Sammy Knight
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris Bober

HonestChieffan
12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Herm.

Very Simple. Let Carl pack his crap too.

Dante can drive the van. Sims can lift the big stuff.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Eric Hicks
Kendrell Bell
Dee Brown
Kyle Turley
Dante Hall
Sammy Knight
Ryan Sims
Greg Wesley (might as well)
Lenny Walls

wow I just looked up and realized I pretty much just copied your list, so I'll stop...I think we get the point.

plbrdude
12-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Herm.

sims will get hurt. let hicks lift the big stuff

King_Chief_Fan
12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Let the whole fuggin team move to L.A.

BigRedChief
12-04-2006, 08:12 AM
My list of players I'd rather not see next year wearing the Red and Gold:
Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley
Dee Brown
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Stephen Williams
Sammy Knight
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris BoberForgot one....Benny Sapp

Easy 6
12-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I'll keep Knight for depth.

I havent seen enough of Williams to let him go yet.

Other than that, the list works for me.

boogblaster
12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Hard to kick everyone to the curb..we do need some D. starters, but first, who ever we get, needs more HEART..........

Dr. Van Halen
12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I thought Lenny Walls has had some good games.

Dante Hall returned a kick for touchdown this year, which is more than most returners can say.

I want to see Sammy Knight in red and gold, I just would rather he be there to teach the young kids some more (rather than start).

Look, we didn't lose because of the play of individuals -- this was a massive coaching failure.

the Talking Can
12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
on defense keep DJ, Hali, Allen, Reed, and uh..uh...uh...thats it

once again our D is a total ****ing wasteland

Hootie
12-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I thought Lenny Walls has had some good games.

Dante Hall returned a kick for touchdown this year, which is more than most returners can say.

I want to see Sammy Knight in red and gold, I just would rather he be there to teach the young kids some more (rather than start).

Look, we didn't lose because of the play of individuals -- this was a massive coaching failure.
I'd take a start at the 30 yard line on every kick return over ONE touchdown (in a game we were winning by 34) any day of the week..

Reerun_KC
12-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Herm.

I agree with you on this one. Just think, if we didnt have to have another Carl "Yes Man" we could of went after Sean Peyton...

Look what he has done with the Saints.. But no we have to hire some "Marty Clone" reject from NYJ and give up a draft pick for him...

Thanks for the memories Carl, but you suck ass. Please leave!

kc rush
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Easier to do it this way:

Ryan Sims - Don't let the door hit ya
Kendrell Bell - See ya
Dante Hall - Bye
Kyle Turley - Keep as a back-up
Dee Brown - Keep into camp unless you can find a better special teams player.
Derrick Ross - Same as Brown
Lenny Walls - OK Nickle. If you can find someone better, great.
Stephen Williams - Jury is out.
Sammy Knight - Still knows how to tackle. Cut him only if the youngsters surpass him or if his salary can be used to bring in better players.
Eric Hicks - Good riddance
William Bartee - Don't let the ball hit you in the back of the head on the way out.
Greg Wesley - Has played much better this year, but at what value? No problems cutting him.
Chris Bober - Depth, but not worth the cost. Bye.

Also, I'd add Sampson to the list since he can't stay healthy.

StcChief
12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Kyle Turley
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris Bober

ChiTown
12-04-2006, 08:52 AM
If anyone's list doesn't start with Goonther Cuntingham first, it should be labled FLAWED.

HonestChieffan
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
If anyone's list doesn't start with Goonther Cuntingham first, it should be labled FLAWED.

Id challenge that....Guntherrs didnt just suddenly get stupid. He is doing what his head coach has told him to do. Hermness sees hisownbadself as a Defensive Coach. So, get off Guns ass. The Gun we all know would have blitzed that kid over and over. Hemness is cover2 baby.

