PDA

View Full Version : KU @ DePaul

Braincase
12-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I figure that Collins and Wright will have good games in front of family.

BWillie
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM
It will be Chalmers' coming out party tonight. He's putting up over 20. He's too good to be on a dry spell for much longer than this.

BWillie
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Anybody know of a place online that I can listen to the game at over radio?

ferrarispider95
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
this is getting ridicolous, this game isn't on local tv station, just espn u???

I am getting sick of this sh*t.

Braincase
12-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Anybody know of a place online that I can listen to the game at over radio?

The game should be on 610.

Braincase
12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Game is pretty tight so far, but I'd guess KU pul sthis one out. DePaul seems to be playing more one-on-one, less team play. Decent defense, however.

teedubya
12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
they are showing womens soccer on ESPN2. What a joke.

BWillie
12-02-2006, 01:56 PM
The game should be on 610.

Yeah, I know. I'm a sad soul who does not own a radio. No joke

Braincase
12-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm a sad soul who does not own a radio. No joke

www.61sports.com They have a live feed. Requires a pretty innocent registration with occassional spam.

Lzen
12-02-2006, 02:27 PM
I ordered the top 180 on Dish Network today. I had been thinking of upgrading form the top 120 anyways. It's just an extra $10 a month. Now I get the Military, National Geographic, Discovery Times, ESPNU and several other channels.

BWillie007, ESPNU is channel 148.

Lzen
12-02-2006, 02:28 PM
BTW, I am about 12:30 behind but the score is KU 33, Depaul 21 with 16:18 remaining. KU is playing terrific defense.

Lzen
12-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Sasha Kaun has seen a little playing time today. He has looked pretty good.

Pierce
12-02-2006, 02:39 PM
KU only up 4 now.

Pierce
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Tie game. Time to step it up, KU.

Braincase
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Tie game. Time to step it up, KU.

Yep. Count me amongst the gripping.

Pierce
12-02-2006, 02:55 PM
And KU is about to lose.

chiefsfan987
They're getting dominated in the second half.

Lzen
Man, I love Russell Robinson. That guy is a gamer. What an incredible leader.

I'm at 4:30 remaining and KU up 53-45

Braincase
1:18 left, Depaul by 5, 58-53.

Crap.

HolmeZz
12-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Man, I love Russell Robinson. That guy is a gamer. What an incredible leader.

I'm at 4:30 remaining and KU up 53-45

Yeah, it kinda goes a bit downhill after that.

teedubya
12-02-2006, 02:59 PM
KU let this game get away. Ridiculous.

CoMoChief
12-02-2006, 03:01 PM
What the **** is wrong with this team?

BWillie
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Pissed it down our legs. How do you lose games like this? 2-4 Depaul

chiefsfan987
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
KU let this game get away. Ridiculous.

They probably thought the game was in the bag before it was played again. Is this what we're gonna get with Self coached teams? Its becoming a trend.

chiefqueen
12-02-2006, 03:04 PM
KU lost.

Braincase
12-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, crap.

Somebody remind me why I shouldn't start the KU game threads.

Lzen
12-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Uggghh. Why can't these guys make FTs when they need them? And why can't Self make adjustments to stop runs from opponents? :banghead:

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Good Lord. Are you kidding me?

Boyceofsummer
12-02-2006, 03:06 PM
these kids have not hit a shot excluding two free throws since I have tuned in. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teedubya
Well, crap.

Yeah, man, you are are 0-2 this year. I really need to get some Antifreeze.

BWillie
Well, crap.

It was my fault, since I created the Florida KU thread I should of made this one a long time ago. I dropped the ball.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2006, 03:07 PM
maybe his contract extension wasn't long enough?

Pierce
12-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, that was not fun. That one is on Bill Self for the most part.

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I thought Florida looked pretty bad when you all beat them. I wonder if the kids thought a little too much of themselves after that win. :hmmm:

Braincase
We deserve to lose that one. No excuses. Yeah, an emotional day for the DePaul team, but still, this was a 2-4 team. WTF?

