive".

Also, you dont have to act everything out. (although you can, if you want to) A flick of the wrist is all that's really necesary.
That's a great point.

Eleazar
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
March is the date being tossed around for the 1st 360 price drop.

I would definitely buy if the price decreased substantially.

Do you follow this kind of stuff at all? From what I can search up there are going to be 4 million of the Wii consoles available by the end of this year and 360 availability never seems to be a problem anywhere I go. When are there going to be a comparable number of ps3s available? As in, when could I expect to walk into a store and be able to find one on the shelf for the retail price?

Is the PS3 going to be that much better for games than the 360? I don't much care about the other functionality. I just wondered if the games themselves would justify it costing twice as much, if 360s price drops.

Fire Me Boy!
12-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Go with this instead.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=3072227&web_id=3072227&ocm=sekw

Deberg_1990
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Yea i agree, all this gaming stuff is getting way out of hand with pricing. I dont get how people afford this stuff anymore?? BTW, anymore remember how much an Atari 2600 or the Intellevision used to cost back in the early 1980's??

I remember paying $125 i think for the original 8 bit Nintendo system around 89 or so.

Eleazar
12-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Yea i agree, all this gaming stuff is getting way out of hand with pricing. I dont get how people afford this stuff anymore?? BTW, anymore remember how much an Atari 2600 or the Intellevision used to cost back in the early 1980's??

2600 - $199 in 1977.

$641.23 in the year 2005 has the same "purchase power" as $199 in the year 1977.

Reaper16
12-02-2006, 06:01 PM
I would definitely buy if the price decreased substantially.

Do you follow this kind of stuff at all? From what I can search up there are going to be 4 million of the Wii consoles available by the end of this year and 360 availability never seems to be a problem anywhere I go. When are there going to be a comparable number of ps3s available? As in, when could I expect to walk into a store and be able to find one on the shelf for the retail price?

Is the PS3 going to be that much better for games than the 360? I don't much care about the other functionality. I just wondered if the games themselves would justify it costing twice as much, if 360s price drops.
No, I don't think that the quality of games is enough to justify buying a PS3 over a 360. Each console will have its share of excellent games, it's all up to personal preference. I imagine that the PS3 will be purchased by big fans of the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy franchises/ On the same token, PS3 will never get titles like Halo or Gears of War.

The 360 has had a year under its development cycle belt. Quality titles are available in high number. The PS3 is for people who really want to be at the technological forefront with the Blu-Ray technology. The really good PS3 games won't hit for awhile, just as the really good 360 games didnt release for a while.

As far as PS3 availability for retail? If the PS2 was any indicator, I didn't see PS2s readily available @ retail until March/April of the next year.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2006, 06:08 PM
2600 - $199 in 1977.

$641.23 in the year 2005 has the same "purchase power" as $199 in the year 1977.

People also spend alot more money for peripherials with these new boxes than they ever did on the old systems.

Games are more expensive
Memory cards
extra controllers (you used to get the extra controller for free)

and all sorts of other gimmicks to get you hooked into these things....

Archie F. Swin
12-02-2006, 10:14 PM
thanks for the feedback

NFL16
12-02-2006, 10:32 PM

Plus, the other systems could add a similar attachment whenever they wanted to, so it's not like Nintendo has the market cornered on that.

Go to MicroCenter.

They have special 100$ off on Xbox 360's, but it only lasts until tomorrow I think.

So that would take it from 400 to 300.

Plus, if you've never shopped at MicroCenter before, you can open a MicroCenter card and get an additional 100 dollars off.

I did that, and my premium Xbox 360 only cost me 200$.

dirk digler
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I have a Wii and absolutely love it. The graphics aren't the greatest but guess what it is FUN to play. The last time I checked that is what games are supposed to be...fun.

Imon Yourside
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Go to MicroCenter.

They have special 100$ off on Xbox 360's, but it only lasts until tomorrow I think.

So that would take it from 400 to 300.

Plus, if you've never shopped at MicroCenter before, you can open a MicroCenter card and get an additional 100 dollars off.

I did that, and my premium Xbox 360 only cost me 200$.

Just saw this thread and was gonna post this but you beat me to it. I just got one a couple of days ago as well. I already used my $100 off on the card but still nice to get premium for $299.

The only reason i got it was to play the sports games, College hoops 2k7 is OUT FRIGGIN STANDING! It almost looks like real life and includes media cutins, previews, awesome gameday atmosphere and very good playability. I took over Alcorn state and just went to Carolina and took out the tarheels.