Out the Herm.

whoppy
12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
gunther / no reason needed

tw law / who lost a cple of games 4 us singlehandedly

mitchell / who is an inconsistant tackler @ best

hicks / embarressment

sampson / my grandma is more healthy

dante / unfortunately we cant get shit for him now + he is 5'7'

ohyeah cant forget sapp

Mr. Kotter
12-04-2006, 09:13 AM
The only reason any of those players should be on our squad next year is strictly for depth.

If any of them are on our starting rosters, with the exception of maybe Dante, then we are doomed to yet another season of this same bullshit.

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I'll list the players I want to see as Chiefs next season. If their name isn't on the list, I either don't care either way or want to see them gone.

QB- Croyle, Printers
RB- LJ, Bennett
TE- Wilson, Dunn, Gonzalez
WR- Webb, Kennison
OL- Black, Waters
DL- Allen, Hali, Wilkerson (decent backup), Steve Williams
LB- Fox, DJ, Grigsby
CB- Maxey, Sapp
S- Pollard, Page, Knight
K- Tynes
P- Colquitt

Could give two shits about anyone else... unless I'm forgetting someone. Guys like Green and Shields don't make the list because they're either going to retire or will just keep us barely above water for another year - we don't need that.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I'll list the players I want to see as Chiefs next season. If their name isn't on the list, I either don't care either way or want to see them gone.

QB- Croyle, Printers
RB- LJ, Bennett
WR- Webb, Kennison
OL- Black, Waters
LB- Fox, DJ, Grigsby
CB- Maxey, Sapp
S- Pollard, Page, Knight
K- Tynes
P- Colquitt

Could give two shits about anyone else... unless I'm forgetting someone. Guys like Green and Shields don't make the list because they're either going to retire or will just keep us barely above water for another year - we don't need that.

You listed like, 15 guys...so we're going to go out and sign 45 new guys this offseason?

Gotcha.

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
You listed like, 15 guys...so we're going to go out and sign 45 new guys this offseason?

If that's what it takes, so be it.

I'm not going to list guys I want to see as Chiefs whom have yet to show us ANYTHING, i.e. young guys on the OL; guys like Niswanger, etc. They'll make the roster and that's fine; but I don't exactly "want" to see them.

The guys listed I believe are key contributors now, for the future or both. Anyone not listed is either done, very close to done, worthless or very unproven. In most cases worthless.

bringbackmarty
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
It seems like Dante doesn't do much for us anymore, but it bet it's priefer as much as it is him. I'm not seeing many lanes for the lil guy.

Sampson, Hicks, Sims, Wesley, Maybe Tynes. Bober, although we will need some guards & tkls bad next year.

with our luck, green will retire, and l.j. will quit, or be traded.

Frankie
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley
Dee Brown
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Stephen Williams
Sammy Knight
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris BoberI would take Derrick Ross Greg Wesley out of your list and get rid of the rest of them. Ross because I have a feeling he'll at least be a Samkon Gado and Wesley with the stipulation that he might be relegated to depth. I might try to still convert Turley into a TE. I don't think he'll ever be an OT again.

Archie Bunker
12-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Gun
Hicks
Sims
Bell
Mitchell
Fox
Knight
Wesley
Sapp
Walls
Turley
Parker
Hall
Gardner

Lzen
12-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley
Dee Brown
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Stephen Williams
Sammy Knight
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris Bober

I would agree with this list with a couple exceptions. I would keep Bober and Williams if they didn't cost too much.

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I don't really see what Sapp has done wrong. He's the only DB on our roster I haven't seen lit up this season... granted, he hasn't played a lot, which'd be all the more reason to keep him and allow him to improve on what I thought was a solid 2005 campaign.

And Steve Williams? Dude has played well, and making the peanuts he is, should definitely warrant a roster spot. It's not like the guys in front of him are even NFL-caliber starters.

ChiTown
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Id challenge that....Guntherrs didnt just suddenly get stupid. He is doing what his head coach has told him to do. Hermness sees hisownbadself as a Defensive Coach. So, get off Guns ass. The Gun we all know would have blitzed that kid over and over. Hemness is cover2 baby.