Boyceofsummer
with 3 minutes and change left. I would line these ****ers-up and run them on this court in front of everybody. HUMILIATION? HELL YES!!!!!!!!

Boyceofsummer
12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought Florida looked pretty bad when you all beat them. I wonder if the kids thought a little too much of themselves after that win. :hmmm:

Lzen
12-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, crap.

Didn't you start the Oral Roberts thread? Mods, ban him!!

BWillie

Oh shut up. Florida won the national championship last year and has everybody back, I mean everybody. We beat them fair and square. The sad thing is we have the most talented team in the country and we lose games like this. No excuse for two of them. Oral Roberts at home I can live with if it happens once as an abberation, but not 2-4 Depaul who wasn't even supposed to be good this year. I can handle losing games to Texas, Texas AM, even maybe USC. But not these games.

Boyceofsummer
is not available here!

teedubya
I hate when we have a team that we play up or down to the competition. Lets get the head out of the ass.

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I was being honest. Sure, you beat them fair and square. I just didn't think they looked all that impressive; I certainly wouldn't call them the favorite this year, although I guess I haven't seen anyone else that was just "terrific" either.

Lzen
12-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Well, that extension is really starting to look like a mistake.

Pierce
12-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey well at least the Chiefs didn't lose. Hopefully they won't, too. I'm more passionate abou them than the Jayhawks...marginally.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2006, 03:14 PM
i'm elated that ESPNU .....

is not available here!

:LOL:

i hear ya ... the inability of Bill Self to keep his players motivated and focused in becoming an issue.

leviw
12-02-2006, 03:14 PM
This team is soft.

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I didn't get to see it but it sounds like they went into the patented " Bill Self stand around and let them rest' offense. ORU only plays 8 guys and we couldn't wear them out.

eazyb81
12-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Depaul wins: Eastern Illinois, Chaminade....and Kansas.

Self is starting to look more like Quin Snyder every day: all recruiting, no coaching.

HemiEd
12-02-2006, 03:23 PM
What the **** is wrong with this team?

I think Self got his extension.

chiefsfan987
12-02-2006, 03:25 PM
I didn't get to watch the game and actually only listened to the last 5 minutes of the game or so. Did KU's offense go stale because of the zone defense again? It seems that they're having big problems scoring against zone defenses this year.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I didn't get to see it but it sounds like they went into the patented " Bill Self stand around and let them rest' offense. ORU only plays 8 guys and we couldn't wear them out.

I figured all Self had to do was insert the second team. According to you, they could win the Big 12.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
This team is soft.

Maybe not. I didn't see this game, but I know that Depaul's coach is a solid X and O's guy. Wainwright got NC Wilmington to the tourney and he beat KU in AFH when he coached the Richmond Spiders.

So maybe it has more to do with coaching than being soft?

ROYC75
12-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Not making the free throws when they needed in the end was a recipe for disaster..... Rush, Robinson, etc. That's 4 points and then that extra long range 3 didn't help, Robinson's foul on a 3point attempt......

Just stupid basketball........ it should have never been that close. This team has no leadership, coach or players. It appears we play to the level of our opponets, with the exceptions of the really bad teams. We have no killer instinct ( an aggressive tenacious urge for domination in a struggle to attain a set goal ) to win the middle level of a competitive team.

I hate this, reminds too much of the Chiefs.

Braincase
12-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I figured all Self had to do was insert the second team. According to you, they could win the Big 12.

Bleah. Lucky to win one game in the Big 12 this year. KU is inconsistent and immature.

ROYC75
12-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Maybe not. I didn't see this game, but I know that Depaul's coach is a solid X and O's guy. Wainwright got NC Wilmington to the tourney and he beat KU in AFH when he coached the Richmond Spiders.

He is an excellent coach, all the time they were down 8 to 10 points he kept them together, make a run and only to fall back. He kept them thinking they could do it.......

I kept wondering each time we pull back out in front when we would go flat and lose.........

leviw
12-02-2006, 03:45 PM

Come on. A team with this much talent should be able to overcome poor coaching. They are soft and their all-american is the poster boy for it all, as he refuses to step up and take some shots.

