PDA

View Full Version : Edwards #6 in Coach Approval ratings

CupidStunt
12-03-2006, 06:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

1 - Payton: doing a fine job with the team which picked #2 overall last year.

2 - Parcells: too high IMO but doing a nice job with the Cowboys and made a solid switch at QB.

3 - Mangini: again too high IMO but has kept the Jets in the wildcard hunt.

4 - Lewis: WAY too high IMO. Flat out. His defense stinks and they'd be nowhere without the playmakers they have on offense. I don't buy this guy at all.

5 - Dungy: yet again I believe this is too high. Another "defensive guru" coaching a team with a horrible defense and relies solely on its franchise QB (who was there before the coach).

6 - Edwards: kept his injury-riddled team fighting and in the thick of the playoffs.

7 - Fisher: probably a little high on the back of some impressive comebacks, but he's doing a good job with a young team.

8 - Belichick: can't really argue it. Both sides of the ball playing well.

9 - Holmgren: um?

10 - Jauron: um? At 5-6 they're better than expected, but still...

oaklandhater
12-03-2006, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=lj4mvp]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

5 - Dungy: yet again I believe this is too high. Another "defensive guru" coaching a team with a horrible defense and relies solely on its franchise QB (who was there before the coach).

I disagree with you on the dungy pick they Can do something the chiefs Rarely ever did hold a decent offense to under 30 points.

banyon
12-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Who's #32?

Gotta Be Art Shell, right?

*edit* followed the link, Jim Fassel? That team could still make the playoffs.

Shell is somehow ahead of Bill Cowher who is not even a year removed from a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

mylittlepony
12-03-2006, 08:21 AM
I also feel Dungy is doing a good job. One of the hardest things for a coach is motivate his guys to play every game and every team tough. He is going to his second AFC crown, they dont slip up and I think Dungy is a big part in that.

milkman
12-03-2006, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=lj4mvp]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

I disagree with you on the dungy pick they Can do something the chiefs Rarely ever did hold a decent offense to under 30 points.

Dungy was brought in to fix the defense, and they have improved only slightly, if at all, since he was hired.

The dumbass doesn't touch the offense.
If he did, Manningina might kick him to the curb.

boogblaster
12-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Herm is doing the best he can with what he's got....think you'll see the O. open up more as the season goes on.....

StcChief
12-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Herm is doing the best he can with what he's got....think you'll see the O. open up more as the season goes on.....

Overall Herm has done very well considering the injuries/retirements....
IF Chiefs end up winning Division, he's coach of the year. IMO

Dungy still hasn't fixed the Colts D...He's a D guy too.????

Bearcat
12-03-2006, 09:40 AM
We're fickle.

Kerberos
12-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Who's #32?

Gotta Be Art Shell, right?

*edit* followed the link, Jim Fassel? That team could still make the playoffs.

Shell is somehow ahead of Bill Cowher who is not even a year removed from a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Tom Coughlin.

Heh.... Big Surprise there. :rolleyes:

Direckshun
12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
That link sucks.

Those approval ratings fluctuate sometimes 40 percentage points from week to week based on whether the team has won or lost. It doesn't matter if your team has won three straight before the loss -- one loss, against anybody, and that's it. You're hit.

I'm already sick of this in power rankings from Dr. Z, Peter King, and Fox Sports (not to mention the BCS): just because a team loses doesn't mean its that much weaker. It's just a loss.

Edit: Now, if it were consistent ugly losses, I would understand. But Herm Edwards guided us through San Diego, Seattle, and St. Louis with three consecutive wins. Then we lose in Miami, and all of a sudden he's got a 46% approval rating. Again, that's garbage. You don't throw a HC under the bus after one lousy loss.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
We're fickle.
he's at 90% .... how is that fickle

btw you can vote still

DaWolf
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Let's just hope we don't pull a Miami today...

Bearcat
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
That link sucks.

Those approval ratings fluctuate sometimes 40 percentage points from week to week based on whether the team has won or lost. It doesn't matter if your team has won three straight before the loss -- one loss, against anybody, and that's it. You're hit.

It's not ESPN approval ratings, it's the votes by fans...

Laz, it's fickle because a lot of the other teams have a pretty straight approve/disapprove... the Chiefs, OTOH, jump from 30% to 70% after a win and drop back to 30% after a loss. It did that all of last year, too. I can understand how ours was low and jumped at the beginning of the season, because he was a new coach so 0-2 hurt.... but it climbed way up and one loss, it took a dive.

Again, that's garbage. You don't throw a HC under the bus after one lousy loss.

Totally agree.

Thig Lyfe
12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Let's just hope we don't pull a Miami today...

Oops.

Predarat
12-04-2006, 11:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach?coachId=9

lol hes down to 24 now!

NaptownChief
12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
He is a nice solid 38% now.