Out the Herm.

You're right. Gun has always been "stoopid" and worthless. Good point.

ct
12-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Gun, gotta be 1st to go.
Peterson, I'm ready to start over, entirely over!!
Herm, you should go with him. I hate the cover2!

Wesley
Bell
Turley
Sims
Law

ct
12-04-2006, 10:05 AM

Totally agree!!

Lzen
12-04-2006, 10:08 AM
After watching that miserable performance yesterday, I don't see how anyone can not blame Gun for piss poor coaching. It's like somebody cut off his balls. If he allowed that to happen then he needs to go and we need to get someone who can make the right calls at the right times.

el borracho
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Why would anyone be ready to cut Derrick Ross? We haven't even seen him, yet.

ct
12-04-2006, 10:18 AM

QB- Croyle, Printers
RB- LJ, Bennett
WR- Webb, Kennison
OL- Black, Waters
LB- Fox, DJ, Grigsby
CB- Maxey, Sapp
S- Pollard, Page, Knight
K- Tynes
P- Colquitt

This is probably a better idea, list who should be retained.

QB- Green, Croyle
RB- LJ, Bennett, Ross, Cruz(FB)
TE- Wilson, Dunn, Gonzalez, Gammon
WR- Webb, Kennison, Hall
OL- Waters, Wiegman, Black, Svitek, Niswanger(whatever his name is), Stallings
DL- Allen, Hali, Wilkerson (decent backup), Steve Williams, Edwards
LB- DJ, Mitchell, Fox, Scanlon, Grigsby
CB- Surtain, Maxey
S- Pollard, Page, Knight
K- Tynes
P- Colquitt

That leaves the CB, O-LIne and D-Line very very thin. Top 3 picks next year should be OT/DT in R1&2, either order depending on BPA, and CB/WR R3. DT/CB/WR could also be filled va FA.

gblowfish
12-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Guys who MUST go:

Eric Hicks
Ryan Sims
Greg Wesley
William Bartee
John Welbourn

Guys we should try to trade before cutting:
Kyle Turley
Chris Bober
Kendrell Bell

Guys who have lost a step, maybe getting towards the end:
Dante Hall
Sammy Knight
Eddie Kennison

Guys who might retire after this year
Will Shields
Ty Law
Priest Holmes

Guys we could lose to free agency
Tony Gonzalez
Kawika Mitchell

In the draft and free agency we'll have a bunch of holes next year. We'll need both tackles and guards on the O-line (to replace Shields and Roaf) at least one safety, at least one defensive tackle.

We might have to take a second look at Jeff Webb at a kick returner. Dante seems to be going Az Hakim on us.

I know Mitchell is eligible for free agency after this year, and I think Tony G is too. I think we'll have too many holes to plug next year to make up much ground.

El Jefe
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I agree we need new D coordinator first. I say get rid of:
1. Ryan Sims 2. Eric Hicks 3.William Bartee
4. Kevin Sampson 5. Kendrell Bell he has had enough time to adjust to a new system. 6. Bober
7. Dante Hall (he is losing his appeal quickly) I woulddnt get rid of him yet though. Ross and Williams are rookies gotta give them a chance, Brown is good on special teams.
6.Kyle Turley (gain some weight) 7.Lenny Walls

Chief Pote
12-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley
Dee Brown
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Stephen Williams
Sammy Knight
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Greg Wesley
Chris Bober

You forgot one...Kris Wilson.

Halfcan
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Carl
Herm
Gun

plus everyone on your list

Frankie
12-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Kyle Turley
Chris Bober
Kendrell Bell

Dante Hall

BigRedChief
12-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I think we'll have too many holes to plug next year to make up much ground.
Thats why you have to draft well and not blow your FA wad on over priced Vet pick ups. Of course the Pats are shining examples of this. Easy to say to do a lot harder to excute effectively.

