PDA

View Full Version : Marty wins on the road.........again

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
While we stutter and stumble, Marty just gets it done. I am now a Charger fan for the rest of this season. Yeah, I'm a quitter and a fair weather fan but I have endured 37 years of this shit and that is all I'm willing to do. Marty might not win in the playoffs but he damn well GETS THERE. The Chiefs don't. Does anybody know where the best Charger board is?

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Don't be a whore and pull for an AFC team.

Go Saints.

Saulbadguy
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
37 years, hahahaha.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Get your fairweather bandwagon ass outta here, then. We don't need your weak sauce fandom.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
37 years, hahahaha.
1969 - 2006 = 37 years

Saulbadguy
12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
1969 - 2006 = 37 years
It's funny that you have suffered that long.

HemiEd
12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
'bye Skip.

We got on the bandwagon the same year, I am going to hang around a while.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
'bye Skip.

We got on the bandwagon the same year, I am going to hang around a while.
Actually I got on in 1963 but I was rewarded in 1969 so that is where I am counting from.

jjjayb
12-03-2006, 07:47 PM
While we stutter and stumble, Marty just gets it done. I am now a Charger fan for the rest of this season. Yeah, I'm a quitter and a fair weather fan but I have endured 37 years of this shit and that is all I'm willing to do. Marty might not win in the playoffs but he damn well GETS THERE. The Chiefs don't. Does anybody know where the best Charger board is?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out jackass.

HemiEd
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Actually I got on in 1963 but I was rewarded in 1969 so that is where I am counting from.

I started paying slight attention after SBI but actually started following them after watching the SB IV win. So I truly am a Bandwagon fan, it has been a long ride.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I started paying slight attention after SBI but actually started following them after watching the SB IV win. So I truly am a Bandwagon fan, it has been a long ride.
You have more patience than I do. 37 years is enough for me.

blueballs
12-03-2006, 08:02 PM
but aren't all SD fans transients

KcMizzou
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
:shake:

chiefs4me
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
1969 - 2006 = 37 years

you know what makes me smile at that number instead of cringing...it took the donkeys exactly "37" years to get to their first SB.........:D

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
you know what makes me smile at that number instead of cringing...it took the donkeys exactly "37" years to get to their first SB.........:D
How did you come up with that nugget?

HemiEd
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
You have more patience than I do. 37 years is enough for me.

You should probably finish out the year and become a free agent.

DaWolf
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Don't try climbing back on the bandwagon when the Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl and the Chargers are back in the basement...

Brock
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
See ya.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Don't try climbing back on the bandwagon when the Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl and the Chargers are back in the basement...
Chiefs winning the SB.....Hahahahahahaha. I've swallowed all of that crap I'm going to. You keep hanging on...........sucker.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I still need a link to the best Charger board. I'm anxious to meet my new friends.

Nzoner
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Personally,if the Chiefs can't get it done I'd love to see Marty finally get a ring,if for nothing else I think it'd be a FOCK YOU to Carl.

Yes and for the record I don't buy that shit it was ever Marty's decision to start Grbac over Gannon.

Redcoats58
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Thank God, you may be the reason why this team sucks. You have jinxed this team for almost 4 decades!

chiefs4me
12-03-2006, 08:54 PM
How did you come up with that nugget?

so I lied,(but it made me feel better) it's 31 or 32 years....I was pissed, I have no excuse except that I am a chiefs fan......:banghead:

chiefs4me
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I still need a link to the best Charger board. I'm anxious to meet my new friends.

just go to yahoo and type in official san diego chargers board......you should get plenty of results...

milkman
12-03-2006, 08:59 PM

I'd be willing to bet that BandwagonFans.com would work.