Bearcat
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I was being honest. Sure, you beat them fair and square. I just didn't think they looked all that impressive; I certainly wouldn't call them the favorite this year, although I guess I haven't seen anyone else that was just "terrific" either.

UF cruised through their first 6 games, so I'm sure some of it had to do with them having to kick it into gear.... Florida might not have played their A game, but it's not like KU did, either.

What worries me is (taken from what someone said in another thread), is that the number of times they've needed to lose against weaker opponents to get the point... then they have a player only meeting before the Florida game, win, and then 2 games later lose to DePaul :shake:

chiefsfan987
12-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Looks like the postgame guys answered my question. DePaul went to a zone the final 8 minutes of the game. This Kansas offense blows chunks against a zone defense. If I was opposition I'd play zone defense exclusively against KU because they are going to struggle to beat you if you do.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Come on. A team with this much talent should be able to overcome poor coaching. They are soft and their all-american is the poster boy for it all, as he refuses to step up and take some shots.

"All this talent" shouldn't be running that shiot offense. Can you imagine what kind of scoring you'd get out of this bunch from your old coach?

However, in Self's defense, his teams do seem to start slowly and gain momentum as the season goes along.

BWillie
12-02-2006, 04:00 PM
If we could get Mark Few of Gonzaga to KU. Would you be ok with firing Bill Self? I don't want Bill Self gone unless he has another blunder in the tournament, but if I knew Mark Few would take a job at KU I'd fire Self in a heartbeat if I was Lew. Look what the Zags are doing to Texas. Amazing how they do it after losing guys like Morrison and Batista. I thought they were done this year, and it seemed like most of the nation assumed they would fall off the map a little bit.

Boyceofsummer
12-02-2006, 04:04 PM
in the old days you gave everything you had during the game or you would spend all you could physically muster during practice, and dare I say, post game.

leviw
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
in the old days you gave everything you had during the game or you would spend all you could physically muster during practice, and dare I say, post game.

You also walked to and from school through two feet of snow, uphill both ways, right?

What's the point?

Zebedee DuBois
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Argh!... I didn't get to listen to the game and just got the news here.

Mentally soft.

Hopefully the Shockers will prevail against Syracuse tonight.

leviw
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM
"All this talent" shouldn't be running that shiot offense. Can you imagine what kind of scoring you'd get out of this bunch from your old coach?

However, in Self's defense, his teams do seem to start slowly and gain momentum as the season goes along.

So because K-State is struggling right now, Huggins should start running Wooly's flex in Manhattan?

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM

I hate to agree with you but I think you're right. You have to be a real dumbass to lose to all these mid majors with that kind of talent. But why didn't he do that at Tulsa and Illinois?

Braincase
12-02-2006, 04:26 PM
So because K-State is struggling right now, Huggins should start running Wooly's flex in Manhattan?

K-State isn't in his fourth year with the new coach. He's still in the binge and purge phase.

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2006, 04:28 PM
DePaul? Really?

Really?

leviw
12-02-2006, 04:28 PM
K-State isn't in his fourth year with the new coach. He's still in the binge and purge phase.

But these players have had success scoring with the flex, so wouldn't it make sense to keep that system?

Or are you saying the players should adjust to the coach? Hmmm...interesting concept.

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Not the same thing at all. KU has the horses to run nearly anyone to death but doesn't.

leviw
12-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Not the same thing at all. KU has the horses to run nearly anyone to death but doesn't.

We haven't seen them run on anybody...so how do you know they can?

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 04:42 PM
We haven't seen them run on anybody...so how do you know they can?
Because we have a lot more great athletes than mid majors can come up with. Just sheer numbers.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I hate to agree with you but I think you're right. You have to be a real dumbass to lose to all these mid majors with that kind of talent. But why didn't he do that at Tulsa and Illinois?
at tulsa and Illinios, he probably didn't have the motivational problems he has here.

he's use to lesser athletes who naturally work harder to succeed.

coaching a top recruiting program is different .... more talent,more ego.

leviw
12-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Because we have a lot more great athletes than mid majors can come up with. Just sheer numbers.

Just FYI, DePaul is not a mid-major.