DeepSouth
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
When Jason Dunn retires, Turley will be the Chiefs blocking TE.

buddha
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
It is past amazing to me that William Bartee still draws an NFL check! Can anybody please explain that to me? Is he King Carl's love child? Never has a player been so lousy and continued to get paid for it for so long.

dirk digler
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Cut:

Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dee Brown
Stephen Williams
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Chris Bober

Backups:

Greg Wesley
Sammy Knight
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley

Possibly gone via FA:

Mitchell
Gonzalez

Guys who might retire after this year:

Will Shields
Priest Holmes

We need to keep TonyG for sure and Mitchell even though I think he should be a backup. IMHO he is not starting middle linebacker material.

ferrarispider95
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Guys who MUST go:

Eric Hicks
Ryan Sims
Greg Wesley
William Bartee
John Welbourn

Kyle Turley
Chris Bober
Kendrell Bell

Guys who have lost a step, maybe getting towards the end:
Dante Hall
Sammy Knight
Eddie Kennison

Guys who might retire after this year
Will Shields
Ty Law
Priest Holmes

Guys we could lose to free agency
Tony Gonzalez
Kawika Mitchell

In the draft and free agency we'll have a bunch of holes next year. We'll need both tackles and guards on the O-line (to replace Shields and Roaf) at least one safety, at least one defensive tackle.

We might have to take a second look at Jeff Webb at a kick returner. Dante seems to be going Az Hakim on us.

I know Mitchell is eligible for free agency after this year, and I think Tony G is too. I think we'll have too many holes to plug next year to make up much ground.

Kennison hasn't lost a step, every year someone wants to get rid of him and get a true #1 receiver. He has produced every year.

Where is all the hate from Sapp coming from? I also think Walls has been decent this year. Law has killed us with some untimely missed tackles, and Surtain has had some bad penalites to keep drives alive for the other team. But, playing corner back has to be the hardest position on defense.

Here is my list
Sims
Bell
Hicks
Wesley
Hall
Bartee

CupidStunt
12-05-2006, 02:07 AM

God, I hope not.

Any time Willie McGinest was on Turley and not Dunn our running game got f*cking owned.

12-05-2006, 03:15 AM
Dante Hall

He will go to a division rival and burn us at least twice a year.

BenC1357
12-05-2006, 04:28 AM

Gotcha.

Exactly. I realize some people are just venting after a loss, but people wanting to cut so many players really must not grasp the salary cap structure.
First, you can't just cut people. You pay cap penalties that could ruin our team for 1-3 seasons. For all of the people that hate him, Peterson has done a great job of working the cap to keep us competitive each season. And he's done that by not making stupid, high dollar signings and then not cutting high dollar players which bring cap pentalties.
Second, it's not like you can just overhaul your roster and go sign better players in each position. I understand guys like Sims, his contract is up (I believe) and he makes a lot of money. Parker and Bell come to mind as well.

