PDA

View Full Version : This Team's Spirit

FAX
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Will this break it?

There are good reasons for this loss to become the straw that breaks the back of the 2006 Chiefs' confidence. I can see this game causing the players to lose faith in their coaches and vice versa. Particularly on defense. We fought through significant off-season surprises and even more serious injuries to get to this point only to perform a late-term abortion on our playoff chances.

Herm's held it together but it's clear we have to win out at this point and it would take one heck of an effort to do that. This is a game that has implosion written all over it. We just gave up a 14 point 4th quarter lead to the Browns. It really doesn't get much worse than that. It really makes a player wonder if he's working with people who can win when they have to.

This is the same old story. Trent and the offense give the defense a two possession lead and we blow it. It's really too bad that suck only counts in vacuums and oral sex.

FAX

DMAC
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Let's just hope none of them read this board.

Bob Dole
What spirit?

The one this team has at home, or the one it leaves at home when it goes on the road?

Demonpenz
This team has no spirit no soul. They are just waiting for the new jay-z video to drop so they can get paid. embarrassing, sad, and stupid.

Demonpenz
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
As a person that was a physical hockey, football, and at times baseball player. It's sad that there isn't much heart or guts. terrible

Deberg_1990
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
We are an AVERAGE football team. The cozy confines of Arrowhead mask alot of mistakes and average players.

We are exposed for what we truly are on the road.

I think perhaps our expectations for this team are way overrated after our big Arrowhead wins.

Easy 6
12-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I dont see how we rebound, this was just beyond words. I give a damn if we beat the baltimore thugs..i wont get all hyped about it.

We will have to win out to see the playoffs and even if that happens, any D that bends over for cleveland like that will not go far.

I was bamboozled into thinking we were legit, its easily the angriest i have been with the team all year.

Demonpenz
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
to my credit i called out the draft picks when they were. I knew they are 8-8 i am just sad that in a week when people risked their lives trying to get work our asses couldn't get out of the escalade

Katie
12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
We'll see now what this team is really made of. To get beat on the road to an inferior team...ugh! Play offs or not, they need to show some heart and determination the rest of the year. The play today of this defense is totally disheartning.

StcChief
12-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Bad loss to a bad AFC team gets us nowhere but
mid round draft pick.

noa
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
If this team had any pride, we could have stopped a backup QB from owning us with his backup RB and backup TE.

FAX
12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Great job by the offense today. Totally wasted. Just like the pre-Herm days. If I was on offense, I would make sure the defense sits in the back of the bus. And check Gun as baggage.

This game was won and done in the 4th quarter. We had a two touchdown lead, the Brown's backup QB was playing, and all we had to do is stop the worst offense in the NFL.

I just see this as having the potential to rip a gaping hole in the cohesion of the team.

FAX

greg63
12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Will this break it?...
FAX

Yes.

stevieray
12-03-2006, 04:11 PM
No wonder we got Ty Law.

greg63
12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Let's just hope none of them read this board.

I hope every last single one of them do.

siberian khatru
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I know all these December road losses have broken my spirit.

16 years, four head coaches ... same old shit. You can see it coming, every year, can POINT to the games you know are going to bite us, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

stevieray
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
I know all these December road losses have broken my spirit.

16 years, four head coaches ... same old shit. You can see it coming, every year, can POINT to the games you know are going to bite us, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

exposed in the opening drive.

wolfpack0735
12-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Great job by the offense today. Totally wasted. Just like the pre-Herm days. If I was on offense, I would make sure the defense sits in the back of the bus. And check Gun as baggage.

This game was won and done in the 4th quarter. We had a two touchdown lead, the Brown's backup QB was playing, and all we had to do is stop the worst offense in the NFL.

I just see this as having the potential to rip a gaping hole in the cohesion of the team.

FAX
the defense dosn`t care. the have been sitting at the back of the bus for the last three years,they are use to it.

the Talking Can
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
I hope Trent Green murders Gunther.

He should. Gun has wasted his career.

old_geezer
12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
"Coach, what do you think of the Defenses' execution today?"

Coach: "I'm all for it."

(with apologies to John McKay of the equally inept TB Bucs)

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 04:55 PM
This loss is hard to take but if we had made the playoffs we would have just pissed down our leg like we did today This team doesn't have a killer instinct. I blame the coaches.

greg63
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
This loss is hard to take but if we had made the playoffs we would have just pissed down our leg like we did today This team doesn't have a killer instinct. I blame the coaches.

Exactly.

milkman
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I hope every last single one of them do.

Why?

They already shown their pussies.

I don't want them to cry when they get their itty bitty pussy feelings hurt.

greg63
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Why?

They already shown their pussies.

I don't want them to cry when they get their itty bitty pussy feelings hurt.

Good point.

Chiefnj
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Overall the offense did a great job. I do however question the playcalling late in the game. When it was 28-21 the Chiefs called two runs to the right side behind Turley. It was obvious Turley was getting manhandled and LJ had no room whatsoever running to that side. Cross even mentioned it after the first run. I'm kind of baffled why Solari called two plays in a row to the weakest offensive lineman. It set up a bad 3rd and long.

BigRedChief
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Like Peter King's comment in MMQB this am in SI.com....He thinks that the Chiefs like the cocoon of Arrowhead too much.

Maybe they and we as fans think too highly of the team because of their performances inside of Arrowhead and its fans?