Skip Towne
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I'd be willing to bet that BandwagonFans.com would work.
I'm still hoping that other Charger fan will come and lead me home.

el borracho
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Here is a board that probably interests most Charger fans: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/408582.html

"Oke dit was niet mijn board maar die van mij was ook erg groot en het was niet makkelijk om mee te lopen"

Otter
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
To be honest Skip, I'd tell the Chiefs to **** themselves too but it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm hanging on the hope that Carl Peterson is almost done and Herm seems to be steering the shp in the right direction.

**** YOU CARL TAKE A LONG WALK OFF SHORT BRIDGE!

Dirtball
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Here is a good one. 1400 people currently viewing.

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=9

JBucc
12-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Skip isn't going to another board. That would mean he'd have to start over with 0 posts. By the time he got to call people n00bs he'd be dead.

Chiefnj
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Why are people calling Skip a bandwagon fan? Doesn't a bandwagon root for a team when that team is already established and winning? Anyone who has been a Chief fan for the last 30 years didn't jump on a winning bandwagon. You jumped on a hunk of crap that breaks down and breaks your heart every year just when you think it might run right. Chief fans can't be bandwagon fans. Chief fans are just idiotic gluttons for punishment. There is no other way to explain the last 36 years of futility.

Sure, the 4 Charger fans in existence can call Skip a bandwagon fan, but they probably welcome a new fan with open arms - all 8 of them.

mikey23545
12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
What makes you think he's alive now?

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Marty has a GM who has a CLUE about building a championship-caliber team, especially via the draft.

ChiTown
12-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Skip

I agree with the premise of your post. Marty wins games. However, his playoff record is not good at all. So, he'll choke soon enough. I never thought the Chiefs would do much better than 9 wins this year - seriously. They don't have enough difference makers on either side of the ball.

When you fail to register a win against a team that has only won 2 games in the month of December since 1999, there's a problem. When one of the worst offenses in the league gets 438 yards with primarily their backup against your D, there's a problem. When your ace RB goes less than 4 yds per carry against a mediocre Browns run D, there's a problem. And, if you can't beat a FLOUNDERING 3 win team on the road, there's an even bigger problem. It's called being the KC Chiefs.

They are a teaser organization. It's like constantly dating a hot girl that gives you nothing but a handjob, and doesn't even have the courtesy to finish you off. The pathetic thing is, I've stopped getting so angry with the Chiefs. I've come to expect disappointment, letdown and overall mediocrity. It's what Carl Peterson has built, and what he's conditioned the fans into accepting. My only hope is that Herm Edwards can outlast that flaming bag of crap that guides our Organization (CP).

Skip Towne
12-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Skip

I agree with the premise of your post. Marty wins games. However, his playoff record is not good at all. So, he'll choke soon enough. I never thought the Chiefs would do much better than 9 wins this year - seriously. They don't have enough difference makers on either side of the ball.

When you fail to register a win against a team that has only won 2 games in the month of December since 1999, there's a problem. When one of the worst offenses in the league gets 438 yards with primarily their backup against your D, there's a problem. When your ace RB goes less than 4 yds per carry against a mediocre Browns run D, there's a problem. And, if you can't beat a FLOUNDERING 3 win team on the road, there's an even bigger problem. It's called being the KC Chiefs.

They are a teaser organization. It's like constantly dating a hot girl that gives you nothing but a handjob, and doesn't even have the courtesy to finish you off. The pathetic thing is, I've stopped getting so angry with the Chiefs. I've come to expect disappointment, letdown and overall mediocrity. It's what Carl Peterson has built, and what he's conditioned the fans into accepting. My only hope is that Herm Edwards can outlast that flaming bag of crap that guides our Organization (CP).
You have pretty much summed up the way I feel about the Chiefs. I was hoping I would feel differently about it after sleeping on it but I don't. I'm sure I can never love another team like I do the Chiefs but I want to go to the playoffs dammit. Yeah, Marty will probably fold up early but I have seen changes in him since he left here so I'm going to go with him. That Merriman is something ain't he?

StcChief
12-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Even with Marty's talent on Bolts...he will F up. It's what he does well in Playoffs.