If you're truly looking to next season here's a glance:
QB: Trent and Brodie will be here. Huard is gone. He signed a one year contract for this season. His play while Green was gone earned him a shot at starting for someone, I think, and he'll get signed in free agency.
RB: We need to re-sign/structure LJ. Holmes is the wild card, because at a high salary we can't afford to just let him sit around another year. It's hard to say right now, but the Holmes situation needs to be taken care of.
FB: Cruz will be back. Wilson, I think, is at the end of his contract. He'll be looking for a place to get a chance at starting as a TE.
TE: Must resign TG. It will be tough to keep Wilson, IMO, so keeping Tony and Dunn is key.
WR: Cut Parker and Hall. Keep Webb and Kennison. Along with DT, this is the position that needs the most attention in the offseason. Depending on the cap situation, we need to go after a big, possession receiver either in the draft or free agency.
Tackle: We need to find an answer at RT. Turley is not it and should only be kept for depth. Welborne could be, but he's got to get his head straight and play a full season. Black deserves another year, but he must be the starter and only play LT. If we keep moving people around it hurts us.
Guard: Sheilds I would expect to retire. Bober will start or we'll need to sign someone. Waters is here to stay and just resigned last season.
Center: We're set, I believe.
DE: Hicks is gone. Hali and Allen are solid, we just need to find servicable backups.
DT: This is where we need the most help on the team. Sims is gone. Edwards and Reed are fillers. You read it here first, Shaun Rogers of Detroit is going to be a free agent. This should be job #1 for Carl, sign that guy. He's a beast. Either way, we must upgrade at tackle.
OLB: Johnson and Fox are keepers. If possible, again depending on cap penalties, cut Bell. Sign a young free agent, a second contract guy who maybe isn't a super star. This is where Herm and Gun need to find a "diamond in the rough", because we won't be able to afford to splash money at this position.
MLB: If we stay with the 4-3 and keep Mitchell we are fine. He's improving every season and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I mean if Ray Lewis falls in your lap you go for it, otherwise we're fine there.
CB: Law and Surtain will be starters again. Walls is a decent nickle/fill in. Sapp's chances are up. We need to draft young talent and let Herm mold them. Maxie may be that guy, but we might want to shoot a little higher in the draft for a CB.
S: Page and Pollard will probably start next season. Cut Wesley, not because he's all that bad, but because his salary is high and his play is dropping off. Knight, if the money is right, would be good to have around as veteran leadership. I think the Bartee experiment is over, isn't it?
K and P: I think we're set there.
KR: Hall's days are numbered. It's not that he's BAD, it's just that he doesn't make good decisions.

So, in short:
Cut: Sims, Hicks, Sapp, Bartee.
Cut if replacements can be found: Turley, Parker, Wesley.
Force a decision from: Sheilds and Holmes.
Resign at all costs: Gonzalez.
Resign if possible, depending on the market: Wilson, Mitchell, Knight.
Priority to fill: Defensive tackle, Receiver, Cornerback

CupidStunt
12-05-2006, 05:03 AM
I realize some people are just venting after a loss, but people wanting to cut so many players really must not grasp the salary cap structure.

Since you're quoting the person who quoted me, let me make it clear that I didn't say to CUT most of the team; just that I don't have an appreciable interest in the unlisted players returning.

If they do, in some cases, fine. In others, I'd be unhappy, but whatever.

I just listed the guys I actually want to see Chiefs - and I believe most, if not all, will be.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Cut:

Ryan Sims
Kendrell Bell
Dee Brown
Stephen Williams
Eric Hicks
William Bartee
Chris Bober

Backups:

Greg Wesley
Sammy Knight
Derrick Ross
Lenny Walls
Dante Hall
Kyle Turley

Possibly gone via FA:

Mitchell
Gonzalez

Guys who might retire after this year:

Will Shields
Priest Holmes

We need to keep TonyG for sure and Mitchell even though I think he should be a backup. IMHO he is not starting middle linebacker material.

Wesley Knight and Mitchell who'll be getting a new contract, all will make or already make to much money to be backups if you don't think they are good enough to start then they shouldn't be here.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:37 AM
This is how I think things should go.......but they probably won't......

QB-Green and Croyle return while Huard leaves.

RB-Johnson and Bennett return, Ross invited to camp, Dee Brown cut.

FB-I'd probably invite Cruz to camp but would be looking for a player or 2 that can replace him, I wasn't impressed with him while he was playing.

WR-Frankly I think the only guys at this spot who should return are Kennison and Webb....everyone else can go especially Parker and Hall.

TE-I'd see what Gonzalez wants, if he asks for an insane amount of money I'd seriously consider letting him walk, overpaying a 30 year old player when you aren't on the verge of a bowl isn't a great idea....Dunn and Wilson should return.

OL-I expect Turley to retire, Bober and Sampson both need to be cut, Bober for being crap and Sampson because he's just a big pussy who never plays, waste of a roster spot. Everyone else can come back...or atleast get a camp invite.....isn't Black a FA after this year? If so they better not overpay for him because even if he's improved he's still marginal at best as a tackle.