QuikSsurfer
12-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I would say maybe best zelda of all time, but after playing it there is no way imo that it cracks a top 20 list... its zelda with way better graphics and a new controller system..
how is the game experience compared to say.. the ocarina of time?

UteChief
12-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I walked into my local Gamestop yesterday and picked up a PS3. Sony is sending shipments once or twice a week. So if your interested you will be able to find them.

carter08
12-03-2006, 10:57 AM
The wii was sent by God to save the world

Blessed be thy Wii

Demonpenz
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
i bought the wii and it looks like gamecube grafics. why the hell i bought i don't know. Oh well back to techmo

Archie F. Swin
12-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I got lucky (I guess). My wife told me a local Wal Mart was getting a shipment, so I took my place in line this morning, an hour before open. Turns out they received 6 units. I was sixth in line.

Archie F. Swin
12-06-2006, 10:59 AM
holy hell....watch the "...just say no" video (http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/) ROFL

Ebolapox
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I got lucky...

yeah, you did--they're nearly impossible to get ahold of in springfield, MO (trust me, I know)

Fish
12-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Wii Bowling + Booze = Serious Fun Times

Baby Lee
12-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Microcenter is your friend (http://www.microcenter.com/images/specials/1206a.front.full.jpg)

EDIT - already discussed.

Archie F. Swin
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Turns out they received 6 units. I was sixth in line.

holy hell...I just realized...today's the 6th

of '06! :evil:

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2006, 12:41 PM
i bought the wii and it looks like gamecube grafics. why the hell i bought i don't know. Oh well back to techmoI'll give you 50 bucks for it.

Baby Lee
12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Endo's OUaT Doppleganger weighs in. (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/56009)

12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
If you want graphics, buy a 360. If you want to blow money, buy a PS3. If you want to try something completely new, buy a Wii.

Seriously, I bought one for my son and it has been a blast so far. I will eventually get a 360 for my FPS habit but I have really enjoyed and been impressed with the Wii. It's backwards compatibility is outstanding also.

Archie F. Swin
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
www.wiihaveaproblem.com

KcMizzou
12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
www.wiihaveaproblem.comGood lord. Quick! Someone put it out of it's misery!

12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
The WII has graphics pretty comparable to that of the gamecube, definetly not next gen graphics. I believe it goes up to a max of 720p, which xbox 360 and ps 3 are 1080p.
Wii is actually only up to 480p. It does display in widescreen format though. Also, it is more on par with the original XBOX as far as graphics go. Better than the GAmecube ever could have been. From what I have read it will display slightly better graphics that the original XBOX.

12-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Looks like they may be creating a Linux Live CD for the Wii too. Can't wait to see that.

MahiMike
12-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Why all this talk about Michelle Wie? I know she's a gamer but come on...

Sam Hall
12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm about to give up my search for the Wii. I might get a laptop instead.

KC Dan
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Other than actually asking at a store when they will get a Wii shipment, does anyone know of a method to find out that information?

Archie F. Swin
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Other than actually asking at a store when they will get a Wii shipment, does anyone know of a method to find out that information?

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

Joe Seahawk
12-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I called my local Fred Meyer this morning at 7:00 and asked them about the Wii and they said "You better Hurry" I raced down there and bought the last of their shipment of 15.. SWEEET!

patteeu
12-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Did you see this Wii vs. PS3 analysis (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en)? I got it from Ari Chiefs website. Wii looks pretty good by comparison.

Eleazar
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Did you see this Wii vs. PS3 analysis (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en)? I got it from Ari Chiefs website. Wii looks pretty good by comparison.

LMAO that's hilarious!

KcMizzou
12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Did you see this Wii vs. PS3 analysis (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9136575504838642038&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en)? I got it from Ari Chiefs website. Wii looks pretty good by comparison.Damn... I'm totally getting a Wii.

Maybe two.

L.A. Chieffan
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
HAHA classic.

Talisman
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I picked one up right after launch and have been having a blast. My wife loves it, which is good in the she-lets-me-buy-games sense and bad in the it's-my-fricken-turn-to-play sense. Nintendo has nailed their target market: everyone. We took it over to the in-laws house on Thanksgiving and had my wife's parents swinging away at tennis, golf and bowling. I thought my father-in-law was going to break the TV when he was boxing. He kept getting closer and closer to the screen. Watching a 55 year old man pumping his arms in the air after knocking down a cartoonish version of Jesus was hilarious. He's never owned a console of any kind. He wants a Wii.