So you run and gun against your lesser competition, but come Big 12 play when the athletes are the same caliber as yours, you switch it up and go to your hi-low?

Sounds conflicting to me.

KCinNY
12-02-2006, 04:56 PM
DePaul? Really?

Really?

My thoughts exactly.

Wow....just wow.

ROYC75
12-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Fug it, just line em up and blow em out. Self is starting to piss me off !

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2006, 05:06 PM

Great thought. They didn't play well in the Dorito offense, so Wooly was at least smart enough to junk it.

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM

So you run and gun against your lesser competition, but come Big 12 play when the athletes are the same caliber as yours, you switch it up and go to your hi-low?

i don't want the hi-lo at all. Run their asses. Even the Big XII teams don't have the numbers we have.

HolmeZz
12-02-2006, 05:35 PM
DePaul? Really?

Really?

DON'TCHU BE STARTIN' TROUBLE

NaptownChief
12-02-2006, 05:36 PM
KU should give Self another extension next week since it worked so well this week.

Possibly the most talented team in the country and loses to the Oral Bob's and a 2-4 DePaul team. That is good work.

Skip Towne
12-02-2006, 05:39 PM
KU should give Self another extension next week since it worked so well this week.

Possibly the most talented team in the country and loses to the Oral Bob's and a 2-4 DePaul team. That is good work.
Don't forget the two B's. Self better get his act together and quick.

HemiEd
12-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Fug it, just line em up and blow em out. Self is starting to piss me off !
You are a patient man Roy, he pissed me off the first year. IMO he will never fill Roy's shoes.

Pierce
12-02-2006, 05:59 PM
KU coaches and players need to re-examine themselves.

Brandon Rush has not lived up to his potential. Not at all. He is really struggling, and a lot of it is in his head.

KU needs another swing man who can score from anywhere on the court. A Paul Pierce-type guy. Bill Self needs to switch up the offense to fit this team as well. The hi/lo is obviously not working.

Get to work, Self. March is closer than it appears.

BWillie
12-02-2006, 06:09 PM

Yes. The reason we lost the Bucknell game is because we did not push the ball. Bucknell I think played six players that game, and forced us to become a strictly half court team executing a first year instituted painful hi-lo with ONE low post scorer. They would run the play clock out, do back-door cuts, and have their white guy shoot a three. We were a deep team then, with a ton more speed than Bucknell. All Self would of had to do was make them run, even after made baskets. Don't you remember how beautiful it was when Jacque and Kirk would take the ball after a made basket and it would become a fast break? That is how you beat teams that don't have as good of athletes as you and are six deep.

Tactical Funky
12-02-2006, 06:15 PM
We need to get an identity on offense; I know it's relatively early in the season and we'll probably get rolling during conference play, but our players are generally tentative on the offensive side of the ball because we haven't truly established our two "go-to" guys yet.

Chalmers needs to take more shots and Rush should be more of a role player at this point, IMO. Also, Arthur should be the focus of our post play instead of riding the bench so damn much. I love Wright, but he's still showing inconsistency in his play.

Is it a question of motivation? An identity crisis? Too much selflessness and no killer instinct?

I don't know...

HemiEd
12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes. The reason we lost the Bucknell game is because we did not push the ball. Bucknell I think played six players that game, and forced us to become a strictly half court team executing a first year instituted painful hi-lo with ONE low post scorer. They would run the play clock out, do back-door cuts, and have their white guy shoot a three. We were a deep team then, with a ton more speed than Bucknell. All Self would of had to do was make them run, even after made baskets. Don't you remember how beautiful it was when Jacque and Kirk would take the ball after a made basket and it would become a fast break? That is how you beat teams that don't have as good of athletes as you and are six deep.

I agree, damn that game was maddening.

The Jayhawks should be blowing these teams out, not losing.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
You clowns think you have it bad.

Today, in Wooly-esque fashion, KSU came from 15 down in the 2nd half to close it two, with 1.7 sec's left.

Colorado St had the ball and attempted to throw a long pass to one of their 7 footers. The pass sailed over everything and went out of bounds. So K-State could - with 1.7 sec's left - tie or win outright with a three.