DL-Allen, Hali, Wilkerson and Reed should return.......everyone else should be gone, well other than Steve Williams he can have a camp invite and try to make the team.

LB-Bell and Mitchell should be gone......and after what I've seen the last few weeks Fox is very borderline as to whether he should be back.....

CB-Surtain and Law will likely be back.....Maxey should also atleast come to camp...everyone else needs to go. Walls is pitiful and Benny Sapp shouldn't be anything more than a 5th corner/special teams guy.

S-Wesley and Knight both have to go.........

And for anyone that says "that's to many guys" so be it we need to get younger and better. Build the young core for the future this team isn't close to winning a superbowl. Problem is if we were young I could accept we're getting better and we'll get there, with this team we're just getting old there isn't much of a future at this moment.

Frankie
12-05-2006, 09:48 AM
depending on his age. Isn't he as old or older than Dunn?

Anyhow, if he is truly looked at at our near future blocking TE should he not also be called upon to catch some passes now? Maybe in tackle-eligible plays?

Frankie
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
DE: Hicks is gone. Hali and Allen are solid, we just need to find servicable backups.

Wilkerson.

You read it here first, Shaun Rogers of Detroit is going to be a free agent. This should be job #1 for Carl, sign that guy. He's a beast. Either way, we must upgrade at tackle.

Bah humbug! The last time we signed a Detroit DT FA it was some obscure guy with a funny island name. Whatever happened to that experiment? ;)

Sapp's chances are up.

Why?

I think the Bartee experiment is over, isn't it?

The fat lady has finished the song and has gone to the bathroom already. Kick the bum out!

KR: Hall's days are numbered. It's not that he's BAD, it's just that he doesn't make good decisions.

As a former supporter of Hall's who now thinks he's not carrying his weight, I've been wanting him gone. But if you are right with this statement maybe it is a coaching deficiency. I think Hall's problem is he is a legend in his own mind and when every return hasn't become a highlight piece he has gotten more and nore frustrated and selfish. He needs to become a team player.

Halfcan
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
sims will get hurt. let hicks lift the big stuff

I don't think Sampson can even get in the truck without getting hurt-probably strain his back closing the door.

Halfcan
12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
This is how I think things should go.......but they probably won't......

QB-Green and Croyle return while Huard leaves.

RB-Johnson and Bennett return, Ross invited to camp, Dee Brown cut.

FB-I'd probably invite Cruz to camp but would be looking for a player or 2 that can replace him, I wasn't impressed with him while he was playing.

WR-Frankly I think the only guys at this spot who should return are Kennison and Webb....everyone else can go especially Parker and Hall.

TE-I'd see what Gonzalez wants, if he asks for an insane amount of money I'd seriously consider letting him walk, overpaying a 30 year old player when you aren't on the verge of a bowl isn't a great idea....Dunn and Wilson should return.

OL-I expect Turley to retire, Bober and Sampson both need to be cut, Bober for being crap and Sampson because he's just a big pussy who never plays, waste of a roster spot. Everyone else can come back...or atleast get a camp invite.....isn't Black a FA after this year? If so they better not overpay for him because even if he's improved he's still marginal at best as a tackle.

DL-Allen, Hali, Wilkerson and Reed should return.......everyone else should be gone, well other than Steve Williams he can have a camp invite and try to make the team.

LB-Bell and Mitchell should be gone......and after what I've seen the last few weeks Fox is very borderline as to whether he should be back.....

CB-Surtain and Law will likely be back.....Maxey should also atleast come to camp...everyone else needs to go. Walls is pitiful and Benny Sapp shouldn't be anything more than a 5th corner/special teams guy.

S-Wesley and Knight both have to go.........

And for anyone that says "that's to many guys" so be it we need to get younger and better. Build the young core for the future this team isn't close to winning a superbowl. Problem is if we were young I could accept we're getting better and we'll get there, with this team we're just getting old there isn't much of a future at this moment.