We're getting ready to head down to Kansas for my grandma's 80th birthday party and we're taking the Wii with us. My grandma bowls and I can't wait to see her whipping the controller forward going for a strike. I'm sure my 3 1/2 year old nephew is going to want to have a go s well. Talk about a wide demographic.

If you are able to score a Wii, make sure you grab some controllers. The situation may be different where you are, but here in Des Moines, I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to find extra nunchuks. I finally stumbled on some at Toys-R-Us. When I was checking out the guy behind the counter said, "We got Wii controllers in?" He stopped scanning my stuff and quickly ran over to grab a remote, nunchuk and a classic controller. I really needed an extra nunchuk. How else am I supposed to punch my wife in the face with wreckless abandon?

With Wii Sports included and the built in Mii creation feature, this was hands down the most fun I've had with a console out of the box. Well worth it.

And if you want a quirky game experience that could only work on the Wii (or the DS), check out Trauma Center: Second Opinion. I've never had so much fun removing a tumor from someone's stomach. Great stuff.

Archie F. Swin
12-08-2006, 01:07 PM
I picked one up right after launch and have been having a blast. My wife loves it, which is good in the she-lets-me-buy-games sense and bad in the it's-my-fricken-turn-to-play sense. Nintendo has nailed their target market: everyone.

oh damn...mine's just two feet away from my left foot...under the Christmas tree.

STFU

Reaper16
12-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I kind of scoffed when Nintendo said they were trying to get non-gamers to fall in love with the Wii, en masse. Well, they seem to be well on their way to reaching that goal.

It reminds me of my grandparents. I was actually introduced to videogames before I was three years old -- by them. They both looooved the Atari 2600. They spent hours on that thing, probably because it was very easy to play. One button and a joystick. Likewise, the Wii is very easy to grasp. It's just so intuitive for non-gamers to pick up and play.

Archie F. Swin
12-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Wii may be more costly than PS3 over the long term (http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=53)

I get the feeling that the Wiimote safety strap was designed by someone who works for a video monitor company. :hmmm:

Reaper16
12-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Wii may be more costly than PS3 over the long term (http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=53)

I get the feeling that the Wiimote safety strap was designed by someone who works for a video monitor company. :hmmm:
I think its just idiots that don't realize that they do not have to give a Herculean effort when using the controller. Simple flicks of the wrist are all that is necessary. I've never had the Wiimote fly out of my grip, and I've never seen it happen with my own eyes, even with people gesturing powerfully with it.

Archie F. Swin
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I would think the baseball or tennis game would produce all of these casualties. Apparently that bowling game is a doozy!

12-20-2006, 02:32 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134571

Redcoats58
12-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Cannot find server?

HMc
12-20-2006, 03:53 AM
server is out picking up wii controllers

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

Even Time magazine Says PS3 is not worth the price.....

12-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Cannot find server?
Working fine for me.

12-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Here is the basic thread it takes you to.

Reggie's Xmas Surprise - SMB, R-Type TJ and E FREE on VC? #1
Quote:
(Use Firefox and change your user agent to

"Opera/9.00 (Nintendo Wii; U; ; 1038-58; Wii Shop Channel/1.0; en)"

or you'll be redirected to wii.com)

USA: Super Mario Bros. http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/v...01000146414745

Toe Jam & Earl http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/v...0100014D414A45

R-TYPE http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/v...01000150414445

Not what I was expecting, but awesome nonetheless.

Go here to learn how to install the user agent on Firefox...

1. Open Firefox
2. Install the User Agent Switcher

The previous tech-recipes on the use of this tool is also killer.

3. Click Tools
4. Click User Agent Switcher
5. Click Options -> Options
6. Click User Agents
7. Click Add
8. Description: wii
9. User Agent: Opera/9.00 (Nintendo Wii; U; ; 1038-58; Wii Shop Channel/1.0; en)
10. Click OK X 2
11. Click Tools again
12. Select User Agent Switcher
13. Select wii

14. Copy and paste one of these links into firefox and visit it:

Main Channel:

http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/vc/W_01.jsp?language=enŽion=USA&country=US

Surf the Manual!

http://209.67.106.203/en_US/html/manual/USA/startup.html

My Nintendo Membership Link:

http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/vc/S_02.jsp?language=enŽion=USA&country=US&&state=init

Sonic The Hedgehog Page:

http://oss.shop.wii.com/oss/common/vc/B_05.jsp?titleId=000100014D414845

Not enough? Visit the source for more information...