KSU inbounds the ball to Cartier Martin, who chucks up a desperation 3. It misses ..... BUT HE IS FOULED. Goes to the line with a chance to tie or WIN if he hits all three.

Instead he misses the first. Misses the second. Then when trying to miss the 3rd on purpose, BANKS THE MF'ER IN!!!

They inbound and win.

Only in my world...

Tactical Funky
12-02-2006, 06:37 PM

Today, in Wooly-esque fashion, KSU came from 15 down in the 2nd half to close it two, with 1.7 sec's left.

Colorado St had the ball and attempted to throw a long pass to one of their 7 footers. The pass sailed over everything and went out of bounds. So K-State could - with 1.7 sec's left - tie or win outright with a three.

KSU inbounds the ball to Cartier Martin, who chucks up a desperation 3. It misses ..... BUT HE IS FOULED. Goes to the line with a chance to tie or WIN if he hits all three.

Instead he misses the first. Misses the second. Then when trying to miss the 3rd on purpose, BANKS THE MF'ER IN!!!

They inbound and win.

Only in my world...
Wow. :doh!:

I'm not sure if that makes me feel any better about KU's loss, but damn...

leviw
12-02-2006, 06:44 PM

They inbound and win.

Only in my world...

It always seems like as bad as things get for KU, you can always count on things going a step worse for K-State within the next week.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
i have been a self homer but wtf happened today? Look at WSU i think we shoulda picked up Tiergen(sp) instead of Self

leviw
12-02-2006, 07:38 PM
i have been a self homer but wtf happened today? Look at WSU i think we shoulda picked up Tiergen(sp) instead of Self

Turgeon hadn't proven much when Roy left. I don't think he was ever a serious candidate. If we only knew now....

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Turgeon hadn't proven much when Roy left. I don't think he was ever a serious candidate. If we only knew now....
self had proven himself some so what the f_ck is he doing now? did he forget how to coach? can he not handle coaching high level recruits?

leviw
12-02-2006, 07:48 PM
self had proven himself some so what the f_ck is he doing now? did he forget how to coach? can he not handle coaching high level recruits?

It'd help if his players weren't so mentally soft. I'm not sure if that his job to improve that, or that's something the players have to correct themselves.

But it will be another sad March if it's not fixed soon.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2006, 07:54 PM
he need to teach them how to shoot free throws

leviw
12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
he need to teach them how to shoot free throws

Shhhh....don't say "free throws" so loud. K-State fans are listening.

But you'd hope that a college coach wouldn't have to teach free throw technique. That should be taken care of in middle school.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
watching this team lose to teams like richmond, depaul, the b words is making me very sick to my stomach

leviw
12-02-2006, 08:08 PM
It'll be OK. Just stare at your sig for a little while.

Frazod
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Hmm... this has been a pretty amusing day for college sports..... :)

Saulbadguy
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM

They inbound and win.

Only in my world...
Yet, for some reason, i'm not worried. Huggs will get this shit fixed, he will get his own players, and these guys will play Huggs game.

Tactical Funky
12-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Hmm... this has been a pretty amusing day for college sports..... :)
Meh...

I'm trying not to read too much into KU this early in the season because we're always strong in March; it's my only solace. :deevee:

NaptownChief
12-03-2006, 09:03 AM
and these guys will play Huggs game.

What is Huggs game? Puking in the back of a squad car?

HemiEd
12-03-2006, 09:29 AM
They still hate Self up here for jilting them.

DePaul does Illinois a big favor in win

By Mike Imrem
Daily Herald Sports Columnist
Posted Sunday, December 03, 2006

Illinois’ basketball team owes DePaul one.

They danced in the streets of Lincoln Park, Champaign-Urbana and a few precincts in between Saturday. The Blue Demons were toasted at Kelly’s up here and Kam’s down here.

You see, DePaul won a big game in the Allstate Arena and in the process did Illinois’ dirty work.

The Demons beat Bill Self.

Actually, DePaul fairly embarrassed him and his Kansas team, considering the Demons came in with a 2-4 record that included a 49-39 loss to Northwestern.