Hard to argue with that list. That should free up some room to sign Rogers and three or four more FA's-a pair of receivers would be nice. Then fill in the rest through the draft.

carlos3652
12-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Exactly. I realize some people are just venting after a loss, but people wanting to cut so many players really must not grasp the salary cap structure.
First, you can't just cut people. You pay cap penalties that could ruin our team for 1-3 seasons. For all of the people that hate him, Peterson has done a great job of working the cap to keep us competitive each season. And he's done that by not making stupid, high dollar signings and then not cutting high dollar players which bring cap pentalties.
Second, it's not like you can just overhaul your roster and go sign better players in each position. I understand guys like Sims, his contract is up (I believe) and he makes a lot of money. Parker and Bell come to mind as well.

If you're truly looking to next season here's a glance:
QB: Trent and Brodie will be here. Huard is gone. He signed a one year contract for this season. His play while Green was gone earned him a shot at starting for someone, I think, and he'll get signed in free agency.
RB: We need to re-sign/structure LJ. Holmes is the wild card, because at a high salary we can't afford to just let him sit around another year. It's hard to say right now, but the Holmes situation needs to be taken care of.
FB: Cruz will be back. Wilson, I think, is at the end of his contract. He'll be looking for a place to get a chance at starting as a TE.
TE: Must resign TG. It will be tough to keep Wilson, IMO, so keeping Tony and Dunn is key.
WR: Cut Parker and Hall. Keep Webb and Kennison. Along with DT, this is the position that needs the most attention in the offseason. Depending on the cap situation, we need to go after a big, possession receiver either in the draft or free agency.
Tackle: We need to find an answer at RT. Turley is not it and should only be kept for depth. Welborne could be, but he's got to get his head straight and play a full season. Black deserves another year, but he must be the starter and only play LT. If we keep moving people around it hurts us.
Guard: Sheilds I would expect to retire. Bober will start or we'll need to sign someone. Waters is here to stay and just resigned last season.
Center: We're set, I believe.
DT: This is where we need the most help on the team. Sims is gone. Edwards and Reed are fillers. You read it here first, Shaun Rogers of Detroit is going to be a free agent. This should be job #1 for Carl, sign that guy. He's a beast. Either way, we must upgrade at tackle.
OLB: Johnson and Fox are keepers. If possible, again depending on cap penalties, cut Bell. Sign a young free agent, a second contract guy who maybe isn't a super star. This is where Herm and Gun need to find a "diamond in the rough", because we won't be able to afford to splash money at this position.
MLB: If we stay with the 4-3 and keep Mitchell we are fine. He's improving every season and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I mean if Ray Lewis falls in your lap you go for it, otherwise we're fine there.
CB: Law and Surtain will be starters again. Walls is a decent nickle/fill in. Sapp's chances are up. We need to draft young talent and let Herm mold them. Maxie may be that guy, but we might want to shoot a little higher in the draft for a CB.
S: Page and Pollard will probably start next season. Cut Wesley, not because he's all that bad, but because his salary is high and his play is dropping off. Knight, if the money is right, would be good to have around as veteran leadership. I think the Bartee experiment is over, isn't it?
K and P: I think we're set there.

So, in short:
Cut: Sims, Hicks, Sapp, Bartee.
Cut if replacements can be found: Turley, Parker, Wesley.
Force a decision from: Sheilds and Holmes.
Resign at all costs: Gonzalez.
Resign if possible, depending on the market: Wilson, Mitchell, Knight.
Priority to fill: Defensive tackle, Receiver, Cornerback

Nice!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Honestly, Parker has played well the last 3 games. I see no reason why we need to create another hole. We don't need to get rid of Parker as much as we need to get a solid WR and bump Samie to 3. He's not making a shitload of money anyway.

Redrum_69
12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
All the Chiefs Cheerleaders...get a new squad.