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Wish i Still had a wii :(

12-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Wish i Still had a wii :(

Well, what did you do with it? Avoiding the obvious joke here BTW. :)

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Well, what did you do with it? Avoiding the obvious joke here BTW. :)

I may or may not have traded it in for a ps3.........

12-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I may or may not have traded it in for a ps3.........
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!!!! :shake:

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:12 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!!!! :shake:

The thing that sucks is I Just got my wii playing videos this morning :(

12-20-2006, 05:15 AM
The thing that sucks is I Just got my wii playing videos this morning :(

So, how have you "may or may not" have traded this in then.

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:18 AM
Not only that it was a really good Deal I got 2 ps3 controllers 2 ps3 games a blueray copy of Talladega nights and the system,

The only down side was that I had to give her my Wii 2 controllers Zelda Wii sports Elbits and not to mention 150$ and 20$ in gas that I spent to driving up there and back.

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:18 AM
So, how have you "may or may not" have traded this in then.

You find the weirdest things on Craigslist.

12-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Not only that it was a really good Deal I got 2 ps3 controllers 2 ps3 games a blueray copy of Talladega nights and the system,

The only down side was that I had to give her my Wii 2 controllers Zelda Wii sports Elbits and not to mention 150$ and 20$ in gas that I spent to driveing up there and back.

Damnit, couldn't you have given me Elebits instead of her. My son would have been in heaven.

By they way, you don't deserve your sig anymore. :shake: :)

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Damnit, couldn't you have given me Elebits instead of her. My son would have been in heaven.

By they way, you don't deserve your sig anymore. :shake: :)

I know I changed my sig and Elebits was azsome.... :(

12-20-2006, 05:26 AM
I know I changed my sig and Elebits was azsome.... :(

ROFL

Even though it was azsome, you traded it away for the system that is getting blown away by every single publication out there in favor of Nintendo?

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:31 AM
ROFL

Even though it was azsome, you traded it away for the system that is getting blown away by every single publication out there in favor of Nintendo?

But but the playstation 3 has blueRay????

And dont tell me the you wouldn't have jumped on the same offer or at least been tempted?

12-20-2006, 05:39 AM
But but the playstation 3 has blueRay????

And dont tell me the you wouldn't have jumped on the same offer or at least been tempted?
Nope. I have no interest in the PS3 whatsoever. I will buy a 360 before I ever fork over the money for that overpriced POS.

I just feel that Sony priced themselves right out of the market.

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Nope. I have no interest in the PS3 whatsoever. I will buy a 360 before I ever fork over the money for that overpriced POS.

I just feel that Sony priced themselves right out of the market.

Even if sony priced it at 800$ There recognition alone will probably get them 2nd at least.

12-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Even if sony priced it at 800$ There recognition alone will probably get them 2nd at least.
I hope not. That will be bad news for gamers. Just like Chiefs tickets.

Keep buying them and the price will keep climbing.

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I hope not. That will be bad news for gamers. Just like Chiefs tickets.

Keep buying them and the price will keep climbing.

Never underestimate the stupidity of fandom.

12-20-2006, 05:58 AM
Never underestimate the stupidity of fandom.
Chiefs season ticket holders are living proof. :)

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Chiefs season ticket holders are living proof. :)

Amen to that.

Eleazar
12-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I went ahead and got a 360 a little while back. I was going to wait for the first price drop, but I kept seeing games I wanted to play so I went ahead and got one.

I debated waiting forever until PS3s were generally available, but all the games I saw were available on 360 too and I don't see any difference between them. Yeah, I know, it plays blue ray, whoopity doo. I'd still have to wait a year to find it and pay $200 more to get it.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 07:29 AM
I was going to wait in line for a Wii on Sunday morning. I got to the Gamestop at 7:30 AM and the parking lot was ****in full. **** that, i'll wait until after Christmas. All these retards are buying them for their kids, not for themselves. They don't even know what they are, I heard one of the douchebag hillbillies call it a "Gameboy".

Anyways, to further comment on the price comments about games and shit, I remember certain Super Nintendo games costing $70. Super Mario RPG, Zelda A Link to the Past, and IIRC Chrono Trigger. I think the most i've ever seen new-gen games cost is 60.

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 07:35 AM
I went ahead and got a 360 a little while back. I was going to wait for the first price drop, but I kept seeing games I wanted to play so I went ahead and got one.