DePaul played as badly as it could for about 30 minutes, then rallied for a 64-57 victory over the helpless Jayhawks.

Kansas had defeated defending NCAA champion Florida a week ago. The Jayhawks were ranked fifth nationally. They have more McDonald’s All-Americans than McDonald’s has hamburgers.

Meanwhile, DePaul still must be characterized as a work in progress during the second year of head coach Jerry Wainwright’s rebuilding program.

Yet Wainwright’s Demons dominated Self’s Jayhawks down the stretch, dare we say appearing better coached?

Self looked how Illini fans like to perceive him now: Great recruiter, mediocre game coach.

How comforting to Illinois fans everywhere, who still feel jilted in the fourth season after Self abandoned them for Kansas.

“I love Chicago, since I was in Champaign,” Self said following the loss. “I know a lot of people up here don’t love me.

Later he would add, “I was joking. That stuff’s over. At least I hope it is.”

Perhaps the wounds have faded into scars, but it likely won’t be over until Illinois itself inflicts a loss upon a Self-coached team. For now, the Demons’ improbable victory will have to do.

And Wainwright did the deed despite being highly complimentary of Self.

“I’m privileged to have a personal and professional relationship with Bill Self,” Wainwright said. “He’s a terrific coach and has a wonderful team. He’s a good guy.”

Coach, you are aware a lot of people up here disagree?

With that, Wainwright began explaining the reason college coaches move from school to school. He should know, having gone from UNC-Wilmington to Richmond to DePaul this decade.

Wainwright, a Chicago native, said, “The goal is to end your career playing for a national championship.”

Then, he quipped, there are only two good places to coach: One is an orphanage because there aren’t any parents to deal with and the other is a prison because there aren’t any alumni to deal with.

Anyway, if Self’s motivation for leaving Champaign was to contend for an NCAA title, he does have a better opportunity at Kansas.

Heck, the Jayhawks’ fabled program allows Self to outrecruit even Illinois in the Chicago area. Playing DePaul here gave two of his high-profile players the chance to play a game at home.

“We want to recruit here,” Self said.

So if possible, Kansas will come back to Chicago to play DePaul, Northwestern or perhaps UIC.

Hey, how about scheduling a December game in the United Center against a certain school about 125 miles south of the Loop?

The Allstate Arena crowd of 16,922 created an electric atmosphere. Just imagine what the United Center would be like if Kansas’ opponent was Illinois.

No, don’t, because the Illini aren’t about to give Self the satisfaction of a game.

That makes DePaul’s victory as close as Illinois will get to beating him for a while.

mimrem@dailyherald.com

Saulbadguy
12-03-2006, 09:51 AM
What is Huggs game? Puking in the back of a squad car?
Kelvin Sampson. LMAO

Mr. Laz
12-03-2006, 10:07 AM
It'd help if his players weren't so mentally soft. I'm not sure if that his job to improve that, or that's something the players have to correct themselves.

But it will be another sad March if it's not fixed soon.
imo mental toughness,discipline and focus are all the Job points of the Coach.

DaWolf
12-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Once again, lack of leadership is the culprit. Brandon Rush will never be a star...

duncan_idaho
12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow... this has to be as close to sorry as I can feel for kU fans.

A Rush? Mentally soft? Shying from contact? Not stepping up and being a leader when it counts?

Surely you jest...

I know all too well the disappointment that comes when your team's most talented player is a Rush...

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh shut up. Florida won the national championship last year and has everybody back, I mean everybody. We beat them fair and square. The sad thing is we have the most talented team in the country and we lose games like this. No excuse for two of them. Oral Roberts at home I can live with if it happens once as an abberation, but not 2-4 Depaul who wasn't even supposed to be good this year. I can handle losing games to Texas, Texas AM, even maybe USC. But not these games.Florida State: 70
Florida: 66

BWillie
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Florida State: 70
Florida: 66

Ahh why'd you have to bump this thread. It was an in-state rivalry, what do you expect. It's college basketball, you can be the best team in the country, lose six or seven games in a year. It's early. I forgot what I was going to say..

oh yeah

Blow me