Bring back Ginger from a few years back...better yet, make the whole squad redheads...with blue eyes.

chiefs4me
12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
He will go to a division rival and burn us at least twice a year.

with our luck I would say 3-5 times.....:deevee:

HemiEd
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Id challenge that....Guntherrs didnt just suddenly get stupid. .

Actually, Gunther has always been stupid.

chiefs4me
12-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Actually, Gunther has always been stupid.

rep, and that was your 7000 post Ed.....so rep again.....;)

jiveturkey
12-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that someone else has already asked this but why is Derrick Ross and Stephen Williams on that list?

jiveturkey
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Now that I did some reading I remember why the word retarded was invented.

Cap space isn't going to be an issue with Sheilds and Holmes off of the payroll. Extending LG, Gonzo, Mitchell (where's the upgrade going to come from) and Allen should happen.

I wouldn't automatically consider Dunn a lock. I believe that he's been considering retirement for a few years now. Maybe camp Herm has changed his mind though.

BenC1357
12-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Wilkerson.
Forgot him. He stays.
Shaun Rogers: Bah humbug! The last time we signed a Detroit DT FA it was some obscure guy with a funny island name. Whatever happened to that experiment?
I still say Rogers will be one of the best FAs in a position that we need to upgrade. Defensive tackle is our most needed upgrade. If it's not Rogers, it must be someone.
Sapp's chances are up.

Why?Because he will never be a starting corner. We can sign any number of young, fast, special teams playing corners to fill that spot at less money than a 4th year player will cost.

As a former supporter of Hall's who now thinks he's not carrying his weight, I've been wanting him gone. But if you are right with this statement maybe it is a coaching deficiency. I think Hall's problem is he is a legend in his own mind and when every return hasn't become a highlight piece he has gotten more and nore frustrated and selfish. He needs to become a team player.
Hall is fine on punts. Dancing around happens on punt returns becaus you catch the ball in a sea of people and have to find your way out. The problem is that on kick offs you must run full speed straight ahead, make one cut into the lane and be off to the races. Hall is trying to dance on kick offs too, and that just doesn't work. I'm not saying I'm 100% ready to cut him, but I'd be looking around a bit and see if he's worth keeping.

And jiveturkey: The cap is ALWAYS an issue. Our situation is better if Sheilds, Sims and Holmes are off the roster. But as I stated in my first post, Carl does a great job of being smart with the cap. He doesn't live year to year (see: Daniel Snyder) he looks many years out. He'll continue to do that, and I'm thankful as a fan for it. While I'm huge on keeping Gonzalez, we can't over pay for an over 30 player. It's salary cap suicide, take a look around the league for all the proof you need. The deal must be right for all parties. Now we'll probably have to over pay for Allen, unless he's a "Chiefs man" similar to Waters and will sign for a fair price where everyone is happy. He was a second day draft pick so his rookie salary is cheap, it's going to take a large chunk of change (compared to what he's currently making) to keep him.

My whole point though is that if the people saying we need to cut/release/move 20+ players are serious then they must also be willing to not complain about going 2-14 for a couple of seasons...

Mecca
12-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Shaun Rogers got a new contract last year.......it's hard to sign guys who aren't FA's.

milmil13
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Why would we get rid of both Walls and Sapp? I do think Hall needs to find another job because he can't return worth a damn anymore.

pr_capone
12-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Kendrell Bell
Dee Brown
Rod Gardner
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Ty Law
Kevin Sampson
Benny Sapp
Ryan Simms
Lenny Walls
Greg Wesley
William Bartee
Priest Holmes

teedubya
12-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Id like to get rid of

Hootie
ChiefaRoo
BlueBalls

Oh, you mean Chiefs players... nm

BenC1357
12-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Shaun Rogers got a new contract last year.......it's hard to sign guys who aren't FA's.
Whoops! Plan B then...although I don't know who that would be. :)

OldTownChief
12-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Dump all the mother ****ers.

Frankie
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Dump all the mother ****ers.
How do you do that? Do you line'em up and ask whoever is a "mother ****er" should step forward?