I debated waiting forever until PS3s were generally available, but all the games I saw were available on 360 too and I don't see any difference between them. Yeah, I know, it plays blue ray, whoopity doo. I'd still have to wait a year to find it and pay $200 more to get it.

The only big difference Ive seen so far with the ps3 is that its so much easyer puting media on it,Over the wii and the Xbox360.

Not only that the ps3 has a WiFi out of the box and a free web browser that supports flash videos and games.

Eleazar
12-20-2006, 07:47 AM
The only big difference Ive seen so far with the ps3 is that its so much easyer puting media on it,Over the wii and the Xbox360.

Not only that the ps3 has a WiFi out of the box and a free web browser that supports flash videos and games.

All that is just fluff to me though. I don't need wifi on it if it has ethernet built in. If I want to use the web I have a computer, I don't need to use some other machine that doesn't have a keyboard/mouse and uses some stripped down web browser. I would buy a gaming console for the games, not because it would be some half-alternative to a couple of different household appliances that I already own.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Console fan boys are the most pathetic form of human life on the planet.

KcMizzou
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Anyways, to further comment on the price comments about games and shit, I remember certain Super Nintendo games costing $70. Super Mario RPG, Zelda A Link to the Past, and IIRC Chrono Trigger. I think the most i've ever seen new-gen games cost is 60.Hey, those were three kick-ass games though.

:)

Eleazar
12-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Console fan boys are the most pathetic form of human life on the planet.

Bu+ B1u3 r@Y iz d@ fut@R d00d!!!!1111eleven

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey, those were three kick-ass games though.

Yep. Probably %25 of my total video game hours are logged on those 3 games.

munkey
12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I got lucky (I guess). My wife told me a local Wal Mart was getting a shipment, so I took my place in line this morning, an hour before open. Turns out they received 6 units. I was sixth in line.

I went to game stop on Sunday to pick up a DS for my daughter and there was a group of 6 teenage boys who slept outside to get there Wii...The last kid to walk up and get his had a check from his mommy and game stop would not accecpt a third party check so the guy give the kid 10 minutes to get his mom in the store to verify and take the check....

Well it took mom 20 minutes and the Wii was gone...

I thought the kid was going to have a mental break down...Mom and Dad too.

It was BS but at the same time the kid should have checked prior AND there was 8 more people behind him wanting one too.

Archie F. Swin
12-20-2006, 08:41 AM
how much does a DS cost?

munkey
12-20-2006, 08:55 AM
how much does a DS cost?

Archie F. Swin
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks...I'd like to hear how she likes it

PastorMikH
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
The Nintendo Wii isn't going to work. The reason kids play video games is because they are too lazy to go outside and play. Now they have a video game that makes them work just like they would if they are outside playing the game. Just go buy a tennis racket and save yourself some $.

That's what I told the oldest Daughter's lazy boyfriend when he mentioned wanting one.

:D

oaklandhater
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I went to game stop on Sunday to pick up a DS for my daughter and there was a group of 6 teenage boys who slept outside to get there Wii...The last kid to walk up and get his had a check from his mommy and game stop would not accecpt a third party check so the guy give the kid 10 minutes to get his mom in the store to verify and take the check....

It was BS but at the same time the kid should have checked prior AND there was 8 more people behind him wanting one too.

Come on a wii is not that hard to get.

Eleazar
12-20-2006, 09:56 AM

Were they really surprised that someone showed up wanting to buy something with a check that was not in their name and the store refused? What a bunch of tards.

Saulbadguy
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
The Nintendo Wii isn't going to work. The reason kids play video games is because they are too lazy to go outside and play. Now they have a video game that makes them work just like they would if they are outside playing the game. Just go buy a tennis racket and save yourself some $.

That's what I told the oldest Daughter's lazy boyfriend when he mentioned wanting one.

:D
It really doesn't take too much "work". Just flicks of the wrist.

sportsman1
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I bought one (camped out) just from what I seen of the Madden 07' Video for it. Madden and Zelda are pretty cool, alot of injununity with it and suprisingly somewhat next gen graphics. Its worth the $250.

12-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Come on a wii is not that hard to get.
Actually, it has been very difficult to get. Nintendo is not even able to keep up with the crowds so far. They did not expect it to be this popular.

Sam Hall
12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm still looking for the Wii, yet excited to play the XBOX 360 my brother is getting for Christmas.

KcMizzou
12-21-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm still looking for the Wii, yet excited to play the XBOX 360 my brother is getting for Christmas.I have a 360.... it kicks ass. I was always a PS2 guy.... but this rocks. I'm taking turns boxing with my buddy on Fight Night 3 as we speak.

kcxiv
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Gears of War nuff said.

