PDA

View Full Version : As soon as Derek Anderson came into the game...

Otis99
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I knew we were going to lose.

Call me crazy, but it seems like every time we knock a team's starting quarterback out of the game, the backup comes in and torches us. The one I am thinking of off the top of my head is last year with JP Losman in Buffalo, but I know it's happened more than that. Like, over the years we have faired very poorly against backup quarterbacks.

plbrdude
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
it's a curse

Mecca
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Our players are to stupid to know anything about the backup QB, apparently unless they specifically gameplan for someone they know nothing.

Direckshun
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I knew we were going to lose.
This stuff is a hell of a lot more convincing when you say it *when* the guy comes in.

If you say it after the Browns win you come across as petty and dumb.

So stop being petty and dumb.

KCFalcon59
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Frye was eating us alive while he was in the game. It didn't matter. We suck and made these guys look good.

Ultra Peanut
12-03-2006, 07:08 PM
As soon as Derek Anderson came into the game... arc got very nervous!

Like, over the years we have faired (sic) very poorly against <strike>backup</strike> quarterbacks.FYP

Hammock Parties
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Anderson didn't really do anything amazing. We just missed tackles and got suckered into stupid plays like that shovel pass. That was a HUGE play.

Otis99
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
This stuff is a hell of a lot more convincing when you say it *when* the guy comes in.

I was saying it *when* the guy came in, while I was sitting on the couch watching the game with my friends. I wasn't going to run up to my computer, log onto ChiefsPlanet, and post something then because I was busy watching the game.

Guess you'll just have to take my word for it. As soon as they made a QB change, I turned to the guy next to me and said "we are going to lose this game".

Redcoats58
12-03-2006, 07:15 PM
As soon as they made a QB change, I turned to the guy next to me and said "we are going to lose this game".

Welcome to Chief fandom, I must have said it 5 or 6 times to the wife. Let me see... when the defense couldn't stop anyone... when the back-up QB came in.... and I believe 3 times when we were going into overtime, even when we won the toss.

Rain Man
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I've recognized this curse, too. The worse the quarterback, the better they play against us. It always seems to happen.

Bowser
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I've recognized this curse, too. The worse the quarterback, the better they play against us. It always seems to happen.

Yep. Because of the Chiefs, Kelly Holcomb is a pretty rich guy.

bkkcoh
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I think it is difficult to prepare for a QB for an entire week and then all of a sudden, they knock the starting QB out and the back up comes in.

Their is a different attitude when the back up comes in. When that happens, the defense needs to have a killer attitude against him. And that didn't happen successfully. How long did it take for KC to get a sack.

Granted, it seemed like Hali was held on quite a few plays that weren't called, it would have made a hige difference in the game. There was a couple of none calls on defensive pass interference, especially on Dante.

What a joke!!!!!

Reerun_KC
12-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Yep. Because of the Chiefs, Kelly Holcomb is a pretty rich guy.

Since 1998 we have made alot of scrub QB's very very rich...

We are the Career Day Defense and that is something the Chiefs hold dear to them.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I honestly had never heard of Derrick Anderson before today, and i watch alot of football. Had anyone else ever heard of this guy?

trndobrd
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I had the same feeling that it was all over....except it was when cRyan Sims came in the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM

Sometimes, I hate it when I'm right:

From the game thread....

Anderson better not go Holcumb on us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I honestly had never heard of Derrick Anderson before today, and i watch alot of football. Had anyone else ever heard of this guy?

He was a decent shooting guard for a Blazers a few years ago...just signed with the Bobcats. A Kentucky product, IIRC. :shrug:

BWillie
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Can someone tell me why Gun didn't blitz Anderson more..or if really any that I recall? It is like we just sat back and said ok we are up 28-14, lets just let them move down the field at will and hope they won't score twice before the game is over. I really think Anderson would of shit himself a few times if we would of railed him more. Look at that one play where we sent Key Fox in, Anderson didn't even look over and got whacked...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Can someone tell me why Gun didn't blitz Anderson more..or if really any that I recall? It is like we just sat back and said ok we are up 28-14, lets just let them move down the field at will and hope they won't score twice before the game is over. I really think Anderson would of shit himself a few times if we would of railed him more. Look at that one play where we sent Key Fox in, Anderson didn't even look over and got whacked...

Enter 'maque to say we blitzed 40% of the time....

htismaqe
12-03-2006, 11:04 PM

I sat down to watch it again, and I can't...we blitzed alot today, just like we always do - ineffectively.

But I'll concede because I'm not watching that ****ing game again.

alanm
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Everyone knows about him now. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

BWillie
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I sat down to watch it again, and I can't...we blitzed alot today, just like we always do - ineffectively.

It must of happened to only happen when they ran the ball, cuz I just don't remember it too much.

htismaqe
12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
It must of happened to only happen when they ran the ball, cuz I just don't remember it too much.

That's the thing, alot of times you don't even realize we're blitzing because the blitzes are SO BAD. I've never seen a team that misses more tackles in the backfield on blitzes...

alanm
12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
That's the thing, alot of times you don't even realize we're blitzing because the blitzes are SO BAD. I've never seen a team that misses more tackles in the backfield on blitzes...
Maybe the Huskers yesterday. :deevee: :banghead:

Chiefnj
12-03-2006, 11:44 PM

The Chiefs abandoned the blitz at around the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter. They got burned bad on the long shovel pass (where they telegraphed the blitz) and then didn't blitz again the entire quarter. (I believe the next time they did blitz was the Fox sack in OT).

The play right before the shovel pass is funny, because it is an example of a horrible blitz. Law comes off the corner and just dances instead of making contact with the HB.

They clearly weren't getting pressure with the front 4 but Gun tried to play it safe and make the Browns earn the yards. They did so easily without any pressure.

It's clear that Hali has hit the rookie wall and the interior DL, for the 9th straight year, can't collapse the pocket.

Frosty
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
As soon as Derek Anderson came into the game... arc got very nervous!

I did. DA is a great QB if he has time. I wish I had Gunther's cell number because, after watching DA for 3+ years, I could have told him that DA tends to fold under pressure. Hit him a few times and the rush gets into his head; he will start doing really stupid things (at least at OSU he did that. The Browns might have fixed it).

You should have heard of him. I lobbied hard on here before the draft a couple of years ago for the Chiefs to draft him as their QBOTF. DA has tons of talent (he either owned or was second behind Elway a lot of PAC-10 passing records when he left OSU). He just needed a couple of years of seasoning on the bench. The running he did just amazed me as that was never part of his game as OSU. He would try to run and then trip over his size 17 feet.

The Oregon State alumni part of me is thrilled that DA finally got a chance in the NFL and did well. The Chiefs fan part of me is pissed as hell that it was against the Chiefs. :#

Ultra Peanut
12-04-2006, 01:58 PM
The Oregon State alumni part of me is thrilled that DA finally got a chance in the NFL and did well. The Chiefs fan part of me is pissed as hell that it was against the Chiefs. :#Better him than some shmuck you've never heard of, right?

Dartgod
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Since 1998 we have made alot of scrub QB's very very rich...

We are the Career Day Defense and that is something the Chiefs hold dear to them.
This is known throughout the NFL as the "Scott Mitchell Syndrome".

Sure-Oz
12-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Any QB in the NFL given time can look good. Anderson may just have gotten his only career win right there hehe

Radar Chief
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Don’t know ‘bout “40%”, but I saw lots of blitzing that just didn’t get there.

Rain Man
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM

If I had film of this game, I'd burn it.

ZepSinger
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM

No- and the only way you'll hear about him in the future is if Cleveland plays the Chiefs again. :banghead:

Z