Sam Hall
12-21-2006, 12:55 AM
I have a 360.... it kicks ass. I was always a PS2 guy.... but this rocks. I'm taking turns boxing with my buddy on Fight Night 3 as we speak.

Talk about contrasting styles, I'm going to play Tiger Woods 2007 and Gears of War. Tiger 2005 was one of the best sports game I've ever played. I may eventually get to Fight Night and NCAA 2007.

Eleazar
12-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I am liking fight night as well, just started playing it. although, my rival is a chump, I have knocked him out in the first round twice in a row. I went total speed to start with and then built from there, seems to have worked so far.

oaklandhater
12-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Actually, it has been very difficult to get. Nintendo is not even able to keep up with the crowds so far. They did not expect it to be this popular.

Wii bundles are all over the internet.

Archie F. Swin
12-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Wow...this (sat) morning I went to wal mart to get some stuff for my wife and saw that they had one wiimote, something they had not had for a few weeks now. I bought it thinking I'd put it on ebay to make up for the inflated price I purchased one for back in the middle of the month. Listed it on ebay this morning, and just for giggles I offered a "buy it now" price of nearly $54. It sold within 3 hours at the BiN price, some 15 dollars more than what I paid for it...not to mention $4 shipping.

Buck
12-24-2006, 12:38 AM
I normally play 360, but my brothers picked up the Wii, and I played the Wii Sports game 2 days in a row for about 3 hrs per day and my ****ing shoulder is killing me. You should seriously stretch before playing.

Talisman
12-24-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm surfing Chiefsplanet from my Wii right now. The free trial Opera browser is pretty slick. It does take a while to type things in, though. The word suggest deal does speed things up a little bit.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-25-2006, 08:12 AM

Bump. To see if anyone can access the free games. I am having trouble just setting up my browser properly.

Swanman
12-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Talk about contrasting styles, I'm going to play Tiger Woods 2007 and Gears of War. Tiger 2005 was one of the best sports game I've ever played. I may eventually get to Fight Night and NCAA 2007.

Gears of War is an amazing game. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Rainbow Six Vegas for Christmas (won't get it until my girlfriend gets home on Wednesday) and I've heard great things about that game.

I now have the 360, Wii and PS3. Wii Sports is addictive, especially the bowling game. Zelda is pretty damn good too. For PS3, the game lineup right now is atrocious. I bought Resistance (great FPS) and NHL 2k7 (fun game) and now I'll just wait for some better titles to come out (Metal Gear, Lair, FF XXIII). I've played Resistance online and it's really fun with no lags. Plus, I've got a bunch of 360 games I haven't finished (Saint's Row, Oblivion, Ghost Recon, Call of Duty 3, etc.).

Demonpenz
12-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I have a ps3 and it just sits there soaking up 600 bucks

kcxiv
12-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Been playing nba2k7 on the 360, game is pretty damn nice.

I want A Wii. maybe in a few months or so, when its easier to get. I heard Nintendo may drop the wi sports and sell the system for 200 bucks. That would be damn sliick

ChiefsfaninPA
12-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Been playing nba2k7 on the 360, game is pretty damn nice.

I want A Wii. maybe in a few months or so, when its easier to get. I heard Nintendo may drop the wi sports and sell the system for 200 bucks. That would be damn sliick

Wii Sports is so f#*%8ing fun. The kids are having a blast with it. My wife has even gotten in on the action.

Demonpenz
12-25-2006, 02:47 PM
they are going to stop selling the controller. To many people getting Wii elbows

Archie F. Swin
12-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I could tell before I even loaded a Wii game....gaming has changed forever

kcxiv
12-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Wii Sports is so f#*%8ing fun. The kids are having a blast with it. My wife has even gotten in on the action.
That may be true, but i am a zelda freak, so i want it just for zelda

The Rick
12-28-2006, 01:15 PM
My wife tried to get me a Wii for Christmas, but never could find one. She gave me the cash instead.

Today, during my lunch break, I went to a nearby Toys R Us on a whim. Much to my suprise, they had just received a shipment 15 minutes prior to my arrival and had ONE left! I may just have to take off a little early today from work. :)

On a related note, a friend of mine here at work said there was a lady on Craigslist looking to buy a Wii. Aparently, she was offering "oral pleasure" plus the $250 retail cost in exchange for a Wii...